VS
yB3Mbqx6VHI
At 1:44

lefty
05-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Both are equally great

hitmanyr2k
05-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I gotta go with Doc's move. His had more flair with the long strides, the way he ridiculously palms that ball (off the dribble with one hand) and waves it around like it's nothing :lol

Mike's move is impressive as hell but it just happens too quick to appreciate. You have to slow it down to really appreciate. The biggest kick I got out of that clip was the way New Jersey's bench reacted. They look like a bunch of Jordan fans :lol

Chieflion
05-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Doc was incredible. So was Jordan. Gotta go with Doc by a slight margin. He had nowhere else to go.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
05-23-2010, 12:02 AM
Doc for me.

duhoh
05-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Doc was incredible. So was Jordan. Gotta go with Doc by a slight margin. He had nowhere else to go.

:toast

that was on a younger KAJ too :wow

MateoNeygro
05-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Dr. J for sure.

JamStone
05-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Thank goodness you weren't arguing the #1 Jordan move in that clip.

Gotta be one of the most overrated plays in the history of highlight plays.

D2Procon
05-23-2010, 11:01 AM

Agreed, dont even know why its even on there.

pauls931
05-23-2010, 12:33 PM

I didn't watch any of the clips, but I'm guessing it's a layup vs the lakers when he unecessarily switches hands making an easy shot difficult and making it into a McDonald's commercial... (it better not be a shot over craig ehlo)

m33p0
05-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Dr. J's. it had "showmanship" written all over it. no need to run it on slow mo. and it's "the move" that spawned all other "moves".

he has ridiculously big hands.

LnGrrrR
05-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I didn't watch any of the clips, but I'm guessing it's a layup vs the lakers when he unecessarily switches hands making an easy shot difficult and making it into a McDonald's commercial... (it better not be a shot over craig ehlo)

Called it right the first time.

LnGrrrR
05-23-2010, 01:29 PM
4 is my favorite for shot/layup, and 7 is my fave for dunk.

D2Procon
05-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Called it right the first time.

No thats not the move Im talking about. Look under the video. Im referring to 1:44.

Bob Lanier
05-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Erving. Jordan's was impressive, I'll admit, but you see a shot like that every fourth or fifth game in the NBA; Dwyane Wade has made a career out of hitting shots like that. Erving's is a once-a-season type shot.

hitmanyr2k
05-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Erving. Jordan's was impressive, I'll admit, but you see a shot like that every fourth or fifth game in the NBA; Dwyane Wade has made a career out of hitting shots like that. Erving's is a once-a-season type shot.

The triple-pump reverse? You don't see that everyday. I can't remember the last time I saw one since Jordan did it :lol

HarlemHeat37
05-23-2010, 02:41 PM
In regards to Jordan's "overrated" move in the Finals(everybody seems to think it's overrated), wasn't that his 13th FG in a row or something like that?..

Roddy Beaubois
05-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Jordan's was impressive, I'll admit, but you see a shot like that every fourth or fifth game in the NBA; Dwyane Wade has made a career out of hitting shots like that.

:lol I don't know what NBA you're watching.

kromediablo
05-24-2010, 02:19 AM
cool thread....someone should start a "best move of all time" bracket and see who wins

Booharv
05-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Where I lived we had WGN, and when I wanted to watch basketball it was either that or TBS (The Hawks) so I saw probably a thousand Highlight Michael Jordan moves that were better than most that make these top ten lists. My favorite is one I'll never forget that didn't count. In a game against Utah in 1992 I think, the Bulls were down on the road and Jordan went on a run scoring 21 consecutive points for Chicago, on one play he dribbled from the top of the key and then went around a screen wide becuase some guy had forced him baseline. He took off from near the sideline beneath the basket but about 7-8 feet from the rim, he jumped and his gnads rested on Karl Malone's shoulder while he stretched forward and around the side of the backboard to just barely slam the ball in. His body was parallel to the ground. The ref called the play off because Jordan's foot was on the baseline when he took off.

The point I guess I'm making, is the guy had an endless stream of great highlights and it seems weird that usually every top ten has a few lame ones for some reason.

hitmanyr2k
05-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Where I lived we had WGN, and when I wanted to watch basketball it was either that or TBS (The Hawks) so I saw probably a thousand Highlight Michael Jordan moves that were better than most that make these top ten lists. My favorite is one I'll never forget that didn't count. In a game against Utah in 1992 I think, the Bulls were down on the road and Jordan went on a run scoring 21 consecutive points for Chicago, on one play he dribbled from the top of the key and then went around a screen wide becuase some guy had forced him baseline. He took off from near the sideline beneath the basket but about 7-8 feet from the rim, he jumped and his gnads rested on Karl Malone's shoulder while he stretched forward and around the side of the backboard to just barely slam the ball in. His body was parallel to the ground. The ref called the play off because Jordan's foot was on the baseline when he took off.

The point I guess I'm making, is the guy had an endless stream of great highlights and it seems weird that usually every top ten has a few lame ones for some reason.

I notice NBATV tends to do that a lot in their Top 10 plays for a player. At least 5 clips they show are run of the mill plays that aren't too impressive when there are way more spectacular plays they could have chosen.

LnGrrrR
05-24-2010, 03:27 PM
No thats not the move Im talking about. Look under the video. Im referring to 1:44.

Check the conversation. He was referring back to what Jamstone said, which is that number 1 is the most overrated Jordan shot, which he guessed correctly.