PDA

View Full Version : How did Frye do that to you?

tlongII
05-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Have you seen his playoff stats?

vs LAL .050 FG% .071 3PT% 1.3 PPG

vs Port .370 FG% .267 3PT% 8.2 PPG

vs SAS .444 FG% .545 3PT% 9.5 PPG

Boggles the mind... :wow

NFGIII
05-24-2010, 10:17 AM
He got hot and now hes's not. Anyway LA has the best 3pt D in the league IIRC. What was disturbing was in the first two games in LA he had some open looks that he missed. Against SA those went down. One of the announcers (can't remember who - I think Doug Collins but not sure) said that LA does imtimidate other teams which causes players to miss shots that they would otherwise make. I remember SA having the same effect on teams in the past. I just don't get that feeling anymore.:depressed

K-State Spur
05-24-2010, 10:17 AM
some poor defense, but also a lot of luck (that offense gave him wide open shots all year and didn't hit that percentage).

the bigger problem was that he was able to defend duncan without getting completely embarrassed. the spurs could have weathered his hot shooting (and possibly even sent him to the bench) if Duncan was making them pay for putting Frye on him at the other end. Duncan played alright in that series, but there was a time not long ago when he would have torched the Suns for 30+/15+ with a ton of assists for guarding him with a combo of Frye/Collins/Stoudemire/Amundsen.

urunobili
05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
fluke shots just like dudley's and tragic's...

SpurCharger
05-24-2010, 10:28 AM
We dont Have The Right Guy To Guard A Frye..... We Need A Perimeter Big.... We do Not Have one....(Bonner Dont Count) He is Terrible.....

hater
05-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Bonner blows. get rid of him already

TIMMYD!
05-24-2010, 10:47 AM
He got hot and now hes's not. Anyway LA has the best 3pt D in the league IIRC. What was disturbing was in the first two games in LA he had some open looks that he missed. Against SA those went down. One of the announcers (can't remember who - I think Doug Collins but not sure) said that LA does imtimidate other teams which causes players to miss shots that they would otherwise make. I remember SA having the same effect on teams in the past. I just don't get that feeling anymore.:depressed

This. We used to be able to scare teams into bad shots most of the time even if we were having a bad game but it's gradually just disappeared over the past 3 years.

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2010, 10:48 AM
4>0

wildbill2u
05-24-2010, 11:14 AM
He had a couple of good games against Portland & was on a roll in our series. You could put him out there without anyone guarding him in any game and he would not hit .545

Nobody would.

rayray2k8
05-24-2010, 11:19 AM
They made all their shots in the spurs series. Now they're missing all their shots.. Blows my mind. Now I know how Mav fans feel. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-24-2010, 11:58 AM
fluke shots just like dudley's and tragic's...

Frye shot 43.9% from beyond the arc this season, while Dudley shot 45.9% from long range. To call their shots fluke shots is even more moronic than the usual garbage South American Manufan has to offer.

easy7
05-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Shit happens...

Amarelooms
05-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Same lucky bs shots that Hill hit against the Mavs....then he bricked it up the next round. Frye doing the same...nothing to see here. All scrub players like Hill and Frye will come back down to Earth eventually

:elephant

Blackjack
05-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Two words . . .

http://www.yardbarker.com/media/c/9/c968e935568c667128ecae592d41534b73b42819/xl/frye.jpg

http://www.nakofan64.net/images/SeanElliottMDM.jpg

Daddy issues. :downspin:

Spursfanfromafar
05-24-2010, 12:48 PM
"Instant Karma"

SourCandy
05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Luck?

DesignatedT
05-24-2010, 01:33 PM
:bang

hater
05-24-2010, 01:52 PM
he shot some shots and they happened to go in

sananspursfan21
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
channing frye didn't do that to me, he did it to the spurs

BadOdor
05-24-2010, 02:45 PM
If I saw a fat ginger with fat t-rex arms waddling around the court, I'd probably start hitting 50% from 3 point land myself.

cantthinkofanything
05-24-2010, 02:47 PM
This will sound like some pretentious BS but statistically, players will get on hot streaks that are anomolies when compared to their career stats. The chances are that someone who has never come up big before will eventually come up big. Just like Mason last year.

NFGIII
05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
This will sound like some pretentious BS but statistically, players will get on hot streaks that are anomolies when compared to their career stats. The chances are that someone who has never come up big before will eventually come up big. Just like Mason last year.

Does that mean the Spurs should hold o to Boner since he never has?

Is it his time now? :rollin

HarlemHeat37
05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
This was extremely predictable..myself and a few others predicted this BEFORE the series vs. the Spurs happened..

Frye is a massive choker..he has no balls..a large amount of Spur fans here actually had the balls to say they wanted him on our team..he sucked in the playoffs last year with Portland and he struggled for the most part in the 1st round series vs. Portland this year..

Not only do the Spurs not have any bigs to go out and guard him, but they also left him open for a lot of shots..Frye also had a lot of confidence against this team due to killing the Spurs during the regular season..

