PDA

View Full Version : kobe is playing amazing

Martin R
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM
....the man is having out of this world performances. Clutch.
I have no words no describe how amazingly Kobe is playing right know. Jordanesque.

bdictjames
05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Sad to say, but I think he is player of the decade.

spursfaninla
05-29-2010, 10:38 PM
you might consider looking under the "Sports Forums" tab above, and look up the "Nba forum." You will probably find 5+ kobe threads.

This is the Spurs forum. Kobe does not play for the Spurs. He did not play the Spurs in the post season either.

but thanks for playing.

ducks
05-29-2010, 11:19 PM
....the man is having out of this world performances. Clutch.
I have no words no describe how amazingly Kobe is playing right know. Jordanesque.

dude is always that good

james should never be mentioned in the same sentence as him

ducks
05-29-2010, 11:20 PM
you might consider looking under the "Sports Forums" tab above, and look up the "Nba forum." You will probably find 5+ kobe threads.

This is the Spurs forum. Kobe does not play for the Spurs. He did not play the Spurs in the post season either.

but thanks for playing.

yes police want to be

ducks
05-29-2010, 11:21 PM

but thanks for playing.

did you post the same thing in the mailik rose thread
he does not play for the spurs either:downspin:

chazley
05-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Past 2 years, everyone is all over LeBron's nuts as being the best player in the league, and then the playoffs come around and people realize, wait, this is when it counts and no one is better in these situations than Kobe. Regular season MVP's mean nothing if you're not a champion.

silverblk mystix
05-30-2010, 05:48 AM
jump shots---i can't see the celtics allowing him to shoot comfortable jump shots all night---they will force him to drive and the lakers will be done

jiggy_55
05-30-2010, 05:57 AM
jump shots---i can't see the celtics allowing him to shoot comfortable jump shots all night---they will force him to drive and the lakers will be done

Comfortable? LOL what series were you watching? Of course he had some open shots, sometimes when the Suns played their zone, but that's just a cheap shot.

He scored jumpers while being double teamed, fading away, turn around, wayyy behind the 3 point arc, etc... He was ON FIRE, the defense was actually very good mostly. Look at his 4th quarter jumpers, unbelievable how he hits nothing but net with Hill and others all over him!

Martin R
05-30-2010, 07:45 AM
when a guy like Ginobili, mentions what he mentioned on his twitter account, then you know you are not the only one thinking he is well deep into de best player EVER to play in the NBA.

WOW! What a bucket! KB is SOOO good...
It's a pleasure to watch Kobe and Nash play. I admire both a lot ~

source : http://twitter.com/manuginobili

cd98
05-30-2010, 07:46 AM
If Kobe is shooting fade away threes under double teams then he wins selfish player of the decade.

Martin R
05-30-2010, 09:24 AM
If Kobe is shooting fade away threes under double teams then he wins selfish player of the decade.

...the rest of his team mates were "hiding" behind the guys who were guarding them, so, in this particular case, I think Kobe took the resposibility of keeping the boat floating.

Fabbs
05-30-2010, 09:42 AM
...the rest of his team mates were "hiding" behind the guys who were guarding them, so, in this particular case, I think Kobe took the resposibility of keeping the boat floating.
teamates doing what they were told. :rolleyes

Mods why is this thread stenching up the Spurs side?

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Mods why is this thread stenching up the Spurs side?

yes mods, because there is SOOO MUCH to talk about regarding the Spurs right now:sleep

spursfaninla
05-30-2010, 12:59 PM
did you post the same thing in the mailik rose thread
he does not play for the spurs either:downspin:

Oh, gosh ducks, you got me. I have never complained when a FORMER SPURS PLAYER was mentioned on the SPURS FORUM. Sorry that I was a hypocrite about that regarding Kobe.

Oh yeah, KOBE WAS NEVER A SPUR.

OTOH, I also understand the ALMOST SPURS related-ness of Scola, for instance, although that got to be a bit much.

There is enough Kobe-worship going on everywhere in the media and in the NBA forum here; even if there were NO new threads here, I prefer a clean and pure forum. But hey, its not my site.

ducks
05-30-2010, 02:21 PM
ok what about the nash vs gasol thread
both were never former spur players

mytespurs
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
yes mods, because there is SOOO MUCH to talk about regarding the Spurs right now:sleep

Then why are you over here since there's so much :sleep, in your words, Spurs talk.....

And for the record, this is a Kobe appreciation discussion, not Kobe bashing.

Martin R
05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
sorry if it is not placed on the right forum. I just feel this forum is full of people I know and wanted to share a thought on what I think is one of the best players to ever play this game and we are witnessing it

BadMotorscooter
05-30-2010, 08:11 PM
sorry if it is not placed on the right forum. I just feel this forum is full of people I know and wanted to share a thought on what I think is one of the best players to ever play this game and we are witnessing it

You dont have to apologize. Kobe is the player of the decade without a doubt. Players like him only come along once in a decade.....Magic in the 80's, Jordan in the 90's...Kobe in the 00's. The man is unreal. You gotta give props. And the scary thing is, he is showing no signs of slowing down. We love our Timmy, but we have accepted the fact he is declining. Kobe on the other hand seems to be getting stronger and he's played more games than Duncan. Its beyond comprehension. I hope someone bottles it, I'll by it....the fountain of youth.

