PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick is better than Vince Carter

picc84
05-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Watching VC rise up off the pine to greet JJ as he came in from a timeout with the real Orlando Magic was a sight to behold. The passion in his eyes, the athletic bounce as he sprung off his ass. Vince has found his true calling. Being JJ Redicks Mateen Cleaves.

Teams are going to be throwing some nice $$$ at JJ this summer. The Lakers need to seriously consider making him a nice offer.

I hate Duke, but I can't hate his game. He doesn't fold, he just gets buckets. Props to a guy I wanted to get hit by a bus in college.

picc84
05-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Damn, no love for JJ? Aside from that brain fart in game 2 he's been rock solid for Orlando. Easily the 3rd best player right now.

resistanze
05-27-2010, 10:27 AM
:lol Mateen Cleaves

picc84
05-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Haven't we been burned enough. Sasha, Vlad, Luke, Farmar. We need a decent PG and another big man, hopefully Bosh, hell I'd settle for Boozer.

JJ could run point. Or he could backup Kirk when we trade 5.7/3.8 for Hinrich and Noah, or backup Calderon when we trade him for Cald/Bosh.

Lakers gotta get some guys who can shoot. Thats gotta be priority along with a decent center.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2010, 10:43 AM
JJ could run point.

:lmao

Roddy Beaubois
05-27-2010, 10:47 AM
when we trade 5.7/3.8 for Hinrich and Noah

duhoh
05-27-2010, 11:11 AM

when some open their mouths, gold nuggets fall out

Muser
05-27-2010, 11:12 AM
lol Redick playing point.

j.dizzle
05-27-2010, 11:14 AM
A Scarecrow is better then Vince Carter at this point lmao, no point of playing him when he doesnt bring anything positive on the defensive side either. Hopefully they get him a male cheerleader outfit for game 6.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2010, 11:15 AM
lol saying JJ Red Dick doesn't fold. He's made a career of folding.

SomeCallMeTim
05-27-2010, 12:00 PM

(sigh)

Say it with me: "Phil Jackson's triangle offense doesn't require a traditional PG."

For crying out loud, Shannon Brown sometimes runs point for this team and his handles are about as suspect as any guard's in this league.

JJ would work fine in PJ's system -- a big guard who can initiate the offense. The PG in Phil's offense is not required to be a slasher/penetrator... look who's been the starter for the last 3 years for ample proof of that.

I agree that JJ would be a great pickup for LA. He's everything we thought Sasha would be: a deadeye shooter with so-so defensive skills. The Lakers could really use his skillset right now.

dirk4mvp
05-27-2010, 12:03 PM
lol saying JJ Red Dick doesn't fold. He's made a career of folding.

lol racist shtick

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I know how the triangle works. JJ Red dick is a chucker. He can't pass, can't play D, can't do anything other than jack 3's. People seem to think that anyone who went to Duke has a sky high bball IQ but there are plenty of Dukies in the NBA with a low ass bball IQ, Red dick being one example.

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Redick has actually become a good passer though..not PG-good, but he's a good enough passer to work in a system with playmakers around him..he's also developed into a good defender against certain types of players, especially against SGs with Ray Allen or Ben Gordon type of bodies..the individual defense of a PG is overplayed anyways, unless the guy is a complete liability, which Redick isn't at all..team defense is more important, especially vs. PGs..he would certainly be good enough to play defense with the Lakers, since they already have a great D..

That would actually be a great fit for LA..

Killakobe81
05-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Watching VC rise up off the pine to greet JJ as he came in from a timeout with the real Orlando Magic was a sight to behold. The passion in his eyes, the athletic bounce as he sprung off his ass. Vince has found his true calling. Being JJ Redicks Mateen Cleaves.

Teams are going to be throwing some nice $$$ at JJ this summer. The Lakers need to seriously consider making him a nice offer.

I hate Duke, but I can't hate his game. He doesn't fold, he just gets buckets. Props to a guy I wanted to get hit by a bus in college.

I said this in the gamethread ...JJ was meant to play with aplayer like Kobe or Lebron and would be EXCELLENT in the triangle ...

Luva is right we have been burned with bad deals but dude is a great open shooter something this current squad is lacking ...

Killakobe81
05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
(sigh)

Say it with me: "Phil Jackson's triangle offense doesn't require a traditional PG."

For crying out loud, Shannon Brown sometimes runs point for this team and his handles are about as suspect as any guard's in this league.

JJ would work fine in PJ's system -- a big guard who can initiate the offense. The PG in Phil's offense is not required to be a slasher/penetrator... look who's been the starter for the last 3 years for ample proof of that.

I agree that JJ would be a great pickup for LA. He's everything we thought Sasha would be: a deadeye shooter with so-so defensive skills. The Lakers could really use his skillset right now.

amen. And I hate Dukies ...but I would sign him for something reasonable ...

Killakobe81
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
That being said Reddick is NOT better than VC ...

VC is in a slump and I have been very dissapointed in his play though I have not been a HUGE fan of VS since about his 3rd year or so ...

I think VC's issue are 20% diminishing skill and 80% mental right now ...

Every once in a while he gives you a highlight ...

BRHornet45
05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
son I have been a fan of JJ Redick from day one. He is one of the VERY FEW American white boys in the NBA who actually has some legit game. People can hate on him all they want, but he is a solid player. Its not his fault that he has charming good looks and can also hang with all the brotha's on the basketball court. don't hate!

Killakobe81
05-27-2010, 02:56 PM
son i have been a fan of jj redick from day one. He is one of the very few american white boys in the nba who actually has some legit game. People can hate on him all they want, but he is a solid player. Its not his fault that he has charming good looks and can also hang with all the brotha's on the basketball court. don't hate!

lol

JamStone
05-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Vince Carter is:

http://sportsnationblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/jj_is_redickulously_gay2-1.jpg

Roddy Beaubois
05-27-2010, 05:24 PM
^ :lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
:lol those Turp fans murdered Redick. I remember they had shirts that said "I'm gonna name my kid JJ Redick" on the front, and on the back said, "And beat him everyday"