PDA

View Full Version : best android apps out there?

stretch
05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
i'm about to get a motorola backflip and need to know of what are some highly recommended android apps to get

Drachen
05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
i'm about to get a motorola backflip and need to know of what are some highly recommended android apps to get

* Handcent (text messaging software)
* Pandora (obviously)
* Cheezburger (the company that owns failblog, failbooking, friends of irony, etc)
* aCar (if you like to keep track of your automotive spending, gas mileage, get alerts when you are approaching milestones (like 3k miles since last oil change)
* Gdocs - google docs
* Dolphin Browser or Skyfire Browser or Opera 5 (I prefer Dolphin so far, but opera is freakin FAST. Stock browser sucks.
* Pageonce Assistant Free - keeps track of your financial accounts (Credit cards, bank accounts etc all in one place.
* Astro File Manager (a file manager is a must and this is the only one I tried, but it is great)
* Compass - only because it will reorient google maps whenever you turn if you DL this. Also, if you are on GMaps on street view and you turn the street view will turn.
* The weather Channel (my phone came with a weather widget, but it kind of sucked, so I tried weather bug and the weather channel apps, and the weather channel app handily defeats the others.)

There are a few others like GroceryIQ that I have DLed recently and have used sparingly, but havent run the gamut with it yet. If it works the way it says it should and as well as the comments seem to indicate, this may be one to look into as well.

jacobdrj
05-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Is there a 'bar code' app? To do price comparisons?

TwAnKiEs
05-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah. Its called barcode I believe. I think it compares it to Cnet

manufan10
06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Advanced Task Killer: Kills apps that are still running.
Last.fm: Create your own radio station
Mabilo Ringtones: Ringtones
Shazam: Song identifier

There's also a batter widget that you can get that will show you the actual percent of battery life you have, and it will also tell you what's killing you're battery life most (gps, apps, backlight, etc.).

TwAnKiEs
06-05-2010, 11:08 AM
anyone know of a SMS app like SMS popup that can show multiple sms popups like handcent?

BruceBowenFan
08-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Caller ID Faker-call any number you want you are able to mask your phone number even with the person you are calling phone number its great.

JDS Sms Bomber- send 10 txt messages at once to any number(careful you might piss the person off you are texting)

Ringdroid-Create your own ringtones.

Freetube-Download any video from youtube.

DJ Mbenga
08-10-2010, 01:02 AM
#1 dude do not get that moto phone, its crap, but if you do no matter what its android. i would recomend google voice. its no longer invite only anyone can get it. i use it to get free texting.

stretch
08-10-2010, 09:59 AM
#1 dude do not get that moto phone, its crap, but if you do no matter what its android. i would recomend google voice. its no longer invite only anyone can get it. i use it to get free texting.

already got it. i like it a lot actually. more than i thought i would.

badfish22
08-10-2010, 05:28 PM
There's also a batter widget that you can get that will show you the actual percent of battery life you have, and it will also tell you what's killing you're battery life most (gps, apps, backlight, etc.).

Which one do you use? There seems to be a million of them.

21_Blessings
08-10-2010, 08:13 PM
:lmao the motorolla backflip is utter trash

stretch
08-11-2010, 01:00 PM
:lmao the motorolla backflip is utter trash

my only problem with it is having to wait for the Android 2.1 upgrade. but other than that, its been a damn good phone.

21_Blessings
08-11-2010, 05:35 PM
my only problem with it is having to wait for the Android 2.1 upgrade. but other than that, its been a damn good phone.

Do yourself a favor and root it.

Otherwise it's like buying one of those McDonalds cheeseburgers that's been sitting under a heat lamp for 3 hours when you could have walked across the street and ordered some In n Out for about the same price.

badfish22
08-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I upgraded my go phone to a Captivate a few days ago.

Pretty happy with it so far.

stretch
08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Do yourself a favor and root it.

Otherwise it's like buying one of those McDonalds cheeseburgers that's been sitting under a heat lamp for 3 hours when you could have walked across the street and ordered some In n Out for about the same price.

unfortunately this is one of the few phones that no one has figured out how to root. :(

but when they do, ill be sure to root it right away

leemajors
08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
http://lifehacker.com/5612338/adfree-blocks-ads-on-your-rooted-android-phone