PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of early promos

PM5K
05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
What's the deal with that? I just saw a promo for Leverage and the show doesn't come on for over three weeks.

I've been seeing Are We There Yet promos for a month.

To me that's pretty pointless, the only way I'm watching either show is if I happen to see a promo close enough to the air date that I remember to watch it or add it to my DVR, which basically means within a week of the air date.

Even though it would be annoying, I'd rather they spend all of their money on advertising more near the air date, rather than spreading it out. I know that would mean even more commercials, but to me that would make a bit more sense.

easjer
05-27-2010, 06:45 PM
They are hyping it because it's on TNT and they will lose a chunk of viewers following the end of the Conference Finals.

And they are hoping you will be inspired to schedule your dvr now, lest you forget. . . but point taken.

PM5K
05-27-2010, 09:09 PM
They are hyping it because it's on TNT and they will lose a chunk of viewers following the end of the Conference Finals.

And they are hoping you will be inspired to schedule your dvr now, lest you forget. . . but point taken.

I never schedule my DVR that far ahead, I'm not even sure I can or would want to.