PDA

View Full Version : To all you atheists out there.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 09:32 AM
How do you believe in something that isn't proven yet? How do you say that something came out of nothing and decided to shit out humans and apes?

Dr. Gonzo
05-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Religious Debate Thread!!!

Drachen
05-29-2010, 09:52 AM
How do you believe in something that isn't proven yet? How do you say that something came out of nothing and decided to shit out humans and apes?

This is the funny catch 22 part of any religion v. atheism debate; These questions can be asked by both sides, to both sides. You are not clever by asking these questions.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 10:00 AM
This is the funny catch 22 part of any religion v. atheism debate; These questions can be asked by both sides, to both sides. You are not clever by asking these questions.

No but it makes sense to say that something comes out of something than to say something came out of nothing.

Drachen
05-29-2010, 10:02 AM
ok, let me ask you the exact same questions, but from the other side:
How do you believe in something that isn't proven yet? How do you say that something came out of nothing and decided to shit out a God?

DarkReign
05-29-2010, 10:09 AM
No but it makes sense to say that something comes out of something than to say something came out of nothing.

...and if its proven that aliens have been visitin Earth for millenia, would you reconsider your position?

I doubt it.

BTW, Big Bang Theory does not say "something from nothing". A more apt description would be "everything from everything condensed".

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 10:11 AM
How do you believe in something that isn't proven yet? How do you say that something came out of nothing and decided to shit out a God?

You know what you can keep saying that something shat out something that shat out something that shat out something that shat out god. Keep going up the stairs. The fact is there is something someone who has control over everything. That makes more sense then to say NOTHING came out of something. By saying there is something that led to god etc you believe that there was an external influence a diety of some sort.

peteee
05-29-2010, 10:11 AM
shit out a God... :lol

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 10:13 AM
...and if its proven that aliens have been visitin Earth for millenia, would you reconsider your position?

I doubt it.

BTW, Big Bang Theory does not say "something from nothing". A more apt description would be "everything from everything condensed".

no doubt, but something must have led to the condensation. The fact that condensation happened at some a particular time frame means something influenced it. Why did the big bang happen say at one point but didn't happen 1000 time units further?

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Quite a compelling argument you shit out.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Its not a Catch 22. You never need to prove that nothing is there - the burden of proof lies on those who say something is there.

peteee
05-29-2010, 10:22 AM
You know what you can keep saying that something shat out something that shat out something that shat out something that shat out god. Keep going up the stairs. The fact is there is something someone who has control over everything. That makes more sense then to say NOTHING came out of something. By saying there is something that led to god etc you believe that there was an external influence a diety of some sort.
Although I execrate that retard's dumbness, I can't disagree on his proposition that doubts God's existence. God is inactive anyway, even if he really exists somewhere we can't see. God is fair and won't allow any shitty livings in his world but such shits are everywhere in this world, which pretty much stokes his statement. And if the God is fair enough, he should have given him a good brain that may help expatiate his opinions. I have to give special appreciations for most of his announcements, especially like the one about terrorists, which could be translated as "America just needs less troops then there will be less people getting mad enough at us to become terrorists". Sorry but it's really too hard for me here to depict the exact dumb style of his.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Its not a Catch 22. You never need to prove that nothing is there - the burden of proof lies on those who say something is there.

http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagelarge/Flying-Spaghetti-Monster-Car-Emblem-%282181%29.jpg

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Although I execrate that retard's dumbness, I can't disagree on his proposition that doubts God's existence. God is inactive anyway, even if he really exists somewhere we can't see. God is fair and won't allow any shitty livings in his world but such shits are everywhere in this world, which pretty much stokes his statement. And if the God is fair enough, he should have given him a good brain that may help expatiate his opinions. I have to give special appreciations for most of his announcements, especially like the one about terrorists, which could be translated as "America just needs less troops then there will be less people getting mad enough at us to become terrorists". Sorry but it's really too hard for me here to depict the exact dumb style of his.

