PDA

View Full Version : It's simple: Kobe is the best player -- better than MVP LeBron

duncan228
05-28-2010, 10:32 PM
It's simple: Kobe is the best player -- better than MVP LeBron (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jack_mccallum/05/28/kobe/index.html)
Jack McCallum
SI.com

Where and when the Great Free Agent Summer Summit takes place no one is certain at the moment. Ambassador Dwyane Wade has called it, and, presumably, fellow diplomats LeBron James, Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh (the attendance of the Toronto Raptors forward would make this a truly international meeting (http://lebron-james-watch.si.com/2010/05/27/max-free-agents-to-make-joint-decision/)) will be there, too. We can only hope that a photographer is present to capture the moment, as one was at Yalta, where Roosevelt, Stalin and a fur-hatted Churchill famously met to figure out what the post-World War II world should look like, much as the future geography of the NBA will be sussed out this summer.

Meanwhile, a more isolationist-minded superpower named Kobe Bryant trudges on in this NBA postseason. Were the Los Angeles Lakers guard a free agent, I can't imagine that he would've accepted a seat at the summit, for in Kobe's world view ... well, there is no world view. There is what Kobe wants to do and nothing else. A summit is for others; Kobe will make his decisions in the solitude of self-reflection and, ultimately, arrive at them with certainty.

And so, as No. 24 laces them up for what could be a decisive Game 6 against the Suns in Phoenix on Saturday night, this would be a good time to remind everyone that, in many quarters, Bryant is now considered only the second-best player in the NBA.

Not in my book. Not yet. And probably not even next year, no matter where LeBron is playing.

The question of whether The King had surpassed The Kobester began to be asked quietly a couple seasons ago. Bryant was still the pick of most, but he engenders such enmity that many fans and journalists just couldn't wait until the NBA became LeBron's League. My own reading is that, by last season, a majority would've picked LeBron over Kobe, and after the Cleveland forward grabbed his second straight MVP award this season, that majority could be described as overwhelming.

Let me repeat: I was not one of them.

The idea that reputations are permanently made and permanently unmade in the postseason is uttered so often that we get tired of hearing it. But that doesn't mean it's false. It's the way it is. Cruel as it sounds, six months of sterling play can be erased by six weeks of mediocrity.

At this writing only a precious few insiders know exactly what happened to distract James during the Boston Celtics series. But something did. He let himself be taken out mentally, and not for the first time. By contrast, when throughout the 2003-04 season Bryant had to jet back and forth to Colorado for legal proceedings surrounding his sexual assault case, I never saw him turn off mentally. Of course it was a mental strain. He admitted as much. But on countless occasions he made big plays on the very days that he was traveling.

True, the Lakers did not win the title in the summer of 2004, but there were myriad problems with the franchise at that time: A war of wills between Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal (we see who won that one since Bryant is still there); the not-always-smooth integration of Karl Malone and Gary Payton into a lineup that had been fairly set; tensions between the front office and Phil Jackson, which, in this 360-world, might be happening again, a story for another day.

But let me propose another simply but often overlooked reason that Bryant remains superior to LeBron: Kobe is a better basketball player. Not a better athlete, which sometimes gets lost. A better basketball player. He dribbles better, passes better, has more ways to score and understands the game better. Which is not to say that LeBron is inferior in any of those areas. He is great. But he's not as good as Bryant.

When Kevin McHale was general manager in Minnesota, he used to complain that his scouts came back with reports like "jumps out of the gym" and "has running-back quickness." McHale used to tell them: "That's great if we're putting together a track team. But I'm looking for guys who can actually play basketball." (Feel free to make the obligatory mention that McHale was not an overwhelming success as an exec.)

The Suns are getting the whole Bryant basketball repertoire in this series. The absurd double-clutch jumper over Goran Dragic in the second quarter of Thursday's Game 5 win. The ridiculous three-minute span in the second quarter when he hit a 24-footer and two 25-footers to stretch the Lakers lead to 41-25. (The Suns call that shot "the rise-up." Bryant might be tightly guarded but he simply elevates above everyone and releases. It's unguardable, and he does it better than anyone ever, including Michael Jordan.)

