PDA

View Full Version : I dont know about you.....

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 10:46 PM
but im going to the park with the homies, fucking play zone and piss some nigga's off. :lol

BoricuaCJA
05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
ha ha ha! That would be funny. I'm actually going to the courts tomorrow and I think I'm actually gonna do that. lol

DesignatedT
05-25-2010, 10:55 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/skz77l.gif

ezau
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
You mean you guys don't play zone D during pickup games?

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:13 PM
ha ha ha! That would be funny. I'm actually going to the courts tomorrow and I think I'm actually gonna do that. lol

lol..i played zone with my homies when i was younger when we played in a league. So when we play at the park, if I happen to have my buddies with me, we play zone to practice and fucking all the black guys be getting pissed. lol.

"why you gotta zone on me fo" lol

It is pretty lame to play zone at the park though. haha

ezau
05-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Most of my friends have been exposed to the zone when we were younger. As a result, most of us got better shooting from the outside, but never really improved our dribbling ability lol.

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Most of my friends have been exposed to the zone when we were younger. As a result, most of us got better shooting from the outside, but never really improved our dribbling ability lol.

zone at the park?! common in SA?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 11:19 PM
zone at the park?! common in SA?

Usually in pick up games the fat people want to play zone because man defense involves chasing another person around the court and getting your heart rate up, so my guess is zone defense is very popular in San Antonio.

Rogue
05-25-2010, 11:20 PM
lol..i played zone with my homies when i was younger when we played in a league. So when we play at the park, if I happen to have my buddies with me, we play zone to practice and fucking all the black guys be getting pissed. lol.

"why you gotta zone on me fo" lol

It is pretty lame to play zone at the park though. haha

u'd better be more cautious next time you play with homies there because LAPD are generally pretty harsh on expatriates. LAPD all instinctively hate immigrants, I mean.

monosylab1k
05-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Usually in pick up games the fat people want to play zone because man defense involves chasing another person around the court and getting your heart rate up, so my guess is zone defense is very popular in San Antonio.

:lmao I was baffled as to why ppl in SA would bother playing zone, but this makes a ton of sense.

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:21 PM

then IN n OUt is gonna make things even worse.

reddog 99
05-25-2010, 11:22 PM
i guess the zone is fu$$in with the zen master....bator :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
tbh zone never works in pick up because people have no idea how to play it and if a zone is gonna be successful the 5 players have to have great chemistry and communication, 5 random guys on the same team can't play zone together.

monosylab1k
Considering how easy it is for ppl to hit high school 3's, I can't imagine a zone ever working in a pickup game.

Rogue
05-25-2010, 11:23 PM
:lmao I was baffled as to why ppl in SA would bother playing zone, but this makes a ton of sense.

LOL James #6. Wake yourself the fuck up from your korean dream, brah, James ain't coming to big D anyway.

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:24 PM
tbh zone never works in pick up because people have no idea how to play it and if a zone is gonna be successful the 5 players have to have great chemistry and communication, 5 random guys on the same team can't play zone together.

yah thats why the only times we played it was when we practiced for the league. We'd play pick up games and play zone to practice communication and the opposing team would get pissed off. Definately too hard if one guy doesnt know how to play it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 11:25 PM
And I was kinda serious with the fat comment. There are a few guys I know who always whine about playing man D and want to play zone, because in their mind zone is standing in a little area on the court and letting the offensive player fly by him because in his mind once the player is out of his zone he's done his job on defense.

ezau
05-25-2010, 11:26 PM

Well we always use the 2-3 zone, but since we're just a bunch of kids just wanting to play ball, it isn't perfect.

ezau
05-25-2010, 11:29 PM
And I was kinda serious with the fat comment. There are a few guys I know who always whine about playing man D and want to play zone, because in their mind zone is standing in a little area on the court and letting the offensive player fly by him because in his mind once the player is out of his zone he's done his job on defense.

The thing is, not everyone is a good one-on-one defensive player, so playing the zone makes sense.

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:29 PM
lol..yah generally zones are weak. Just put a guy moving back and forth at the baseline and another guy going back and forth at the free throw line... Its funny seeing the center looking confused on who to guard. lol

monosylab1k
05-25-2010, 11:34 PM
The thing is, not everyone is a good one-on-one defensive player, so playing the zone makes sense.

Unless your team is severely outmatched athletically I don't see how a zone could ever work well. Usually if you have a guy who sucks on D, you just put him on their worst player - problem solved.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Tbh pick up game defense is 95% smarts and hustle. If you have an athleticism disadvantage, do stuff like hand check and force the dude you're guarding to shoot J's. Usually when someone sucks at man defense, it's because they're stupid or lazy, or both.

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
man..i miss playing ball...stupid torn tendon.

monosylab1k
05-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Tbh pick up game defense is 95% smarts and hustle. If you have an athleticism disadvantage, do stuff like hand check and force the dude you're guarding to shoot J's. Usually when someone sucks at man defense, it's because they're stupid or lazy, or both.