Because theres something called Paradise and Hell. No point in having paradise and hell if everyone on earth were equal.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 10:35 AM

But you can't prove the existence of god because it's not meant to be proven. It's one of the reasons why there's paradise and hell. God is super natural meaning law of physics and other laws do not apply to him so it would be impossible to prove him. You use natural laws for natural things not for supernatural.

TDMVPDPOY
05-29-2010, 10:58 AM
if ur sayin humans came from apes, then how come todays apes cant talk like humans even though they share the same characteristics as humans...

boutons_deux
05-29-2010, 11:10 AM
"The fact is there is something someone who has control over everything"

"How do you believe in something that isn't proven yet?"

Religious fucktards are brain-damaged as well as emotionally damaged, intentionally championing their opinions as proven facts. :lol

fraga
05-29-2010, 11:21 AM
if ur sayin humans came from apes, then how come todays apes cant talk like humans even though they share the same characteristics as humans...

Because we're SUPER APES....duh...

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 11:23 AM
"The fact is there is something someone who has control over everything"

"How do you believe in something that isn't proven yet?"
l

Right back at you, how can you believe in the big bang theory just magically appearing when it hasn't been proved yet?

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
BTW what if you guys all die and find out that there was a god afterall, you guys would be screwed wouldn't you? So why not believe in god so that when you die its a win win situation?

XFactor
05-29-2010, 11:29 AM
BTW what if you guys all die and find out that there was a god afterall, you guys would be screwed wouldn't you? So why not believe in god so that when you die its a win win situation?

:lmao Pascal's Wager.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2010, 11:33 AM
But you can't prove the existence of god because it's not meant to be proven. It's one of the reasons why there's paradise and hell. God is super natural meaning law of physics and other laws do not apply to him so it would be impossible to prove him. You use natural laws for natural things not for supernatural.

Good for you. That shit doesn't fly when it comes to science. Enjoy your paradise.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I get it now. He's someone's troll. Well done. I wasn't sure when you bombed that thread with stern pictures, basically asking to be banned. It didn't matter cuz you're a troll. The question is, whose troll are you?

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 12:09 PM

What if you pick the wrong god, and the real god is mad as hell at you for following his enemy? In that case, you'd be much better off as the atheist.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 12:11 PM
The burden of poof is not on an atheist to prove something is out there. A theory is not fact, nor law, and they often change. Physics will eventually provide us the answers we need to know. The demise of religion, and a mystery God is inevitable.

I don't think physics will ever provide the answers. Every new answer opens up tons of new questions.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't think physics will ever provide the answers. Every new answer opens up tons of new questions.

It's like LOST.

ChuckD
05-29-2010, 12:28 PM
no doubt, but something must have led to the condensation. The fact that condensation happened at some a particular time frame means something influenced it. Why did the big bang happen say at one point but didn't happen 1000 time units further?

Physics.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 12:35 PM
What if you pick the wrong god, and the real god is mad as hell at you for following his enemy? In that case, you'd be much better off as the atheist.

Christian God = Islamic God = Jewish God its just that people interpret their beliefs differently. The point is, THERE IS a god

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Physics.

What are you trying to say?

Blake
05-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Christian God = Islamic God = Jewish God its just that people interpret their beliefs differently. The point is, THERE IS a god

he's apparently terrible at communicating

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM

As if those are the only gods humans have ever created. Nice leap of faith to go from there being a god to there being your god though.

ChuckD
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM
What are you trying to say?

When the cosmegg reached a certain temperature and pressure, it exploded, and we had the Big Bang. Not before. Not after. Nice and quantifiable, physics is. No shamans, priests, or prophets required.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 01:50 PM
There's no way possible to prove God exists, and there's no way possible to prove the Big Bang.

wrong

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 01:57 PM
lol christians.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 01:58 PM
prove it. Was someone recording it when it happened?

You could say someone was "recording".

http://www.redorbit.com/education/reference_library/universe/cosmic_background_radiation/181/index.html

Jesus
05-29-2010, 01:59 PM
There's no way possible to prove God exists, and there's no way possible to prove the Big Bang.

