PDA

View Full Version : Lol LakerGrounds

BadOdor
05-22-2010, 10:31 AM
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=111031

This shit almost makes me want to see the lakers lose......almost....

Vertical
05-22-2010, 10:46 AM
No need to link lame threads from lame Lakers sites...We have enough lame threads in here already

BadOdor
05-22-2010, 10:48 AM
No need to link lame threads from lame Lakers sites...We have enough lame threads in here already

Cool story bro.

djohn2oo8
05-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Jordan
Kareem
Kobe
Magic
Russel

"If Kobe eventually wins 6, hes 2nd behind Jordan. If he wins 7, GOAT. http://forums.lakersground.net/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif
kobe is the best basketball player ever to me. i think he has the most well tuned all around game of anybody ever. and i say at least 2nd behind jordan at the lowest. i still prefer kobe to jordan because kobe can get hotter from three which is what i prefer."

"He's in the top 5 now."

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Bukefal
05-22-2010, 10:52 AM
:lol

midnightpulp
05-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Not as bad as I thought. I expected them to put him behind Jordan or something.

Some reasonable posters in that thread:

Ya a ring this year and hes top 10 (could be already) ... top 5 is tough to crack.

Oh, but as I scroll down, the Jonestown-type delusion starts to show itself:

I agree hes 2nd best skilled player of all time, maybe even 1st. But if your talking about pure talent, then the list changes completely. You rank players based on greatness. You determine greatness based on whatever your opinion is. Most people associate rings with greatness, in Kobes case he was 1B for 3 rings and 1A for 1 ring, possibly a 2nd ring.

kobe is the best basketball player ever to me. i think he has the most well tuned all around game of anybody ever. and i say at least 2nd behind jordan at the lowest. i still prefer kobe to jordan because kobe can get hotter from three which is what i prefer.

Jordan
Kareem
Kobe
Magic
Russel

If Kobe eventually wins 6, hes 2nd behind Jordan. If he wins 7, GOAT.

Without a doubt. Kobe's incredible feats of individual skill + number of rings throws him in there. If he gets 6 then he's a definite #2 in my book. It may take 7 rings or so and possibly all time scoring leader to have a chance of passing Jordan.

He's already bordering on top 5, in my opinion. The only players that I can think of who are clearly ahead of him at the moment are Kareem, Magic and Jordan. A few others (Bird, Wilt, Russell, Hakeem) are debatable.

If we're talking about greatest 5 ever, then he will need another ring at least. But if we are talking top 5 most individually skilled players ever, I don't care what anyone says, Kobe is at #1. I would put Jordan at #2. The things Kobe has done is just out of this world and the degree of difficulty on his shots sometimes is insane. Jordan did it also to some extent but not like Kobe and didn't have the same long range shot as Kobe. And of course Jordan being the biggest sports and media icon ever made everything he did ten times more amazing to people. Anyway, didn't want to make it a Kobe/Jordan post but those are the top 2 in skill of all time. But Jordan is still the greatest player of all time for the time being.

All I gotta say is Jesus Fuckin Christ.

Darthkiller
05-22-2010, 11:14 AM
that thread makes me wanna find out where that server is and puke on it.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2010, 11:23 AM
lol lakersground

lol clublakers

djohn2oo8
05-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Those posters make lakaluva look good

Giuseppe
05-22-2010, 11:43 AM
It's basically looks & sounds like the Spurs Board from here.

midnightpulp
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Not even close, Cul.

We're logical about the greatness of Tim Duncan, see the Hakeem thread for proof (minus Spurfan Shasta). Lakers homers are genuinely psychotic where Bryant is concerned.

Chieflion
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
I really don't see that happening. Media/NBA has been trying to bring him down since forever

:lmao

Mel_13
05-22-2010, 12:03 PM

True. Did anyone on that site call Bill Russell a role player like someone here did?

TheMACHINE
05-22-2010, 12:48 PM
lol lakersground

TheManFromAcme
05-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Not even close, Cul.

We're logical about the greatness of Tim Duncan, see the Hakeem thread for proof (minus Spurfan Shasta). Lakers homers are genuinely psychotic where Bryant is concerned.

They sure are. That's why I rarely go back to LG. I've been there since 2002 and has gone south real fast.

You make one critical comment regarding Kobe and they want to tar and feather you. It's insane.

ST is full of crap just as well but it's funny crap.:lol

ffadicted
05-22-2010, 12:53 PM
lol GOAT

Venti Quattro
05-22-2010, 01:12 PM
lol clublakers

lakaluva, deliver on your promise and kick some groupie clublakers ass

Bosh is a better rebounder, a lightly worse shot blocker, and anyone who watched the Olympics knows that he can defend when isn't the primary option to score.

Also, let's tell it like it is. A defensive anchor is hard to come by, but it hardly helps at times if you aren't guaranteed to have it for more than half of every season.

I'd do Bosh/Jack or hell even Bosh/Derozan for Bynum/Sasha in a heartbeat.
LET'S SEE WHAT BOSH DOES BETTER THAN BYNUM, HMM EVERYTHING

BETTER SCORER AND MORE EFFICIENT :

24 POINTS TO 15 POINTS.

BETTER REBOUNDER :

11 BOARDS TO 8 BOARDS

THEY ARE BOTH EQUAL SHOT BLOCKERS SO I DON'T KNOW WHY EVERYONE ACTS LIKE BYNUM IS THIS BIG DEFENSIVE PRESENCE.

BOSH IS A MUCH BETTER DEFENDER AND HE SHOWED THAT IN THE OLYMPICS.

BOSH IS NOWHERE NEAR INJURY PRONE AS BYNUM.

BOSH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BYNUM

YOU CAN ALSO MAKE THE CASE GASOL AND BOSH ARE 2 OF THE TOP 5 BIGMAN AND THE 2 BEST BIGMAN IN THE LEAGUE.

Venti Quattro
05-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Should've put up a poll with this question:

What forum's worse: LG or CL? :lmao

Donkeybong
05-22-2010, 01:30 PM
ive seen way worse posts here. there's actually some decent argument in that thread

Killakobe81
05-22-2010, 01:56 PM

Fair point ...yall act like we dont see trash here everyday ...

And though deluded the quality of threads and posts are higher, because the mods are stricter (on Lakersground at least) ...but I post here more for the debate, comedy and freedom.

Besides, I already know plenty of Laker fans no need to acquire more.