PDA

View Full Version : Did Dereek Swisher intentionally go for Nashs nose?

Fabbs
05-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Non Lamer posters,

Saw that beautious 4th qtr, missed most of the 1st 3 qtrs tho.
BSPN is saying DSwish "got Nash squarely in his broken nose in the third quarter, sending the Suns playmaker to the court in pain. Nash recovered to make two free throws."

Did that chincey little fraud do it on purpose or was it just incidental contact?

TheMACHINE
05-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Non Lamer posters,

Saw that beautious 4th qtr, missed most of the 1st 3 qtrs tho.
BSPN is saying DSwish "got Nash squarely in his broken nose in the third quarter, sending the Suns playmaker to the court in pain. Nash recovered to make two free throws."

Did that chincey little fraud do it on purpose or was it just incidental contact?

did you watch the play on TV?

silverblk mystix
05-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Fisher NEVER does it on purpose, I mean just because it happens every single game that Fisher plays----does not mean that it is on purpose

jacobdrj
05-26-2010, 12:47 AM
This thread is worthless without a video/gif.

jacobdrj
05-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Fisher NEVER does it on purpose, I mean just because it happens every single game that Fisher plays----does not mean that it is on purpose

Some of us just have better body control than others.
[/sarcasm]

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Yes, I'm sure Fisher intentionally swiped at Nash's nose in what was a close game so a 94% FT shooter could sink 2 FT's. If you're gonna say he intentionally did it, I'd love to hear why.

florige
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Some of us just have better body control than others.
[/sarcasm]

How dare you OP question D. Fish! He is a awesome defender and very rarely commits a foul. He is truly one of the cleaner players in the league today. Thank goodness for good, clean players like Fisher who are still around.

jacobdrj
05-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Yes, I'm sure Fisher intentionally swiped at Nash's nose in what was a close game so a 94% FT shooter could sink 2 FT's. If you're gonna say he intentionally did it, I'd love to hear why.

Hoping lightning strikes twice with idiot Suns players getting suspended for jumping off the bench, a-la 2007...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Hoping lightning strikes twice with idiot Suns players getting suspended for jumping off the bench, a-la 2007...

:lmao yeah, because I'm sure they would make that mistake again.

florige
05-26-2010, 12:58 AM

So the intense pain would cause him to miss?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 12:59 AM
So the intense pain would cause him to miss?

Since when has being beaten or bruised ever caused Nash to miss FT's?

me15lo
05-26-2010, 01:00 AM
I hope he did.

you, my good sir, are an asshole.

jacobdrj
05-26-2010, 01:02 AM
:lmao yeah, because I'm sure they would make that mistake again.

All Fish has going for him is his 'veteran savvy' and ability to hit a 3 at the end of regulation once every 12 playoff games, or so... You got to try every trick in your top-hat, even if your audience has seen it all before.

florige
05-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Since when has being beaten or bruised ever caused Nash to miss FT's?

He is older, and at that point of the game what did LA have to lose? Miss one of two, maybe both, and the possibilty of Suns players reacting is higher than Fisher maybe getting suspended.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 01:11 AM
It was a 1 point game when Fisher did that in the 3rd quarter. What they had to lose was a chance to take the lead on their next possession.

florige
05-26-2010, 01:21 AM
It was a 1 point game when Fisher did that in the 3rd quarter. What they had to lose was a chance to take the lead on their next possession.

What do you think the reason was behind swiping at his nose? Was Nash dribbling that high?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 01:23 AM
What do you think the reason was behind swiping at his nose? Was Nash dribbling that high?

There was no reason, it was incidental contact. Him intentionally swiping Nash's nose would have been retarded.

kromediablo
05-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Do you recall Fishers calculated elbow foul on Luis Scola last year in the playoffs? real clean right? ....not

j.dizzle
05-26-2010, 01:49 AM
So many stupid fuckin threads about LA on this board lmao

blink
05-26-2010, 02:38 AM
fisher is a dirty little dipshit. havent seen the play but it's probably intentional

namlook
05-26-2010, 02:52 AM
How dare you OP question D. Fish! He is a awesome defender and very rarely commits a foul. He is truly one of the cleaner players in the league today. Thank goodness for good, clean players like Fisher who are still around.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/bowen.gif

:lmao

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 02:54 AM
You don't win 4 rings by doin' good.

