PDA

View Full Version : OUCH Stack Takes out Joe Johnson

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 10:51 PM
That had to hurt.

Ginofan
05-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Flagrant??? Total BS man! Stackhouse went for the ball!

Solid D
05-11-2005, 10:53 PM
That was not flagrant. He blocked, then made body contact and when Joe grabbed the rim, he fell on his face and cut his eye orbit. It wasn't reckless in my opinion.

adrienne
Stack didn't take out anyone, he cleanly went for the block, Johnson grabbed the rim. It's his own fault he fell hard.

ducks
:19.7 DAL - Flagrant foul (type 1) on J. Stackhouse
:22.6 PHO - S. Marion defensive rebound

ducks
dallas is toast

Dex
05-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Wow. The refs missed a call. :rolleyes

ducks
05-11-2005, 10:54 PM
suns put a 38 spot on the board in the 3

adrienne
05-11-2005, 10:55 PM
A bogus flagrant isn't like missing a goaltending, or not calling a handcheck. They punish an innocent player for a supposedly violent foul.

Dex
05-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Dude, Joe looks like he just lost a fight with Tyson or something.

Solid D
05-11-2005, 10:56 PM
He did hit the floor hard. I'm sure he'll need some pain killers to function for the next few hours.

ShoogarBear
05-11-2005, 10:57 PM
That wasn't a flagrant. Fortunately, the league can review the film and rescind the flagrant after the game.

Dallas looking pretty solid. Dampier playing like Dirk woke him up. And it's amazing what you can do with a little team D.

Only down side for them is Stackhouse looks at times likes he's single-handedly trying to lose the game by himself. Dude is worthless unless he's isoing.

Spurgal
05-11-2005, 10:57 PM
dallas is toast

http://www.toaster.org/cards/toast.jpg

tekdragon
05-11-2005, 10:58 PM
clean play on the ball.

...and i really didn't need to see joe shoot those free throws.

ugh.

grjr
05-11-2005, 10:58 PM
ANybody else remember Sean Elliott grabbing the rim and slipping off and falling on his back? That brought back some painful memories.

exstatic
05-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Dallas actually didn't come out of that too badly. I was thinking 2 FTs and a 3ball for 5 points, and all PHO got was one FT.

No layups. When you fly high, the fall is hard. Stackhouse made an obvious (to non-referee types) play on the ball. The call was for shit. JJ was hurt because he hung on the rim for a second, and his lower body continued forward. What an amateurish call by the refs, allowing a loud crowd to influence a call.

ducks
05-11-2005, 11:00 PM
That wasn't a flagrant. Fortunately, the league can review the film and rescind the flagrant after the game.

Dallas looking pretty solid. Dampier playing like Dirk woke him up. And it's amazing what you can do with a little team D.

Only down side for them is Stackhouse looks at times likes he's single-handedly trying to lose the game by himself. Dude is worthless unless he's isoing.

dallas is playing their best
suns are not
dallas shot 65% in first
the are only ahead 8
amare has been quiet
nash has been the only sun to show up
suns acted like the series was over in the first quarter

suns have not scored over 25 in a quarter yet

I say mavs are toast
mavs d is not the spurs d
mavs are not going to hold suns under 100

exstatic
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
If the Mavs can continue to penetrate and score in the paint or go to the FT line, they'll win tonight. I was laughing at Collins talking about Phoenix not moving the ball on offense. :lol They only do that when they run. Their half court offense is pretty much Amare and Nash, and they're doing a good job of limiting Amare's dunks and layups. It's average at best, and Dallas is getting back on D, and making shots, and shooting FTs, all things that limit a team's ability to run.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
The funny thing is Dampier is playing D but Dirk's letting his guy just blow by every time :lol

Tek_XX
05-11-2005, 11:06 PM
The flagrant was a Dick Bevetta homer special

xcoriate
05-11-2005, 11:07 PM
His own guy happens to be Marion who is a beast not to mention about 5-6 inches shorter than him. Never really had a chance. Same can be said for Damp though....

