PDA

View Full Version : The Celtics aren't beating the Lakers

DazedAndConfused
05-29-2010, 12:28 AM
It's almost as if you morons don't do one ounce of analysis before you past half of the retarded shit that comes from the pebbles you call brains.

The NBA is all about matchups. It doesn't matter how many games you won, how confident you are, or how well you are playing. If you don't matchup well against another team you will have a hard time beating them 4/7 times.

Unfortunately for Boston, they simply don't matchup as well against the Lakers as they did in '08. I'll run you through the main mismatches they enjoyed in '08

-Radmanovich/Walton guarding Pierce for the majority of the game
-Gasol having to guard Perkins
-Odom having to guard KG
-Pierce/Posey guarding Kobe
-Veteran bench vs. inexperienced Laker bench
-Celtics HCA

Now lets run those matchups again and compare them to present day:

-Artest guarding Pierce for the majority of the game
-Bynum guarding Perkins
-Gasol guarding KG
-Allen brothers guarding Kobe
-Odom going up against undersized Boston bench
-Lakers HCA

The only mismatch I see is Rondo vs. whomever LA puts up against him. That isn't going to be enough to swing the series IMHO. He's good, but not that good. The Lakers will gladly let Rondo play scorer all game as long as nobody else goes off.

lefty
05-29-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank you so much for reversing Ghazi's jinx thread :tu

JamStone
05-29-2010, 12:35 AM
So they'll be beating the Suns then?

j-money24
05-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Perkins will abuse Bynum.. That's another advantage for them..

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 01:30 AM
HCA doesn't mean shit. See the ECSF and ECF for reference.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 01:37 AM
Saying Bynum is an advantage :lmao

ezau
05-29-2010, 01:39 AM
lol Bynum

TE
05-29-2010, 01:54 AM
It's almost as if you morons don't do one ounce of analysis before you past half of the retarded shit that comes from the pebbles you call brains.

The NBA is all about matchups. It doesn't matter how many games you won, how confident you are, or how well you are playing. If you don't matchup well against another team you will have a hard time beating them 4/7 times.

Unfortunately for Boston, they simply don't matchup as well against the Lakers as they did in '08. I'll run you through the main mismatches they enjoyed in '08

-Radmanovich/Walton guarding Pierce for the majority of the game
-Gasol having to guard Perkins
-Odom having to guard KG
-Pierce/Posey guarding Kobe
-Veteran bench vs. inexperienced Laker bench
-Celtics HCA

Now lets run those matchups again and compare them to present day:

-Artest guarding Pierce for the majority of the game
-Bynum guarding Perkins
-Gasol guarding KG
-Allen brothers guarding Kobe
-Odom going up against undersized Boston bench
-Lakers HCA

The only mismatch I see is Rondo vs. whomever LA puts up against him. That isn't going to be enough to swing the series IMHO. He's good, but not that good. The Lakers will gladly let Rondo play scorer all game as long as nobody else goes off.

You are a fucking idiot. Bynum is injured, so he will be relatively inaffective. Tony Allen can guard the best out there and he actually gives scorers like Kobe a problem(in some way, shape, or form, I still see Kobe getting his points, but they will come at a hard price). Gasol and KG even out. Odom will probably dominate the Boston undersized bench, however, if he is to guard KG, he can't worth a squat. Lakers do have HCA, but I don't think that matters to the Celtics. They've won on the road before. They are a championship team as are the Lakers. So stfu and stop asserting false Laker advantages. Typical Laker fan who knows nothing about basketball, yet talks like all the advantage goes to the Lakers. :bang

LnGrrrR
05-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Rasheed isn't THAT much smaller than Odom. Neither is Big Baby for that matter.

hitmanyr2k
05-29-2010, 02:42 AM
For the entire playoffs the Lakers have been living off 2nd chance points and the fact that none of these soft midget western conference teams match up with their bigs. That advantage is over now. Boston's length and physical frontline negate LA's advantage in the paint. And I predict Gasol will lose his voice by Game 3 from excessive verbal flopping.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 02:53 AM
If Rondo plays lights out, then Boston has a chance. Otherwise, LA's going to roll.

Lars
05-29-2010, 02:55 AM
So if Boston wins in five that means last year is an * right?

Jacob1983
05-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Last year's could be an asterisk since KG didn't play in the playoffs last year. The Celtics were not at full strength. They didn't really get to defend their title last year when you think about it.

