PDA

View Full Version : Wade to discuss future with LeBron, Johnson and Bosh- ESPN

MaNu4Tres
05-27-2010, 12:47 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5224873

Dwyane Wade has a big decision to make on where he'll sign this offseason. And before he makes his choice, he said he'll talk it over with fellow big-ticket free agents LeBron James and Joe Johnson.

Wade told the Chicago Tribune that he's not sure when the three players will talk, but they've been discussing their futures informally for a while now.

"[Free agency] has been three years coming," the Miami Heat superstar told the Tribune. "We've discussed it prematurely, at different times. [But] you don't know what guys are thinking and where they're going. I think we'll all sit down, and before one of us makes a decision, all of us will have spoken to each other and [listened to the] thinking.

"A lot of decisions [will be based on] what other players are willing to do and what other guys want to do. So it's not just a 'me' situation here. We all have to look and see what each other is thinking."

A source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the Toronto Raptors' Chris Bosh also will join Wade, James and Johnson when they get together to discuss free agency.

No date or place has been set for the gathering, but the source said, "Bosh will definitely be there."

James, Wade and Bosh became close while playing together on the U.S. Olympic basketball team that won the gold medal at the Beijing Games. While they've pondered the possibility of playing together in the NBA, only two of the stars are likely to wind up on the same team once the dust clears.

James, coming off back-to-back playoff disappointments with his home-state Cleveland Cavaliers, will be the most sought-after free agent this summer, but Wade should be a close second.

Johnson's stock might have fallen after his lackluster playoff series for the Hawks against the Orlando Magic, averaging just 13 points as Atlanta was swept.

Bosh, Toronto's All-Star forward, has reportedly given the Raptors a list of five teams he will consider signing with next season -- Toronto, Chicago, the New York Knicks, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers. Sources told Broussard that the New Jersey Nets are also a possibility for Bosh.

On his Twitter account, however, Bosh refuted that he had given the Raptors a list of teams he would accept in a sign-and-trade deal.

Free agency begins July 1.

One team that could have a problem signing Wade is his hometown Chicago Bulls.

The Bulls have money to spend this offseason and are expected to be one of the main suitors for James, in particular, but will their perceived disloyalty to former stars cost them a chance at the coveted players in the 2010 free-agent class?

"I think the biggest question that you think about has to be loyalty," Wade told the Tribune. "I know one thing about Miami: It is a very loyal organization. I see what they do with their players when their players get done with the game of basketball . . . how loyal they are. I don't know about the Bulls."

In particular, Wade questions why Hall of Famers Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, who led the Bulls to six NBA championships, are no longer with the organization.

"I see Michael Jordan is not there, Scottie Pippen is not there . . . You know, these guys are not a part," Wade told the Tribune. "Things like that. So that is probably one of the biggest things for me, because I am a very loyal person."

Jordan recently became the majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats.

The Bulls, Knicks, Nets and Heat have the most financial flexibility to add a prime free agent from the 2010 class, which also includes the the Phoenix Suns' Amare Stoudemire.

DesignatedT
05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
sure sounds like wade wants to stay. i could see bosh joining him in Miami.

MaNu4Tres
05-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Any chance Bosh, Bron and Wade take a some sort of pay cut so they can play together?

ducks
05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
bosh and wade will team up

ducks
05-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Any chance Bosh, Bron and Wade take a some sort of pay cut so they can play together?

they could all sign for 6 million each and go to new york
but they all above that

ducks
05-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Wade can't afford to. Law suits and a divorce is going to kick him in the ass.

he should sign for the mle just to tick off his wife
because he makes less she gets less:lol

MaNu4Tres
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Wade can't afford to. Law suits and a divorce is going to kick him in the ass.

I'm pretty sure if they were to team up, Wade could make 3-5 times his salary in endorsements alone.

Baseline
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Why is Joe Johnson in the room? He must be serving the drinks.

Baseline
05-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Shouldn't this be considered tampering by Wade?

No more than Stern tampered Gasol directly into a Laker uniform.

MaNu4Tres
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM
they could all sign for 6 million each and go to new york
but they all above that

Actually Bosh, LeBron and Wade could all sign with New York, where 11-12 million would be each of their base salary the first year.

nkdlunch
05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Why is Joe Johnson in the room? He must be serving the drinks.

LOL I was thinking the same thing

da_suns_fan
05-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Why is he talking to LeBron? Does Wade want to play on the Mavs too?

Dex
05-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Together they will band together and form a 31st team: SuperSquad.

Of course, Shaq will be riding coattails to fill out the bunch.

MiamiHeat
05-27-2010, 01:11 PM
don't forget

Miami has the most cap space out of any team this off-season

Wade will re-sign with the Heat, Bosh will sign with Miami, and LeBron is going to re-sign with Cleveland

that is what is going to happen

MiamiHeat
05-27-2010, 01:14 PM
i swear, if I was a superstar NBA player like Wade or LeBron or Bosh

I would take a paycut and intentionally team up with superstars on 1 team

it would be fucking epic. we would own the league with an all-star lineup and be the Nation's favorite team for a long time. the championships would stack up....

what a fucking journey that would be.

and plus, why care about 20 million instead of 10 million? yeah 10 mil is a lot of money, but earning 10 instead of 20 is still enough to live an amazing life.

plus, all the endorsement deals you get?

seriously, never understood why players dont do this. take paycuts, team up, and rape the league and do historic shit that has never been done before. get a 4peat, 5peat, 6peat...

