PDA

View Full Version : Bosh :(

sananspursfan21
05-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Reports: Bosh narrows list of preferred teams to five

Posted May 22 2010 10:17AM
TORONTO (AP) -- Chris Bosh has reportedly narrowed down the teams he'd like to play for next year, and the list includes the Toronto Raptors.
According to several reports, Bosh's agent told the Raptors the star forward would like to go to the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat or New York Knicks should he decide not to re-sign with Toronto.
The story was first reported on ESPN.com.
If Bosh can't be re-signed, GM Bryan Colangelo has said he won't hesitate to pull the trigger on a sign-and-trade arrangement that would likely see Bosh get a maximum contract, while the Raptors end up with players, draft picks or both.

eh, the spurs really couldn't get him anyways :rolleyes the saddest part is that he'd play in los angeles given the chance!

Mel_13
05-22-2010, 11:17 AM
So an elite, young American athlete who is about to sign a contract that will guarantee him 130 million dollars over the next six years chooses to live in New York, LA, Chicago, or Miami rather than anywhere in Texas?

Shocking development.

rascal
05-22-2010, 11:48 AM
The Lakers are always in the speculation mix.
More chance he ends up with the lakers than with the Spurs.

MateoNeygro
05-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I didn't think he'd come here anyways. Not a big suprise.

rascal
05-22-2010, 11:49 AM
I didn't think he'd come here anyways. Not a big suprise.

Of course he was never coming to the Spurs.

duhoh
05-22-2010, 11:51 AM
anyone who wanted him here deserves a slap

Big P
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Bosh's Agent Denies Giving Raptors List Of Teams

from realgm.com

May 21, 2010 9:08 PM EST

Henry Thomas, the agent for Chris Bosh, said that he has not given the Raptors a list of teams to which his client would be interested in a sign-and-trade deal.

"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas said. "I haven't given Bryan [Colangelo] any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing."

Thomas said that Bosh is currently considering his options.

"Why would I do that?" Thomas said about the wish list. "We're still in a process of evaluating a lot different situations."

Thomas also said that Bosh is not committed to a sign-and-trade deal.

"I can't tell you whether it's a priority or not. Is it going to be evaluated? Sure. It will be evaluated," Thomas said of a potential sign-and-trade transaction. "But whether it's a priority, we're still in a process of deciding what the priorities actually are."

Thomas spoke about the possibility of Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh meeting together prior to free-agency in order to determine their future.

"We haven't decided that yet," Thomas said. "I wouldn't be surprised, for sure, if the guys don't talk to themselves. But as far as there being this big pow-wow, where we're all going to get into a room, that hasn't been decided."

Mel_13
05-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Bosh's Agent Denies Giving Raptors List Of Teams

The Raptor GM confirms the list:

ESPN.com reported Bosh’s agent, Henry Thomas, has told Colangelo that Bosh would like to go to the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat or New York Knicks should he decide not to re-sign with Toronto.

“It has been narrowed down to a handful of teams, including us,” Colangelo said, not going into any more details.

http://www.thestar.com/iphone/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/812969--bosh-s-wish-list-bulls-lakers-heat-or-knicks

benefactor
05-22-2010, 12:03 PM
:wakeup

Agloco
05-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Move along....there's nothing here that we didn't already know.

Big P
05-22-2010, 12:11 PM
The Raptor GM confirms the list:

ESPN.com reported Bosh’s agent, Henry Thomas, has told Colangelo that Bosh would like to go to the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat or New York Knicks should he decide not to re-sign with Toronto.

“It has been narrowed down to a handful of teams, including us,” Colangelo said, not going into any more details.

http://www.thestar.com/iphone/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/812969--bosh-s-wish-list-bulls-lakers-heat-or-knicks

The denying from his agent came AFTER the espn report....it doesn't make sense that they would cut their options to only 5 or 6 teams, especially if the Raps are willing to do a S&T...but like anything else during the off season, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Mel_13
05-22-2010, 12:16 PM
The denying from his agent came AFTER the espn report....it doesn't make sense that they would cut their options to only 5 or 6 teams, especially if the Raps are willing to do a S&T...but like anything else during the off season, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors.