Vash01
05-29-2010, 03:04 AM
As of today/ this morning (it's Saturday already), the Celtics are not beating the Lakers because Lakers have not made it to the NBA finals yet. Anything can happen. The only certainty right now is that Celtics are in the NBA finals.

DazedAndConfused
05-29-2010, 05:09 AM
'08 is an asterisk as well.

No Bynum and no Ariza for LAL.

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 05:11 AM
'08 is an asterisk as well.

No Bynum and no Ariza for LAL.

Ariza played, last I checked

and Bynum is a bum.

Muser
05-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Yeah, L.A could of really used that 6/5 in 2008.

kobyz
05-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Boston could look at the Suns and how their zone defense disturb the Lakers and use that but a lot better, the Celtics could be fantastic at zone defense cause they have great basketball IQ, Garnett could be monster at zone defense and also Rondo.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Maybe they're playing Phoenix?

These comparisons to other years are so absurd. Cavs fans also thought they'd beat Boston easily for the exact same reasons - "they had HCA advantage in 2008 and now we're much better, bla, bla, bla". Doesn't work that way, especially because people tend to do a lot of revisionist story and many fans simply don't know other teams well enough. This post is a great example of that.

LA will struggle mighty with Boston because their offense relies on the post game+Kobe isos which is stuff Boston can defend pretty well and they lack penetration game+3 points shooting that give Boston troubles.

Nahtanoj
05-29-2010, 06:33 AM

Ariza came off a broken foot and played limited minutes. What-if games are pointless anyway, they're for loser franchises with no title.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/arizatr01/gamelog/2008/

The Lakers' only concern at the moment should be Game 6.

pauls931
05-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Come on Suns!!! Nothing would ruin sterns day more than neither LBJ or Kobe making the finals. :downspin:

D-Wade #3
05-29-2010, 07:17 AM

The NBA is all about matchups..

And you don't remember that viscious ass pounding that Boston performed on L.A. last time? You started this thread to convince yourself that it won't happen again, but it's obvious your butthole is getting tight

LkrFan
05-29-2010, 10:42 AM

and Bynum is a bum.
Bynum >>>> Brenda and Erica

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Boston could look at the Suns and how their zone defense disturb the Lakers and use that but a lot better

Uh, uh, Rivers would never stoop to the zone. He'd lose all respect for himself and from his charges and Celtic fans.

jag
05-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Bynum >>>> Brenda and Erica

It's sad when you're hoping and praying your center is better than Dampier. What's funny is that he hasn't been better than dampier.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:08 AM
....though he did best Howard less than a year ago for #15.

BUMP
05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
:lol

Nobody is beating Boston this year. This Laker fan is obvioulsy retarded. Phx actually has a better chance against Boston than LA.

Boston just curbstomped LA two years ago and adding 4/4 Bynum is only going to hurt them. What a dumbass :lmao

Boston in 5 easily

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I don't do predictions. It's my religion, but, the Suns will be our stiffest competition.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Luva/per usual/our very finest.

florige
05-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Come on Suns!!! Nothing would ruin sterns day more than neither LBJ or Kobe making the finals. :downspin:

This thread would go down as a classic if you guys can pull off the comeback against these arrogant jerks.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Boston in 5 it won't be all that close. Defense wins Championships.

florige
05-29-2010, 11:46 AM
:lol

Nobody is beating Boston this year. This Laker fan is obvioulsy retarded. Phx actually has a better chance against Boston than LA.

Boston just curbstomped LA two years ago and adding 4/4 Bynum is only going to hurt them. What a dumbass :lmao

Boston in 5 easily

No,no Artest is going to make all things right.

kobyz
05-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Uh, uh, Rivers would never stoop to the zone. He'd lose all respect for himself and from his charges and Celtic fans.

whats up with Americans, why they think zone defense is a shame? it could be very intelligent defense.

Jacob1983
05-29-2010, 11:53 AM
What happens if the Lakers don't make it to the Finals this year? Yes, I already know the Mavs lost in 2006 against the Heat in the Finals. They choked. And they choked in 2007. And this year too.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:53 AM
whats up with Americans, why they think zone defense is a shame? it could be very intelligent defense.

The Suns are entitled to run it, they've no identity, no past to abide, no reputation to uphold, no credo to maintain. They're O & 41 for Christ sakes.

But, the Celtics? Uh, uh. It'd be humiliating.

Capt Bringdown
05-29-2010, 12:02 PM
It seems there's no joy in Lakertown, as a familiar fear takes hold: the Celtics are coming to town.