The way that Bryant turned distributor in the fourth quarter when the Suns went fulltime to their vaunted 2-3 zone (which they had worked on for all of 15 minutes before unveiling it in the series), finding the dependable Derek Fisher in the corner and Lamar Odom down on the blocks. L.A. needed all of Bryant's game-high 30 points, 11 rebounds, and nine assists to hold on to the 103-101 Game 5 win. Had the scorekeeper been convinced that his fall-short turnaround jumper (that ended in Ron Artest's hands and the put-back miracle) was a pass, Bryant would've had a triple-double. Plus, he had four blocked shots.

To differentiate between Bryant and James, the Suns' Grant Hill, who has been charged with guarding both, turns to a baseball metaphor.

"LeBron has the pullup jumper and he takes you to the rim," said Hill. "He has the two pitches, and, trust me, both of them are great. But Kobe is like the guy with all the pitches. He brings his fastball, his change, gives you something on the corner. LeBron will overpower you but you might know what's coming. With Kobe, you're never comfortable."

There is also that ineffable something known as will. Earlier this season Orlando's feisty Matt Barnes was standing close to Bryant when he feigned throwing a ball at Bryant's face. Bryant never even flinched. "That scared me a little," Barnes said later. "I mean, that wasn't even human."

Perhaps LeBron wouldn't have flinched either, but the simple fact remains that he has flinched in several key spots between the lines. Around the NBA LeBron's skills are universally respected, but it's not just the media that wonders if he lacks the right stuff when he most needs it. "Hey, they say if a dog doesn't bark as a puppy," said one player who desired anonymity, "he doesn't bark when he gets older either."

Actually, the one place where Bryant has not barked quite as loudly over the years has been in Phoenix. In the first round of the 2006 playoffs at US Airways Center he all but quit in Game 7 when he stopped shooting and at one point said, as he strolled by the Suns bench, "They expect me to play with him at center?" (He was talking about Kwame Brown.) And going into Game 6 the Lakers have lots of issues. It will be on their mind that they frittered away an 18-point lead at home in Game 5. The Suns are destroying Andrew Bynum (who was MIA on Thursday night) on pick-and-rolls, and LA.'s strategy of switching high and having a big man pick up Steve Nash failed miserably in Game 5 when Nash had 29 points. Jackson has searched among his backcourt backups (Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic) for some solid play on the road and has not found it. Plus, the Suns are really good, really deep and really determined.

With all that in mind, Phoenix has to be considered the favorite in Game 6. I don't disagree and see a strong possibility there will be a Game 7 back in L.A. on Monday. But Bryant scored 36 and 38 points in the Games 3 and 4 road losses in this series of this I am certain: He senses the urgency in this road game will come out barking very, very loudly.

Jloyola
05-29-2010, 12:44 AM
duh

PGDynasty24
05-29-2010, 12:47 AM
And Danica Patrick is hot. Nothing new here

lefty
05-29-2010, 12:51 AM
But Jordan is better than Kobe

Much much much much much much better

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 12:51 AM
So badly missing a jumper and having a teammate bail you out makes you a better player?

shutup Tacker.

lefty
05-29-2010, 12:54 AM
So badly missing a jumper and having a teammate bail you out makes you a better player?
Dude it's L.A

Hollywood

You can write any scenario you want there

You can be better than Lebron

You can be a super hero, a serial killer, a cyborg, a gay cowboy, a Prince, a Prophet, a President, a soldier,a vampire, an Elf

Even a troll

Bob Lanier
05-29-2010, 12:54 AM
It's unguardable, and he does it better than anyone ever, including Michael Jordan.
So is Bryant a "better basketball player" than Michael Jordan, Mr. 7-seconds-or-less?

Jacob1983
05-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Kobe had to get a divorce from Shaq in order to be the best player on his team.

MiamiHeat
05-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Jack MacCallum, laker homer

got it.

j-money24
05-29-2010, 01:21 AM

At least he's not a quitter like LeBrick.

TE
05-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Kobe is a better player than Lebron. Period.

