PDA

View Full Version : after this playoff run where do you rank Nash among PGs?

nkdlunch
05-28-2010, 09:43 AM
He's been merciless this year and clearly the star of the 2nd best team in the West. I know he was not even in your top 10 PGs but where do you rank him now?

I's say:
1. Nash
2. Deron
3. Rondo
4. Paul
5. Rose

JamStone
05-28-2010, 09:46 AM
He was in my top 10 before the playoffs started, probably around 6-7.

I'd move him up a few notches to maybe 4-5.

Deron, CP3, and Rondo all still firmly ahead of him, imo. I know some don't rate Rondo that high, but he's there for me.

pauls931
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
He was in my top 10 before the playoffs started, probably around 6-7.

I'd move him up a few notches to maybe 4-5.

Deron, CP3, and Rondo all still firmly ahead of him, imo. I know some don't rate Rondo that high, but he's there for me.

I'd probably rank Deron and CP3 ahead of him, Rondo? GTFO...

I'm just hoping Nash has enough in the tank for next year if they can't pull a miracle this time.

nkdlunch
05-28-2010, 09:49 AM
I really can't rank Deron/Paul ahead of him until one of them leads their team to the WCF

21_Blessings
05-28-2010, 09:50 AM

You GTFO. Rondo plays defense. Nash gives you nothing on that end but a liability.

Mel_13
05-28-2010, 09:51 AM
I really can't rank Deron/Paul ahead of him until one of them leads their team to the WCF

2007 Utah-SA WCF

nkdlunch
05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
2007 Utah-SA WCF

I stand corrected. Drop Nash to #2 for now...

JamStone
05-28-2010, 09:54 AM

I'm just hoping Nash has enough in the tank for next year if they can't pull a miracle this time.

Rondo is the best player on a team that is probably going to the NBA Finals.

The Celtics have lost the last two games because he hasn't played as well because he's banged up.

Look at the respective stats of Rondo and Nash, and they're pretty close, from points to assists to FG%, except Rondo also is a game changer with his defense.

Steve Nash is probably the premier point guard when it comes to running an offense. I didn't always feel this way about how good Rondo was. The last two playoffs have convinced me, despite his poor jumpshot, that he's a top 3 point guard in the league.

If you disagree, so be it. Your opinion versus mine.

pauls931
05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I'll admit Rondo is good, but put CP3 or Deron on that team and LA might as well fold. Deron has a vastly undermanned and pretty much crappy team to work with , CP3 likewise. Rondo while good defensively can run all over on offense because everyone is afraid of what KG, Pierce, or Ray are currently doing.

When it comes to being loaded, Boston is as close to LA as you can get.

IronMexican
05-28-2010, 10:17 AM
You GTFO. Rondo plays defense. Nash gives you nothing on that end but a liability.

You finally giving Rondo his due? You dogged him when he was under contract talks with Boston. You said that Conley wasn't that much of a downgrade.

The Gemini Method
05-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Obviously, you can't go wrong with saying Nash is one of the best PGs to ever lace it up at least offensively. His mid-range game is one to behold and should be shown at camps and clinics all over the world. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we read Mogrovejo's description of watching How to Run Point Guard by Steve Nash at his next basketball-related workshop.

JamStone
05-28-2010, 10:25 AM
I'll admit Rondo is good, but put CP3 or Deron on that team and LA might as well fold. Deron has a vastly undermanned and pretty much crappy team to work with , CP3 likewise. Rondo while good defensively can run all over on offense because everyone is afraid of what KG, Pierce, or Ray are currently doing.

When it comes to being loaded, Boston is as close to LA as you can get.

Why are you making an argument for Deron and CP3 when I put them ahead of Rondo? Your beef was me putting Rondo ahead of Nash.

Rondo is the best player on the Celtics, and has been all season. That says a lot when that team is as "loaded" as you say.

TampaDude
05-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Steve Nash is fuckin' baller and is a lock for the HOF, ring or no ring.

'nuff said.

The Gemini Method
05-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Steve Nash is fuckin' baller and is a lock for the HOF, ring or no ring.

'nuff said.

That's Truf.

mindcrime
05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
I remember back when the Kings played the Mavericks in the playoffs year after year. Bibby would often outplay Nash. Bibby's game has gone to crap whereas Nash is a baller.

stretch
05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Nash is still top 3, and has been since he joined Phoenix. I say its 1a, 1b, and 1c between him, CP3, and D-Will. It's pretty much any given night. Nash is the most offensively skilled, CP3 is the best scorer, and D-Will is the most well rounded and has the most physical advantage.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 03:57 PM
You finally giving Rondo his due? You dogged him when he was under contract talks with Boston. You said that Conley wasn't that much of a downgrade.

21_Blessings isn't much of an expert when it comes to talent evaluation.

LMAO Glassnum :lmao

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Deron is the best to me. I go back and forth between Rondo and Nash... does Nash's offensive brilliance offset Rondo's superior defense/rebounding? hhmm.

There were points in the last few years where I thought old Kidd was better than old Nash, especially 08-09... but I don't believe that now.

Anyway, Chris fucking Paul is not even in the discussion. When a guy loses by 60 in the playoffs and then misses 40 games the year after, he is not an elite PG.

Giuseppe
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
I championed Rondo first and it was almost a year ago when I did it. Everybody said I was wrong.

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Deron is the best to me. I go back and forth between Rondo and Nash... does Nash's offensive brilliance offset Rondo's superior defense/rebounding? hhmm.

