PDA

View Full Version : The Lakers and Celtics have more work left than they think

tlongII
05-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I was very glad to see Orlando stand up to Boston and take that game yesterday. They have just been too good during the last couple months of the season to roll over. They will be very dangerous now since they're going back to Orlando for game 5. Similarly I think the Suns are waking up and realizing they can play with the Lakers. Phoenix and Orlando have been playing as well as any team in the league during the last month or so of the regular season and the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. I think it's naive to believe they will go down easily. I'm looking for both conference finals to be extended to at least 6 games.

tlongII
05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I also believe it's possible for an upset in either of the conference finals.

Killakobe81
05-25-2010, 11:56 AM
I also believe it's possible for an upset in either of the conference finals.

First of all if Magic win that is not an upset ...they have HCA ...

Suns are NOTwinning ...tonight (if they can get it) is their last win for 2010 ...

SourCandy
05-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Suns can be very streaky I think. Like they were with the spurs. If they get hot...shit! Could be trouble for the Lakeshow to be honest. I think orlando should be leading the series but I dunno what happen. Boston looks like they playing some one of lower caliber,but their not. Wake up orlando...your better. Oh well 3 down...such a shame.

Giuseppe
05-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Nobody has come back from 3-0 for a reason.

---

Just thank goodness Amare quit in 1/2.

tlongII
05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Nobody has come back from 3-0 for a reason.

---

Just thank goodness Amare quit in 1/2.

It's bound to happen eventually. Why not now? The Bruins blew a 3-0 lead against the Flyers so you know the folks in Beantown are gripping right now.

tlongII
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I also think the Lakers could be in trouble if Bynum is hobbled. No matter how much you guys criticize him it's clear you need him.

DesignatedT
05-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Phoenix wins tonight. book it.

Killakobe81
05-25-2010, 03:13 PM

More games?

No issues with that ...as long as we hold LOB at the end ... it could be back2back 7 game series for all I care ...

lefty
05-25-2010, 03:16 PM
It's actually beavable

BUMP
05-25-2010, 03:20 PM
No way the Boston-Orlando series goes past 6. I think Orlando played their best that game and they still needed a few lucky breaks, but Boston is still clearly the better team. I expect Boston to win game 5 but if not they will be ready for game 6 and most likely will curbstomp them.

As for Phx/LA, i think its a series. Phx's smallball will always give them a chance, especially since Bynum has done nothing this series.

silverblk mystix
05-25-2010, 03:30 PM
I think Orlando is done...they really TRIED to give Boston that game last night and almost did...
Orlando might win game 5---if Carter and Lewis sit on the bench in the 2nd half---but dumbass coach will probably fuck that one up---enough to go fishing...

Phoenix HAS to win tonight to make it a series----BUT ---Stern will not allow it...

because if the suns win tonight---then it is a series---BECAUSE---every game is every other day---and we saw how that went for the lakers during the OKC series---

as soon as the going got tough---then the lakers got 3 days rest and they were able to squeak by----

so if the suns win tonight---then it is a game every other day and they would have a chance

but watch the refs tonight---kobe will have a free throw fest

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Fuck small ball :lol, that's not what's giving them a chance. The only reason they beat LA on Sunday is because they have a real center and a real power forward who out played Bynum, Gasol and Odom. The D'antoni scrubs on this team (Frye, Barbosa, Grant Hill) have done nothing in this series, if they were still small ball oriented LA would be up 3-0 right now and would sweep tonight.

Giuseppe
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM

I'm afraid so.

Then we're faced with all the pressure to the bitter end. Just have to hope the home cookin' refs/Stern remains in place. We'll need that now till the end.

>>>the video clip of Van Gundy repudiating Howard at the end of Game 3 along the bench was sterling. VG had warned him repeatedly and at length about fucking the dog,,,,ipso facto: "Don't come cryin' to me now like some little boy in kindergarten. Search yer own f'in soul."

Roddy Beaubois
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
PHO bench still needs to play better for them to win another game. Don't think they are gonna get 60+ points from Lopez/Amare again

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 03:47 PM
PHO bench still needs to play better for them to win another game. Don't think they are gonna get 60+ points from Lopez/Amare again

Dudley and Dragic need to make it happen tonight, I agree. Gentry needs to just bench Barbosa and Frye if they get off to slow starts.

TampaDude
05-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Referee assignments for tonight's game...

L.A. Lakers @ Phoenix: Dan Crawford, James Capers, Ken Mauer

Thoughts???

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Dan Crawford is good for the Suns, he and Gentry always have their, "O hi, it's a fellow Oreo" bonding sessions whenever he refs a Suns game.

TampaDude
05-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Dan Crawford is good for the Suns, he and Gentry always have their, "O hi, it's a fellow Oreo" bonding sessions whenever he refs a Suns game.

:lol

Roddy Beaubois
05-25-2010, 04:24 PM
:lmao at the headline on ESPN.com right now

"Suns Just Wanna Have Fun"

SourCandy
05-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Looks like they did that. Fookers

in2deep
05-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Magic are done.

Suns lakers will go 7 games with Stern and the refs deciding who wins.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 02:26 PM

This helped the Suns a lot last night :lol, D-Craw did a great job. Please make sure he refs another game in this series Mr. Stern!