HOWEVER, I will still not put him ahead of Jordan. Simply because Jordan was much greater even after his prime. If Kobe can keep this up for two more years, he will be in that group. For now, he sniffs Jordan's jock. Simple as that.

MiamiHeat
05-29-2010, 03:48 AM
LeBron is the best player in the league. Period.

fixed it for you.

scanry
05-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Kobe is a better player than Lebron. Period.

HOWEVER, I will still not put him ahead of Jordan. Simply because Jordan was much greater even after his prime. If Kobe can keep this up for two more years, he will be in that group. For now, he sniffs Jordan's jock. Simple as that.

No one has and no should ever put ahead...

I've seen Jordan do all the things Kobe has and more, much more.

DAF86
05-29-2010, 04:22 AM
Who's this guy? even Lakers fans knowm that Lebron is better. Kobe isn't even the best player in his team right now.

Fabbs
05-29-2010, 07:51 AM
It's simple: Kobe is the best player -- better than MVP LeBron (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jack_mccallum/05/28/kobe/index.html)
Jack McCallum
SI.com

At this writing only a precious few insiders know exactly what happened to distract James during the Boston Celtics series. But something did. He let himself be taken out mentally, and not for the first time. By contrast, when throughout the 2003-04 season Bryant had to jet back and forth to Colorado for legal proceedings surrounding his sexual assault case, I never saw him turn off mentally. Of course it was a mental strain. He admitted as much. But on countless occasions he made big plays on the very days that he was traveling.
It's what uber selfish unfeeling sociopaths do.
Yet you pedestool it?

Had the scorekeeper been convinced that his fall-short turnaround jumper (that ended in Ron Artest's hands and the put-back miracle) was a pass, Bryant would've had a triple-double.
:rollin McCallum actually believes this?

Fabbs
05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Jack McCallum
SI.com

True, the Lakers did not win the title in the summer of 2004, but there were myriad problems with the franchise at that time: A war of wills between Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal (we see who won that one since Bryant is still there);
Yes we saw Shaq and DWade raise the trophy in 2006 while your boi was sub .500

And we saw Kobe me get his diapers changed (Gasol colluded in) in order to bail him out.

gawd what a homer.

dirk4mvp
05-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Who's this guy? even Lakers fans knowm that Lebron is better. Kobe isn't even the best player in his team right now.

The fuck? Are you kidding? Your international bias is a little on the weird side and a little disturbing. Do you hate America? Cuz someone who hates America would say something like Kobe isn't the best player on his team right now.

InK
05-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Kobe is beasting this Playoffs after the initial few games against OKC. The MJ comparisions are justifiable, he is really playing amazing right now. Don't know why its so important to make him look like a midget in comparision to MJ (they even seem to be the same brand od doushbag) to some of you ppl, just give props where they are due and move on.

elbamba
05-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Kobe is the best player in the league and in my opinion has been without argument since post 2007.

However from 2005-2007 Kobe gave up on LA. He was just as bad as Lebron. He even demanded to be traded. Duncan never threw the team under the bus and still wouldn't do it today. The front office has tried and failed miserably, but he still plays hard.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Kobe is playing against a freaking zone. A zone, a team so bad defensively that they're playing zones for the entire game. Previously he played the worst wing rotation in the playoffs, at least from a defensive standpoint. Carmelo Anthony also averaged 30 points per game vs. Utah.

The idea that Kobe has been even at LeBron James level in the last 3 years is just retarded. The only thing he does at the same level is scoring and he's not even close in terms of efficiency.

TheMACHINE
05-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Kobe is the best player in the league and in my opinion has been without argument since post 2007.

However from 2005-2007 Kobe gave up on LA. He was just as bad as Lebron. He even demanded to be traded. Duncan never threw the team under the bus and still wouldn't do it today. The front office has tried and failed miserably, but he still plays hard.

Maybe Duncan should so your team would start winning rings again.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Kobe is a better player than LebronPERIOD

There, that's better.

scanry
05-29-2010, 11:17 AM

Duncan is not the kind of a player who throws a team under the bus. However he'd probably demand a better supporting cast behind closed doors.

