PDA

View Full Version : Should Channing Frye play in Game 4?

tlongII
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Do you think he's "due" to have a good game? Will he relax now that the Suns have a win? My opinion is no, you don't play him. Game 4 is a HUGE game and he does not respond well to pressure. If the Suns were to win the next 2 then you could conceivably play him in Game 6, but he's gonna be bricking tomorrow night.

da_suns_fan
05-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah they should play him. He needs to pull his head out of his ass. He's missing wide open three pointers and not doing anything else.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Play him in the 1st half and see if he responds, but absolutely no 2nd half minutes if he's sucking in the 1st half.

Barbosa is the guy who should just be benched. He's done nothing for the team all season.

JamStone
05-24-2010, 09:28 AM
He needs a Kardashian in Phoenix to give him an Odom homecooking boost.

pauls931
05-24-2010, 09:30 AM
I say yes, but the instant he double pumps or passes an open shot, bench his ass. I don't know if anyone noticed one particular play last night, but towards the end, Nash drove to the middle, Frye was wide open up top, 99% of the time Nash would make the pass, but he dished it to either Barbosa or Dudley for a tougher shot. You know you're sucking when Nash passes up giving you an uncontested shot.

While Barbosa sucks, at least he'll take an open shot. Doesn't mean I won't be celebrating if his ass ever gets traded though...

tlongII
05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Play him in the 1st half and see if he responds, but absolutely no 2nd half minutes if he's sucking in the 1st half.

Barbosa is the guy who should just be benched. He's done nothing for the team all season.

Barbosa looks like a superstar next to Frye.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Barbosa looks like a superstar next to Frye.

Not really. Frye showed up for the San Antonio series, Barbosa didn't. All Barbosa has shown up for so far is the 1st half of the games against Portland. Barbosa also plays some of the dumbest defense I've ever seen, he constantly fouls because he plays like a lobotomized 5 year old with severe A.D.D. and overreacts on every single dribble move or pump fake.

tlongII
05-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Not really. Frye showed up for the San Antonio series, Barbosa didn't. All Barbosa has shown up for so far is the 1st half of the games against Portland. Barbosa also plays some of the dumbest defense I've ever seen, he constantly fouls because he plays like a lobotomized 5 year old with severe A.D.D. and overreacts on every single dribble move or pump fake.

I'm talking about this series. I have no idea where Frye came up with that effort against San Antonio. That was completely out of left field. I realize Frye played well during the regular season, but I've seen him play a lot of games and he almost always chokes under pressure.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm talking about this series. I have no idea where Frye came up with that effort against San Antonio. That was completely out of left field. I realize Frye played well during the regular season, but I've seen him play a lot of games and he almost always chokes under pressure.

I've watched him at U of A so I know all about that, but Barbosa has been worse with pressure his entire career. More or less cost the Suns a championship in 2007 by not showing up for the San Antonio series, and has been a complacent fuckwad since winning the 6th man award not doing shit to try and improve his game.

tlongII
05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
I've watched him at U of A so I know all about that, but Barbosa has been worse with pressure his entire career. More or less cost the Suns a championship in 2007 by not showing up for the San Antonio series, and has been a complacent fuckwad since winning the 6th man award not doing shit to try and improve his game.

At least he won the 6th man award. Frye has never been good enough to do that.

mavsfan1000
05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Frye needs to go at the basket if he they are running at him.

mogrovejo
05-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Yeps, Portland could have used Frye this season. No need to hate on the man if it was the management's decision to let him go.

They should try to find him a couple of lay-ups to get him going. Or just hope he starts hitting the shots and gets out of the slump. I'd definitely give him another try.

Kamnik
05-24-2010, 10:58 AM
As horrible as Frye is right now Suns NEED him if they want to have a chance to achieve anything more than the conference finals. He needs to hit a lucky shot or 2 to boost his confidence; if that doesn't happen Lakers auto-win this series.

Dragič should get all the Barbosa's minutes imo. And not just because I'm a huge Dragič fan... He is simply a better allaround player.

pauls931
05-24-2010, 11:26 AM
What's the story on Barbosa's contract? Can they let him walk or is he tied up for so many years?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2010, 11:28 AM
What's the story on Barbosa's contract? Can they let him walk or is he tied up for so many years?

He has 1 year left and then a player option for the 2011-2012 season which he's undoubtedly going to pick up seeing that it's way more than what he'd get now. Suns need to trade him this off season so they have tons of cap room in 2011 to go after someone. Barbosa's contract is fortunately the last blunder D'antoni made as GM that still haunts this team, the rest of them are pretty much gone.

Giuseppe
05-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Gee, Paul, all loosey & goosey this morning. Finally gettin' his balls back.

Good for you, squirt.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2010, 11:38 AM
If they can somehow give Barbosa and get Gortat I'd be ecstatic. yes, I know Gortat has a bad contract, but he's exactly what the Suns need. I like Lopez as the first big off the bench, the starting front court of Gortat and Amare would be perfect and would make it so Amare could stay away from physical interior defense and could focus more on weakside D.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Why would the Orlando trade Gortat? He is the only backup center they have. And I highly doubt they would trade a 7 footer for a 6 foot 3 shooting guard.

hence why I said "somehow", I wasn't saying it was realistic.

But to answer your question, Orlando could trade Gortat because he's owed a shit ton of money through 2014 and their owner might get tired of a back up center making that much money on a team that can't win a championship.

pauls931
05-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Gortat would be perfect, but it was always my view that Orlando tied him up as insurance to keep him out of other contenders' hands(that worked well) and probably for if Dhow ever walked (again ignorant on the contract). Suns have nothing to give for him. Barbosa's stock has peaked and the suns need to hope for a dead-cat bounce.

Allanon
05-24-2010, 04:25 PM
The better question is "Should the Lakers play Channing Frye?".

lefty
05-24-2010, 05:34 PM
They shouldn't play him

Frye is turning into 2010 Matt Bonner

What else does he bring if he can't hit his shots, espacially with the Lakers doing a much better job than the Spurs in defending OHX 3pt shooters

Bench Frye, and let Amare take it to the hole