PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Artest verdict hasn't even BEGUN

milkshakeballa
05-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Ron rtest judgement has not come yet. His trial as a Laker hasn't even commenced.

Regular Season? Does not count.

Against Durant? Does not count.

Against Utah? Does not count.

Against Phoenix? Does not count.

The final answer to the Ron Artest move and if it was a success or not only begins NOW against the Celtics...and Paul Pierce.

THIS IS WHY THE LAKERS GOT HIM. Not for the other BULLSHIT. This is why he got paid.

The Ron Artest story official begins its writing in game 1 of the NBA finals.

BUMP
05-29-2010, 11:32 AM
And Pierce is gonna make his life miserable

Celtics in 5 easily

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Milky/per usual/with the goods.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:58 AM
I hope the team is as dismissive about the Suns as its fans are.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 12:00 PM

I'm sure your example was warning enough, Shasta.

milkshakeballa
05-29-2010, 12:03 PM

the lakers have closed out EVERY series the past 2 years sans the Houston series on the road.

Lakers by 8 2nite.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 12:12 PM
^Yep, Fish, in Philadelphia just about ten years ago..........

- "sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 12:13 PM
the lakers have closed out EVERY series the past 2 years sans the Houston series on the road.

Lakers by 8 2nite.

spursfaninla
05-29-2010, 12:45 PM
If Artest has a great finals, I think his acquisition is considered a success.

If not, his acquisition will always be a point of doubt, because otherwise his performance has been mediocre with a few nice moments (like hitting his only shot to win the game last night). It will then be unclear if keeping ariza instead of him would have made a difference.

With all that said, I think the bigger question will likely be: if the lakers lose in the finals to the celtics AGAIN, will it be primarily blamed on an injured bynum (AGAIN)?

I think yes and yes.

milkshakeballa
05-29-2010, 12:48 PM
If Artest has a great finals, I think his acquisition is considered a success.

If not, his acquisition will always be a point of doubt, because otherwise his performance has been mediocre with a few nice moments (like hitting his only shot to win the game last night). It will then be unclear if keeping ariza instead of him would have made a difference.

With all that said, I think the bigger question will likely be: if the lakers lose in the finals to the celtics AGAIN, will it be primarily blamed on an injured bynum (AGAIN)?

I think yes and yes.

i agree.

good post.

lurker
05-29-2010, 01:04 PM

Lakers by 8 2nite.
If what happened in previous seasons or series mattered at all now, the Suns wouldn't even be in the WCF.

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 01:23 PM
If not, his acquisition will always be a point of doubt, because otherwise his performance has been mediocre with a few nice moments (like hitting his only shot to win the game last night).

He'll always be the whipping boy because he's an easy clean. He's half nuts, he did the Palace thing, he's showed his ass coast to coast, saw Mamba's snake in the shower, played stinky finger with Odom. But, he did put the stopper in the bottle with Durant. He hasn't let the fact that he's been lackluster in these WCFs get him flustered to the point that he sat down with JRich and watched Kobe airball. Uh, uh, he quickly put JRich's pants on his ankles and fucked those fucks.

Just like that.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 01:58 PM
With all that said, I think the bigger question will likely be: if the lakers lose in the finals to the celtics AGAIN.

The Lakers aren't losing to the Celtics. Sorry :)

Gutter92
05-29-2010, 02:12 PM
The Celtics haven't lost a playoff series with their starting 5 of Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Perkins. Never. 7-0 including the biggest beatdown in a closeout game in the Finals

Are you guys waiting for an injury or something?

spursfan1000
05-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Pierce is gonna take a shit on Artest.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:16 PM
The Lakers haven't lost a playoff series with their starting 5 either.

Are the Celtics waiting for an injury or something?

lurker
05-29-2010, 02:16 PM
The Celtics haven't lost a playoff series with their starting 5 of Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, Perkins. Never. 7-0 including the biggest beatdown in a closeout game in the Finals

Are you guys waiting for an injury or something?
Irrelevant. The past only matters when it's convenient for the Lakers.

spursfan1000
05-29-2010, 02:21 PM
The Lakers haven't lost a playoff series with their starting 5 either.

Are the Celtics waiting for an injury or something?

They also havent won a championship with that starting lineup- Lakers.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:24 PM
They also havent won a championship with that starting lineup- Lakers.

The Celtics have never beaten the Lakers with Kobe - Pau - Bynum all in the starting lineup. :toast

Muser
05-29-2010, 02:28 PM
That 6/5 is gonna be the key to beating Boston IMO.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:30 PM
:flag: 4-0 :flag:

Muser
05-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I can't wait for Bynum to beast against KG/Perkins..I mean he put up 6/5 on the beasty defensive line of Amare/Frye.

Ghazi
05-29-2010, 02:36 PM
The Lakers aren't losing to the Celtics. Sorry :)

Backdoor fucking sweep:lobt2:

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:36 PM
I can't wait for San Antonio to get swept out of the playoffs again next year.

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Backdoor fucking sweep:lobt2:

Dallas WCF :lobt2:

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Ron rtest judgement has not come yet. His trial as a Laker hasn't even commenced.

Regular Season? Does not count.

Against Durant? Does not count.

Against Utah? Does not count.

Against Phoenix? Does not count.

The final answer to the Ron Artest move and if it was a success or not only begins NOW against the Celtics...and Paul Pierce.

THIS IS WHY THE LAKERS GOT HIM. Not for the other BULLSHIT. This is why he got paid.

The Ron Artest story official begins its writing in game 1 of the NBA finals.
Oh it's begun alright, he just needs his final, and most important test (Wheelchair Pierce). It's begun because of the horrors he inflicted on KD, which make no mistake helped tremendously. He's proven he's able to do what we got him for, he just needs to show up on the biggest stage.

Smooth Criminal
05-29-2010, 03:14 PM

Lakers by 8 2nite.
Really? That's a fact I'm glad I heard:king

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Artest's success is entirely dependent on officiating..

He's an above average defender when he isn't allowed to handcheck, but he's a good defender when they allow him to, which is the majority of the time..Pierce is one of the best in the NBA at selling calls, so we'll see how the refs play it..

NewJerSpur
05-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Sure would be interesting to see Artest guarding Pierce this time around. Neither is really that quick, but both have subtle moves along with physical styles of play that compensate for what they lack in terms of speed.

spursfaninla
06-14-2010, 12:17 AM
so, what is the artest verdict so far in the finals?