There were points in the last few years where I thought old Kidd was better than old Nash, especially 08-09... but I don't believe that now.

Anyway, Chris fucking Paul is not even in the discussion. When a guy loses by 60 in the playoffs and then misses 40 games the year after, he is not an elite PG.

CP3 > Collison

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:30 PM
I remember back when the Kings played the Mavericks in the playoffs year after year. Bibby would often outplay Nash. Bibby's game has gone to crap whereas Nash is a baller.

Bibby never created for himself. He was basically a jumpshooter living off of C-Webb and Vlade. He played good defense.

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Rondo shouldn't be in this discussion. I don't think he's a top 5 PG and after next season will be lucky to be in the top 10 with the development of Evans, Curry, Jennings, and Collison. Plus add in Wall soon too. I would already take CP3, Williams, Nash, Rose, and Westbrook over him. Heck, I even left out Billups who is getting older at this point. Offensively, Nelson is better as well.

Muser
05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Deron > Rondo > Paul > Nash

IMO.

Muser
05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
:lmao Rondo is so underrated.

Waiting for "But Rondo plays with three All stars!!"

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:35 PM
CP3 will retake his throne as the best PG in the league this up-coming season thanks to the brilliance of Tom Thibodeau and his two sidekicks in Collison and Thornton, allowing him to get more rest.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Rondo's better than the Big 3 at this point, IMO.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 04:37 PM
CP3 will retake his throne as the best PG in the league this up-coming season thanks to the brilliance of Tom Thibodeau and his two sidekicks in Collison and Thornton, allowing him to get more rest.

Considering the Hornets will win 45 games at best this year, CP3 will still be off of peoples radars... and rightfully so.

But people can't say it's due to lack of help... 2x all star David West whose "not much worse than Dirk"... Collison/Thornton.

CP3 has a good supporting cast, he himself is innately incapable of guiding a team to lofty heights.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 04:40 PM
A few more notes

Posey is an NBA Champion
Okafor was widely considered a top 10 center before the cancerous stench of CP3 caused him to fade into irrelevancy
Peja was/is one of the best shooters in the world

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Considering the Hornets will win 45 games at best this year, CP3 will still be off of peoples radars... and rightfully so.

But people can't say it's due to lack of help... 2x all star David West whose "not much worse than Dirk"... Collison/Thornton.

CP3 has a good supporting cast, he himself is innately incapable of guiding a team to lofty heights.

Hornets won 37 games with no coach and CP3 missing 40 games. With a real coach, another home run draft pick, healthy CP3, and expiring contracts to trade, they will take the SW division crown from the Mavs.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Hornets won 37 games with no coach and CP3 missing 40 games. With a real coach, another home run draft pick, healthy CP3, and expiring contracts to trade, they will take the SW division crown from the Mavs.

:lol

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Hornets will finish 4th or 5th in the Southwest next year... just like this year... and the year before.

Muser
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM

crofl

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
A few more notes

Posey is an NBA Champion
Okafor was widely considered a top 10 center before the cancerous stench of CP3 caused him to fade into irrelevancy
Peja was/is one of the best shooters in the world

Posey is old and injured most of the season. Okafor is a solid center, but had a hard time playing with West. Peja missed 20+ games as well since he's older.

Don't forget new billionaire owner ready to take over soon.

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Healthy CP3, Tom Thibodeau, billionaire owner, substantial cap room after 2011 = team of 2010s

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 04:47 PM
CP3's done man, he's never gonna recover from the mental frustration of Pargogate and 121-63 and the injuries.

His best years are behind him... and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Muser
05-28-2010, 04:48 PM
What FA is going to NO?

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:49 PM
What FA is going to NO?

Dirk

CP3 and Collison will finally give him a real PG. He will continue to score 25+ till he's 40. Can you imagine the pick n roll with CP3 and Dirk?

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 04:50 PM
What FA is going to NO?

Has a big time FA ever signed in San Antonio?

mogrovejo
05-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I rate him where I had him months ago, in a third tier with Rondo and Billups, below Williams (1st tier) and Paul (2nd tier).

I think I'm upgrading Curry for that 3rd tier, btw, I've been watching clips of him and during the season I didn't think he was this good.

Muser
05-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Has a big time FA ever signed in San Antonio?

Nope, and I never said they will.

redzero
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
It's a shame the Hornets will never get the best power forward of all time by tanking.
:depressed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-28-2010, 05:05 PM
CP3's career will be greatly shortened with the meniscus being removed from 1 of his knees. In a few years he's gonna have bones grinding against one another. Good luck with that.

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 05:57 PM
CP3's career will be greatly shortened with the meniscus being removed from 1 of his knees. In a few years he's gonna have bones grinding against one another. Good luck with that.

He only had a partial tear in his meniscus and it was repaired, not removed. There's a big difference.

Besides his knees will be the Mavs problem in a couple of years when he joins Lebron and Iggy.

mindcrime
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Bibby never created for himself. He was basically a jumpshooter living off of C-Webb and Vlade. He played good defense.

Agreed. It was apparent the second CWebb was traded. As for the comment in bold you must have a bad memory my friend. Bibby's defense was atrocious. He was lazy on that end.

Pelicans78
05-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Agreed. It was apparent the second CWebb was traded. As for the comment in bold you must have a bad memory my friend. Bibby's defense was atrocious. He was lazy on that end.

I guess compared to White Chocolate he was better?

mindcrime
05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
I guess compared to White Chocolate he was better?

True. White Chocolate couldn't be bothered with defense. A 30 foot 3-pointer awaited him.