PDA

View Full Version : Time for the Big Balls!

ploto
05-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Love this show- look forward to its return every summer.

Twelve couples on a first date take on the obstacle course in hopes of winning $100,000.

Tuesday June 1 8|7c

http://abc.go.com/shows/wipeout

Slomo
05-29-2010, 05:26 PM
We're getting the British version right now. It's filmed on the same set/course (in Argentina?).

The big balls are just mean - hilarious, but mean. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
05-29-2010, 05:33 PM
We're getting the British version right now. It's filmed on the same set/course (in Argentina?).

The big balls are just mean - hilarious, but mean. :lol
for me it's a tie with the balls or that wall with the boxing gloves coming out of it. also, the fatter the contestant the better :lol

ChumpDumper
05-29-2010, 07:22 PM

The big balls are just mean - hilarious, but mean. :lolThere are several international versions. I try to get them by torrent files. Even if you don't speak the language it's hilarious.

Thanks for the program note, ploto.

ploto
05-30-2010, 02:58 PM
:depressed

and to think of the educational potential of television

I watch all kinds of historical and educational shows but I can still enjoy one hour per week in the summer of Wipeout.

Slomo
05-30-2010, 03:19 PM
:depressed

and to think of the educational potential of television

I think the educational value of Wipeout is seriously underrated.

Where else would my 10 year old daughter have learned not to jump on big rubber balls with muddy shoes? She's also getting quite good at spotting morons at first sight.

Thank you Wipeout :D:tu

boutons_deux
05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't know if it still runs, but Inter-villes (French name) was a contest between city and town teams within a country and also across borders, where the teams competed in silly obstacles course and races. Pretty good fun, sometimes hilarious, and for the smaller towns and villages, a great way to pull the town together that might not have any kind of other municipal sports team.