But wait, they need to take care of business and remove all doubt by finishing off the Suns. If they can't, and they're forced to a game 7...

Ignorant Spurs fan
05-29-2010, 12:15 PM
What happens if the Lakers don't make it to the Finals this year?

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mav Fan and uttering the word "Finals" in the same sentence is pure irony. Are you sure you want to go there MavFan?

Do you remember what happened when you made it to the Finals? I'll give you a hint

http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/dwyane-wade-of-the-miami-heat.jpg

And the year after?

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/344220/p1.jason.richardson.si.jpg

And the year after that?

http://c.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/nowitzki_tapmain.jpg

Does it ever end for the CHOKEricks??:lmao:lmao:lmao

P.S. How'd the Devin Harris trade work out? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DazedAndConfused
05-29-2010, 12:25 PM
The Celtics simply don't have a chance against LA. Since '08 their record against us is 1-3, their only win coming in a game in which Bryant didn't play.

Lakers are taking the Finals in 6.

j.dizzle
05-29-2010, 12:28 PM
3 main things if its Bos/LA..
1. Artest will be very physical with Pierce & make him work. 2008 was basically a red carpet to his favorite spots & to the rim.
2. Pau will get to guard KG this time around & his length & will bother him. KG is basically a 15-18 foot jumpshooter now so it wont be that difficult. Cle basically lost their series cuz Rondo penetrated at will & KG could get whatever he wanted vs Jamison.
3. No more Posey guarding Kobe. Tony Allen might be a pretty good defender but its a lot easier to shoot over him plus his ankle is hurt. Pierce probably wont guard Kobe as much cuz they'll need his energy on O.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:05 PM

Kobe can defend Rondo and has done a good job on him in the past. Let Fish chase Allen around all those screens.

The great thing about Ron is Kobe won't have to slide down and guard Pierce's chubby ass.

spursfan1000
05-29-2010, 02:19 PM
This series could go either way IMO. If Celtics want to win Ray Allen needs to be a spark in this series, he needs to make Kobe work on defense, because Artest will be guarding Pierce the majority of the time. If Lakers want to win Bynum and Artest need to show up on the defensive end, neither can afford to get into foul trouble.

spursfan1000
05-29-2010, 02:19 PM
Kobe can defend Rondo and has done a good job on him in the past. Let Fish chase Allen around all those screens.

The great thing about Ron is Kobe won't have to slide down and guard Pierce's chubby ass.

Rondo will make Kobe work more then Allen IMO.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Rondo will make Kobe work more then Allen IMO.

No he won't, Kobe hates running through screens. He'll force Rondo to beat the Lakers with his jumper.

LnGrrrR
05-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Who's Fisher guarding?

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 02:43 PM
poor 21..... so scared he has to convince HIMSELF the Lakers matchup well against the Celtics.

Well I ain't buyin it.

Backdoor fucking sweep :lobt:

Vash01
05-29-2010, 02:45 PM
I find it amusing, this whole talk about the Celtics/Lakers finals. The western conference champion has not been decided yet. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Well I ain't buyin it.

Praise be to Allah. We all know what happens when you pick against the Lakers.

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Perkins will abuse Bynum.. That's another advantage for them..

Saying Bynum is an advantage :lmao

lol Bynum
These. I'm so tired of his injured ass. Pipe dream but since Bosh wants to come here (1 of his 5 choices), we should Sign and Trade Drew for Bosh!

Baseline
05-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Seriously, how are the Lakers going to beat Boston?

a. Bryant will be facing a real defense who knows how to shut him down.
b. Gasol will be facing a real defender who can contain him one on one.
c. Fisher will be guarded by Rondo, not Nash.
d. Fisher will have to chase either Rondo or Allen around all game, so he may just have a coronary.
e. Pierce can guard Bryant one-on-one and contain him. Tony Allen can also spend time on Bryant one-on-one. This series will not be a free pass for Bryant like the Phoenix series.
f. Bryant will have to chase around either Rondo or Allen all game, so he'll have far less in the tanke for the offensive end.
g. Odom's length will be less of a factor against Boston.
h. LA has five players, but how many of those five will actually play well in a given game? Maybe three of them?
i. Boston has the Big 4, plus three other guys who can get you 15-17 in a given night (Sheed, Baby, and Tony Allen)
j. Boston has an X-Factor that LA doesn't have. Nate - who can get you 13 in a big hurry, or 20 on a given night.
k. Because of Boston's size, Bynum is a total non-factor. That means LA will have to rely on Odom, and relying on Odom is ver a good thing. Odom will deliver maybe twice in a 7-game series.
l. Artest will do nothing on the offensive end, as he'll be gassed from guarding Pierce.
m. Boston just has too many weapons, and they know how to play. They are not "overmatched" like Phoenix is
n. Boston makes the soft Lakers cry, and they will make them cry again.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Can we stop pretending Kobe would be man enough to try to guard Paul Pierce?