:lmao :lmao

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 01:59 PM
You could say someone was "recording".

http://www.redorbit.com/education/reference_library/universe/cosmic_background_radiation/181/index.html

Sons, your post will go to waste - christians don't believe in them fancy "evidence" and "science".

lol sarah palin = mono.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 02:03 PM
That proves that it could have happened, not that it did happen.

Which is one step closer to proving it did happen. I said you were wrong in that no one could ever prove it. They have already shown that their theory was correct.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 02:19 PM
There will always be questions to answer. But just as science has proved that the heart does not think or hold emotions, it will also move us beyond a God out there.

The nihilistic crutch that nothing can be completely proved will always be there, just as it is in the arguments of the intelligent design lobby.

BadOdor
05-29-2010, 02:23 PM
mono, how does it feel knowing that you and sarah palin are very much alike?

lol mono = palin.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 02:50 PM
When the cosmegg reached a certain temperature and pressure, it exploded, and we had the Big Bang. Not before. Not after. Nice and quantifiable, physics is. No shamans, priests, or prophets required.

Now my question to you is why did it reach that temperature at that time frame and not 100 time units further. Why did it happen at that particular time? It was influenced by another thing.

Leetonidas
05-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Wow, LMAO @ the OP. Obviously he is some religious dumbass who cannot understand the principles of science and the big bang theory and tries to trivialize it by saying "everything out of nothing."

You seriously need to read up on Quantum theory, physics, and science in general because you obviously know nothing.

And like many others have said, your question is retarded. What about God? Who the fuck created this guy? Man did through their imagination and abuse of psychedelic plants in the early years as well as a lack of understanding about nature, the skies, and everything in general.

Leetonidas
05-29-2010, 03:05 PM

Oh boy, the genius theists come out. We didn't evolve from apes, obviously, because they are still here. We evolved from common ancestors.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, LMAO @ the OP. Obviously he is some religious dumbass who cannot understand the principles of science and the big bang theory and tries to trivialize it by saying "everything out of nothing."

You seriously need to read up on Quantum theory, physics, and science in general because you obviously know nothing.

And like many others have said, your question is retarded. What about God? Who the fuck created this guy? Man did through their imagination and abuse of psychedelic plants in the early years as well as a lack of understanding about nature, the skies, and everything in general.

No you tard, physics explains what Big Bang Theory did, it does not explain how the big bang initially started because it still remains unsolved. Quantum physics can easily explain how 2 things colliding lead to the formation of Apes and Idiots but what it does not explain exactly what caused the two things to collide together.

Leetonidas
05-29-2010, 03:11 PM
No you tard, physics explains what Big Bang Theory did, it does not explain how the big bang initially started because it still remains unsolved. Quantum physics can easily explain how 2 things colliding lead to the formation of Apes and Idiots but what it does not explain exactly what caused the two things to collide together.

Yes it can, but you obviously don't plan on enlightening yourself or even bothering to look up facts before spewing off bullshit so it doesn't matter, I don't need to prove shit to you, I know there isn't a God and if you can't see that then you're either a blind follower (the ol' "if I believe in God and he exists then I win and you lose but if he doesn't then oh well" argument is such a pussy ass bitch reason to believe in God. lol faggot afraid of imaginary consequences) or just someone who was brought up with Christianity/whatever being shoved down your throat.

Leetonidas
05-29-2010, 03:13 PM
And you know, most of us atheists don't give a shit whether you believe or not. But when you act like an elitist religious faggot and start talking down on everyone with some bullshit argument that can EASILY and probably more rightfully so applied to your belief...well, fuck you.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 03:15 PM

You don't get it, the Christianity god = Muslim God = Judaism God. They are all the same exact gods thats why they all have similar prophets. Its just the way the people interpret the religion that is different.

ploto
05-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Faith and science are not mutually exclusive.

"The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false."

-- St. Thomas Aquinas

"Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth."

-- John Paul II

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 03:53 PM
You don't get it, the Christianity god = Muslim God = Judaism God. They are all the same exact gods thats why they all have similar prophets. Its just the way the people interpret the religion that is different.

