PDA

View Full Version : What's the ideal off season you want for your team?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 06:38 PM
We've been talking about the off season for a long time because of lebron, but this is just a general thread about what you want your team's off season to be like, semi-realistic at least.

For Phoenix I want them to stay with the transition phase, not to make any short sited moves, and set themselves up for a possible free agency splash in 2011 or 2012 since they aren't getting any free agents this year. Hypothetical scenario

Resign Amare to whatever it takes
Hill probably picks up his player option
Frye gets greedy and opts for free agency, let him leave
Don't match the long term offer some idiot GM gives Lou
after VladRad picks up his player option for next season, trade Barbosa for his expiring contract (Don Nelson loves scrubs like Barbosa, this trade is done only cause Barbosa has a player option in 2011 that might kill PHX's chance at a free agent)
buy VladRad out of his last year
sign Rodney Carney to a 1 year 2 million deal with a team option for 2011
sign Kurt Thomas to a 1 year 3 million deal with a team option for 2011
draft Alexey Shved in the 2nd round
resign Collins for the vet min

Lopez / Thomas / Collins
Amare / Clark / Griffin
Hill / Dudley / Clark
J-Rich / Carney / Shved
Nash / Dragic / Shved

2011 or 2012 is when the Suns make a big splash, not right now. This team wouldn't win any championships, but it would play better defense than this years' team, still win 50+ games and probably make the 2nd round, and there'd be tons of cap flexibility down the road.

djohn2oo8
05-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Make Yao unbreakable :(

Roddy Beaubois
05-25-2010, 06:42 PM
As long as we're talking ideal.....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs633.snc3/31776_1445184498688_1505419439_1129297_5940385_n.j pg

monosylab1k
05-25-2010, 06:44 PM
we staaaaaaaaaaaaaacked
<--------------------

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Not trying to be a dick, but limit the Lebron talk in this thread. If your team has a shot at getting Lebron then obviously that's worth mentioning, but talk about other shit as well.

Roddy Beaubois
05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
+1 we have enough threads to recognize Lebron to dallas but.........

If your team has a shot at getting Lebron then obviously that's worth mentioning,[/B] but talk about other shit as well.

Does that now include Dallas IYHO?

Roddy Beaubois
05-25-2010, 06:51 PM
If Chicago manages to steal Lebron from our hands, we look into Joe Johnson and Evan Turner obviously. The main is to get something with the Dust chip and move from there. We need a reliable second option for Dirk or this year will end up just like every year.
Since a new coach doesn't seem to be happening (unless we lure one in with Lebron) Carlisle needs to recognize his boy toy needs to be getting DNP most games and Roddy minutes need to be > Jason Terrys minutes. I have a feeling JET is gonna be next years JJ.

baseline bum
05-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Jefferson for LeBron.

The Gemini Method
05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
#1--I would try and address the PG situation and see if Derek Fisher would take a back-up role or, if there isn't any fantasy deals coming our way, find a more consistent 2nd PG to back up Fisher or vice-versa.

#2--Pay Phil Jackson an amount that would keep him in L.A. for the forseeable future. Give him at least $8-$10 Mil or the $12 mil he is making now to keep him

#3--Decide whether or not to move Bynum or to hope he stays healty...or, get him to the doctors of other noted knee injury sufferers and get him to stay healthy (not sure if that's ideal or more pipedream)

#4--Get better Laker girls...

That's all I can think of right now...

xellos88330
05-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Hmmm... Spurs in the off season. Build a time machine and bring prime Duncan back.

BUMP
05-25-2010, 07:12 PM
:lol Once I saw DoK start this thread I knew he had the potential of opening the floodgates with Mavfans and their LeBron talk.

But if I was the Mavs and I didn't have a realistic chance at LeBron, I would go after that Philly deal with the #2 pick and Brand for Dampier/Terry/or Barea.

If they want Butler or Beaubois then forget about it. Honestly I wouldn't want Dallas to make any major changes, and I honestly wouldn't mind making another run with the same lineup. (Except trading Damp for something). I really liked our roster at the end of the season I just think we need some more time to gel. The one exception is PLEASE Carlisle play Beaubois more. Its pointless to hold on to him if your not gonna play him at all

IronMexican
05-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Nothing, really. Maybe adding a nice piece for MLE.

LnGrrrR
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
For Boston to polish a championship trophy.

Barring that, I wouldn't mind the Celtics keeping their top eight together. Once this core fades, we'll only have Big Baby, Perk, and Rondo, so it will be a whole new Celtics team. I kinda like this one.

Giuseppe
05-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Not permit the Suns to scratch.

P.S., I hope I don't need the Celtics for this, but, I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

tee, hee.

Ghazi
05-25-2010, 07:23 PM
<-----------

Giuseppe
05-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Not to be cast upon the tree of woe by the Celtics, but, grateful at the same time the Suns didn't cast us up there.

I God's, my pussy is showing. I hope Luva doesn't see it. He'll either get real mad, or, real horny.

Ghazi
05-25-2010, 07:27 PM
In addition to LeBron

I fancy the idea of using the MLE on Mike Miller

Resigning Haywood is a must, probably.

This team will be so stacked that we can probably get veterans for cheap... Raja Bell? Kurt Thomas? Shaq?

we sta sta staaaaaaaacked.

mojorizen7
05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Not to be cast upon the tree of woe by the Celtics, but, grateful at the same time the Suns didn't cast us up there.