Obstructed_View
05-11-2005, 11:09 PM
That's the third bullshit flagrant called in the Suns favor in the playoffs. Marion fell really hard and pretended that he was hurt and got a call against the Grizzlies. The next one Marion got up and acted like he wanted to fight and drew another one. It's amazing.

ducks
05-11-2005, 11:25 PM
dallas is toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Someone should tell Avery that Phoenix likes to shoot threes, because it looks like they weren't expecting that.

ducks
05-11-2005, 11:40 PM
is diek going to call out stack

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-11-2005, 11:45 PM
I just can't figure out why they keep leaving Finley open.

He's probably the one guy on the Mavs who has brought it every night in the playoffs, and is really stroking it from outside.

You've gotta guard him, and Phoenix is doubling off of him. I guess that's why they're not known for their defense.

Solid D
05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
ANybody else remember Sean Elliott grabbing the rim and slipping off and falling on his back? That brought back some painful memories.

Yes, I do. Actually, didn't it happen to him twice? I remember once at HemisFair Arena (I was in attendance), the Spurs were playing the Bucks and Sean was on the break, caught a long pass and Brad Lohaus came up and got him from behind and Sean fell flat from way up in the air.

ducks
05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
damm I said suns would score 38 in the 3 and they only scored 36 :rolleyes

Amuseddaysleeper
05-12-2005, 12:17 AM
mavs look like they may take gm 2, but phx is the #1 road team in the NBA so i dont think dal will get both games at home.

milkyway21
05-12-2005, 12:19 AM
That had to hurt.:cry

i hope that cut on Duncan's face is the worst the Spurs get in the series....

can't take this....

ouch!!!! Yiiks!
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img8464696.jpg
Phoenix's Joe Johnson sports a bloody grill.

adrienne
05-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Joe missing game 3, doubtful for game 4...fracture of the left orbital bone, and a concussion.

T Park
05-12-2005, 12:57 AM
broken orbital bone, and serious concussion.

Out of game 3 and possibly game 4.

OUCH, big loss for Phoneix.

Solid D
05-12-2005, 12:58 AM
Bad news for Joe. He'll probably have to go to goggles or some sort of protection.

adrienne
05-12-2005, 12:58 AM
I think that MAYBE Johnson has a fracture...anyone have any word on that?:)

Obstructed_View
05-12-2005, 01:11 AM
So since they ruled it a flagrant, will Stackhouse get suspended? :rolleyes

mouse
05-12-2005, 01:14 AM
It won't matter as long as he will be there to take out Bowen in the semi finals.

adrienne
05-12-2005, 01:15 AM
It should be overruled, it was questionable as a regular foul even.

milkyway21
05-12-2005, 01:28 AM
broken orbital bone, and serious concussion.

Out of game 3 and possibly game 4.

OUCH, big loss for Phoneix.exactly. Just a 2pt win? i doubt it if the Mavs could pull a win tonight if only Jo was there thoughout the game.He is a good 3pt shooter. He could be the missing difference.

And he hasn't missed a game in 3 seasons? sounds like our Bowen:D

Obstructed_View
05-12-2005, 01:41 AM
Joe Johnson - the great equalizer. :lol

Tek_XX
05-12-2005, 01:44 AM
If Anthony wasn't suspened for an obvious flagarant i doubt that Stackhouse will. Most likely this will be overturned.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2005, 01:49 AM
I was actually joking. I think Stack is a cheap shot artist but that definitely wasn't a flagrant. The Suns seem to benefit from soccer calls; the severity of the penalty is dependent upon the severity of the fall or the reaction of the fans.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2005, 01:53 AM
Anybody remember Iran Barkley?

http://web.wireimage.com/images/thumbnail/4118701.jpg

Mr. Body
05-12-2005, 01:54 AM
A terrible bench just got terribler. More terrible. Whatever.

milkyway21
05-12-2005, 02:13 AM
I was actually joking. I think Stack is a cheap shot artist but that definitely wasn't a flagrant. The Suns seem to benefit from soccer calls; the severity of the penalty is dependent upon the severity of the fall or the reaction of the fans.hmmnn:rolleyes

looks like it was called flagrant by Bavetta...
He was treated for several minutes, receiving six stitches to close a cut near his left eye. Referee Dick Bavetta belatedly called it a flagrant foul.

here's the rest of the story...

