PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard needs Olajuwon not Ewing....

D2Procon
05-23-2010, 10:49 PM
With a body like Dwight Howard, his strength and athleticism, whats he working out with Ewing for. Last time I remember, Ewing was just a really good jump shooting center. He needs to workout with Hakeem IMO

BadOdor
05-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Hakeem doesn't wanna waste his time like that, Tacker.

poop
05-23-2010, 10:57 PM
he needs a new brain

JamStone
05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Hakeem can't help him. Post moves won't help his touch. It's his touch. He can get close. He can get the ball right at the rim. He has horrible touch. He needs to work on the flexibility of his wrist when he shoots. Post moves, pump fakes, all of that won't help if he's still tossing up bricks because of the lack of any touch.

D2Procon
05-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Hakeem can't help him. Post moves won't help his touch. It's his touch. He can get close. He can get the ball right at the rim. He has horrible touch. He needs to work on the flexibility of his wrist when he shoots. Post moves, pump fakes, all of that won't help if he's still tossing up bricks because of the lack of any touch.

Ya but when you see him against Celtics, he backs in on his opponent and just jumps from like 5 feet from the basket and attemps to shoot it with one hand. He needs to work on his foot work like Hakeem and be able to get to the rim and slam that thing home.

duhoh
05-24-2010, 12:06 AM
ORL overpays the < top tier people.

just saying.

MaNu4Tres
05-24-2010, 12:39 AM

This

People expecting Howard to be Duncan or Olajuwon on the block really don't know what the hell they are talking about. Especially the people blaming Howard for the teams offensive flop against the Celtics. Howard wasn't even one of the Magic's top two offensive players all year. Nelson, Carter and Lewis have had more responsibility throughout the year on the offensive end. So if anyone is responsible for the teams offensive failure, it's them. Howard isn't an elite offensive big man by any means, so I don't understand the expectations.

The guy is an elite defender and rebounder. In the Dikembe, Bill Russel mode. He will never be an elite offensive player because of what Jamstone mentioned above, so stop expecting it.

lefty
05-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Howard needs to work on his fundamentals instead of relying on athleticism

And not just on the offensive end.

DPOY my ass

JamStone
05-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Watch Dwight when he shoots a hook shot. He basically uses his entire arm like a catapult instead of first getting great arm extension and then flicking the wrist. I don't understand how his coaches haven't tried to correct this. On his free throws, watch how he shoots. It's more of a forearm push then it is a fluid arm motion with again the flick of the wrist into a goose head. It is one of Dwight Howard's most glaring problems offensively and has seemingly not been addressed at all in his 6 seasons in the NBA.

Post moves could help. Pump fakes and better footwork can help. But I've seen Dwight Howard get in pretty good position and be right at the rim for a 2 foot hook shot and brick it badly. There has to be some shooting expert that can work with him. Look at Shaq who early in his career had similar problems, especially with free throws and not bending his wrist back to get better arc. But Shaq actually has pretty good touch around the rim. We'll see Dwight miss five foot shots by like 2 feet. No joke. It's beyond comprehension.

Booharv
05-24-2010, 01:25 AM

Do you think Shaq would be a great coach for him if he ever retired and they could patch things up? Since they both can't shoot and they both rely on strength and athleticism to score. Shaq had better footwork and a series of spin moves and such that Howard doesn't have. Shaq just always seemed like a polished scorer even at a younger age. I know the perception is that he just knocked guys out the way and dunked but he had some effective moves and never looked as mechanical as Howard does even though they both have similar weaknesses.

peskypesky
05-24-2010, 02:03 AM
the dude is muscle-bound. plain and simple.

musclebound:
Having inelastic, overdeveloped muscles, usually as the result of excessive exercise.
Hindered by or as if by overdeveloped muscles.
Characterized by inflexibility; rigid.

Kai
05-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Howard: "talked to Hakeem Olajuwon, he inspired me"

Indazone
05-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Ewing is a putz...I watched JVG hire Ewing and turn Yao into a carbon copy of him. Same goes for D. Howard. Footwork? Low post moves? hahaha

NewJerSpur
05-25-2010, 12:25 AM
He has the same body frame as Kevin Willis, though he's a bit larger overall. Kevin had decent tough and range on his jumpshots....it'll be cool to see him reach out in that direction this offseason.

BRHornet45
05-25-2010, 12:29 AM
sons Howard is more concerned about being on Last Comic Standing than he is being a legit All Star basketball player.

MateoNeygro
05-25-2010, 11:14 AM
He should team up with Robinson. Maybe Robinson would help him capitalize on his athleticism more than he already does. David was a physical freak and used that to his advantage. Howeve, I think Robinson ran the court much better.

cheguevara
05-25-2010, 11:19 AM
he is just too damn big to have finesse. talk about overworking out

try to post up with 2 pillows tied to your shoulders.

picc84
05-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Patrick Ewing is more useless than Kevin Ollie's legs.