The Lakers are giving him less open shots, but they're also a much more intimidating team than the Spurs at this point..the best teams in the NBA do that to soft players, especially elite defensive teams like the Lakers, Celtics and the prime Spurs..

Frye has no balls..even when he's open, he's scared to shoot at this point..this is what the intimidating teams do..the prime Spurs used to FEAST on soft players..this was easily predictable..

crc21209
05-24-2010, 03:46 PM
this was extremely predictable..myself and a few others predicted this before the series vs. The spurs happened..

Frye is a massive choker..he has no balls..a large amount of spur fans here actually had the balls to say they wanted him on our team..he sucked in the playoffs last year with portland and he struggled for the most part in the 1st round series vs. Portland this year..

Not only do the spurs not have any bigs to go out and guard him, but they also left him open for a lot of shots..frye also had a lot of confidence against this team due to killing the spurs during the regular season..

The lakers are giving him less open shots, but they're also a much more intimidating team than the spurs at this point..the best teams in the nba do that to soft players, especially elite defensive teams like the lakers, celtics and the prime spurs..

Frye has no balls..even when he's open, he's scared to shoot at this point..this is what the intimidating teams do..the prime spurs used to feast on soft players..this was easily predictable..

+1000000000000000

Blackjack
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
That, and daddy issues. :hat

eisfeld
05-24-2010, 04:28 PM
How many Spurs games did you watch?
It's not the stars killing the Spurs team, it's scrubs like Frye or Barea.

m33p0
05-24-2010, 04:31 PM
he shot some shots.

tlongII
05-24-2010, 05:11 PM
he shot some shots and they happened to go in

Yes, but were they bullshit shots?

Obstructed_View
05-24-2010, 05:43 PM
No interior defense means shooters ultimately get left open. Not that hard to figure out.

easy7
05-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Yes, but were they bullshit shots?

So now bullshit shots don't count? :lmao

pjjrfan
05-24-2010, 06:11 PM
some poor defense, but also a lot of luck (that offense gave him wide open shots all year and didn't hit that percentage).

the bigger problem was that he was able to defend duncan without getting completely embarrassed. the spurs could have weathered his hot shooting (and possibly even sent him to the bench) if Duncan was making them pay for putting Frye on him at the other end. Duncan played alright in that series, but there was a time not long ago when he would have torched the Suns for 30+/15+ with a ton of assists for guarding him with a combo of Frye/Collins/Stoudemire/Amundsen.

That's it right there, Gasol and Bynum are using him like a rag then in game 1 Odom was in his grill the whole night since then he has basically taken care of himself, he lost all his confidence and is throwing up bricks in a desparate attempt just to make one shot.

Big P
05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
It boggles your mind that he played more minutes vs. the Spurs than he has vs. la?

Mal
05-24-2010, 08:12 PM

There is something it that. List is long

Dragic, Frye, Barea, Beubois, Bayless, Ukic.... all scrubs, all killed Spurs.

LOL@MavsFan
05-24-2010, 09:26 PM
The new Josh Howard or is that the Haitian Beaubois

GO SPURS GO!

greyforest
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
damn u frye!
http://www.elmundoentertainment.com/Sean%20Elliot%20hs.jpg

Baseline
05-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Ask Gregg Popovich how it happened. I'd still like to know.

There's now way we should have lost to that soft bunch of gunners.

kaji157
05-25-2010, 09:47 PM
They are a 3pt happy team, yes, they shot some open shots, but Frye shots are always open, as Dudley and they shoot 45% at best. The coach knew that al the games were pretty close and in all games they needed the scrubs to outplay our scrubs, so he gave them the green light to shoot any shot.
Both Dudley and Frye took a lot of bad shots that in a 45% shooter always mean they will go down to 30% or maybe less. Yet, they were lucky, those went in, and when their confidence is high they shoot even better the open ones making the stat magnificent.

The most representing might be those hand in face dudley 3s and almost averyone of Dragit 3īs, were not good shots, yet he was 5 of 5 from 3. Shit happens. I never thought they were going to scare LA because even when you have confidence, luck is just with you for a while, and when that off night finally happens, then is just the real player left out there.

silverblackfan
05-26-2010, 07:53 AM
The Phoenix bench that showed up during the Spurs series showed up at home these last two games. Fry is confident again and might even have some shots on the road. Kind of nice to see. I wanted to see how the mighty Lakers would handle the same team we saw. Turns out, not so well...

dbestpro
05-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Ask LA.

cheguevara
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
damn now Frye using LA like a tube sock

mytespurs
05-26-2010, 09:25 PM
The Phoenix bench that showed up during the Spurs series showed up at home these last two games. Fry is confident again and might even have some shots on the road. Kind of nice to see. I wanted to see how the mighty Lakers would handle the same team we saw. Turns out, not so well...

They've handled Phoenix better than our spurs...at least at home.

spursfan1000
05-26-2010, 10:07 PM

It's both...