Waps1980
05-31-2010, 04:04 AM
He has his name all over that award

Bigzax
05-31-2010, 05:00 AM

but thanks for playing.

you might consider not being such a smug fuck about it.

TE
05-31-2010, 06:38 AM
have to agree, and give a player his due.

Kobe is unbelievable right now.

mytespurs
05-31-2010, 11:00 AM

No problem. I'm not a Laker fan but I agree w/you re: Kobe.

I just don't like when these threads start to degenerate into bashing modes whether its bashing Kobe, bashing the Spurs because they're not in the playoffs, blah, blah, blah.

21_Blessings
05-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Replace Shaq with Duncan and the Lakers would have 5 or 6 peated :tu

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2010, 03:06 PM

:tu

That would have been one hell of a duo of Tim - Kobe

Baseline
05-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Wake me up if Bryant has a shooting percentage above 46% against a real defense like the Celtics.

How moronic to invoke Jordan's name when talking about Bryant, especially after the Lakers play Phoenix. How old are you, OP, like 7?

Obstructed_View
05-31-2010, 06:40 PM
High degree of difficulty fadeaway jumpers every possession against double teams througout the last fifteen minutes of a game. Yeah Jordan did that all the time.

rascal
06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
How did the lakers get Kobe? Another one sided dumb trade for Divac. I knew Kobe would be a star long after Divac was long gone when that deal went down. LA always finds a way to get on top with these type of trades or star free agent signings.

The lakers front office builds their team with trades and free agency while the spurs need to rely on lottery luck. Which front office do you trust will keep their team on top?

FeZZy
06-01-2010, 07:26 PM
cool story bro

ducks
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
How did the lakers get Kobe? Another one sided dumb trade for Divac. I knew Kobe would be a star long after Divac was long gone when that deal went down. LA always finds a way to get on top with these type of trades or star free agent signings.

The lakers front office builds their team with trades and free agency while the spurs need to rely on lottery luck. Which front office do you trust will keep their team on top?

which do you think make more money
which get more tv revenue
:downspin:

Riverwalkman
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Kobe is good, but you know there are Gasol,Odom, Artest, Bynum...on the team, I think even Ginobil can get 2-3 rings in his career with those guys arround.

manu the best
06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
High degree of difficulty fadeaway jumpers every possession against double teams througout the last fifteen minutes of a game. Yeah Jordan did that all the time.

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Kobe is good, but you know there are Gasol,Odom, Artest, Bynum...on the team, I think even Ginobil can get 2-3 rings in his career with those guys arround.

I would have loved me some Gino with the Lakers :tu

phxspurfan
06-03-2010, 02:22 PM

Oh, easy. They would have won from '99-'03 definitely. (since the Spurs win in '99 b/c of Tim and the Knicks would have zero shot against Kobe+Tim). They would have probably gotten past the Pistons in '04 and '05 if they had Horry (Horry wouldn't have left the Lakers). They would not have had Manu to choke in '06 :stirpot:

They still sweep the LeBrooms in '07, get Gasol in '08 for a package of Beno and Mbenga, and would be looking at an 11-peat right now.

Oh and Phil would be saying "suck it Red!"

TheManFromAcme
06-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh, easy. They would have won from '99-'03 definitely. (since the Spurs win in '99 b/c of Tim and the Knicks would have zero shot against Kobe+Tim). They would have probably gotten past the Pistons in '04 and '05 if they had Horry (Horry wouldn't have left the Lakers). They would not have had Manu to choke in '06 :stirpot:

They still sweep the LeBrooms in '07, get Gasol in '08 for a package of Beno and Mbenga, and would be looking at an 11-peat right now.

Oh and Phil would be saying "suck it Red!"

Still love that vid of Gino.:toast

LoneStarState'sPride
06-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Ginobili and Duncan are the only Spurs players I would have loved even if they were wearing purple and gold.

Isai659
06-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Dont really like the Lakers but I respect Kobe's game!

kromediablo
06-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Hey what font did you use for your Las Espuelas spurs logo?

dbestpro
06-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Kobe showed why he is now the best bb player in the game during the half time of game one Celtics. He could always play but it looks like he has finally got it between the ears. He spent the interview giving props to Oscar, West, Magic, Jordan and others for the development of his game. Very cool. This is from a fan who most often has had no use for Kobe.

50 cent
06-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Kobe is a badass. He's on a different level than anyone not named Jordan.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Kobe is a badass. He's on a different level than anyone not named Jordan.

This. Say whatever you want, the man is playing unbelievable ball, and has been for a long while.

Fabbs
06-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Remove this stench from the Spurs side of the Forum, put it on the NBA side.

2nd request. Don't make me come back.