05-28-2010, 08:31 PM
The hard parts over

lefty
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Man, don't jinx Boston please :(

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Ghazi, how sure are you here?

Enough to, say, put your Charizard pokemon card on the line?

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Charizard AND Blastoise, tbh

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Charizard AND Blastoise, tbh

Shit sons, that's putting a lot on the line tbh.

j-money24
05-28-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't know about that bro.. I like the Lakers chances more right now.

kromediablo
05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
why do these threads even get started before the finals even start...where are the moderators..seriously???

thedong
05-28-2010, 09:26 PM
16point game, it aint over yet

Sisk
05-28-2010, 09:28 PM
why do these threads even get started before the finals even start...where are the moderators..seriously???

i guess you're not a troll

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 09:29 PM

Bitch, go back to the spurs forum, I think there's a "BLAIR > BARKLEY" thread you haven't posted yet imho.

rhyputa
05-28-2010, 09:50 PM
The All Gone Fishing Team fans had united as the Boston fans:lol

Jacob1983
05-28-2010, 09:50 PM
How big of a chokejob would it be on the Lakers' part if they play the Celtics in the Finals this year and lose? If it is Lakers and Celtics, I want it to go to 7 games and game 7 is decided by free throws. Nate Robinson gets the game winning free throws with less than a second left in game 7.

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 09:52 PM
How big of a chokejob would it be on the Lakers' part

almost as big as the mavs in 2006, 2007 and 2010, imho.

ginobili's bald spot
05-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Exclusive pics of ghazi in his Halloween costume.

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/18774.jpg

Jacob1983
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
It would be bigger than the Mavs and your Lakers back in 2008 when they allowed the Celtics to come back from the largest deficit in NBA Finals history. And bigger than when the Lakers choked a 3-1 lead in the first round against the Suns in 2006. And bigger than when the Pistons buttraped the Lakers in 2004.

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 10:05 PM
It would be bigger than the Mavs and your Lakers back in 2008 when they allowed the Celtics to come back from the largest deficit in NBA Finals history. And bigger than when the Lakers choked a 3-1 lead in the first round against the Suns in 2006. And bigger than when the Pistons buttraped the Lakers in 2004.

sons you would think a mavs fan would know what a choke is.

losing to a better seed = not a choke.

1st seed losing to 8th seed = chooooke.
2nd seed losing to 7th sed = choooooke.
being up 2-0 and 10 points with 5 minutes left and getting backdoor swept = choooooooooooooooke.

Jacob1983
05-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Delusional laker fan, you're seriously going to tell me that your mighty lakers didn't choke in 2004? They had homecourt in the Finals and were a better team than the Pistons. How was it not a choke? Your Lakers may have a lot of championships but they're not invincible or immune to chokejobs.

DazedAndConfused
05-28-2010, 10:14 PM
You forgot to say congrats to Cleveland!!!

I love this anti-jinx threads :).

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 10:18 PM
This would not be a choke. Boston's a better team than LA and so were Orlando and Cleveland.

Western Conference is the Junior Varsity Conference.

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Delusional laker fan, you're seriously going to tell me that your mighty lakers didn't choke in 2004? They had homecourt in the Finals and were a better team than the Pistons. How was it not a choke? Your Lakers may have a lot of championships but they're not invincible or immune to chokejobs.

sons that 2004 piston team was the better team.

lol mavs in 2006.
lol mavs in 2007.
lol mavs in 2010.

ginobili's bald spot
05-28-2010, 10:21 PM
tbh you guys should listen to Ghazi. Not only is he the Phil Ivey of Pokemon but he always makes stellar predictions.

Cavs winnin a 'ship regardless of whether Shaq's fat lazy ass is ridin the coattails of da King.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I correctly predicted the 'Bama national title. I'm 1/1 this year.

and Phil Ivey? Since when is he prestigious enough to be used in that context? :lol

bostonguy
05-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Laker fans......... please kill your prey tomorrow and join us for the final chapter.

BadOdor
05-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Laker fans......... please kill your prey tomorrow and join us for the final chapter.

There can only be one!