TIMMYD!
05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
i swear, if I was a superstar NBA player like Wade or LeBron or Bosh

I would take a paycut and intentionally team up with superstars on 1 team

it would be fucking epic. we would own the league with an all-star lineup and be the Nation's favorite team for a long time. the championships would stack up....

what a fucking journey that would be.

and plus, why care about 20 million instead of 10 million? yeah 10 mil is a lot of money, but earning 10 instead of 20 is still enough to live an amazing life.

plus, all the endorsement deals you get?

seriously, never understood why players dont do this. take paycuts, team up, and rape the league and do historic shit that has never been done before. get a 4peat, 5peat, 6peat...

Yeah, I'd probably want to do the same thing but once I've made enough money to not care about the money anymore.

Roddy Beaubois
05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs514.ash1/30303_10150187536265117_740975116_12396217_2375628 _n.jpg

stretch
05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
definitely will be interesting. this probably doesnt bode incredibly well for the Mavs. but who knows?

Shank
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
If these 3 manage to weasel themselves on the same team, then Stern should allow another superteam to form just to cancel them out.

monosylab1k
05-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Nothing comes of this. Wade and LeBron both have too big of ego's to defer to the other and accept a #2 role. Bosh and Johnson aren't even worth max money.

The purpose of this wouldn't be a possible Wade/LeBron union, it's both of them deciding which guy out of Bosh or Johnson to take as their #2.

monosylab1k
05-27-2010, 03:11 PM
and Bosh is so disgustingly overrated. tbh I'll take Joe Johnson over him any day.

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2010, 03:14 PM
and Bosh is so disgustingly overrated. tbh I'll take Joe Johnson over him any day.

:wow I agree that Bosh is overrated, but why would you take Joe Johnson over him?..

mavsfan1000
05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
They're all going to the Lakers. Book it.

picc84
05-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Who gets Bosh will be decided by a game of craps between Bron and Wade. Snake eyes gets you Johnson.

200 miles
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5224873

Dwyane Wade has a big decision to make on where he'll sign this offseason. And before he makes his choice, he said he'll talk it over with fellow big-ticket free agents LeBron James and Joe Johnson.

Wade told the Chicago Tribune that he's not sure when the three players will talk, but they've been discussing their futures informally for a while now.

"[Free agency] has been three years coming," the Miami Heat superstar told the Tribune. "We've discussed it prematurely, at different times. [But] you don't know what guys are thinking and where they're going. I think we'll all sit down, and before one of us makes a decision, all of us will have spoken to each other and [listened to the] thinking.

"A lot of decisions [will be based on] what other players are willing to do and what other guys want to do. So it's not just a 'me' situation here. We all have to look and see what each other is thinking."

A source told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the Toronto Raptors' Chris Bosh also will join Wade, James and Johnson when they get together to discuss free agency.

No date or place has been set for the gathering, but the source said, "Bosh will definitely be there."

James, Wade and Bosh became close while playing together on the U.S. Olympic basketball team that won the gold medal at the Beijing Games. While they've pondered the possibility of playing together in the NBA, only two of the stars are likely to wind up on the same team once the dust clears.

James, coming off back-to-back playoff disappointments with his home-state Cleveland Cavaliers, will be the most sought-after free agent this summer, but Wade should be a close second.

Johnson's stock might have fallen after his lackluster playoff series for the Hawks against the Orlando Magic, averaging just 13 points as Atlanta was swept.

Bosh, Toronto's All-Star forward, has reportedly given the Raptors a list of five teams he will consider signing with next season -- Toronto, Chicago, the New York Knicks, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers. Sources told Broussard that the New Jersey Nets are also a possibility for Bosh.

On his Twitter account, however, Bosh refuted that he had given the Raptors a list of teams he would accept in a sign-and-trade deal.

Free agency begins July 1.

One team that could have a problem signing Wade is his hometown Chicago Bulls.

The Bulls have money to spend this offseason and are expected to be one of the main suitors for James, in particular, but will their perceived disloyalty to former stars cost them a chance at the coveted players in the 2010 free-agent class?

"I think the biggest question that you think about has to be loyalty," Wade told the Tribune. "I know one thing about Miami: It is a very loyal organization. I see what they do with their players when their players get done with the game of basketball . . . how loyal they are. I don't know about the Bulls."

In particular, Wade questions why Hall of Famers Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen, who led the Bulls to six NBA championships, are no longer with the organization.

"I see Michael Jordan is not there, Scottie Pippen is not there . . . You know, these guys are not a part," Wade told the Tribune. "Things like that. So that is probably one of the biggest things for me, because I am a very loyal person."

Jordan recently became the majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats.

The Bulls, Knicks, Nets and Heat have the most financial flexibility to add a prime free agent from the 2010 class, which also includes the the Phoenix Suns' Amare Stoudemire.

Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom...

PGDynasty24
05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
IF they form a superteam,then Stern should allow the formation of another superteam. How about Mavericks and Lakers combine to make the Lakericks. The greatest team the world has seen since the Dream team
PG-Jason Kidd/Beaubois
SG-Kobe Bryant/Jason Terry
SF-Ron Artest/Shawn Marion
PF-Dirk Nowitzki/Lamar Odom
C-Pau Gasol/Andrew Bynum

Try to fuck with that Bitches

Roddy Beaubois
05-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Ron Artest? Try...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs632.snc3/31736_513978357424_133301049_30331246_3229041_n.jp g

Lars
05-27-2010, 08:58 PM
weak