PDA

View Full Version : Hill for Dragic?

bdictjames
05-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Malik Hairston compared to this guy? Really.

Spurs shouldn't doubt their picks again and never trade, as long as RC and Pop are there, they seem to get the best talent.

But would you do this trade? Dragic gives us a completely intelligent and unknown dimension, much like Ginobili. He is unpredictable.

spursfaninla
05-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Hill is better now than Dragic. But even so, Phx does not do this trade b/c they need a backup pg, and hill is more of a sg.

Hill does not fit phx very well IMO. Dragic is helpful for us as a backup pg, but I don't think he can produce in the other areas that Hill will: defense and scoring.

Blackjack
05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Dragic was never a Spur or on his way to being a Spur. The Spurs weren't going to draft him. It was a prearranged deal that netted the Spurs Hairston, $500K and the pick that wound up being Blair.

Dragic's a nice player. I've got no problem with the deal just because he's playing well while the Spurs are at home. It is what it is and it's futile to keep bringing up guys like Carter, 'Sheed, Dragic or whomever else is the flavor of the moment.

The Spurs aren't home because they don't have one of those guys. It's just not that simple.

TimDunkem
05-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Malik Hairston compared to this guy?

Okay...What?

TD 21
05-29-2010, 11:31 PM
The Spurs received Hairston, cash and the Suns '09 2nd round pick, which turned out to be Blair. Nobody should be complaining about that trade.

People are too impulsive when it comes to analyzing sports nowadays. I saw an article the other day on ESPN about how the Spurs "gave Dragic away for nothing". How hard would it have been to do an ounce of research to find out that the Spurs won the trade?

Blair is already the best player in the trade and he'll only further widen the gap going forward. Dragic is a solid backup, but I doubt he'll ever be a legit full-time starter.

Hill is also better than Dragic, though not according to benefactor, who thinks Dragic is better than Hill and Beaubois. Maybe at this exact moment I'd give him the edge over Beaubois, but by next season this probably won't even be a debate.

NFGIII
05-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Absolutely NO. As stated already they play different positions - PG for Dragic while Hill palys SG. No comparison so why even discuss a trade?

Dragic landed us Blair - Spurs drafted him in a pre-arranged deal with PHX for Hairston and the 37th pick in the next draft. Though Dragic seems to be a nice b/u PG I would rather see if Temple can fill that slot and concentrate on bringing over Splitter and working on getting a vet who can shoot the 3 with the 2nd unit.

Andy25
05-30-2010, 04:31 AM
DeJuan Blair. Nuff said.

eisfeld
05-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Malik Hairston compared to this guy? Really.

Spurs shouldn't doubt their picks again and never trade, as long as RC and Pop are there, they seem to get the best talent.

But would you do this trade? Dragic gives us a completely intelligent and unknown dimension, much like Ginobili. He is unpredictable.

I'd do this trade but the Suns wouldn't.

Kamnik
05-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Neither team would really benefit from such a trade.

And to correct some of you... Dragic is a starting PG material if he keeps improving his jumpshot. Suns want him to take the wheel when Nash retires...

Hooks
05-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Fuuuuck no. Dragic isn't good at all, he had that one fluke game against the Spurs and that was it. Don't forget that he was playing against the Lakers' crappy PG's.

slick'81
05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
hill will be the spurs future starting sg while dragic will be the suns future pg i think both teams are set

Ditty
05-30-2010, 11:35 PM
i have a feeling hairston will be big next year possibly starting at shooting guard

ChuckD
05-30-2010, 11:48 PM
i have a feeling hairston will be big next year possibly starting at shooting guard

:lol No. Unless he improves his 3 pointer, he isn't even rotation material on the Spurs, who depend on floor spacing to make their offense run.

As for Dragic, the Spurs are oh for two on Slovenians sticking and excelling on the team. Pass.

Ditty
05-30-2010, 11:52 PM
:lol No. Unless he improves his 3 pointer, he isn't even rotation material on the Spurs, who depend on floor spacing to make their offense run.

As for Dragic, the Spurs are oh for two on Slovenians sticking and excelling on the team. Pass.

his jumper is decent and have a feeling this summer its going to get better but he can get to the rim and defense is solid will get better off expirence

angelbelow
05-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Dragic was never a Spur or on his way to being a Spur. The Spurs weren't going to draft him. It was a prearranged deal that netted the Spurs Hairston, $500K and the pick that wound up being Blair.

LOL I dont know why people always over look this. Plain and simple, Dragic was drafted for the Suns not for us.

sook
05-31-2010, 02:09 AM
dragic is way better. You find a hill in the draft every yr

jjvalerieD
05-31-2010, 09:08 AM

and dragic seems also way better of talking something really irritated.

bdictjames
05-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Dragic is Spurs material. Humble and patient, he's perfect for our offense.

If anyone has seen him at all this year, this guy was seen to be better than Nash in the Suns system.

duhoh
05-31-2010, 11:06 AM
^^ uh no.

take off nash, and you have a <40 win team

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-31-2010, 11:07 AM
If anyone has seen him at all this year, this guy was seen to be better than Nash in the Suns system.

Okay, now you're just trolling.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Fuuuuck no. Dragic isn't good at all, he had that one fluke game against the Spurs and that was it. Don't forget that he was playing against the Lakers' crappy PG's.

Now we have the stupid opinion.

K-State Spur
05-31-2010, 11:35 AM

indeed. hills are all over every draft.

dragic is a once in a millennium...possibly even longer...type of talent.

Ditty
05-31-2010, 11:38 AM

I dont see the hype is dragic he had one lucky game against the spurs i see him as decent player but not a good one. he does shoot alot of 3's and can get to the rim with his fakes but hill is a better shooter and has the tools to finish at the basket but chooses not too for some reason