LnGrrrR
05-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Hell naw! Let Phoenix win one at home... the more miles on the Laker's legs, the better.

scanry
05-28-2010, 10:28 PM

I think that 2004 Pistons team was one of the best defensive teams ever. They should have swept the Lakers. I don't think the Lakers had a chance against that team. The Spurs actually might have matched up better against the Pistons, but i don't know if the final series result would've been any better. I'd rate the following as the best Defensive teams in NBA history
1989-90 Pistons
1999 Spurs
2003 Spurs
2004 Pistons
2008 Celtics

ginobili's bald spot
05-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I correctly predicted the 'Bama national title. I'm 1/1 this year.

and Phil Ivey? Since when is he prestigious enough to be used in that context? :lol

You are 0-every year you try to predict the NBA champion. Do I need to bump some of your cavs dick sucking threads from the past two years to remind you?

bostonguy
05-28-2010, 10:31 PM
It don't matter. We can coast, You have to come to LA, son.

Just don't let me down luva. I'm already thinking Celts/Lakers now that we made it. This needs to happen.

D2Procon
http://i48.tinypic.com/k7wu9.gif

http://i49.tinypic.com/547z2g.gif

Ghazi
You are 0-every year you try to predict the NBA champion. Do I need to bump some of your cavs dick sucking threads from the past two years to remind you?

No, but you can bump this thread after the Celtics win.

Sisk
05-28-2010, 10:32 PM
lol stewart scott just shit all over jon barry

fucking jon barry

j.dizzle
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Sons, If the Refs dont call ticky tack fouls on Ron Ron, then that series wont be half as tough as 2008. LMAO at VladRad & Luke Walton guarding Pierce in his prime.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Congratulations Rajon Rondo on your 2010 Finals MVP.

benefactor
05-28-2010, 10:36 PM
The All Gone Fishing Team fans had united as the Boston fans:lol
Some things are done out of duty. This is one of them.

ginobili's bald spot
05-28-2010, 10:37 PM
No, but you can bump this thread after the Celtics win.

Celtics = NBA champions

Ghazi = WSOP* Champion

* P as in pokemon, not poker.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 10:38 PM
I dominate both, son

Jacob1983
05-28-2010, 10:39 PM
The Lakers were favorites in the 2004 Finals. Everyone knows it. I can't recall any big time national media outlets picking the Pistons to that series back in 2004. It was a chokejob. I know it's hard for some fans of certain teams to admit defeat and admit that their team isn't invincible but it's true. And yes, I already know that the Mavs choked in 2006 and 2007 and other years.

Bob Lanier
05-28-2010, 10:41 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/S_oKDKzrI6I/AAAAAAAADfA/hGTcotdaAoQ/s1600/03.jpg

Bob Lanier
05-28-2010, 10:42 PM
The Lakers were favorites in the 2004 Finals.

It was a chokejob.
I'm not quite seeing the logic. The media, as it turns out, does not control reality.

ginobili's bald spot
05-28-2010, 10:48 PM
I dominate both, son

Dominating 5nl is nothing to brag about tbh.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 10:50 PM
:rolleyes

Son anytime anywhere on the virtual felts!

ginobili's bald spot
05-28-2010, 10:53 PM
:rolleyes

Son anytime anywhere on the virtual felts!

:lol I'm down. Name? Stakes? I play on Stars.

Ghazi
05-28-2010, 10:57 PM
i only play on ftp/cereus sons...

whats your game of choice?

D2Procon
05-28-2010, 11:04 PM

Thank you come again.

ginobili's bald spot
05-28-2010, 11:10 PM

I play NLHE. I've been thinking about stating to play some Omaha though since supposedly the games are pretty soft.

peteee
05-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I disagree with ghazi about 90% times but this time I have to cosign it. Lakers were the Champs last year so the Championship are predestined for the eastern qualifier, which is the Boston Celtics. Stern ain't letting one conference retain the O'Brien Trophy, which has been the rule since Spurs ended Lakers triple-championships run.

DazedAndConfused
05-29-2010, 12:19 AM
It's all about matchups.

The matchup situation in '08 was vastly different than what it will be now in '10.

Assuming the Lakers get past the Suns, you can pretty much throw away all of the advantages the Celtics enjoyed in '08.

-No more HCA
-No more Radmanovich/Walton guarding Pierce. We now have Ron Artest who will make Pierce work hard for his points
-No more Posey on Kobe. Now you have the Allen brothers, who aren't nearly as intimidating
-KG is not the same '08 KG
-Bynum can counter Perkins in the paint
-Boston's bench is significantly worse and undersized compared to '08

The only positive difference I see is the improved play of Rajon Rondo. Will it be enough to offset all of the areas they got worse? I don't think so.

crc21209
05-29-2010, 12:33 AM
It's all about matchups.