PHOENIX (AP) -- Phoenix guard Joe Johnson fractured a bone near his left eye when he was fouled on a layup with 19.7 seconds left in the first half of Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals between the Suns and the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night.

He was admitted to Good Samaritan Hospital and will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair the displaced bone. He will miss at least Game 3 Friday night in Dallas, the Suns said.

Johnson was fouled hard by Jerry Stackhouse and landed face-first on the America West Arena court. He was treated for several minutes, receiving six stitches to close a cut near his left eye. Referee Dick Bavetta belatedly called it a flagrant foul.

Johnson stayed in the game, looking like a boxer who had just lost a fight, and made one of the two free throws before leaving the game for good.

He was diagnosed with a mild concussion and a fractured orbital bone and was to remain hospitalized overnight. A CAT scan came back negative, the Suns said.

Johnson, a fourth-year guard, has not missed a game over the past three seasons.(AP)

Horry For 3!
05-12-2005, 02:49 AM
Stackhouse didn't take out Joe J. He actually blocked the ball and they had some body contact but it was Joe J himself who hurt himself because he was holding onto the rim and then flew off and hit his face on the court.

Joe J is not playing Game 3 and probably not Game 4 now.

mouse
05-12-2005, 08:14 AM
^Good to see a non bias person saw the game.

it was not the foul, but the landing that hurt that man. Things like that happen
just ask David Robinson after Malone's elbow :lmao

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 08:19 AM
http://www.toaster.org/cards/toast.jpg

You were saying????
I told you Dallas would win game 2.

Never doubt Nostradamus Jr.

:)

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 08:38 AM
^Good to see a non bias person saw the game.

it was not the foul, but the landing that hurt that man. Things like that happen
just ask David Robinson after Malone's elbow :lmao

That is just wrong Mouse. :pctoss

mouse
05-12-2005, 08:43 AM
That is just wrong Mouse. :pctoss

I bet if it was Bowen taking out that Suns player then it would be ok to joke about it,

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Poor guy I hope nothing like that happens to anyone in the playoffs, or at least not to the Spurs. (knock on wood)

mouse
05-12-2005, 08:51 AM
(knock on wood)

Does it have to be with a hand? or does your head count? :lmao

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 08:51 AM
It's wrong to compare the fould on Johnson to Malone's elbow into Robinson's head. Just about everyone here agrees that the Stack fould wasn't flagrant. Malone's elbow to DRob's head was plain dirty. Johnson wasn't even injured from contact with a player, it was the floor that bloodied him. That is why that's not funny.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Does it have to be with a hand? or does your head count? :lmao

Which head the big one or the small one? or in your case the big one or the teeny weeny one :lol

mouse
05-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Which head the big one or the small one? or in your case the big one or the teeny weeny one :lol

^RACK^ :lmao

Useruser666

It's wrong to compare the fould on Johnson to Malone's elbow into Robinson's head. Just about everyone here agrees that the Stack fould wasn't flagrant. Malone's elbow to DRob's head was plain dirty.

Dude everyone in UTAH and Malone himself said it was an accident, The only ones who said it wasn't was Spur fans.

That is why that's not funny. I take it your not in your joking mood, maybe things are not good at your job, or home.

I bet if it was Mark Cuban that slipped and cracked his head? you would still be rolling on the floor of your trailer.

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah, Malone said it was an accident, that clears up everything.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-12-2005, 09:07 AM
mouse, would you trade dampier for duncan and draft picks? and congrats to your mavs last night, although, to be fair, despite the mavs dominating most of the game and the stat sheet heavily in their favor, does it not honestly somewhat bother you that the mavs despite all that won by just 2 points? although a road win is a road win and now dallas has the HC

mouse
05-12-2005, 09:16 AM
mouse, would you trade dampier for duncan and draft picks?