Stabbin' Cabin
05-26-2010, 03:01 AM
Fisher put his hand down in front of Nash- at the most, lightly raking his right eye. It was more of a flop than anything; realtime I thought Nash just tripped, and on the replay Nash was barely touched, yet looked like he'd just taken a slug from a 50mm.

Stabbin' Cabin
05-26-2010, 03:07 AM
There was no reason, it was incidental contact. Him intentionally swiping Nash's nose would have been retarded.

Fucking this.

I'm embarrassed that this is even a story. Nash was barely touched, and it wasn't even near his nose. If you want to see a replay, go watch an episode of the teletubbys hugging eachother.

mogrovejo
05-26-2010, 05:24 AM

With a chance of taking Nash out for the game/series? I'd take that.

It didn't look on purpose at all though, he barely touched Nash, unless I'm missing the play.

Pistons < Spurs
05-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Fisher put his hand down in front of Nash- at the most, lightly raking his right eye. It was more of a flop than anything; realtime I thought Nash just tripped, and on the replay Nash was barely touched, yet looked like he'd just taken a slug from a 50mm.

Agree with this.

BadOdor
05-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Does faggs come up with the worst nicknames or what?

pauls931
05-26-2010, 06:47 AM
fisher is a dirty little dipshit. havent seen the play but it's probably intentional

He flops and does all the little veteran cheap tricks. However this incident was simple a result of playing old man defense in order to compensate for lack of lateral movement. Defense is the first thing to go when you get old.

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 07:45 AM
You're still O & 41, Paul.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Does faggs come up with the worst nicknames or what?

:lmao faggs has even worse nicknames in the NFL forum

mavsfan1000
05-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Fisher is always great at making aggressive attacks at people look unintentional. The gift of hiding a dirty play.

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 11:06 AM
You don't win 4 rings by doing good.

florige
05-26-2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/bowen.gif

:lmao

Bowen wasn't necessarily a dirty player. He was just overly aggressive on defense and it looked like he was dirty when in all actuallity he was just playing good hard solid defense. Fisher on the other hand is just intentionally dirty imo.

mogrovejo
05-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Bowen wasn't necessarily a dirty player. He was just overly aggressive on defense and it looked like he was dirty when in all actuallity he was just playing good hard solid defense. Fisher on the other hand is just intentionally dirty imo.

No.

Edward
05-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Cut the fuckin double standards out you donut eating pig. Derek Fisher is no dirtier than Bruce Bowen, that's why Spurfan looks retarded for calling other players and teams dirty when their team was dirty as it gets.

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Cut the fuckin double standards out you donut eating pig. Derek Fisher is no dirtier than Bruce Bowen, that's why Spurfan looks retarded for calling other players and teams dirty when their team was dirty as it gets.

Edward is correct here, Flo.

florige
05-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Why I gotta be a pig? I typed that on purpose expecting to get flamed. lol

Fabbs
05-27-2010, 11:01 AM
77-74 Suns with 4:19 in 3rd is the one I'm seeing.
Announcer says "Swisher hits Nash in the nose again." Did Swisher hit Nash earlier in this game also or is he talking about a previous game?

50/50 as to whether or not Swisher did it on purpose. Given Lil Homos previous dirty play, seems likely he was trying to hit Nashs nose on purpose. Lakers are not used to earning playoff wins fairly. OTOH it could just be Swishers usual weak assed defense trying to compensate for no foot speed and movement by hacking.

Stabbin' Cabin the Laker troll posing as a Sun, how does on stay at 148 post count for two posts in a row? Do we have an LA Flamer moderator?

duhoh
05-27-2010, 11:08 AM

uh no. anytime you put your feet underneath a shooter, that's fricken dirty. anytime you make someone as calm as ray allen get mad enough to kick you in your back, you're dirty. get that weak stuff outta here. :bang

yes, fish is a smarter flopper. but you don't intentionally foul a 94% FT shooter like someone said earlier. but then again, the scola getting elbow'd to the chest comes to mind.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Faggs is maybe one of the dumbest people I've ever encountered on the internet or in person. We're talking about someone who thinks me and mono are the same person.

SomeCallMeTim
05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Fucking this.

I'm embarrassed that this is even a story. Nash was barely touched, and it wasn't even near his nose. If you want to see a replay, go watch an episode of the teletubbys hugging eachother.

:lol