The matchup situation in '08 was vastly different than what it will be now in '10.

Assuming the Lakers get past the Suns, you can pretty much throw away all of the advantages the Celtics enjoyed in '08.

-No more HCA
-No more Radmanovich/Walton guarding Pierce. We now have Ron Artest who will make Pierce work hard for his points
-No more Posey on Kobe. Now you have the Allen brothers, who aren't nearly as intimidating

The only positive difference I see is the improved play of Rajon Rondo. Will it be enough to offset all of the areas they got worse? I don't think so.

1. Home-court advantage in the Finals is OVERRATED with the 2-3-2 format.
2. I think the MAJOR difference between last year's LA title team and this years LA team is that Ariza was a better fit for LA than Artest is. Ariza played his ass off on D, and made most, if not all of his wide open 3-point attempts during last years playoffs..something Artest hasnt been able to do this year.
3. True the C's do not have Posey to throw on Kobe, but you have to remember they used Pierce on Kobe for a good amount of time during that series as well, and he did a pretty damn good job.
4. True about KG not being the same, but then again...he wasnt a force to be reckoned with in that 08' Finals series to begin with anyway...he mostly roamed out on the perimeter by the FT line shooting jumpers anyway...Pierce was the Finals MVP, not KG.
5. Bynum might as well be on the bench again like he was in 08', because he has been pretty damn bad in these Playoffs anyway. The guy clearly isnt healthy, and occasionally he will have a good game..but he wont be THAT much of a difference maker this time around...
6. Boston's bench may not be as good as it was in 08', but Boston and LA's bench are somewhat even in this series. Boston has Sheed, T. Allen, Davis, and perhaps even Nate coming off the bench now. The Lakers have Odom, Farmar/Brown, and occasionally Walton and Vujacic....not the greatest bench in the world either...

Bob Lanier
05-29-2010, 12:37 AM
And who's going to score for the Lakers? Lost in the excitation about L.A.'s improved defense and the Perkins-stopper Bynum is the fact that their offensive efficiency has slipped dramatically over the past few years. It in fact is not "all about matchups," because Boston plays team defense very well. So no matter how bad a defender you believe Ray Allen to be, Bryant will not be scoring 40 points a game against Boston. Gasol's ability to focus is questionable. And the rest of the Lakers are the definition of unreliability.

As for the benches, Rasheed Wallace, Glen Davis, Tony Allen, and Nate Robinson do not compare unfavorably to James Posey, Leon Powe, Sam Cassell, and PJ Brown. Meanwhile the '08 Lakers trotted out Lamar Odom, Sasha Vujacic/Vlad Rad/Luke Walton, and Jordan Farmar; now they have Odom, Shannon Brown, and Farmar receiving almost all the bench minutes. I'm not seeing any bad matchups for the Celtics.

I'll agree with you about KG, and furthermore that Gasol is not the same as '08 Gasol, but all you have to do is be better than your opponent. The Lakers front line is big, but it's weak and it's soft. We'll see how they respond to Eastern Conference basketball.

Jacob1983
05-29-2010, 01:08 AM
The Celtics will beat the Lakers in the Finals because the Celtics have been the best team in the playoffs this year. They dominated the Heat, Cavs, and Magic. The Lakers could have lost to the Thunder in round and could lose to the Suns in the WCF.
The Celtics' dominance in the playoffs this year will be an advantage for them against the Lakers.

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 01:26 AM
It's all about matchups.

-No more HCA

By this logic the Celtics should've lost to the Cavs... and quite frankly, I thought they would.

But Boston is crominant.

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 01:28 AM
And who's going to score for the Lakers? Lost in the excitation about L.A.'s improved defense and the Perkins-stopper Bynum is the fact that their offensive efficiency has slipped dramatically over the past few years. It in fact is not "all about matchups," because Boston plays team defense very well. So no matter how bad a defender you believe Ray Allen to be, Bryant will not be scoring 40 points a game against Boston. Gasol's ability to focus is questionable. And the rest of the Lakers are the definition of unreliability.

