PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready for Prokhorov - The Russian Mark Cuban

Indazone
05-27-2010, 08:10 PM
http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=3058433

With statements like this....can Russian douchebaggergy be far behind.

"How fast can we build a championship team? If everything goes as planned, I expect us to be in the playoffs next season and [win a] championship in one year minimum, and maximum in five years."

He asked the reporters if he should keep the name "Nets," even after the team relocates to Brooklyn for 2012. "I need your piece of advice. I can put Russian name and nobody knows what it is," he said in his Cold War villain voice. "I can put the name of a girlfriend on the team, and every time I change, I need to change the name of the team." The Brooklyn Olgas it is! < should he fail, he should make a bet with the other owners and rename the team the Brooklyn Nyets>

Asked about the rapper and music mogul Jay-Z, a minority owner in the Nets, Prokhorov said: "We are soul mates ... I'm looking forward to hanging out with him."

On Kiki Vandeweghe
"I think Kiki is a very talented guy. He did his job in a very tough season for the team, and his agreement expires in the summer and I wish him well."

When you are worth $13-billion, you can afford to be blunt.

Prokhorov also dropped the tantalizing suggestion that before he bought the Nets, he had looked at buying the New York Knicks and "possibly the ice hockey team."

BadOdor
05-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Already been posted, slope-eyed motherfucker.

Technique
05-27-2010, 10:03 PM
mark cuban's ancestry is russian too, what are the odds

dbestpro
05-27-2010, 10:32 PM
The Nets will try to sign 2 major free agents and trade for a third major player. Lopez will remain at center. I think James and Wade will sign with NJ. Harris, Yi and the first pick will get moved for Parker. All is left is signing a power forward who will do the dirty work. Maybe, they ask for Splitter in the Parker deal. Maybe they will have enough left over to sign Scola. While alot of this may seem pie in the sky, the Nets by sending Harris and Yi would only have about 8-10 mil in salary locked up. Add Parker for 13.5 and roughly 38-40 mil for Wade and Parker, and 5 mil for the PF and this team is set. Will they have to pay luxury tax? Probably, but do you think the owner cares? Now, this may not be the exact combination of players, but you can bet that it will be something not too far off.

Lopez, Scola, James, Wade, Parker or
Lopez, Bosh, James, Lee/Douglas-Roberts, Parker.

Mel_13
05-27-2010, 10:42 PM
The Nets will try to sign 2 major free agents and trade for a third major player. Lopez will remain at center. I think James and Wade will sign with NJ. Harris, Yi and the first pick will get moved for Parker. All is left is signing a power forward who will do the dirty work. Maybe, they ask for Splitter in the Parker deal. Maybe they will have enough left over to sign Scola. While alot of this may seem pie in the sky, the Nets by sending Harris and Yi would only have about 8-10 mil in salary locked up. Add Parker for 13.5 and roughly 38-40 mil for Wade and Parker, and 5 mil for the PF and this team is set. Will they have to pay luxury tax? Probably, but do you think the owner cares? Now, this may not be the exact combination of players, but you can bet that it will be something not too far off.

Lopez, Scola, James, Wade, Parker or
Lopez, Bosh, James, Lee/Douglas-Roberts, Parker.

This post fails on so many levels. The math doesn't come close to working. The provisions of the CBA are ignored. Wow.

Just a hint. It is impossible to use cap space AND pay luxury tax in the same season.

dbestpro
05-28-2010, 06:22 PM
This post fails on so many levels. The math doesn't come close to working. The provisions of the CBA are ignored. Wow.

Just a hint. It is impossible to use cap space AND pay luxury tax in the same season.

I think you missed the point. They got about 20 mil on the books even after a trade for a major player like Parker. (not saying it will be just example). There is ample money left to sign 2 of the big 3 free agents. This team is more likely to make major moves than any other. Don't blink or you might miss it.

BlackSwordsMan
05-28-2010, 06:46 PM
is being called mark cuban a good thing?

Mel_13
05-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I think you missed the point. They got about 20 mil on the books even after a trade for a major player like Parker. (not saying it will be just example). There is ample money left to sign 2 of the big 3 free agents. This team is more likely to make major moves than any other. Don't blink or you might miss it.

:lol

I didn't miss any point. You don't understand the numbers involved. 20 million dollars of cap space is not even close to enough to sign 2 of the big 3 three free agents.

That is as far from being right as your original take that NJ would spend so much on free agents that they could find themselves paying the luxury tax.

:lol

DPG21920
05-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I hope this guy sits front row at games with 10 beautiful women by his side.