PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins technical foul rescinded; will play in Game 6

Dex
05-27-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-kendrick-perkins-technical-nba-cel20100527,0,1532430.story

Boston Celtics center Kendrick Perkins will play in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals Friday.

The NBA announced it would rescind the second technical foul against Perkins official Eddie Rush called with 36.1 seconds left in the first half. Celtics forward Paul Pierce's foul with 8:12 in the fourth quarter has also been upgraded to a flagrant foul 1.

Perkins was called for two technical fouls against the Orlando Magic in Game 5 in Orlando, thus collecting his seventh technical foul of the playoffs. Seven technical fouls automatically result in an one game suspension.

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers said he didn't believe Perkins deserved either technical in his post game press conference Wednesday.

FWIW

The Gemini Method
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Both techs were questionable as the first one it looked like his momentum carried his elbow up into the face of the Orlando player. The 2nd one was straight ludicrous and I ain't talkin' bout Word of Mouf...

Cry Havoc
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
They should rescind every tech handed out last night. Ridiculous showboating by the officials.

The Gemini Method
05-27-2010, 12:23 PM
They should rescind every tech handed out last night. Ridiculous showboating by the officials.

That Rondo tech was hilarious, too...Don't know what was going on, but the refs were angsty the whole night.

koriwhat
05-27-2010, 12:31 PM
what's the point of having refs if the nba is just gonna rescind everything?

the nba hates when players or coaches bitch about the refs and the nba claims their refs are the best in the biz but the nba keeps pulling this shit every fuckin' time! wtf!?

easy7
05-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Well...of course.

rAm
05-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Good job STERN, good damn job!:toast

Why? So he can pick up his 7th against the Lake-show in the finals?

bostonguy
05-27-2010, 01:49 PM
Well that is good news. Problem is Orlando is playing with all the confidence in the world now. They really believe they can win this series more now than ever. This is why it is important to finish a team off as early as possible especially if you have an old team like Boston.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
While a collapse of epic proportions is my preferred outcome for this series, rescinding the tech was the right decision. Putting Joey and Eddie on the court for the same game virtually assures that the officiating will be a major part of the story. It's bad enough that they had an impact on Game 5, their influence shouldn't be allowed to carry over to Game 6.

picc84
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
If anyone thought game 5 was physical and intense, wait until game 6. By the end of tomorrow night Howard's elbows will be worn down to the bone and Pierce will have set the record for most career-ending injuries in one game.

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Good decision to rescind the T, no doubt about it..

I can't wait until the NBA gets rid of these old-ass refs though..get some new guys in, these old guys have massive egos and are too incompetent..

MiamiHeat
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Damage was already done.

Influence result of a game, then rescind it later after the game is over. The desired outcome was achieved.

Brazil
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
good decision indeed this tech was absolutely ridiculous

mavsfan1000
05-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Howard's elbow is the most powerful thing the league has seen. That thing can swing a series in no time.

Fpoonsie
05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Any word on if Davis is gonna play tomorrow night?

resistanze
05-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Howard's elbow is the most powerful thing the league has seen. That thing can swing a series in no time.

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/maloneelbowsrobinson.jpg

boston.balla
05-27-2010, 03:44 PM
If anyone thought game 5 was physical and intense, wait until game 6. By the end of tomorrow night Howard's elbows will be worn down to the bone and Pierce will have set the record for most career-ending injuries in one game.

That's a good one :lmao

SomeCallMeTim
05-27-2010, 03:59 PM

:lol

mogrovejo
05-27-2010, 05:26 PM
How the heck the 1st technical isn't rescinded? How the heck Pierce's foul is upgraded to a flagrant 1 and nothing happens to Howard?

mogrovejo
05-27-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/maloneelbowsrobinson.jpg

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0519/nba_g_pierce_howardfoul_600.jpghttp://www.goerieblogs.com/sports/giveandgo/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/superman.jpghttp://www.acb.com/fotos/61220_6_88586_6.jpg

This was only in one half... and a relatively calm half for his standards in this series. Howard has been worse than Malone in the last 3 games - because the refs are allowing him to be. As Johnny Most would say, he's a thug and a criminal.

JamStone
05-27-2010, 05:46 PM
There have been so many threads and posts about the pussification of the NBA and it cannot be reiterated enough. The league is soft. Yes Howard throws elbows. Yes KG sets illegal picks. Yes there were hard fouls both ways last night. In the 80s, that was the average regular season game. These are men, professionals, who get paid to play basketball.

A little rough play shouldn't be viewed as such a bad thing. And Karl Malone was a million times worse back in his day than Howard is now. It's not close.

mogrovejo
05-27-2010, 06:05 PM
There weren't hard fouls both ways because one team was getting called for ticky-tack fouls and getting technical fouls for accidental elbows and the other wasn't.

tlongII
05-27-2010, 06:16 PM
I wish the league would have rescinded the suspension of Amare against the Spurs a few years ago.

LnGrrrR
05-27-2010, 06:55 PM
How the heck the 1st technical isn't rescinded? How the heck Pierce's foul is upgraded to a flagrant 1 and nothing happens to Howard?

Yeah, I didn't get the upgrade either.

Giuseppe
05-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Crucify him, Luva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lanier
05-27-2010, 07:10 PM
There weren't hard fouls both ways because one team was getting called for ticky-tack fouls and getting technical fouls for accidental elbows and the other wasn't.
This, from the person whose favorite insult is to say someone's being "too emotional."

JamStone
05-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I didn't get the upgrade either.

Consistency by the league. Matt Barnes got a flagrant 1 for pushing KG. Pierce pushed Redick after the whistle. To keep it consistent. I don't think it was necessarily a flagrant 1, but considering Barnes got a flagrant 1 for the extra shove, I understand why they upgraded it to be the same.

mavsfan1000
05-27-2010, 07:18 PM
So where is Howard's multiple flagrant 1's?

shelshor
05-27-2010, 07:22 PM

$tern has them in a lockbox; they'll be released should Orlando make The Finals

mogrovejo
05-27-2010, 08:10 PM
This, from the person whose favorite insult is to say someone's being "too emotional."

Insult? I never thought about that as an insult, but okay.

Anyway, I was being emotional? Didn't notice that at all.

mogrovejo
05-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Consistency by the league. Matt Barnes got a flagrant 1 for pushing KG. Pierce pushed Redick after the whistle. To keep it consistent. I don't think it was necessarily a flagrant 1, but considering Barnes got a flagrant 1 for the extra shove, I understand why they upgraded it to be the same.

Which flagrant for Barnes are you talking about?

Yeps, if Pierce gets a flagrant 1 for that, Howard should be out of the next game.

Soul
05-27-2010, 08:27 PM
holy christ, the celtics, the dirtiest team out there start crying once another team gets physical with them. the fans are worse. DWIGHTS ELBOW ON KG (WHICH WAS INADVERTENT) got upgraded to a flagrant. Stop whining.

TampaDude
05-27-2010, 09:21 PM

+1 Joey C and the whistle crew in full effect last night.

Jacob1983
05-27-2010, 10:54 PM
If Perkins was on the Mavs or Suns, this would have never happened. However, he plays for the Celtics and Stern wants to jizz over the Celtics and Lakers in the Finals again.