As for the benches, Rasheed Wallace, Glen Davis, Tony Allen, and Nate Robinson do not compare unfavorably to James Posey, Leon Powe, Sam Cassell, and PJ Brown. Meanwhile the '08 Lakers trotted out Lamar Odom, Sasha Vujacic/Vlad Rad/Luke Walton, and Jordan Farmar; now they have Odom, Shannon Brown, and Farmar receiving almost all the bench minutes. I'm not seeing any bad matchups for the Celtics.

I'll agree with you about KG, and furthermore that Gasol is not the same as '08 Gasol, but all you have to do is be better than your opponent. The Lakers front line is big, but it's weak and it's soft. We'll see how they respond to Eastern Conference basketball.

Eastern Conference bball baby :danceclub

I think a healthy Bucks team and the Bobcats would give the lakers fits.. and thats not discrediting the Lakers.

thedong
05-29-2010, 01:30 AM
We stacked!

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 04:54 AM
And who's going to score for the Lakers? Lost in the excitation about L.A.'s improved defense and the Perkins-stopper Bynum is the fact that their offensive efficiency has slipped dramatically over the past few years.

This doesn't have much meaning in playoff basketball. You grind out your points during the post season since you have to work harder for each shot. This is why teams like Phoenix and Nellie Dallas get sent home every year. The Lakers have multiple post options and 3 big men that all finish well around the basket. #1 in paint points this post season. And using this example with the Lakers and not the Celtics is kinda funny.

Defense also breeds better offense. The Lakers didn't lose 08 finals with their offense. They could not get stops. Ron Artest chasing Pierce around will completely change the complexity of the series. Plus the fact that KG won't be able to roam freely all game when he's forced to man up Gasol for at least 20-25 min a game. Odom is also playing much better than he was 2 years ago, defense included. It's a confidence thing.

It in fact is not "all about matchups," because Boston plays team defense very well. So no matter how bad a defender you believe Ray Allen to be, Bryant will not be scoring 40 points a game against Boston. Gasol's ability to focus is questionable. And the rest of the Lakers are the definition of unreliability.

The Allen brothers a huge downgrade from Posey and Pierce. Kobe can easily post both Allens. Pierce and Posey were longer and bigger. Kobe in the mid-post can create much more freely than from the outer wing or top of the key.

Pierce, Allen and Rasheed are far from reliable this post season. All three have the tendency to disappear from games and if Sheed starts clanking 3's he won't even get burn.

Posey and Powe were huge factors in the 08 finals (lol @ Powe shooting more FT than the entire Lakers team in g2). Sasha, Vlad and Luke sucked shit and couldn't defend anything. Odom off the bench is already an upgrade on that front. The Lakers will be playing their core heavy minutes that's no secret - Pau, Ron and Kobe are built to play those big minutes. Whereas Boston might be forced to play a guy like Tony Allen over Ray Allen for defensive purposes.

We'll see how they respond to Eastern Conference basketball.

:lmao

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 04:58 AM
jeez 21... no "Bynum's playing this time" references at all?

Looks like you've seen the light :lol

:lmao Bynum

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Learn how to read Ghazi:

"Plus the fact that KG won't be able to roam freely all game when he's forced to man up Gasol for at least 20-25 min a game."

Perkins will be defending Bynum. :toast

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Oh thanks for picking the Celts Ghazi. You're the Lakers prophet these past two seasons. :lol

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Doesn't take much balls/wisdom to make this prediction.

I mean, jeez.. Lakers are not prepared physically or mentally for an Eastern Conference team that actually plays defense.

jeez... from undersized no defense teams like the Suns/Jazz to the Celtics. :wow :wow... and to think, the Suns are giving them all they can handle with a gimmick ass zone defense... :wow

That is, if the Lakers even make the Finals.

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 05:07 AM
:wow :wow :wow :wow
:flag:

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 05:08 AM
That is, if the Lakers even make the Finals.

Yeah if Dallas was in WCF like you predicted the Lakers would have been in the finals by now.

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 05:10 AM
21_Blessings in 2 weeks: If Bynum was healthy!!!! :cry :cry :Cry

DazedAndConfused
05-29-2010, 05:12 AM
Ghazi you realize your predictions have been dead wrong like 10x in a row now. You're becoming the John Hollinger of SpursTalk.