:tu and most guys don't like calling fouls all the time so you can always play them pretty physical and they won't call it unless you hack them.

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:51 PM
:tu and most guys don't like calling fouls all the time so you can always play them pretty physical and they won't call it unless you hack them.

dude..i hate those fuckers that always hack in purpose. I'm all good for physical play, but when they start blatently do it every time down, that shit gets frustrating.

Then when you tell them to relax with the fouls, they go "just call it, just call it" like a fucking smart-ass.

kromediablo
05-25-2010, 11:53 PM
just think...jordan would not have won all those championships if the zone defense was instituted back in the 90s ay!!

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:54 PM
just think...jordan would not have won all those championships if the zone defense was instituted back in the 90s ay!!

Bazinga!

monosylab1k
05-25-2010, 11:54 PM
dude..i hate those fuckers that always hack in purpose. I'm all good for physical play, but when they start blatently do it every time down, that shit gets frustrating.

Then when you tell them to relax with the fouls, they go "just call it, just call it" like a fucking smart-ass.

Constant intentional hacking is lame, but what I hate is when you're playing a guy tough all game long and he doesn't call any fouls, then you get legitimately hacked and call it, and suddenly that guy is whining "Man I've been getting fucking fouled all game long and didn't call any of them!" as if it's my fault he won't call his fouls.

TheMACHINE
05-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Constant intentional hacking is lame, but what I hate is when you're playing a guy tough all game long and he doesn't call any fouls, then you get legitimately hacked and call it, and suddenly that guy is whining "Man I've been getting fucking fouled all game long and didn't call any of them!"

lol...happens all the time.

Or how bout those games where noone is calling fouls...score is 10-10...all of a sudden everything is a foul.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 12:03 AM
The people on the other team usually piss me off less than annoying teammates. Chuckers are annoying, but it reaches a new level when they start yelling at their teammates for not being able to offensive rebound their misses. On defense, the chucker generally makes no effort to stop his guy from getting in the lane and then says, "C'mon yall where's the help on that play".

TheMACHINE
05-26-2010, 12:07 AM
you guys ever play with the:

"im not calling a foul but everytime i drive in, im going to act like i got fouled and whine about it quietly, but still wont call a foul to prove a point" guy?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 12:09 AM
:lmao yeah, they're always great. I'm also a big fan of "If they leave open I've gotta keep shooting" like it's a 48 minute regulation NBA game. The person who says that is usually left open for a reason.

mojorizen7
05-26-2010, 12:10 AM
man..i miss playing ball...stupid torn tendon.

Me too.....plantar fascitus and being 40.

TheMACHINE
05-26-2010, 12:10 AM
haha usually some old fat guy.

TheMACHINE
05-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Me too.....plantar fascitus and being 40.

im 29 =( but have a tear, but still can run, jump and play ball, but dont want to do the surgery quite yet. lol...but it get a little uncomfortable as of late.

So im chilling on the b-ball and doing other less impact activities.

ezau
05-26-2010, 12:34 AM

I also hate guys who go on auto-foul mode each time they drive to the basket. You'd rather not play D because you know they're going to call a foul even if there wasn't any.

ezau
05-26-2010, 12:34 AM

What?

ezau
05-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Constant intentional hacking is lame, but what I hate is when you're playing a guy tough all game long and he doesn't call any fouls, then you get legitimately hacked and call it, and suddenly that guy is whining "Man I've been getting fucking fouled all game long and didn't call any of them!" as if it's my fault he won't call his fouls.

:lol

ezau
05-26-2010, 12:39 AM
The people on the other team usually piss me off less than annoying teammates. Chuckers are annoying, but it reaches a new level when they start yelling at their teammates for not being able to offensive rebound their misses. On defense, the chucker generally makes no effort to stop his guy from getting in the lane and then says, "C'mon yall where's the help on that play".

God, I hate chuckers

BUMP
05-26-2010, 12:44 AM
There's a lot of Tech football players that play at the rec. Most of them are chuckers :lol but some of them are real legit

MambaJuice2408
05-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Gotta love the guy who says "AND 1" after every drive to the basket whether or not he makes it or misses OR if he was fouled or not.

TheMACHINE
05-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Gotta love the guy who says "AND 1" after every drive to the basket whether or not he makes it or misses OR if he was fouled or not.

man that reminded me of this one time....i fouled a guy when he was trying to crossover...he was like "And 1"...i was like "dude, you didnt even shoot the ball"....he was like "i meant 'foul'"...lol idiot.

LnGrrrR
05-26-2010, 02:36 AM
man that reminded me of this one time....i fouled a guy when he was trying to crossover...he was like "And 1"...i was like "dude, you didnt even shoot the ball"....he was like "i meant 'foul'"...lol idiot.

:lol