PDA

View Full Version : Why is Gentry so cautious?..

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't think Gentry is a bad coach, I've been impressed with some of his moves this year..

Why is he so cautious with minutes though?..has he ever said anything about it?..it's obviously part of his coaching style, but it still puzzles me..it's good to have confidence in your bench and they have definitely had a big part in getting Phoenix this far, but still, you have to rely on your top guys more often at this point of the dance..

Tonight's game for example..Nash, Stoudemire and Richardson playing 35 minutes or less?..

The bench was on for way too long in the 1st half..why would you put out a lineup with Collins/Amundson/Barbosa at the same time at any point during the WCFs?..

Why did Barbosa get 15 fucking minutes?..why was he still on the floor with minutes left in the game?..Why was Frye on the floor for defensive purposes with 3 seconds left in the game?..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Inexperience mostly, time will tell whether or not experience will help him get a better sense of minute distribution. I have no idea why Barbosa is getting any PT, he's too forgiving and nice to an extent.

Keeping Nash's minutes down is smart though. It certainly beats Antoni running Nash into the ground so he was out of gas in key playoff games. Not running more plays for J-Rich was my big complain.

TheMACHINE
05-27-2010, 11:55 PM
if he put Nash in a minute earlier, Suns would be up 3-2

HarlemHeat37
05-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Oh, I have no problem with managing Nash's minutes in the long run, but in games like the one tonight, he should have played more, 35 minutes just isn't good IMO..crucial game that would have taken all the momentum in the series..just taking 5 of Barbosa's minutes and giving them to Nash would have made a big difference IMO, it's not like Barbosa contributed anything at all..

The Richardson part is annoying as well, I've been annoyed by that since game 1..Artest hasn't shown much of an ability to stop JRich, they should be running him off screens and opening up plays for him against him more often..he's been lights out..

Amundson plays too much at times too..I like his hustle and all, but he's a 15th man..

Gentry seems like he learns though, hopefully he corrects it..

j-money24
05-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Inexperience mostly, time will tell whether or not experience will help him get a better sense of minute distribution. I have no idea why Barbosa is getting any PT, he's too forgiving and nice to an extent.

Keeping Nash's minutes down is smart though. It certainly beats Antoni running Nash into the ground so he was out of gas in key playoff games. Not running more plays for J-Rich was my big complain.

I agree, keeping Nash out till the 6 minute mark is smart, Nash was fresh and played great and almost won the game.. He's 36 years old or something, he can't be playing 45 minutes a game...

Giuseppe
05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
With the extra TOs in the playoffs, and the increase in TO time, + the extended half times in the playoffs, I don't understand anything less than 43 minutes.

Phil waited too long in Game 3 to bring Fisher back in the 4th and it was huge mistake.

DJ Mbenga
05-27-2010, 11:59 PM
with nash its ok cause nash always has his back issues. watching him when tnt zoomed into his face it looked like he was taking a huge dump. and he was just resting. back must suck

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-28-2010, 12:00 AM
if he put Nash in a minute earlier, Suns would be up 3-2

I disagree but you could be right. You can't look at numbers and say, "if this happened or that happened." In the end, the game was tied with 3 seconds left, and Phoenix didn't do what they needed to do to get a stop.

DJ Mbenga
05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
the if game doesnt work. what if pau didnt blow a dunk. doesnt even let richardson set up a lucky 3. which then doesnt let artest get a tough put back

ducks
05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
nash sat 7 minutes in the fourth did not get in before 5:30 in the forth
I was like put nash in at the 8 minute mark