PDA

View Full Version : Best Craig Sager interview, ever

YoMamaIsCallin
05-28-2010, 12:24 AM
This was preceded by a Kobe interview where Kobe could not stop laughing and rolling his eyes every time Artest was mentioned.

I just had to transcribe this from my DVR. It was simply amazing. Here goes:

Craig Sager: What were you thinking when you put up that shot when you guys had a chance to run out the clock?

Ron Artest: Well, you know, just play basketball. I mean, there was a point in time when I shot 40% from the three! I gotta play, you know, and still try to get to the hole. I hit shots before, they just didn't fall today. That's the thing about the playoffs, you just keep playing, you never know when that big game gonna come. So I'm just gonna continue to play, see what happens.

Sager: That's the way you keep talking, about playing in the playgrounds. But here in the NBA, here's a 24 second clock. You could have run it out.

Artest: Well, you coulda ran it out, but you still gotta play basketball. I tried to break their back a little bit. That's why we play defense. You know, we still gotta play basketball. You oughta be able to play through all that. Everybody saying "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" You still gotta be able to focus.

Sager: How are you getting position for the winning basket after Kobe puts up that long 3?

Artest: I seen the shot. He got fouled. I knew it was gonna be an air ball so I just went after it. They played hard tonight. They was aggressive imitating us.

(I'm sure he meant "intimidating". At this point Artest got an even crazier look on his face, and launched into the following)

There had to be a point in time I use my body. It worked for me and it worked for me right there.

Sager: Unlikely hero...

Artest: (puts arm around Sager's shoulder and moves closer) Queensbridge in the building. Queensbridge in the house. Queensbridge already know.

Sager: (looks at Artest, baffled)

Artest: Say "Queensbridge". Say "Queensbridge".

Sager: (looking scared now) Queensbridge.

Artest: Yeah. (turns and strides away, big grin on his face)

Sager: Queensbridge. Where they don't play with a shot clock.

Medvedenko
05-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Sags FTW!

BeeGee
05-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Craig Sager is a pimp. That is all.

Nahtanoj
05-28-2010, 01:18 AM
lmao qb where they don't play with a shotclock

crc21209
05-28-2010, 01:20 AM
:lol Artest needs to learn how to speak properly...

phxspurfan
05-28-2010, 01:22 AM
I'll have to agree. That ish was so random when I first heard I was like wtf...did Sager just say Queensbridge? Nice job givings us the whole convo.

DJ Mbenga
05-28-2010, 01:31 AM
update that sig