PDA

View Full Version : If the Suns grabbed that rebound...

Jeremy
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
...would they have won their first ever championship? Yes or No?

TampaDude
05-28-2010, 02:33 PM
No...the Lakers would've won in OT, and it would still be 3-2 Lakers.

Giuseppe
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I get so nervous talking about shit like this.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I'd say no. Putting the Lakers away wouldn't be guaranteed in the least. And looking across the way at the eastern teams both pose some pretty big matchup issues. The Celtics front line would be far more physical while the Magic are built to play right with the Suns style, maybe even outrun them.

lurker
05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
I think they could have won in overtime, but to make myself feel better I'm going to say the Lakers would have won in Phoenix to force a game 7. I honestly don't know how this Suns team would (or will?) respond in a game 7 with a trip to the finals on the line.

JamStone
05-28-2010, 03:03 PM
No. If they grabbed that airball rebound, the only thing they would have been guaranteed would have been overtime.

Some Suns also forget that they had just hit a pretty lucky bankshot three pointer just to tie it and that they were down 17-18 points in the second half. I think they were pretty fortunate to be in position to steal a game where they were pretty much outplayed for most of the game.

LakerHater
05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
If they would blocked out insteada watching the ball...

DJ Mbenga
05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
same what if as the lakers. what if odom rebounded the ball? would the lakers have gone to the finals? they surely would have beaten the clippers. see how easy the what if game is to play?

lefty
05-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Aaargh

Game is over

Next !

Jeremy
05-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I'd say no. Putting the Lakers away wouldn't be guaranteed in the least. And looking across the way at the eastern teams both pose some pretty big matchup issues. The Celtics front line would be far more physical while the Magic are built to play right with the Suns style, maybe even outrun them.

I don't know if the Suns could beat the Magic, especially after they came back from an 0-3 deficit for the first time in NBA history.

But I think we could destroy the Celtics. We totally dominated them in the regular season, including when they were the hottest team in the league to start the season, and when the Suns were playing horribly in December.

lefty
05-28-2010, 03:30 PM
They just would have extended the ass kicking for five more minutes, that's all.
Ass kicking?

Ok, Lakers won fair and square, but it was no ass kicking

pauls931
05-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Depends if Kobe was tired or not. OT was no guarantee. On to game 6 in Pho.

People are acting like the suns were up by 1.

The Gemini Method
05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
It should've been an ass-kicking...but this Laker team goes colder than a broken heart for some reason and teams come back on 'em...

But it was definitely a nailbiter...

Jeremy
05-28-2010, 03:34 PM
I was hoping it would be Game 6 of '06 all over again. Suns hit the game-tying 3 off an offensive rebound in LA, Kobe misses the game-winning shot at the end of regulation, Suns win in OT, finish it off in the next game at home. But it just didn't quite happen this time.

I do think the Suns would have won in OT--we had the momentum and Lakers were getting tired.

pauls931
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I was hoping it would be Game 6 of '06 all over again. Suns hit the game-tying 3 off an offensive rebound in LA, Kobe misses the game-winning shot at the end of regulation, Suns win in OT, finish it off in the next game at home. But it just didn't quite happen this time.

I do think the Suns would have won in OT--we had the momentum and Lakers were getting tired.

I agree somewhat with the later, Phil was going to pay for playing his starters such long minutes eventualy, oh well... Hopefully he'll keep it up.

760Spursfan
05-28-2010, 03:46 PM
They just would have extended the ass kicking for five more minutes, that's all.

Def no ass kicking but they are going to game 7 and the Suns will go onto the finals and face the Celtics....at least this is what I am hoping for.:toast

pauls931
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
If a football team goes up 40-7, and then decides to ease up and the other team goes on a run to bring the score to 47-38. Would you say that was a good game? You probably would, but me, I say that team got their ass whooped. We have a hard time even getting up for these weak teams.

you almost ended up in overtime with kobe loggin heavy minutes. Thank the stars that the suns didn't box out.

dbestpro
05-28-2010, 06:25 PM
The Suns had no chance. With less than 3 seconds left you need an effort play from Amare. It just will never happen.

redzero
05-28-2010, 06:46 PM
If I shaved my head, I'd be bald.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-28-2010, 07:25 PM
The Suns had no chance. With less than 3 seconds left you need an effort play from Amare. It just will never happen.

Just so you know dumb fuck, Amare wasn't even on the court.

lol stupid beaner

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Just so you know dumb fuck, Amare wasn't even on the court.

lol stupid beaner

sons, the fat beaner might be stupid, but this only highlights why you is almost as stupid for wanting to give amare max.

A max player would have been on the court for the last 3 seconds of a playoff game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-28-2010, 09:03 PM
That lineup was retarded, it's not Amare's fault. Neither Frye, Nash or Richardson should have been on the court. The lineup should have been Lopez, Amare, Dudley, Hill, Dragic.

xellos88330
05-28-2010, 11:00 PM
PHX had the momentum heading into overtime. I would have liked PHX chances in OT. Lakers just gave up a huge lead and Kobe didn't get much rest in the second half. His jumper seemed a bit flat in the 4th.