PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts before I go drink myself into a comma

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Good series Lakers fans, you guys earned this. Good luck in the finals.
Barbosa sucks
Dragic is a stud
The Suns need a center
Barbosa sucks
Kobe is really good
Channing Frye can't play defense
Barbosa sucks
Barbosa sucks

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:07 PM
I almost forgot to mention this

Barbosa sucks

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:07 PM
We still doin' luncheon, Duncan?

LoneStarState'sPride
05-29-2010, 11:08 PM
It was a fantastic series.

Barbosa really does suck.

Enjoy the "comma"!

Jeremy
The Suns need a center

We have one, the stupid coach just wouldn't play him.

BadOdor
Sons stay away from KFC please.

4>0rings
Don't wake up from your coma.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
We have one, the stupid coach just wouldn't play him.

Lopez is not a real center. I'm talking someone who knows how to box out, play tough interior defense and clog the paint.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Sons stay away from KFC please.

Nah man, KFC is reserved for the Mavs, Spurs, Cavs, Hawks, and Magic fans this season. No shame in losing when Kobe's hitting crazy shit like those last three shots in the fourth.

lil_penny
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
good run for your suns dok... also stay the hell away from the double downs tonight!!

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
So you gonna go for the Baconator Triple?

Roddy Beaubois
05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/EMC9e3BMTmmg5eqdUuXkZI5Xo1_500.jpg

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:14 PM
You talkin' to me, Shasta?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I'll go get my 8 J-Box tacos tomorrow, and Cully, Monday or Tuesday works. Where is this Chuckbox place?

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:17 PM
East of Mill (1/4 mile) on University, on the North side of University. You can't miss it. It's like a log cabin.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-29-2010, 11:18 PM
I almost forgot to mention this

Barbosa sucks

Yup. He really does, although it's sad to say it because he's a lovely guy. Why the fuck did Gentry not bring Nash back for Barbosa at the 6 minute mark?

And you were entirely correct about Dragic. Kid is a gun with balls of steel. At least he's now battle-tested.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Yup. He really does, although it's sad to say it because he's a lovely guy. Why the fuck did Gentry not bring Nash back for Barbosa at the 6 minute mark?

And you were entirely correct about Dragic. Kid is a gun with balls of steel. At least he's now battle-tested.

Barbosa is not a lovely guy. He has a kid out of wedlock and sleeps around with women all over Phoenix. He's just as much of a scumbag as other athletes.

TD 21
05-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Nash for Barbosa? Because he couldn't get away with Dragic guarding Bryant or Artest, that's why.

Richardson should have been in for Barbosa sooner and he should have stuck with Dudley, who was having success defending Bryant and offers better spacing than Hill, who struggled mightily in this game. When two players are as close as Hill and Dudley are, you stick with whoever is playing better.

The Gemini Method
05-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Great series played by the Suns...congrats to all the board's Suns fan from DoK to Paul and whomever else. Nash is one of my non-Laker faves...til we meet again!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Nash for Barbosa? Because he couldn't get away with Dragic guarding Bryant or Artest, that's why.

Richardson should have been in for Barbosa sooner and he should have stuck with Dudley, who was having success defending Bryant and offers better spacing than Hill, who struggled mightily in this game. When two players are as close as Hill and Dudley are, you stick with whoever is playing better.

Agreed w/ all of this. Dudley >Hill

baseline bum
Would you rather he slept around with guys? If he doesn't take care of his kid, that's one thing, but he's pretty smart to not get married young.

redzero
05-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I felt really shitty after the Hornets loss game seven against the Spurs. I was just sitting down at the arena shaking my head in disappointment.

I can't imagine how it feels like to go through this several times.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Would you rather he slept around with guys? If he doesn't take care of his kid, that's one thing, but he's pretty smart to not get married young.

No, but people act like he's this innocent little virgin.

HarlemHeat37
05-29-2010, 11:25 PM
So what do Suns fans want to happen with Stoudemire?..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
Barbosa is not a lovely guy. He has a kid out of wedlock and sleeps around with women all over Phoenix. He's just as much of a scumbag as other athletes.

Okay, fair enough. Back before he came to the NBA he came across as a nice, humble guy. It sounds like not only has he fucked up his basketball, he's also fucked up his brain. Oh well.

florige

Its just amazing that the entire team lit the spurs up including Barbosa and Frye. Either we are just that bad, or they were just up for destroying us or something.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

Keep him since the Suns are a lottery team without him.

Roddy Beaubois
05-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I can't imagine how it feels like to go through this several times.

You get more numb each time tbh. Still sucks though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Its just amazing that the entire team lit the spurs up including Barbosa and Frye. Either we are just that bad, or they were just up for destroying us or something.