BTW i think quite a few Spurs fans have appreciation for Duncan for doing all the heavy lifting these past 12 years. Hey there's only so much this Generation's best player post the Jordan era can do (beat Kobe-Shaq twice in their prime single handily). :toast

scanry
05-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Lebron is a better player than Kobe at the moment, however Lebron isn't the kind of player who you'd want to run your offense through. It's just too predictable and really really stagnant. Part of the problem was Mike Brown though. He never made adjustments and gave Lebron too much of a free hand.

BTW the Lakers had that offensive flow last year, and it was really exciting to watch as a fan.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Duncan is not the kind of a player who throws a team under the bus.

But, he is the kind of a player who missplaces his walker and then lets Amare assist him to a new one.

scanry
05-29-2010, 11:30 AM
But, he is the kind of a player who missplaces his walker and then lets Amare assist him to a new one.

Hey the age is showing tbh. However Amare has been his man slave for the past 7 years though..

Duncan's got heart .. :hat

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:35 AM
But, a.) why let Amare help him to his feet? b.) why did the other Spurs....a.) not help him to his feet?..........and b.) let Amare help him to his feet?

Jacob1983
05-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Kobe is 4 for 6. Jordan was 6 for 6. Duncan is 4 for 4. Kobe isn't even close to Jordan.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Kobe is 4 for 6. Jordan was 6 for 6. Duncan is 4 for 4. Kobe isn't even close to Jordan.

But, a ring next month over the Celtics would permit Bryant to squeeze in right behind MJ, maybe lead to that fuck Collins droppin' over from a double coronary. You know, like God's will.

elbamba
05-29-2010, 12:45 PM

I'll take class instead. When was the last time you heard a Spurs fan actually Duncan at a game. In 2008 Lakers fans were doing it to Kobe.

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
It's what uber selfish unfeeling sociopaths do.
Yet you pedestool it?

:rollin McCallum actually believes this?
No he doesn't, he's only saying this to show how close Kobester was to a 30 point TripDub

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Kobe is playing against a freaking zone. A zone, a team so bad defensively that they're playing zones for the entire game. Previously he played the worst wing rotation in the playoffs, at least from a defensive standpoint. Carmelo Anthony also averaged 30 points per game vs. Utah.

The idea that Kobe has been even at LeBron James level in the last 3 years is just retarded. The only thing he does at the same level is scoring and he's not even close in terms of efficiency.
You say that like it's a shock...Melo is a Top 4 Scorer in the NBA

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Duncan is not the kind of a player who throws a team under the bus. However he'd probably demand a better supporting cast behind closed doors.

BTW i think quite a few Spurs fans have appreciation for Duncan for doing all the heavy lifting these past 12 years. Hey there's only so much this Generation's best player post the Jordan era can do (beat Kobe-Shaq twice in their prime single handily). :toast
1999 Kobe was definitely NOT prime Kobe you foolish fan

PGDynasty24
05-29-2010, 03:26 PM
1999 Kobe was definitely NOT prime Kobe you foolish fan

LOL 99 kobe was like 20 years old.Kevin Durant is 22 right now. So is durantula in his prime. 19 year old Kobe is not even close to prime

InK
05-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Lebron is a better player than Kobe at the moment, however Lebron isn't the kind of player who you'd want to run your offense through.

Contradicting yourself in the same sentance takes a special brand of skill.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 04:24 PM
-This guy said that Kobe was the best player in the NBA years ago as well..how could he be the best when his team was being eliminated in the 1st round and was blowing 3-1 leads?..personally, I don't buy those arguments, since they're team-oriented, but isn't this the logic being used against Lebron?..

-Why wasn't Lebron's "predictable" offense being mentioned in 2008, when he and his Cavs gave Boston more trouble than Kobe and the Lakers did during the playoffs?..where was Kobe's "all-around scoring" and post-up game at that time?..

-LOL @ using Kobe in 2003-2004 as an example..first of all, the fact that he put himself in that situation should be used against him..also, did he forget what happened in the 2004 Finals?..Kobe was chucking all game, taking some of the worst shots I've ever seen, leading to arguably the worst Finals performance for a star player in NBA history..