You obviously don't get it, since you glossed over my response to your post about pigeonholing a potential god into being the popular god of the moment. Even if you could somehow prove the existence of some general deity, which you seem to be trying to with your big bang argument, there is nothing that would argue for any particular conception of god. In the best case, your argument doesn't disqualify the possibly of a deistic god wholly unlike the Jewish/Christian/Muslim conception of god.

D2Procon
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
You obviously don't get it, since you glossed over my response to your post about pigeonholing a potential god into being the popular god of the moment. Even if you could somehow prove the existence of some general deity, which you seem to be doing with your big bang argument, there is nothing that would argue for any particular conception of god. In the best case, your argument doesn't disqualify the possibly of a deistic god wholly unlike the Jewish/Christian/Muslim conception of god.

I could careless what type of god exists. Ya maybe you're right maybe Im worshiping the wrong god. But the point is, there is a god a diety of some sort up there.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I could careless what type of god exists. Ya maybe you're right maybe Im worshiping the wrong god. But the point is, there is a god a diety of some sort up there.

So if you're worshipping the wrong god, he could be pissed at you following a rival (Christian/Muslim/Jewish god sure would be), thus making your Pascal's Wager argument wrong.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 04:55 PM
This guy D2Procon is some kind of stupid.

redzero
05-29-2010, 05:37 PM
The best thing about your argument is the logical fallacy.

Your premise is that something cannot come from nothing, then you go outside of your premise to prove it. When asked what God came from, you claim that he always was. You're begging the question.

Also, I have yet to find an atheist who believes that we came from nothing.

balli
05-29-2010, 05:47 PM
Ugggghhhhhhhhhh.... I hate militant atheism myself, but damn, don't feed the trolls.

redzero
05-29-2010, 05:48 PM
prove it. Was someone recording it when it happened?

One can come to the conclusion that there was a big bang from looking at the evidence.

You fail so hard.

You cannot try to put a scientific explanation and a supernatural one in the same category.

There is no reason to believe in the supernatural when there is zero evidence that it exists.

And I'm sorry that you don't want to become an atheist because the truth doesn't "feel good." You just can't accept that there is no inherent meaning in life, so you give it one to make it seem worthwhile.

CuckingFunt
05-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Religious Debate Thread!!!

Thank goodness. We don't get enough of those 'round these parts.

scott
05-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Worst. Religion. Thread. Ever.

redzero
05-30-2010, 01:23 PM
if God exists, then God certainly doesn't need dumbasses trying to convince other dumbasses that atheists are wrong

If he did exist, it would make sense for him to convince atheists himself. But he doesn't exist, so that will never happen.

Ignignokt
05-30-2010, 01:29 PM
If he did exist, it would make sense for him to convince atheists himself. But he doesn't exist, so that will never happen.

Why should it be a God's imperative to prove himself to everyone?

Muser
05-30-2010, 01:41 PM
lol religion.

dickface
05-30-2010, 01:46 PM
One can come to the conclusion that there was a big bang from looking at the evidence.

If anything is proven, it's that mankind has made many, many, many wrong conclusions based on the evidence put before them. Which applies to science, religion, and just about everything else.

ChuckD
05-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Why should it be a God's imperative to prove himself to everyone?

I didn't get that it was an imperative, just that it would make sense. You want worshipers? You want people "saved"? OK. Just sky write on the moon every night for a year a message that appears in the language of each viewer "Behave and go to church". Then for another additional month "Yeah, I really mean it". Instant religious planet. Why all the tap dancing and coy behavior? Why did the old timers get their chariots in the sky and burning bushes and angels we get bupkus?

Drachen
05-31-2010, 10:08 AM

Damn, why do they always go to this. What a freakin stupid argument. I remember the first time I heard this piece of trash argument, I thought to myself "wow this guy has no respect for this God he purports to believe in." If there were an all knowing God, I am pretty sure that he or she or it would know when they are being tricked by someone who is "just believing" to get their foot in the door.

Whisky Dog
05-31-2010, 11:15 AM
The thing that always got me as a kid growing up is " if God made the universe then who or what made God?" The same argument "something from nothing" would still apply to God too. Somewhere he had to pop out of nothing.

