PDA

View Full Version : So did Lebron choke?

midnightpulp
05-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Or are the Celtics just that fuckin' good?

Venti Quattro
05-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Combination of both. Lebron choking is no good if Boston also sucks.

BRHornet45
05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
in fairness to the Queen ... his own teammates were fucking his mom. God only knows how many of them hit that.

midnightpulp
05-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Combination of both. Lebron choking is no good if Boston also sucks.

Just to clarify, I'm no Lebron homer, but I think the way Boston is dismantling Orlando, making the "3rd best player in the league" their bitch, shows that the blame shouldn't be placed on his shoulders or the Cavs team. Boston is simply a machine right now.

Joe Tait and the Cavs fanbase can rest somewhat easy, I think. The Cavs didn't choke or tank, Boston is just a damn good team.

Giuseppe
05-22-2010, 09:49 PM
No choke. James has proven nothing. He's accomplished nothing.

j.dizzle
05-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Cle used to OWN boston at the Q...Lebron choked. They barely lost to them in 2008.

midnightpulp
05-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Cle used to OWN boston at the Q...Lebron choked. They barely lost to them in 2008.

This Celtic team is playing on a whole other level right now. They're looking better now than they did in 08.

And key phrase here is used to. So much can change in the course of a season, or even a series. I could see Boston totally flaming out come Finals.

sefant77
05-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Mo choked in 4 of 6 games
Jamison in 3 of 6

Rest of them too weak scoringwise

Call it the Mavs playoff disease or Jason Terry 2.0

m33p0
05-22-2010, 10:01 PM
lebron did what lebron does.

gaKNOW!blee
05-22-2010, 10:03 PM
lebron didnt choke, he quit. which is worse.

JoeTait75
05-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Joe Tait and the Cavs fanbase can rest somewhat easy, I think. The Cavs didn't choke or tank, Boston is just a damn good team.

Boston is damned good. And LeBron still tanked.

Killakobe81
05-22-2010, 11:15 PM
Boston is damned good. And LeBron still tanked.

Boston is damn good ...but Cavs did shrink from the challenge ...

Ditto the Magic.

Doc must get high praise here ...will be interesting if he can beat Lakers I think Doc would be one of the only coaches to best Phil twice in the playoffs ...Im not sure but I think so ...stat geeks where are you? LOL

Venti Quattro
05-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Doc must get high praise here ...will be interesting if he can beat Lakers I think Doc would be one of the only coaches to best Phil twice in the playoffs ...Im not sure but I think so ...stat geeks where are you? LOL
Pringles is another coach who beat Phil twice.

j.dizzle
05-22-2010, 11:19 PM
[quote=midnightpulp;4367251]This Celtic team is playing on a whole other level right now. They're looking better now than they did in 08.

And key phrase here is used to. So much can change in the course of a season, or even a series. I could see Boston totally flaming out come Finals.[/quote
The big 3 looked much better & faster in 2008. Rondo is much better now though but Boston had a stacked team in 2008. They're not as scary anymore cuz they used to have like 4-5 deadly 3 point shooters..Now they only have like 1 or 2. I honestly think Rondo has to go ape shit for them to win it all this year.

ducks
05-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Or are the Celtics just that fuckin' good?

when you suck how can you choke:downspin:

SpursDynasty
05-22-2010, 11:35 PM
LeBron didn't choke. Boston was the favorite to win that series.

lefty
05-23-2010, 03:35 AM
Lebron is a choking quitting pussy

He is a black Nowitzki - minus the quitting.

Edit: Dirk wants out

BRHornet45
05-23-2010, 03:54 AM
Lebron is a choking quitting pussy

He is a black Nowitzki - minus the quitting.

Edit: Dirk wants out

post of the decade right here sons

MateoNeygro
05-23-2010, 04:55 AM
A little of both, the Celtics are looking pretty damn strong. I mean they are tearing up the Magic who until the playoffs were something like 28-3 since feb or march.

mingus
05-23-2010, 05:30 AM
the only way you beat this Celtics team is by playing better defense than them. in fact, that's how it's always been, with every defensive team that's gone on to win a championship. great defensive teams just suffocate you, no matter how ggod you are offensively. it comes down to stops. great defenses can make great offense players look average. you can look to Kobe and the Lakers in '04 losing to the Pistons. Kobe %'s were way down. you can look at '08 for a more recent example agains the Celtics. same thing with Lebron. Lebron and Kobe, quite possibly the two greatest scorers of the last 12 years, didn't choke. they just happened to run into great defensive teams. that's why team defense wins championships. it trumps all. even the best talent in the game. it should come as no surprise that another great offensive player hasn't been able to overcome it.

Chillen
05-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Boston is on a roll at the moment, it looks pretty good they will sweep Orlando on Monday. The Cavaliers won 2 games against them, I think the bigger question is are the Orlando Magic choking, if they get swept I'd say yes. They were undefeated coming into the Boston series. At least the Cavs won 2 games against this team which looks on pace to get to the NBA finals and face probably the Lakers which could go either way. This Boston team is proof that the regular season means crap, as long as you get enough wins to qualify for the playoffs. The playoffs are a different season and the team on a roll usually is holding the trophy in June, looks like it could be either Boston or Lakers doing that in a few weeks.

midnightpulp
05-23-2010, 08:11 AM
This shit would fly if I wasn't around. You cock suckers are good for making excuses for James. If this was Dirk or Kobe, they would have choked without a doubt, but it's a good thing I'm here to keep you fags in check. Boston is good, but the Cavs should have beat them, James is just not good enough, but Kobe is...:lmao

Bullshit. Claiming so and so "choked" is more of a cop out than saying "my team just flat out got their ass beat." The former is a weak attempt at trying to rationalize the outcome instead of owning up and admitting the obvious.

Did Kobe choke in 08 when he came into the Finals shooting over 50% and proceeded to shoot 40% for the series?

I can't stand when people say "Nah, they didn't win that game, we lost it." But using your logic that's less of an excuse than saying, "Damn, we just got outclassed by a better team." :lol

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Lakers fans may be buying themselves a nightmare next season in this board by deriding every team/star that lost to the Celtics. I think I'll run out of bookmark slots.

mogrovejo
05-23-2010, 08:17 AM
I've said during the series that LeBron wasn't choking. LeBron was the best player in this playoffs and played fantastically during most of the Boston series. He had an off game, which was actually an improvement over what he did in '08.

Basketballgirl25
05-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Lebron didn't choke, Celtics are just pretty fuckin good. I wanted Magic to play Cavs, because I thought no chance in hell they will get past the Celtics and I'm looking right.

Ghazi
05-23-2010, 11:59 AM
What moment was there for James to choke anyway. 3 of the 4 losses were in blowout fashion.

Lakers fans who berate the Celtics are dumb. They're looking great against much superior competition than the No D Western Conference. Orlando/Cleveland are better teams than anyone LA has faced, and arguably better than LA. I am not making any predictions, I am just giving my humble points of view.

Ghazi
05-23-2010, 12:08 PM
naw , just the best team in the NBA this year.

Either way, there are no more titles for either of these teams in the immediate future (see avatar for details)

<--------------------------

sefant77
05-23-2010, 01:19 PM
post of the decade right here sons

Let me open a poll when Paul gonna quit on the Hornets.