PDA

View Full Version : Firefly Complete Series on Blu-Ray for $28

Cry Havoc
05-26-2010, 11:40 AM
amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Complete-Blu-ray-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B001EN71CW/ref=ed_oe_blu

Pretty awesome deal for one of the most beloved Sci-Fi series of all-time, especially considering it's short run.

koriwhat
05-26-2010, 11:44 AM
whats that show about? never even heard of it before but i dont watch tv much just movies.

Xolotl
05-26-2010, 11:52 AM
If you watch mostly movies have you seen Serenity?

Cry Havoc
05-26-2010, 12:27 PM
whats that show about? never even heard of it before but i dont watch tv much just movies.

Firefly is an American space western television series created by writer and director Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, under his Mutant Enemy Productions. Its future setting, modeled after traditional Western movie motifs, has been praised as an "oddball genre mix".[1] Whedon served as executive producer, along with Tim Minear.

The series is set in the year 2517, after the arrival of humans in a new star system, and follows the adventures of the renegade crew of Serenity, a "Firefly-class" spaceship. The ensemble cast portrays the nine characters who live on Serenity. Whedon pitched the show as "nine people looking into the blackness of space and seeing nine different things".[2] The show explores the lives of people who fought on the losing side of a civil war who now make a living on the outskirts of the society, as part of the pioneer culture that exists on the fringes of their star system. In addition, it is a future where the only two surviving superpowers, the United States and China, fused to form the central federal government, called the Alliance, resulting in the fusion of the two cultures as well. According to Whedon's vision, "nothing will change in the future: technology will advance, but we will still have the same political, moral, and ethical problems as today."[3]

lil'mo
05-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Sounds awesome :lol

Bender
05-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I had never heard of it, back when I rented the series from Netflix. I was surprised how good the show was. I remember being sorry to see it ended so soon.

koriwhat
05-26-2010, 01:20 PM
If you watch mostly movies have you seen Serenity?

surprisingly enough i have seen that movie.

Bender
05-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Serenity was the movie after the TV show Firefly, IIRC. I watched the entire TV series on DVD, then watched Serenity.

same actors, same characters, same ship, same plot. I think Serenity was made to appease the fans that were mad that Firefly got canceled.

ashbeeigh
05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
One of my college roomates was obsessed with Firefly. I could hardly get thorugh one episode without rolling my eyes. Way to go geeks. Get your DVD! :tu

Bender
05-26-2010, 02:30 PM
well, how could any series be as good as Friends, and the like?
:vomit:

PakiDan
05-26-2010, 03:01 PM
One of my college roomates was obsessed with Firefly. I could hardly get thorugh one episode without rolling my eyes. Way to go geeks. Get your DVD! :tu

This coming from the girl who's TV viewing schedule still revolves around MTV.

Amazon did something like this about 4 years ago. I bought the set then. AWESOME show!

CuckingFunt
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
"Firefly" is pretty much about being awesome.

And letting us all know that future whores will be respectable and look like this:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6964/morenabaccarinff01.jpg

monosylab1k
05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
tbh I thought Firefly was beyond lame. And I'm not above geeky shit, I'm a huge BSG fan.

It's definitely worth giving it a look, alot of people like the series. I just didn't like it at all.

Fpoonsie
05-26-2010, 03:07 PM
well, how could any series be as good as Friends, and the like?

Pretty much. When's THAT comin to Blu-Ray?

monosylab1k
05-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Best TV show that got cancelled way too early is still Freaks & Geeks, imho.

Bender
05-26-2010, 03:24 PM
It's definitely worth giving it a look, alot of people like the series. I just didn't like it at all.
IIRC it got better and better as it went along

Cry Havoc
05-26-2010, 03:27 PM

And what shows are you a big fan of, pray tell?

CuckingFunt
05-26-2010, 03:28 PM

"The Hills."

True story.

lefty
05-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Yay

Nerd attack !

Viva Las Espuelas
05-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Is this the one with ms hendricks?

CuckingFunt
05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Is this the one with ms hendricks?

Yeah. She's in a few episodes, but wasn't a regular.

ashbeeigh
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM

Oh, we want to play this game? "My taste is better than your taste in television..." I gave Firefly a try, it wasn't my style. Everyone here well knows I'm not a classy TV person. I'll take a rerun episode of America's Next Top Model over this any day.

"The Hills."

True story.

Naw, not anymore. I stopped watching last season. I'm much more of a "The City" fan. Kelly Cutrone from People's Revolution is such a raging bitch that it makes it worth watching.

Cry Havoc
05-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh, we want to play this game? "My taste is better than your taste in television..." I gave Firefly a try, it wasn't my style. Everyone here well knows I'm not a classy TV person. I'll take a rerun episode of America's Next Top Model over this any day.

A little defensive, are we? I was just wondering what you don't roll your eyes at when you are watching TV. Chill.