Leetonidas
05-31-2010, 11:18 AM
Damn, why do they always go to this. What a freakin stupid argument. I remember the first time I heard this piece of trash argument, I thought to myself "wow this guy has no respect for this God he purports to believe in." If there were an all knowing God, I am pretty sure that he or she or it would know when they are being tricked by someone who is "just believing" to get their foot in the door.

QFT

If God knew you were some pussydick who only believed in him so you didn't have to go to hell then he wouldn't want your faggot ass stinking up his place anyway.

Leetonidas
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
I didn't get that it was an imperative, just that it would make sense. You want worshipers? You want people "saved"? OK. Just sky write on the moon every night for a year a message that appears in the language of each viewer "Behave and go to church". Then for another additional month "Yeah, I really mean it". Instant religious planet. Why all the tap dancing and coy behavior? Why did the old timers get their chariots in the sky and burning bushes and angels we get bupkus?

Because they were trippin' balls on some psychedelic plants and shit. Funny too, considering nowadays if you do shrooms and "talk to God" then you're just crazy...hell, anyone "talking to God" nowadays is considered crazy. :lol

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 12:16 PM
Faith and science are not mutually exclusive.

"The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false."

-- St. Thomas Aquinas

"Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth."

-- John Paul II

Yes, they are mutually exclusive.

You are a sheep who has rationalized your faith and taken up the explanation.

The fact is that science is the threat to religion 500 years ago, and it remains to this day. It will continue to destroy it.

So the Church will want to say "oooh, it's ok, you can believe in both!"

Because they know that they lost the war on science.

To practice science, you must depend on your mind, to question all things, and seek the rational, natural explanation to all things.

To practice religion, God did it. Unquestioning obedience.

Please, it's a bronze age relic. Don't be so fucking naive.

Whisky Dog
05-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes, they are mutually exclusive.

You are a sheep who has rationalized your faith and taken up the explanation.

The fact is that science is the threat to religion 500 years ago, and it remains to this day. It will continue to destroy it.

So the Church will want to say "oooh, it's ok, you can believe in both!"

Because they know that they lost the war on science.

To practice science, you must depend on your mind, to question all things, and seek the rational, natural explanation to all things.

To practice religion, God did it. Unquestioning obedience.

Please, it's a bronze age relic. Don't be so fucking naive.

I can't stand douchebags like this just as much as the right wing religious extreme assholes who shove that shit around to an obnoxious level too. You're no better than they are!

Also, you're wrong. Scientists have to display a level of faith in their theories because they aren't proven facts. The origin of the universe isn't a proven fact so everyone with an idea on it has to display faith in their choice.

JoeChalupa
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
MH cracks me up. :lol

Fpoonsie
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
The thing that always got me as a kid growing up is " if God made the universe then who or what made God?" The same argument "something from nothing" would still apply to God too. Somewhere he had to pop out of nothing.

What finally turned me away from the church was the all-too-common response to questions like these.

Them - "He has no beginning, and no end."

Me - "...but how could God have ALWAYS existed? He had to have come from somewhere, right?"

Them - "His ways are beyond our ways. Our feeble human minds obviously can't fully encompass or understand all that God is."

Me - :rolleyes

JoeChalupa
05-31-2010, 01:20 PM
:lmao

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 01:20 PM
I can't stand douchebags like this just as much as the right wing religious extreme assholes who shove that shit around to an obnoxious level too. You're no better than they are!

Also, you're wrong. Scientists have to display a level of faith in their theories because they aren't proven facts. The origin of the universe isn't a proven fact so everyone with an idea on it has to display faith in their choice.

and what does faith in their HYPOTHESIS have to do with faith in a god?

What does that have to do with "science and faith aren't at war with each other"

?

because they both have the word "faith" at one point in their methodology?

LOL.

I guess we are the same as the radical muslims. We aren't at war with them. They have faith that they are right, and we have faith that we are right!

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 01:23 PM
The church is very good at adapting.

They will take new stances on anything if it means they can survive and keep their followers.