Frye did, but Barbosa if I recall was terrible against the Spurs. He just simply sucks now, absolutely useless.

lil_penny
before you brought up barbosa being garbage i never really noticed it.. but after it was pretty damn obvious lol.. that dude has about the lowest iq of anyone not named jr smith

21_Blessings
05-29-2010, 11:27 PM
We still doin' luncheon, Duncan?

worthless without pics

Roddy Beaubois
05-29-2010, 11:29 PM

He achieved 4 rebound ecstasy. Sign him up long term.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:31 PM
I counted it, and there were 6 rebounds Amare was ready to grab but Frye didn't box his guy out. Amare's low rebounds for game 1 & 2 were telling, but tonight the 4 rebounds aren't telling of his defensive effort. Amare played well.

florige
05-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Frye did, but Barbosa if I recall was terrible against the Spurs. He just simply sucks now, absolutely useless.

He wasnt lighting us up like Frye was, but he was a run killer for us a few times. I remember that 3 he drained against us in game 3 while you guys were continuing the destruction. He was completely garbage in this series though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-29-2010, 11:32 PM

What you say makes perfect sense, although down 9 with about 7 minutes to go and Dragic heating up again, I think maybe you take a chance with the D, especially when you are an offensive-minded team. Bryant scored at will on anyone he liked during this series, so whoever is on him is less of an issue than having your best scoring lineup in there to try to cut into that lead.

Either way, Barbosa should have been sitting, we can certainly agree on that.

Pero
05-29-2010, 11:33 PM

Barbosa was good in that game 3 but was kind of overlooked because of Dragics' performance.

florige
05-29-2010, 11:34 PM
you get more numb each time tbh. Still sucks though.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 11:36 PM
You can't really second-guess Gentry on Hill. Hill made Kobe take some Lary Bird-esque ridiculous shots. About the only thing could have stopped him is if Jarron Collins checked in and cock-punched him.

Roddy Beaubois
05-29-2010, 11:36 PM

MiamiHeat
05-29-2010, 11:37 PM

what sort of stuck up morals do you have?

Barbosa is single, he takes care of his kid, and he sleeps around because he is single and can do whatever the fuck he wants.

How is this bad? holy shit.

the way you talk, make it seem he's a drug dealer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:37 PM
You can't really second-guess Gentry on Hill. Hill made Kobe take some Lary Bird-esque ridiculous shots. About the only thing could have stopped him is if Jarron Collins checked in and cock-punched him.

Yes I can. Hill played like dog shit and Kobe's shots weren't falling over Dudley. Gentry's unyielding allegiance to Hill, Frye and Barbosa needs to stop.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:38 PM
You want to keep A'm'a'r'e if he demands a max contract?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:39 PM
what sort of stuck up morals do you have?

Barbosa is single, he takes care of his kid, and he sleeps around because he is single and can do whatever the fuck he wants.

How is this bad? holy shit.

the way you talk, make it seem he's a drug dealer.

Again, people treat him like an innocent virgin 12 year old. My point is he is not above criticism like people think he is because he's so "nice".

florige
05-29-2010, 11:40 PM

Crap still sucked! Not saying it is worse than Phx and Dallas, but it still left me numb staring at the TV. And also the Manu foul on Dirk is right up there too.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:41 PM
You want to keep A'm'a'r'e if he demands a max contract?

Maybe you missed it, but it was Amare's defense that led to Pau Gasol's terrible night.

florige
05-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Yes I can. Hill played like dog shit and Kobe's shots weren't falling over Dudley. Gentry's unyielding allegiance to Hill, Frye and Barbosa needs to stop.

That sounds toooo famliar. Almost like Gentry called and asked Pop's advice on wierd rotations 101 strategies.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Maybe you missed it, but it was Amare's defense that led to Pau Gasol's terrible night.

So you think he deserves a max contract then? Really?

Pero
05-29-2010, 11:45 PM

Dude's gotta get some more offensive moves, he's got like two - a jumper and something I lack the vocabulary to describe. That something didn't end well almost every time he tried it tonight. But more importantly he's got to improve his passing.

Roddy Beaubois
I counted it, and there were 6 rebounds Amare was ready to grab but Frye didn't box his guy out. Amare's low rebounds for game 1 & 2 were telling, but tonight the 4 rebounds aren't telling of his defensive effort. Amare played well.

I probably wasn't watching the game as closely as you, but thats not what I saw. I saw Frye husling more than Amare and getting rebounds, and I saw Amare getting out worked at times. Rebounding was the suns downfall imo, and getting 4 from your PF isn't going to cut it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

I don't care whether or not he deserves it, I just know it's better for the Suns to give him a max contract than let him walk.

Roddy Beaubois
05-29-2010, 11:46 PM
That sounds toooo famliar. Almost like Gentry called and asked Pop's advice on wierd rotations 101 strategies.