-Has everybody forgotten Kobe's many, many failures pre-collusion?..

-Kobe is having a dominant series here, but why are people failing to acknowledge that Phoenix was ranked 20-something in defense this season?(IIRC)..

-How do these people get paid to write this shit?..

duncan228
05-29-2010, 05:30 PM
LeBron was MVP, but Kobe is the King of Clutch (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ian_thomsen/05/28/countdown/index.html)
Ian Thomsen
SI.com

Kobe Bryant is No. 1. LeBron James was undoubtedly the regular-season MVP, and his talent is peerless. But when it comes to getting things done when all is otherwise lost, no one is better than Bryant. After reportedly having more than an ounce of fluid drained from his swollen right knee in the opening round of the playoffs, Bryant has averaged 32.5 points in his last 10 playoff games and has scored 295 points in nine games while shooting 52.4 percent. He has created 43 assists over the last four games.

If it were possible to quantify a statistic to recognize talent and focus on winning important games, no one would rank higher than Bryant. He went through those long mid-career seasons of being viewed as a failure against his potential. But that baggage was abandoned a couple of years ago. He is now cashing in relentlessly.

The Lakers had lost two in a row at Phoenix when 6-6 Bryant -- in his 1,211th career game -- found the energy to respond with 30 points, 11 rebounds, nine assists and four blocks. When it was time for the Lakers to make a big play around him, Ron Artest lunged across the lane to pluck a Bryant air-ball and bank in the game-winner at the buzzer to put the Lakers up 3-2 in the series.

Artest has sought validation all year from Bryant. He clearly wants to be viewed as a champion and a peer in Bryant's eyes. Bryant understands this and he has applied it to make the Artest experiment work thus far, to overcome all of the potential difficulties that have emerged throughout Artest's previous seasons. When Artest made that shot he instinctively turned away from his bench and ran to Bryant for a certifying hug. Their celebration says everything about Bryant's unique form of leadership, which is based on his ability to command respect.

Now think about James, who finds himself in the limbo of possibilities as he exercises his right to free agency amid frustration with his team's inability to reach the NBA Finals. Bryant was in the same frustrating place a few years ago when he demanded a trade in hope of forcing his way back into championship contention. Then the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol, and now Bryant is on the verge of a third straight run to the Finals and a second championship in a row.

Bryant needed years of experience to learn how to lead, and he also needed a proper blend of talent that could be led. At this moment he holds the advantage over James in both categories.

lefty
05-29-2010, 05:32 PM
Kobe doesn't have Mike Brown as a head coach

Thread closed

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 05:41 PM
So that article says that Kobe is the "king of clutch", but then he ends it by saying that Lebron was in the same place before Kobe acquired Gasol?..what's the point of saying that Kobe is the "king" then?..

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 06:35 PM
I'll take class instead. When was the last time you heard a Spurs fan actually Duncan at a game. In 2008 Lakers fans were doing it to Kobe.

By class you mean playoff failure. When was the last time the Lakers were swept out of the playoffs? :lol

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 07:16 PM
'04 Finals were basically a sweep, imo

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Um, 2005?..where they didn't even make the playoffs:lol..

BRHornet45
05-29-2010, 08:11 PM
son Kobe isn't even a top 15 player in the NBA right now. anyone who truly understands the game of basketball and who doesn't base their opinions on what ESPN tells them knows this. top 20? yes, but not in the top 15.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Um, 2005?..where they didn't even make the playoffs:lol..

That was like 3 NBA finals and two NBA championships ago. Living in the past :lol

BRHornet45
05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
That was like 3 NBA finals and two NBA championships ago. Living in the past :lol

LMAO! no son that was whenever Kobe was given the role as being the sole leader of the team and he simply couldn't handle it. Shaq was the ONLY reason for the Laker's success and once he left and Kobe choked as a leader it even added more proof to that. Then Gasol comes to town to lead the Lakers and guess what? all of a sudden the Lakers are a legit team again! ... son Kobe is nothing more than just a solid role player, with a selfish attitude. He owes everything in his career to Shaq and Gasol.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 09:19 PM
And CP3 owes his Gold medal to Kobe :lol

DAF86
05-29-2010, 10:18 PM
The fuck? Are you kidding? Your international bias is a little on the weird side and a little disturbing. Do you hate America? Cuz someone who hates America would say something like Kobe isn't the best player on his team right now.