The article from the Toronto paper has a direct quote from Colangelo, not from some anonymous NBA source. Choose to believe Colangelo or not, but the quote is there.

At any rate, discussing Bosh in the Spurs forum is pointless. He's not coming to San Antonio.

honestfool84
05-22-2010, 12:18 PM
:tu

rascal
05-22-2010, 12:20 PM
The article from the Toronto paper has a direct quote from Colangelo, not from some anonymous NBA source. Choose to believe Colangelo or not, but the quote is there.

At any rate, discussing Bosh in the Spurs forum is pointless. He's not coming to San Antonio.

But the problem is it would not be a big surprise if the lakers pulled off some sort of a sign and trade deal.

The lakers front office is better than the spurs front office and always finds ways to get and keep the lakers on top with the moves they make.

NFGIII
05-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Reports: Bosh narrows list of preferred teams to five

Posted May 22 2010 10:17AM
TORONTO (AP) -- Chris Bosh has reportedly narrowed down the teams he'd like to play for next year, and the list includes the Toronto Raptors.
According to several reports, Bosh's agent told the Raptors the star forward would like to go to the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat or New York Knicks should he decide not to re-sign with Toronto.
The story was first reported on ESPN.com.
If Bosh can't be re-signed, GM Bryan Colangelo has said he won't hesitate to pull the trigger on a sign-and-trade arrangement that would likely see Bosh get a maximum contract, while the Raptors end up with players, draft picks or both.

eh, the spurs really couldn't get him anyways :rolleyes the saddest part is that he'd play in los angeles given the chance!

Four out the five won't win him a ring so if he can't win a ring with LA then it seems that he is going to take the money and run. Toronto, Chicago, Miami and NY I believe don't have what it takes to win it. The only way would be for James to go to one of those teams but if that what would the salaries be on that team? With two max contract and most likely another one - Miami will max out Wade and I think Rose in Chicago isn't up for one this year - where is the money for the supporting cast?

If Bosh goes to LA then the WC is really screwed. But can he? Can LA sign him to a max contract? I don't know but would LA want to spend that kind of money and if so who would they let go? And since he is a UFS Toronto can't do a dign and trade if Bosh just wants to walk. Right?

I believe that Bosh is going to get stuck on a team destined to go nowhere.

Big P
05-22-2010, 12:22 PM

So who should we believe, Colangelo or Bosh's agent?

As for the report, I don't think it was anonymous..

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story

Mel_13
05-22-2010, 12:34 PM
So who should we believe, Colangelo or Bosh's agent?

As for the report, I don't think it was anonymous..

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s052110,0,4558949.story

I wasn't suggesting that the agent report was anonymous. I was pointing out that the Toronto Star article included a direct quote from Colangelo as opposed the initial ESPN report which attributed the list to anonymous sources.

So with direct and contradictory quotes from the agent and the GM on this subject, who do you believe?

I find that the GM has less reason to lie, but it really is irrelevant to us as Spurs fans. He's not coming to San Antonio in any case.

8FOR!3
05-22-2010, 01:00 PM
You guys seem surprised. The biggest name going to the Spurs this offseason is potentially Tiago Splitter. If not him, then MAYBE Shaq. But that isn't likely at all. And past that you're going to get maybe a Raja Bell, JJ Redick, or Channing Frye. But the best player we get this offseason will either come out of the draft or be Splitter. Our chances at Bosh in a sign and trade TP were about as good as our chances at LeBron.

Dr. Gonzo
05-22-2010, 01:01 PM
But the problem is it would not be a big surprise if the lakers pulled off some sort of a sign and trade deal.

The lakers front office is better than the spurs front office and always finds ways to get and keep the lakers on top with the moves they make.

It's not all the Lakers FO. The fact that they are in Los Angeles and they biggest game in town has a lot to do with it.

