PDA

View Full Version : Sad story, help needed.

Adrienne18
08-19-2004, 05:20 PM
ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN MAKING A DIFFERENCE:

A friend of mine forwarded this tragic story to me. I will be participating in this activity. if you are interested in running or walking for this great cause, send me an email or contact the phone numbers and email addresses mentioned below. Thanks, JT

To all those interested in making a difference for someone in need:

I want to let you know about an important event that's taking shape. It points out how delicate our lives and health are, and how quickly things can change.

Cindee Crain, Legal Grounds Leslie and I are organizing a running/walking fundraiser. We want to raise as much money as we can for a man savagely attacked at the Gypsy Tea Room 3 wks ago. His name is David Cunniff. He apparently took his teenaged daughters there to a concert and an argument erupted with some skinheads after they were flicking ashes on him. One of the attackers sneaked up on him, bashed him with a beer bottle, and severed his spinal cord. David is now paralyzed. And his health insurance lapsed before the attack. He lives in Lakewood, but currently is at Baylor recovering.

We're putting together the Run Down Violence 5K very quickly, so help us get the word out.

If you're a morning runner, not only would it be great if you could register and pay the entry fee, but then be available to volunteer race night to help with registration or at intersections. If you can do this, contact Cindee Crain at: [email protected] or 214.824.3044 (hm) or 214.803.3524 (cell).

Date: Thursday, September 2nd
Time: 7pm
Location: Lakewood United Methodist Church, Abrams and Palo Pinto
Registration: Legal Grounds, starting this Saturday and the night of the race
Cost: $20, kids under 12 will be $5
Awards: $50 Run On Gift Certificates to the overall male & female winner
Drawings: $25 Lukes gift certificate and gifts from various Lakewood merchants (still working on this).
T-Shirts: Everyone that registers will get a Run Down Violence t-shirt designed by the students at the Arts Magnet High School (where his daughters go to school)

All proceeds will go to pay the medical expenses of David Cunniff.

Some of you may be in the area, and those who aren't...spread the word if you can.

Blood Dong
08-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Jesus how sad, I've been to the Gypsy Tea and I havent seen anything like that or skinheads for that matter.......get KTCK involved, especially the Hardline they love to help out with things like that

Spurminator
08-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Ken from the Old 97s already called in to the Hard Line.... It happened at one of their shows (I was there the night before). Ken, for a while, had sort of become the point person for contributions because the man is not married and his kids are teenagers.

Last I heard they were thinking of doing a full-fledged benefit concert. I never heard the whole story about how or why the fight (er, cheap shot) happened, all I heard was that it was over a cigarette.

Tonto Lives
08-19-2004, 10:26 PM
E mail pale face Chris Duel Chris [email protected] (Chris [email protected])him and Eddie Gosslings and other comics can do a fund raiser at river center comedy club.

If Tonto run more than one block Tonto will pass out, or will get dizzy until someone can show up with a warm Krispy Kream dounut.

But Tonto can donate 20.00 bucks friday .

http://www.skypoint.com/members/joycek19/silverhl.gif

SequSpur
08-19-2004, 11:47 PM
Ask Jim for the money.

MouseSmack
08-20-2004, 12:20 AM
If I can sell a PC this weekend I will donate 1/2 the cash

Blood Dong
08-20-2004, 10:17 AM
or even better email Mark Cuban with this story. He will help, and for those of you who don't know he makes his email public