I God's, my pussy is showing. I hope Luva doesn't see it. He'll either get real mad, or, real horny.

When the SUNS win a title you'll be out of a job. What then? :hat

Nice Conan reference.

Giuseppe
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
When the SUNS win a title you'll be out of a job. What then? :hat

Nice Conan reference.

I don't know, I've been doin' this since '86. Sometimes I wonder what it will actually feel like, and sometimes I honestly think about you fellows and your sufferings, and how you'd respond to ringage, the tears, the cathartic resonance would be enormous. {Deserving} does not exist in ringage. Has no place, it'd be like justice and justice has no place, but, you fellows would be "right." And right is pure.

BlackSwordsMan
05-25-2010, 07:46 PM
get dirk and drop richard jefferson,bonner,mason,mc dyess

Giuseppe
05-25-2010, 07:47 PM
get dirk and drop richard jefferson,bonner,mason,mc dyess

Uh, Swords, clean out the whooley boogers under the bed, Cubby is comin' a knockin'. And I'm as nervous as a sissy at Boy's Town.

LnGrrrR
05-25-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't know, I've been doin' this since '86. Sometimes I wonder what it will actually feel like, and sometimes I honestly think about you fellows and your sufferings, and how you'd respond to ringage, the tears, the cathartic resonance would be enormous. {Deserving} does not exist in ringage. Has no place, it'd be like justice and justice has no place, but, you fellows would be "right." And right is pure.

Nash certainly fits the "White Knight" image, assuming he doesn't speak. I don't know many knights with Candian accents.

Smooth Criminal
05-25-2010, 07:50 PM
That awesome sign and trade Bosh for Bynum. It's a pipe dream but Bosh wants to come...

BlackSwordsMan
05-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Uh, Swords, clean out the whooley boogers under the bed, Cubby is comin' a knockin'. And I'm as nervous as a sissy at Boy's Town.

I got frozen burritos in the microwave, I'll be waiting.
tee, hee

mingus
05-25-2010, 08:09 PM
3-point shooters, Splitter, and a solid perimiter defender would put the Spurs right back on top imo.

me15lo
05-25-2010, 08:11 PM
:lol Once I saw DoK start this thread I knew he had the potential of opening the floodgates with Mavfans and their LeBron talk.

But if I was the Mavs and I didn't have a realistic chance at LeBron, I would go after that Philly deal with the #2 pick and Brand for Dampier/Terry/or Barea.

If they want Butler or Beaubois then forget about it. Honestly I wouldn't want Dallas to make any major changes, and I honestly wouldn't mind making another run with the same lineup. (Except trading Damp for something). I really liked our roster at the end of the season I just think we need some more time to gel. The one exception is PLEASE Carlisle play Beaubois more. Its pointless to hold on to him if your not gonna play him at all

hi. why arent you wearing a lebron avatar/sig?

Venti Quattro
05-25-2010, 09:08 PM
get a real fucking point guard

bye farmar

Killakobe81
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM
get a real fucking point guard

bye farmar

A young defensive minded PG that can hit open shots ...

Retain Phil

Healthy Bynum or Traded Bynum ...

DPG21920
05-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Get Splitter. Make a trade with RJ's contract to bring in a legit play maker of sorts (Iggy?). Sign a few solid vets.

Basketballgirl25
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
ideal off season for the Nets, for them to get a coach. After that it can all fall into place whatever way it wants and it will be better, although this year was better then that 2007 year. I wasn't depressed all the time this year like in 2007 hahaha

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Since almost everyone is in off season mode and this thread was bumped off the first page, I figured I'd bump it since there are enough threads about Lebron and the finals.

Ghazi
06-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Isn't $3,000,000 for K. Thomas kinda steep.altho he is det nigga

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2010, 06:00 PM
They owe him after treating him like scum when he was the only reason the 2007 Spurs series was remotely close. And no, after the way KT played last year, I think a 1 year, 3,000,000 deal is very reasonable for him as a backup C.

21_Blessings
06-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Nothing, really. Maybe adding a nice piece for MLE.

Felton for the MLE :hat

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2010, 06:25 PM
a GREAT fit for LA might be Travis Outlaw (pretty sure he's a free agent) as Ron Ron's backup. He'd fit in well as a slasher in LA's offense, has the athleticism Artest doesn't have, and he could play with LA's up tempo 2nd unit.

mojorizen7
06-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd like to find a way to trade Shaq to NY just to get D'Antoni nervous.

Smooth Criminal
06-05-2010, 07:21 PM
-Sign PJ
-S&T Bynum for Bosh
-Stare at LOB for the rest of summer

Smooth Criminal
06-05-2010, 07:23 PM
a GREAT fit for LA might be Travis Outlaw (pretty sure he's a free agent) as Ron Ron's backup. He'd fit in well as a slasher in LA's offense, has the athleticism Artest doesn't have, and he could play with LA's up tempo 2nd unit.
:chestbump:drool::hungry:

BadOdor
06-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Find a replacement for fisher, tell shannon/farmar to fuck off.

j.dizzle
06-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Pick up a player like JJ Reddick or Anthony Morrow..A deadly three point shooter coming off the bench & it wouldnt even be fair. Sasha used to always hit threes, now I'm surprised when he makes one lmao. Shannon is just not smart & Farmar likes playing 1 on 5, plus both of them dont know how to throw a pass into the post. Hopefully they continue to contribute during the finals & tell them to peace out after.