PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Mavs: "League might prohibit the Mavs from bidding on James"

nkdlunch
05-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Remember when Mavfans claimed Cuban doesn't hurt their team???

:lmao

NBA probing Cuban's statements regarding interest in LeBron
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/21/cuban.lebron/index.html

The NBA is reviewing comments Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban made about LeBron James that could fall under the league's anti-tampering rules.

In an interview with CNNMoney.com this week, Cuban said his Mavericks would be interested in pursuing the two-time MVP should he become a free agent on July 1.

"Come July 1, yeah, of course. Anybody would be interested in LeBron James, and if he leaves via free agency, then it's going to be tough," Cuban said in the interview. "If he does like I'm guessing, hoping he will, which is say, 'I'm not going to leave the Cavs high and dry,' if he decides to leave -- there's still a better chance he stays -- then he'll try to force a sign-and-trade, and that gives us a chance. ... What I do know about LeBron in the minimal time I've spent talking to him is he just wants to win. Money's not his issue. He needs to be someplace where he trusts the organization."

Though Cuban's interest in James is not surprising, his statements may have violated the NBA's anti-tampering policy, which was detailed in a memo to all 30 teams in 2008:

"If a member of your organization is asked by the media about a potential free agent prior to the July 1 following the last season covered by the player's contract, or about any other person under contract with another NBA team, the only proper response is to decline comment."

If the league finds that Cuban crossed the line, it could impose penalties ranging from a fine of up to $5 million to the loss of draft picks to prohibiting the Mavs from bidding on James.

Asked whether his remarks could be considered tampering, Cuban told ESPNDallas.com in an e-mail: "No. It's not tampering. Not even close. Nice try."

Dex
05-26-2010, 09:10 AM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/21/cuban.lebron/index.html

The NBA is reviewing comments Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban made about LeBron James that could fall under the league's anti-tampering rules.

In an interview with CNNMoney.com this week, Cuban said his Mavericks would be interested in pursuing the two-time MVP should he become a free agent on July 1.

"Come July 1, yeah, of course. Anybody would be interested in LeBron James, and if he leaves via free agency, then it's going to be tough," Cuban said in the interview. "If he does like I'm guessing, hoping he will, which is say, 'I'm not going to leave the Cavs high and dry,' if he decides to leave -- there's still a better chance he stays -- then he'll try to force a sign-and-trade, and that gives us a chance. ... What I do know about LeBron in the minimal time I've spent talking to him is he just wants to win. Money's not his issue. He needs to be someplace where he trusts the organization."

Though Cuban's interest in James is not surprising, his statements may have violated the NBA's anti-tampering policy, which was detailed in a memo to all 30 teams in 2008:

"If a member of your organization is asked by the media about a potential free agent prior to the July 1 following the last season covered by the player's contract, or about any other person under contract with another NBA team, the only proper response is to decline comment."

If the league finds that Cuban crossed the line, it could impose penalties ranging from a fine of up to $5 million to the loss of draft picks to prohibiting the Mavs from bidding on James.

Asked whether his remarks could be considered tampering, Cuban told ESPNDallas.com in an e-mail: "No. It's not tampering. Not even close. Nice try."

They already fined him $100k. A slap on the wrist for Cuban, I know, but I'm pretty sure that's all that will come of it.

They also fined Kerr $10k for joking that Lebron would come play for the Suns for the minimum exception.

stretch
05-26-2010, 09:12 AM

old news, dumbshit. it's already been handled with a fine.

nkdlunch
05-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Lol

hater
05-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Cuban is a moron. Sky is blue. blah, blah blah

Shank
05-26-2010, 09:48 AM
You're not really this dumb, are you nkdlunch?

You look like an ass posting old news, trying to rag on the Mavs. It's already been resolved.

spursfaninla
05-26-2010, 10:17 AM

We Dallas Fans feel like asses when you post old new like this, because it is embarrassing to the Mavs. Please stop reminding us that cuban could have fucked up even the possibility of the one wet dream we have left.

Surprisingly, this dallas fan got it right.

nkdlunch
05-26-2010, 10:20 AM

You look like an ass posting old news, trying to rag on the Mavs. It's already been resolved.

my bad damn SI.com took me there :toast

let's try this again, what about this news?

Spurs oust Dallas
Second-seeded Mavs exit early
Associated Press / April 30, 2010

The Spurs moved on, and Dallas is done early again.

Manu Ginobili scored 26 points and host San Antonio survived blowing a 22-point lead to beat the Mavericks, 97-87, in Game 6 last night, handing Dirk Nowitzki and second-seeded Dallas another first-round exit.

The Spurs got payback after the Mavericks eliminated them a year ago, and will play Phoenix in the Western Conference semifinals.

“For us there was no tomorrow,’’ Ginobili said after the Spurs finished off the Mavericks in front of a raucous home crowd and avoided going back to Dallas for Game 7.

Nowitzki nearly carried the Mavericks to an unbelievable comeback, getting 25 of his 33 points in a remarkable second half. But the Mavericks still stumbled to their third first-round exit in the last four years.

George Hill had 21 points for the Spurs, who are coming off their worst regular season in the Tim Duncan era — making this series all the more impressive.

It will technically go down as an upset. San Antonio is only the fifth No. 7 seed to win a first-round series, and the first since the opening round became a best-of-seven in 2003. It hadn’t been done since New York beat Miami in 1998.

But with a healthy Big Three and a championship pedigree, the Spurs could hardly be called underdogs. And with no clear favorite in the West, they might be as good a Finals pick as any.

As for the Mavericks, it was yet another early playoff disappointment.

It comes three years after the Mavericks came into the postseason as the No. 1 seed, only to be knocked out by No. 8 Golden State. The Mavericks were the NBA’s best road team in the regular season, but went 0-3 in San Antonio and couldn’t pull themselves out of a 3-1 deficit.

Caron Butler scored 25 points and rookie Rodrigue Beaubois had 16 points for Dallas.

Suns 99, Trail Blazers 90 — Jason Richardson scored 28 points, including five 3-pointers, and visiting Phoenix advanced to the second round with a victory over Portland in Game 6.

The sixth-seeded Suns will face San Antonio Monday night in Phoenix.

The Suns went up, 53-41, at halftime and led by as many as 16 points in the second half. The Blazers tied it at 76 midway through the fourth quarter, but could not pull ahead.

Martell Webster had 19 points for Portland, which failed to advance out of the first round for the second straight year.

Brandon Roy had 14 points for the Blazers in his first start of the series.

Grant Hill of the Suns advanced past the first round for the first time in his career.

BlackSwordsMan
05-26-2010, 10:27 AM
poor nkd grasping for air

Shank
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Surprisingly, this dallas fan got it right.

Mental retardation must be passing around like the common cold.

greensborohill
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Lol

Did u just lol @ yourself? Good job dude!

dirk4mvp
05-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Yes...he is.

Roddy Beaubois
05-26-2010, 01:47 PM
poor nkd grasping for air

:lmao what a dumbass

duhoh
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
wow.

an attempt to troll with a face-plant.

nkdlunch
05-26-2010, 03:58 PM

yes he is

monosylab1k
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
:lol even spur fan acknowledges how retarded this was. nkdlunch with abject failure.

Amarelooms
05-26-2010, 04:31 PM
what a dummy....self ownage

:elephant

Shank
05-27-2010, 12:01 AM
All in good fun, people.