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 05:14 AM
I won't say "I told you so" when it happens. Saying Boston will beat the Lakers in the Finals is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.

I mean shit, Boston is 9-2 v the Lakers in the Finals after all :lol

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 05:14 AM
Ghazi a year from today: :cry :fishing :depressed

Muser
05-29-2010, 05:48 AM
21_Blessings in 2 weeks: If Bynum was healthy!!!! :cry :cry :Cry

:lmao

Chillen
05-29-2010, 05:53 AM
Actually wether Boston likes it or not if it's Lakers in the NBA finals representing the Western Conference if the Suns don't force a game 7 and win, the Lakers have to be the favorites in this series. Boston will be playing to try and unseat the Los Angeles Lakers if they beat Phoenix. So Boston in a way is the underdog if they play and this Celtics team so far is getting it done, I like their chances if the 2 teams play eachother. Lakers still have to beat Phoenix and the Suns are gonna try hard to play a game 7 in LA.

Ghazi
06-14-2010, 01:40 AM
just 1 win away...

just call me ghazSTRODAMUS

namlook
06-14-2010, 01:54 AM
I won't say "I told you so" when it happens. Saying Boston will beat the Lakers in the Finals is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow.

I mean shit, Boston is 9-2 v the Lakers in the Finals after all :lol

LMAO! The Celtics have one championship in the past 24 years.

HarlemHeat37
06-14-2010, 01:56 AM
How many ignore lists have the Celtics made in the last 24 years?..

Ghazi
06-14-2010, 01:57 AM
:lol

Giuseppe
06-14-2010, 02:03 AM
LMAO! The Celtics have one championship in the past 24 years.

Testify, Nam, testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiamiHeat
06-14-2010, 02:28 AM

LOLSDSDSD :lol:lol:lol

Shastafarian
06-14-2010, 02:32 AM

Sandy took his ignore list out of his signature. And here I was gonna vote for him for best sig...

Ghazi
06-18-2010, 01:51 AM
meh, only off by 5 points.

Killakobe81
06-18-2010, 02:05 AM
LOL yall bitches ass is bleeding right now ...

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 02:07 AM
grats Boston on your championship!

21_Blessings
06-18-2010, 01:08 PM
:bking

mavsfan1000
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Boston was the real champs. The refs had to get involved but the Mavs are the 2006 champs and the Celtics are the 2010 champs.

TheMACHINE
06-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Boston was the real champs. The refs had to get involved but the Mavs are the 2006 champs and the Celtics are the 2010 champs.

grats on your 2006 championship. you must be proud.

hope Boston enjoys thier real champ parade.

BeeGee
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
The hard parts over:lmao

TheMACHINE
09-19-2010, 10:28 AM
grats Boston on your championship!

Giuseppe
09-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Oh, yeah, we rang that f'in' bell.

At -13 with jacks & timbers we started back down.

Venti Quattro
09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
what the fuck is up with you guys bumping threads that are 3 months old? we're one week away from training camp yo.

Giuseppe
09-19-2010, 11:09 AM
^Because if Vug doesn't can those 2fts and Boston cans one at the buzzer, they'd be bumpin' threads 3 months old.

Ashy Larry
09-19-2010, 11:10 AM
^Because if Vug doesn't can those 2fts and Boston cans one at the buzzer, they'd be bumpin' threads 3 months old.

Basically .......

TheMACHINE
09-19-2010, 11:17 AM
what the fuck is up with you guys bumping threads that are 3 months old? we're one week away from training camp yo.

sons, if i wasnt a lazy ass...id be bumping this shit every day.

Giuseppe
09-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Kool covered this materiel the day after we rang. And he was absolutely dead on accurate. Acting all delicate and apologetic for winning an NBA Championship is what led us to the tragedies of '84 and backward. Not until Magic implored his charges and us fans to learn that lesson did we transcend our lot. The lion's share of us to this day still can't figure that out. As assholish as I am myself--I'm just as guilty. Mopin' around 24 hours after the fact, acting sensitive & mediocre. It took Kool to slap me upside the head, straighten me out & make me act like somebody. It was an invaluable lesson and a glorious legacy of what Magic Johnson accomplished in the years after that Summer of '84.

Kool Aid Man

DJ Mbenga
09-19-2010, 07:33 PM

that week isnt coming fast enough