No way, Tim Duncan has maybe one more season and he is gone. That poor man is just one Stack house foul to the knee away from early retirement.

and congrats to your mavs last night,

Save it for after we beat the Heat

although, to be fair, despite the mavs dominating most of the game and the stat sheet heavily in their favor, does it not honestly somewhat bother you that the mavs despite all that won by just 2 points? although a road win is a road win and now dallas has the HC

Yes it Bothers me a little, after all who wants to win by only two points?
I always say if the Mavs lose by a basket? we did not get beat, we just lost the game. Getting beat is what Dallas Did to the Spurs last time they met.

But at the same time after Dallas waxed the spurs by 40 many spur fans where saying it does not matter the score a loss is a loss,
so that pancake has two sides. :smokin

mouse
05-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah, Malone said it was an accident, that clears up everything.

And if you believe that? Then you believe the Home Alone kid never let M Jackson touch his wee wee :lmao

Warlord23
05-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Dallas has been skirting with danger throughout the playoffs ... except for the last game, Houston seemed to be in control of the other Mavs victories ... and the Finley out of bounds non-call was ridiculous. Here again they win on a game-winner by the coldest-shooting superstar in the playoffs after the Suns' best perimeter shooter and serviceable defender injures himself.

Point is, Mouse, your Mavs are using up their whole quota of luck. If there's any truth in the law of averages, they lose the next 4 by 25+. And next year they jockey with the Lakers for the 8th seed.

Let's hope one of your avatars shows itself after the Mavs' season is done.

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Yep, Mavs have a history of good luck. Just like they lost Dirk in 2003, and any chance to beat the Spurs along with him. :rolleyes

Was it Lucky that the Mavs totally bent the Rockets over backwards in Game 7?

Until the Mavs lose a series, I'm not going to say they're "lucky". I'm going to say they're good. Mavs in 6 or 7.

Warlord23
05-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Mavs wouldn't have gotten to see the Spurs that year if Webber hadn't blown his knee out. And Mavs won a game vs SA without Dirk, they lost the last one with him. Dallas has been good over the last 5 years or so, but have never been an elite team. In 2003, the Lakers were a tougher opponent than the Mavs, but fell into the Spurs' bracket ... the Kings with a healthy C-Webb would have taken the Mavs in 5 ... Mavs' only WCF appearance was a stroke of luck

With or without Joe Johnson, the teams will split in Dallas. And Phoenix will win the last two to take it in 6.

T Park
05-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Tim Duncan has maybe one more season and he is gone

he pontificates bull like this, but yet you morons still respond to him..

Ignore the attention whore already.....

MadDog73
05-12-2005, 10:50 AM
he pontificates bull like this, but yet you morons still respond to him..

Ignore the attention whore already.....

T-Park, the ability to tell when someone is pulling your chain is very important to have on this forum.

If you don't want to talk smack to mouse, then don't respond! It's that easy.

Other than that, Mouse is an entertaining diversion between games, much more so than whottt and ChumpDumper arguing over nothing...

mouse
05-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Dallas has been skirting with danger throughout the playoffs ... except for the last game,

what about Sean Elliot's miricle shot? Sounds like you guys used luck also.
Oh wait! you guys don't see things the same when it's your team.

Houston seemed to be in control of the other Mavs victories

And I am sure at one time Davy Crockett seemed to have the Alamo in control also.

Point is, Mouse, your Mavs are using up their whole quota of luck.

Mavs don't need luck they have mouse's Mo-Jo

If there's any truth in the law of averages, they lose the next 4 by 25+. And next year they jockey with the Lakers for the 8th seed.

sounds like you want to make a wager...

Let's hope one of your avatars shows itself after the Mavs' season is done.

white folks always hope things go ok. I don't live by the hope creed. I live by the wish factor. I wish a mother focker Spur fan would show up after a 40 point ass waxing by the Might Mighty Mavericks.

boutons
05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
NBATV is reporting JJ will miss at least Games3,4 (the DAL trip).

SpursFanDan
05-12-2005, 04:15 PM
It was a block.. cleanly.. then alittle contact with the body.. Johnson grabbed the rim on the way down.. (bad idea) and his legs flipped. There shouldnt even of been a foul.. so a flagrant foul is just crazy.