Do you hate America too? Cuz someone who hates America would say something like Dirk is a better basketball player than Garnett.

namlook
05-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Anyone watch game 6 of Lakers/Suns? Kobe proved tonight why he is still the best player in the NBA.

lefty
05-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Shit ok

Kobe is better

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
He proved it by killing the 20 something ranked defense in the NBA?..

If he does it against Boston, I'll listen..

DAF86
05-29-2010, 10:39 PM
What would people say when he once again shoots 40% from the field in the finals?

namlook
05-29-2010, 10:42 PM
What would people say when he once again shoots 40% from the field in the finals?

Doesn't matter what he shoots as long as he picks up trophy #5.

Champs15
05-29-2010, 10:45 PM
"Kobe is the best player, the best closer" - Reggie Miller

DAF86
05-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Doesn't matter what he shoots as long as he picks up trophy #5.

So if Lakers win the ship but Kobe sucks monkey ass, does that mean that Kobe is the best player in the NBA?

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 10:52 PM
So if Lakers win the ship but Kobe sucks monkey ass, does that mean that Kobe is the best player in the NBA?

Only Kobe fans care about "the best player in the NBA" label, mr.manu>dirk.

As long as the lakers win number 16, kobe's legacy will only grow.

Medvedenko
05-29-2010, 10:52 PM
He proved it by killing the 20 something ranked defense in the NBA?..

If he does it against Boston, I'll listen..

I've been on this board for 6 years, and I've seen a lot of haters and doubters. You my son, are the most retarded of them all. Kobe's games keep owning you over and over and over. Quit posting, because you don't anything about players, strategy and talent. What an embarrassment to this site.

DAF86
05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Only Kobe fans care about "the best player in the NBA" label, mr.manu>dirk.

As long as the lakers win number 16, kobe's legacy will only grow.

Then 90% of Lakers fans are actually Kobe fans.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 10:57 PM
I've been on this board for 6 years, and I've seen a lot of haters and doubters. You my son, are the most retarded of them all. Kobe's games keep owning you over and over and over. Quit posting, because you don't anything about players, strategy and talent. What an embarrassment to this site.

Links??..

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Then 90% of Lakers fans are actually Kobe fans.

Just like 100% of argies are really manu fans.

Medvedenko
05-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Links???..

Links...how about the one you just posted regarding DFish as more important than Kobe.

Fuck Off.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Links...how about the one you just posted regarding DFish as more important than Kobe.

Fuck Off.

That's your best link?..the thread where I said it was a troll/baiter thread?..

Please..

Medvedenko
05-29-2010, 11:03 PM
That's your best link?..the thread where I said it was a troll/baiter thread?..

Please..

Seriously, retire, you bring absolutely Zero to this site. Stick to the Spurs only forum and troll there.

DAF86
05-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Just like 100% of argies are really manu fans.

So? How does that refute my point? ... besides you will see that after Manu retires, lots of the Argies will remain Spurs fans and will be posting on this board.

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 11:05 PM
So? How does that refutes my point? ... besides you will see that after Manu retires, lots of the Argies will remain Spurs fans and will be posting on this board.

Wasn't trying to refute your point, I just think that an argy who thinks manu>dirk should not be talking about bandwagoners. Argies with their CoM are as bad as kobe fans.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Seriously, retire, you bring absolutely Zero to this site. Stick to the Spurs only forum and troll there.

LOL Kobe = Jordan, unquantifiable arguments, personal attacks due to lack of knowledge in regards to arguing about basketball..

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
LOL Kobe = Jordan, unquantifiable arguments, personal attacks due to lack of knowledge in regards to arguing about basketball..

Sons you are actually a damn good poster. Sure you are a bit obsessive with kobe ala miamiheat/chris richards, but then again every poster has his weaknesses.

God bless sons.