Naw, not anymore. I stopped watching last season. I'm much more of a "The City" fan. Kelly Cutrone from People's Revolution is such a raging bitch that it makes it worth watching.

The Hills didn't make you roll your eyes? Really?

ashbeeigh
05-26-2010, 03:43 PM
A little defensive, are we? I was just wondering what you don't roll your eyes at when you are watching TV. Chill.

Trashy reality TV, the news, situational comedies, etc, etc. etc.

The Hills didn't make you roll your eyes? Really?

It jumped the shark when Lauren Conrad left.

Cry Havoc
05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
It jumped the shark when Lauren Conrad left.

It jumped the shark when it was created.

ashbeeigh
05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
It jumped the shark when it was created.

To each their own. They're all rich trashy bitches now. So. Whatever.

Phenomanul
05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
That's a pretty awesome deal.

oh crap
05-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Best TV show that got cancelled way too early is still Freaks & Geeks, imho.

:tu

it was greatness (and the kingpin series, but that's a whole other thread)

monosylab1k
05-26-2010, 04:37 PM
all this talk of The Hills and Next Top Model and other shitty ass TV shows reminded me of this David Cross clip.

zL1dTurFFc8

Fpoonsie
05-26-2010, 04:58 PM
:lmao

I LOVE his comment in reference to having to go to an Evanescence concert...

"I would rather listen to the death rattle of my firstborn than see them..."

v2freak
05-28-2010, 06:51 PM
I may get that. Sweet series.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah. She's in a few episodes, but wasn't a regular.
that's a shame.

xellos88330
05-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I loved this show! It was funny as hell!

My favorite line: "Oh, I am going to the special Hell!"

Yes, I am a geek.... you don't like it... you can kiss my geek ass.

Booharv
05-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Today it's $23.49:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

IronMaxipad
05-13-2011, 06:35 PM
I already have the dvd's. tempted to double dip though.

Nick Manning
05-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Shut Up you Fucking Baby! is the best Cross stand-up imho.

As for the thread, wasn't ever a fan of the show but I did enjoy Serenity.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Most overrated show ever. A western in space? Who ever thought of that?

The 'cult following' of this show had more to do with guys who never had so much of a sniff of tang masturbating to Summer Glau than any quality to pretty much anything with the show.

Nick Manning
05-13-2011, 08:11 PM
A western in space? Who ever thought of that?

:lol

Have you ever seen Outland with Sean Connery? Decent film imho

Booharv
05-14-2011, 01:00 AM
:lol

Have you ever seen Outland with Sean Connery? Decent film imho

Pretty awesome remake of High Noon :tu

I liked it because thats how I imagine space will be in the future. Most people living in "outer space" will probably be living in boring mining colonies and dealing with pretty much the same problems they deal with here on Earth.

Wild Cobra
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
"Firefly" is pretty much about being awesome.

And letting us all know that future whores will be respectable and look like this:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6964/morenabaccarinff01.jpg
Ithink she did a far better acting job as Adria:

http://img.celebies.com/img/p/1857/large/adria.jpg

http://stargate.goetterliebe.de/Adria2.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090421044536/stargate/images/a/a0/Adria_ascended.jpg

I've never watched an episode on the remake of "V." Almost bought the first season. Any good?

ManuBalboa
05-14-2011, 10:23 AM
RIP Firefly

<3 Ms Hendricks

ChuckD
05-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Serenity was the movie after the TV show Firefly, IIRC. I watched the entire TV series on DVD, then watched Serenity.

same actors, same characters, same ship, same plot. I think Serenity was made to appease the fans that were mad that Firefly got canceled.

The funny thing is that on one of the "extras" on the Serenitiy disc, Joss did an interview where he said that his goal was to make a movie so good that the public would flock to it, it would be a huge success, and then someone would say "Hey, let's do a series!!". :lol

desflood
05-14-2011, 10:46 AM
amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Complete-Blu-ray-Nathan-Fillion/dp/B001EN71CW/ref=ed_oe_blu

Pretty awesome deal for one of the most beloved Sci-Fi series of all-time, especially considering it's short run.
I almost jumped at it, but then I remembered that it's up on instant play on Netflix.

Wild Cobra
05-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I almost jumped at it, but then I remembered that it's up on instant play on Netflix.
I already have it on DVD, but almost picked up the BluRay when I saw it in the stores.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Most overrated show ever. A western in space? Who ever thought of that?

The 'cult following' of this show had more to do with guys who never had so much of a sniff of tang masturbating to Summer Glau than any quality to pretty much anything with the show.

i could find worse things to do with my time than masturbate to Summer Glau...

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2011, 12:55 PM
I've never watched an episode on the remake of "V." Almost bought the first season. Any good?

Pretty much sucked. But i stuck with it. She was pretty fine in that series but had that horrible lesbian looking short cut.