Never was. No balls for that. Preferred to see his team getting destroyed by Pierce while roaming off Rondo and guarding Eddie House. One of the most disgustingly coward things I've ever seen as a basketball fan.

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Can we stop pretending Kobe would be man enough to try to guard Paul Pierce?

Never was. No balls for that. Preferred to see his team getting destroyed by Pierce while roaming off Rondo and guarding Eddie House. One of the most disgustingly coward things I've ever seen as a basketball fan.

more cowardly than garnett picking on white pg's?

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 03:32 PM
more cowardly than garnett picking on white pg's?

Garnett picks on everybody. He picked on Dwight Howard yesterday, didn't you notice?

Be assured he'll punk some Lakers player if you're lucky enough to beat Phoenix even if you don't have a white PG on the roster.

And Kobe, once again, will let it go and won't stand up for his teammates.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
As for the "we now have X" and "Y matches up well with Z", we all remember what Lakers fans were saying before the 2008 finals. They were unbeatable. Just like they were in 1969. They even had a nickname for their unstopabble and formidable bench. What was it? The mob bench?

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:34 PM
Seriously, how are the Lakers going to beat Boston?

a. Bryant will be facing a real defense who knows how to shut him down.Superstars can be slowed, but never shut-down. RayRay and Tony Allen aren't great Man defenders, though I will give you the Celtics team D being great.
b. Gasol will be facing a real defender who can contain him one on one.KG cannot contain Gasol, he hasn't done it before and he won't do it now.
c. Fisher will be guarded by Rondo, not Nash. It's not like Derek was going to be a focal point driving to the basket anyway, he'll be spot up shooting, and rest assured he will get open and hit big shots as always.
d. Fisher will have to chase either Rondo or Allen around all game, so he may just have a coronary.Ray for sure, Kobe won't be chasing that much that's for sure. He'll get tired but he can rest on offense which requires him to merely spot up and shoot.
e. Pierce can guard Bryant one-on-one and contain him. Tony Allen can also spend time on Bryant one-on-one. This series will not be a free pass for Bryant like the Phoenix series.Pierce can't at his age, and he will need to save his energy for offense where he can try not to get wrecked by RonRon, Tony Allen cannot guard Mamba.
f. Bryant will have to chase around either Rondo or Allen all game, so he'll have far less in the tanke for the offensive end.Rondo, and he will merely sag way off Rondo because he can't shoot, the Lakers have almost always put Kobe on Rondo to save his energy, this will continue.
g. Odom's length will be less of a factor against Boston.His length is always a factor, Boston will be no different.
h. LA has five players, but how many of those five will actually play well in a given game? Maybe three of them?So you're saying some Laker players will have bad games? Imagine That! I guess Celtics players NEVER have off games...
i. Boston has the Big 4, plus three other guys who can get you 15-17 in a given night (Sheed, Baby, and Tony Allen) Lakers have Kobe (Better than any of the Big 4), and Pau (Better than Pierce, Ray,and KG), and Lamar (As good as KG when he comes to play, which he will, just remember the Orlando Finals), Derek (Clutch!), and Ron (Defensive stopper extraordinaire, watch out Wheelchair).
j. Boston has an X-Factor that LA doesn't have. Nate - who can get you 13 in a big hurry, or 20 on a given night. *Cough* Lamar *Cough*
k. Because of Boston's size, Bynum is a total non-factor. That means LA will have to rely on Odom, and relying on Odom is very a good thing. Odom will deliver maybe twice in a 7-game series.Watch last years Finals again bud, then say Odom won't be a factor, he was huge for us then and he will be now. Bynum sucks though I agree.
l. Artest will do nothing on the offensive end, as he'll be gassed from guarding Pierce.Again you don't need to have tons of energy to catch and shoot, which is what he'll be doing, unfortunately he's been inconsistent with his shooting. Butmake no mistake he'll do a great job on Wheelchair.
m. Boston just has too many weapons, and they know how to play. They are not "overmatched" like Phoenix is So do the LakeShow bud
n. Boston makes the soft Lakers cry, and they will make them cry again.Ohhh clever

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 03:36 PM
mogrovejo doin work :lol

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Anyone who believes Posey was a better defender in 2008 than Tony Allen is now, especially versus a small-guard like Kobe, simply has no clue about basketball.