Gouken
05-29-2010, 11:12 PM
RealSkipBayless (http://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless)
Please, no more talk about how LeBron is now NBA's best player. Not even close. When it really counts, he's not even in Kobe's league.

http://twitter.com/REALSKIPBAYLESS

TD 21
05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Give the bastard credit. He played out of his mind in this series. I've watched him play hundreds of times and honestly, this may be the best stretch of ball he's ever played, particularly when you consider the stakes. What a turnaround from how he looked late in the season to start the playoffs. From the worst he's played in over a decade to arguably the best he's ever played.

Unfortunately, like the game winners this season, this will now inflate his legacy even more so. People will pretend as if that's how he always plays, when informed fans know full well it isn't.

As for Mr. Most Skilled Big Man, he once again proved what a joke he really is. When the going got tough, he vanished into thin air and had to be bailed out by a true go-to guy.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Please, no more talk about how LeBron is now NBA's best player. Not even close. When it really counts, he's not even in Kobe's league.

Skip Bayless? nooo LOL..

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 11:16 PM
BTW, I've been giving Kobe credit all week..he's been completely dominant in these past 2 series'..

I'm perceived as a hater when I reply to people that exaggerate, so then there's the perception that I don't give Kobe any credit..

DAF86
05-29-2010, 11:16 PM

People get too caught up ¡n the moment. Lebron doesn't have an out of this world playoffs series for the first time since the '07 finals and everybody is ready too throw him under the bus. If Kobe doesn't have a good series against the Celtics and the Lakers lose, expect all this "Kobe > Lebron" talk to go away too.

Medvedenko
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Give the bastard credit. He played out of his mind in this series. I've watched him play hundreds of times and honestly, this may be the best stretch of ball he's ever played, particularly when you consider the stakes. What a turnaround from how he looked late in the season to start the playoffs. From the worst he's played in over a decade to arguably the best he's ever played.

Unfortunately, like the game winners this season, this will now inflate his legacy even more so. People will pretend as if that's how he always plays, when informed fans know full well it isn't.

As for Mr. Most Skilled Big Man, he once again proved what a joke he really is. When the going got tough, he vanished into thin air and had to be bailed out by a true go-to guy.

This

gmartin02
05-30-2010, 12:39 AM
son Kobe isn't even a top 15 player in the NBA right now. anyone who truly understands the game of basketball and who doesn't base their opinions on what ESPN tells them knows this. top 20? yes, but not in the top 15.Troll fail once again BRHornet - your bitterness and bias are only topped by your complete idiocy.

BRHornet45
05-30-2010, 12:50 AM

as if shooting 40% from the field is something to be proud of? average, yes ... but son that is not impressive by any means.

BRHornet45
05-30-2010, 12:56 AM
sons in no particular order, the top 15 best players in the NBA right now ...

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
D-Wade
Dwight Howard
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Brandon Roy
Paul Pierce
Joe Johnson
Tim Duncan
Chris Bosh
Steve Nash
Carmello Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Pau Gasol

---------------------

Honorable Mention of Players deserving of a top 20ish spot ...

Derrick Rose
Chris Kaman
Kobe Bryant
David Lee
Tony Parker

Vertical
05-30-2010, 02:22 AM
pretty funny b.r...:lmao:lmao

Ghazi
05-30-2010, 02:23 AM
not really, faggots just butthurt that his underwater citys superstar isnt actually a superstar

LMAO 121-63

LMAO Pargo 13 4th quarter shots

Pelicans78
05-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Kobe is the best scorer in the league. Not quite the playmaker as Lebron, but Kobe can score at will something Lebron cannot do since he doesn't have a consistent post game or mid-range jumper.

Wade puts up gaudy numbers, but he needs to start winning more in the playoffs. He needs more help obviously and probably will get it this offseason.

Pelicans78
05-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Dirk's not a superstar either. He's an All-Star player, but not a guy worth of being a max player since he's not a superstar, at least not anymore. Maybe he was from 2005-2007, but those days are gone. Needs to take a massive paycut in order to be part of a championship team. Needs to be the second best player on a team. That's where Lebron comes in.