PDA

View Full Version : Donaghy: Refs have effected outcome of 2010 NBA playoffs

LakeShow
05-26-2010, 12:44 AM
Former NBA official Tim Donaghy joined the show to talk about the way the playoffs have been officiated.
Donaghy said that the way the playoff series have played out confirm his theory on how officials extend series by giving the trailing teams an edge. Donaghy said they're trained that way because it helps the league financially.
"If you realy sit down and look at some of the calls, you're going to realize something funny is going on," Donaghy said.

Donaghy pointed specifically to the Celtics-Magic game on Monday night. "Jameer Nelson is totally out of control and falls down and gets the benefit of the doubt," Donaghy said.

Donaghy predicted we would see this play out in the Lakers-Suns series, which L.A. leads 2-1. "I will see Phoenix get the benefit of the calls tonight," Donaghy said.

:worthy:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/112561/#ixzz0p0kmcZBS

jacobdrj
05-26-2010, 12:46 AM
In other news, the sky is blue...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Hey RocketShow who's H-town looking at with their lottery pick this year?

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 12:48 AM
I have no complaints.

:lol

Ghazi
05-26-2010, 12:51 AM
I felt a slight tilt toward PHX in te calls tonight (felt, nothin mo :lol), but dont think it decided the game.

The best team will win this series... the only time the refs ever influenced the outcome of a champion was 2006.

Fabbs
05-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Donaghy pointed specifically to the Celtics-Magic game on Monday night. "Jameer Nelson is totally out of control and falls down and gets the benefit of the doubt," Donaghy said.
Couple of very late 4th qtr calls against KG and Pierce were bizarre.
Rigged looking for sure.
I dont think either involved Nelson.

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
the only time the refs ever influenced the outcome of a champion was 2006.

You let 'em, Ghazi. You had that f'in won. And you let all those Miami fucks get straightened out. Unforgiveable.

Ashy Larry
05-26-2010, 01:04 AM
yeah, seems like whenever we lose, its the refs ..... the refs bench was outscored by 34.

the refs couldn't box out and was outrebounded as well ...... damn those refs.

Lakers just got their asses kicked.

jacobdrj
05-26-2010, 01:05 AM
I didn't watch in 2006. 2006 SA> 2006 Dallas, and Detroit got out-coached. I am told Dallas lost all the refs' whistles by the end of game 3?

LakeShow
05-26-2010, 01:05 AM
i normally don't complain about the officiating because they normally even out but this is fucking ridiculous. Amare is MJ now. Blow on him and the whistle blows. The Lakers will win this series but this stretching out the series shit is going too far.

Ghazi
05-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Amares just a tough dude to defend, IMHVP

LakeShow
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Hey RocketShow who's H-town looking at with their lottery pick this year?

I would tell you to suck my dick but I know you only suck tiny Korean dicks.

21_Blessings
05-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Once it was announced that Ken Mauer and Dan Crawford were refereeing the writing was on the wall.

florige
05-26-2010, 01:13 AM
i normally don't complain about the officiating because they normally even out but this is fucking ridiculous. Amare is MJ now. Blow on him and the whistle blows. The Lakers will win this series but this stretching out the series shit is going too far.

You know I would rather watch unbiased street ball verses this scripted crap if what he is saying has any truth.

jacobdrj
05-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Once it was announced that Ken Mauer and Dan Crawford were refereeing the writing was on the wall.

Pistons lost in 05 because they lost the referee they had in their pocket: Joe 'I ejected Tim Duncan for laughing at something while sitting on the bench' Crawford... Pistons had some kind of crazy 8-1 record with him officiating, and he did 2 or 3 of the 2004 Finals games...

LakeShow
You know I would rather watch unbiased street ball verses this scripted crap if what he is saying has any truth.

what he's saying is the truth. I have been saying it for years. The least that they could have done was to make it look respectable.

Ashy Larry
Amares just a tough dude to defend, IMHVP

Amar'e is being physical. When the Lakers score their points in the paint, the Suns give so much resistance. Most of the baskets aren't even contested or we get a shot attempt that's a turn around jumper. When was the last time one of our big went off the dribble to the rack hard ???

Pau did it once in that game and where did he end up?? At the line. This zone won't allow you to take it to the rack hard. And for the record, Alvin Gentry should be paid 12 million becuz he's outcoached Phil.

DesignatedT
05-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Lol this dude is just trying to fill up his pockets. dont blame him. hes probably broke as fuck now.

namlook
05-26-2010, 01:32 AM
I felt a slight tilt toward PHX in te calls tonight (felt, nothin mo :lol),

You must be joking. The Suns had a 32 to 13 FT advantage while the Lakers actually shot a higher FG%. That 2-1/2 times more FTs. What happened at the line, and how the game was called definitely decided game 4.

In the end the better team will win this series so I don't think the refs are deciding the series and that's all I really care about.

j.dizzle
05-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Sons why is anyone surprised? This is basically a clone of the OKC series..Look for LA to make PHX their bitch in game 5 & close it in 6..A little adversity in a good thing before going into the finals.

HarlemHeat37
05-26-2010, 02:45 AM
Donaghy is embarrassing TBH..he guaranteed that there was no way that the league wouldn't have the Cavs in the Finals, yet they were eliminated in the 2nd..

All he does is pick obvious games and make obvious statements, he's a POS..

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Sons why is anyone surprised? This is basically a clone of the OKC series..Look for LA to make PHX their bitch in game 5 & close it in 6..A little adversity in a good thing before going into the finals.

I hope yer right, diz. I can't be trusted to read it with Phoenix involved. I'm scared to death.

Giuseppe
05-26-2010, 02:52 AM

Please. You all thought he was the living end when he was casting aspersions that denigrated the Lakers. Make up your fuckin' mind, asshole.

cobbler
05-26-2010, 03:54 AM
Donaghy is embarrassing TBH..he guaranteed that there was no way that the league wouldn't have the Cavs in the Finals, yet they were eliminated in the 2nd..

as the saying goes... takes one to know one. :toast

mogrovejo
05-26-2010, 05:19 AM

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that people stay pay attention to this guy after the miserable failure his predictions for this playoffs have been.

It's even more confusing that Lakers fans give him credibility, after what he said about how their team wins games and titles.

Basketballgirl25
05-26-2010, 07:11 AM
the only time the refs ever influenced the outcome of a champion was 2006.

Live in the past much? 2006 happned a while ago, it's over Mavs lost deal with it. Phillie lost to the Yankees in 2009 you don't hear them complain they lost.:toast