PDA

View Full Version : If Magic lose by 20+ tonight, is Van Gundy gone?

BUMP
05-24-2010, 10:42 AM
I think he is. Normally I wouldn't fire a guy who got a team to the Finals and then the conference finals in b2b years and part of me is biased because I personally don't like the guy, but if they put up a putrid heartless performance tonight there's no way they can justify him coming back. They were dominating the playoffs and just completely fell apart this series.

There's no way a team with this much talent should be getting clowned like this. Van Gundy seems like one of those high school coaches who are just full of themselves. You can see it in the interviews, the way he reacts on the sidelines, and the way he yells at his players. I just don't like that

DDS4
05-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Ask Mike Brown.

Giuseppe
05-24-2010, 10:52 AM
What talent? They've no talent thats been confirmed under fire. Lewis has always been an abject failure. Howard has newspaper clippings up the ying/yang and nothing else. Nelson's biggest claim to fame is he was hurt last Finals and that's the reason why they lost. Carter? Please.

Frankly, they're bums.

ducks
05-24-2010, 10:57 AM
mike brown and him might switch places

tlongII
05-24-2010, 12:47 PM
What talent? They've no talent thats been confirmed under fire. Lewis has always been an abject failure. Howard has newspaper clippings up the ying/yang and nothing else. Nelson's biggest claim to fame is he was hurt last Finals and that's the reason why they lost. Carter? Please.

Frankly, they're bums.

I don't know Cubby. They were pretty good the last couple months of the season. You're probably right though in that they're just a bunch of talented chokers. Kinda like Channing Frye only with talent.

BUMP
05-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Choking and not performing under the playoff pressure is one thing.

Rolling over and just dying is another.

easy7
05-24-2010, 12:53 PM
What do you mean if? :lmao

da_suns_fan
05-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Frankly, they're bums.

I pretty much agree. I wouldnt call those three "bums" but theyre not gonna lead a team to a championship.

Vince Carter choked away any chance the Magic had as well.

The Celtics have veteran savvy and a clear pecking order down the stretch. Allen and Pierce are taking the big shots.

Orlando is a 50-something win team. NOthing more. Expecting Van Gundy to work miracles is stupid.

ducks
05-24-2010, 01:19 PM
van gundy system does not work
all they do is shot threes
if they have no open looks they suck
and nelson IS SO OVERRATED