Big P
05-22-2010, 02:10 PM
I wasn't suggesting that the agent report was anonymous. I was pointing out that the Toronto Star article included a direct quote from Colangelo as opposed the initial ESPN report which attributed the list to anonymous sources.

So with direct and contradictory quotes from the agent and the GM on this subject, who do you believe?

I find that the GM has less reason to lie, but it really is irrelevant to us as Spurs fans. He's not coming to San Antonio in any case.

I agree with you as far as our chances of landing Bosh, & I'm not posting this as someone who realistically thinks Bosh is coming to SA, but what I do
believe, is that the agent has less reason to lie..why would he want to limit their options from 29 to 5 or 6? That does not make business sense.

Pistons < Spurs
05-22-2010, 02:20 PM
from his twitter:

Chris Bosh

I saw that i supposedly had a " top 5" yesterday. Here's something more accurate. http://j.mp/cWS0SV

Big P
05-22-2010, 02:23 PM
from his twitter:

Well, there you go..nice find.

ploto
05-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Claiming Bosh has already narrowed his list could be Colangelo's way of discouraging certain teams.

It seems highly unlikely that Bosh would have already narrowed his list when he can not even talk to teams yet.

Fabbs
05-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Chad Ford is a huge Laker Brownoser so some article from his claiming "only 5" and the Lakers being one of the 5 is par for the course.

Colangelos tho, who knows.

dbestpro
05-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Claiming Bosh has already narrowed his list could be Colangelo's way of discouraging certain teams.

It seems highly unlikely that Bosh would have already narrowed his list when he can not even talk to teams yet.

:tu

Mel_13
05-22-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree with you as far as our chances of landing Bosh, & I'm not posting this as someone who realistically thinks Bosh is coming to SA, but what I do
believe, is that the agent has less reason to lie..why would he want to limit their options from 29 to 5 or 6? That does not make business sense.

Agree to disagree.

Actually, it also doesn't seem to make much business sense for the GM to limit the number of possible teams. The more teams that are in the market, the higher the price can go. Toronto, once they have accepted the notion that Bosh is leaving, would like nothing more than a bidding war between a large number of teams. Bosh is likely to get his max deal no matter where he goes. How much Toronto gets in return can vary greatly.

Russ
05-22-2010, 04:15 PM
So an elite, young American athlete who is about to sign a contract that will guarantee him 130 million dollars over the next six years chooses to live in New York, LA, Chicago, or Miami rather than anywhere in Texas?

Shocking development.

You know who wants to come to SA? Someone who doesn't know the difference between San Antonio and Manhatten.

Get Splitter. :toast

BUMP
05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

afireinside20
05-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Fuck Bosh!!! He's soft as hell and pretty damn overrated. If he wants to take the money and join an already stacked team instead of fighting for something the right way,e league then let him. Just another punk bitch in the league who cares only about money.

Tito_Trinidad
05-22-2010, 11:11 PM
i still prefer Al Jeff over Bosh.

lefty
05-22-2010, 11:21 PM
He is going to San Antonio

CIA Bosh :hat

sananspursfan21
05-23-2010, 12:41 PM
...Just another punk bitch in the league who cares only about money.

don't forget fame!

Fabbs
05-23-2010, 01:01 PM
i still prefer Al Jeff over Bosh.
Yep.

jason54858
05-23-2010, 10:02 PM
yall are mising the point, Bosh is from Dallas, born and raised, and guess who also aint on that list. Bosh is trying to go anywhere he thinks Lebron is may be going. The LA Lakers is a backup plan incase Lebron stays in Cleveland. No one wants to get up and move to Cleveland.

Juanobili
05-23-2010, 10:17 PM
lol he's not going back to Toronto

quit lying to yourself Chris

fyatuk
05-23-2010, 10:59 PM
And since he is a UFS Toronto can't do a dign and trade if Bosh just wants to walk. Right?

Sure, by why? Toronto is willing to do a sign-and-trade, and Bosh would get more money doing a sign-and-trade, so why would he leave money on the table just to make sure the Raptors don't get anything in return?