It's like 2008 all over again when their bench was far superior to ours and the Cs would have nobody able to check on Kobe. Lakers fans are hugely ignorant about the rest of the league, it's amazing.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Wait, I think it was the mob bench, not the bench mob.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Posey defends Kobe way better than Tony Allen does. It's a fact.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Posey defends Kobe way better than Tony Allen does. It's a fact.

The same way it was a fact that Boston was done and that the bench mob in 2008 was the best bench in the NBA. Now, 2 years later, the story from Lakers fans is that they had no supporting cast. Pathetic.

Posey didn't even defend Kobe that well in 2008. He was the 3rd best Kobe defender in that series.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Lakers had two starters from their 09 champ team injured during the 08 finals. Also a fact.

You only have about 6 more days mog. Better get it all in now :lol

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Funny how now it was so obvious the Lakers would have no chance in 2008 and there are so many excuses. The day before the series began, Lakers fans - and, in all fairness, not only them - were overwhelming convinced they'd dominate at will. I wonder where all those Lakers fans went, it seems now every one of them knew they had no chance.

Have you ever seen me talking crap or putting up some bravado here? I don't do that. The fact the Celtics are involved doesn't change anything in the way I see things.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Somebody post the picture of all the ESPN "experts" picking LA to win the series :lol..

TampaDude
05-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Hey, Lakers...get by the Suns first before you start yapping about the Finals.

BUMP
05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Lakers had two starters from their 09 champ team injured during the 08 finals. Also a fact.

You only have about 6 more days mog. Better get it all in now :lol

one of them is gone and one of them is sucking horribly :lmao:lmao:lmao

Sad thing is, Kobe will probly go off once he realizes his team can't win just to protect his image just to be like "Hey I did my part"

Its pretty sad to see Laker fans actually think they have a chance, but then again they are the dumbest fans on this board. Let's just say this will be pretty entertaining to see it all unravel..............................if they can even get by Phoenix :lol

LakerHater
05-29-2010, 06:10 PM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r225/Caseybaby21/kobeceltics.jpg

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm not going to comment on Bump's post, other than to say that you're being really generous by limiting your insult to Laker fans by saying just "this board"..it's pretty safe to say that you could say Laker fans in are just the dumbest fans in general TBH..

hitmanyr2k
05-29-2010, 06:16 PM
If the Lakers are gonna beat the Celtics this will have to be Gasol's coming out party. He's been playing great throughout the playoffs but against soft, undersized punks who play no defense whatsover in Boozer, Stoudemire and I can't even remember what scrub he played against on the Thunder. The Celtics frontline is the type of beast Gasol hasn't faced in a LONG time. This is the series where he'll have a chance to shed that Gasoft label.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 06:17 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SFlSb2Vme1I/AAAAAAAAB6k/X7AaTEhIzrw/s400/espn_celtics_lakers_predictions_2008.JPG

LakerHater
05-29-2010, 06:27 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WAi2txkagVM/SFlSb2Vme1I/AAAAAAAAB6k/X7AaTEhIzrw/s400/espn_celtics_lakers_predictions_2008.JPG
Guess thats good news!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/107536697.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1275176606&Signature=mO8uQ1URoaShPGWRpHVnCSQ72Wk%3D

redzero
05-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Posey gave up 48 fucking points to Vince Carter. At this point, I would rather have Peja guard the opposing team's star wingmen than I would Posey.

mogrovejo
05-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Posey was never that good as an individual, 1x1 defender vs. short guards with a driving game. In his prime, he was a superb team defender + very good individual defender vs. slower, long 3s and perimeter 4s + very good rebounder.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 06:39 PM

I thought the Celtics were closer to even in 2008??? Guess that curbstomping altered how I remembered the series. :lol

DazedAndConfused
06-15-2010, 11:34 PM
bump

namlook
06-15-2010, 11:42 PM
I thought the Celtics were closer to even in 2008??? Guess that curbstomping altered how I remembered the series. :lol

The Celtics won 66 games in 2008. The Lakers had no Bynum and an injured Ariza. It's amazing that so many media "experts" picked against the Celtics in 2008.