I was thinking that sounded like Carlisle. His allengiance to Jason Terry is what got us beat in game 6. All these coaches are the same at times. But still..

Pop>>Gentry>>>>>Carlisle.

silverblk mystix
05-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Gentry fucked up---he should have stayed with Dragic---Hill sucked balls---the entire game==dudley should have stayed on Kobe...

regardless---lakers were the better team

Celtics will prove to be the best team again though, so this was the lakers last hurrah this year---for whatever its worth...

Giuseppe
It's dicey now with Amare & the Suns. They don't want him to walk away without a sign & trade, and if they piss him off he's liable to just take less money and walk away.

Shastafarian
I don't care whether or not he deserves it, I just know it's better for the Suns to give him a max contract than let him walk.

If he walks and they land in the lottery, is that such a bad thing for this team? Nash is on his final contract. Hill is probably gonna retire soon. Dragic will take over the team with Lopez, Dudley, and Frye I guess. Even with Amare, what's the ceiling next year? And if you give him a max contract you're stuck with a no-rebounding, minimal defense PF who has the IQ of a raisin.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:48 PM
I probably wasn't watching the game as closely as you, but thats not what I saw. I saw Frye husling more than Amare and getting rebounds, and I saw Amare getting out worked at times. Rebounding was the suns downfall imo, and getting 4 from your PF isn't going to cut it.

Frye had an easier time grabbing rebounds because Amare was boxing out, Amare was boxing Gasol out and then had to worry about Bynum or Odom. This simple minded, "Amare didn't grab a lot of rebounds, that's why the Suns suck at defense" is truly moronic. Amare's 4 rebounds have nothing to do with Artest and Kobe combining for 62 points.

Roddy Beaubois
05-29-2010, 11:48 PM

There are other less skilled players making just as much money.

Its a tough decision though. His play over the last few months could have been just contract hoeing.

lurker
05-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Amar'e made it up to the Lakers with his fuck ups, especially those two offensive fouls in the 4th.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
If he walks and they land in the lottery, is that such a bad thing for this team? Nash is on his final contract. Hill is probably gonna retire soon. Dragic will take over the team with Lopez, Dudley, and Frye I guess. Even with Amare, what's the ceiling next year? And if you give him a max contract you're stuck with a no-rebounding, minimal defense PF who has the IQ of a raisin.

I never knew someone who just scored 27 points could be such a cancerous presence.

InK

In a world where Hedo, Vince, RJ etc are getting around 15m per ur doubting that Amare is gonna get payed?

Jeremy
05-29-2010, 11:50 PM
I still can't believe Gentry left Barbosa in after the timeout that Amare had to call because of Barbosa's stupidity. And then he won't pass the ball and takes a 30-foot shot. Argh.

Pero
I never knew someone who just scored 27 points could be such a cancerous presence.

Barbosa says hi. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Suns are still one of the worst defensive teams in the league if Amare leaves. I'm not sure why people think letting him leave turns the Suns into a defensive juggernaut.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:51 PM

on 7-20 shooting. He's never been a great rebounder or defender. Just because someone is willing to give him a max contract, doesn't mean he deserves one.

Shastafarian
In a world where Hedo, Vince, RJ etc are getting around 15m per ur doubting that Amare is gonna get payed?

Read what I said again. Does he deserve one?

Jeremy
I thought Gentry should have brought Nash back with 5 and a half minutes left, and instead he leaves him on the bench until the 3:26 mark! In an elimination game. Insanity.

InK
05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Amar'e made it up to the Lakers with his fuck ups, especially those two offensive fouls in the 4th.

Amare is to blame for that ridicilous call? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:52 PM
on 7-20 shooting. He's never been a great rebounder or defender. Just because someone is willing to give him a max contract, doesn't mean he deserves one.

In today's NBA, Amare is a max contract player. Plain and simple.

Roddy Beaubois
05-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Frye had an easier time grabbing rebounds because Amare was boxing out, Amare was boxing Gasol out and then had to worry about Bynum or Odom. This simple minded, "Amare didn't grab a lot of rebounds, that's why the Suns suck at defense" is truly moronic. Amare's 4 rebounds have nothing to do with Artest and Kobe combining for 62 points.

You think Amare getting 4 rebounds isn't a problem?
You think the Lakers getting offensive rebounds didn't equate into more points?

Giuseppe
05-29-2010, 11:53 PM
In today's NBA, Amare is a max contract player. Plain and simple.

Sad, but true.

Symbolism over substance rears it's ugly head.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:54 PM
People keep bringing that up. Would you rather your franchise gives out a max contract because a guy will get it somewhere else or let him walk because he isn't worth a max contract?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:54 PM
I thought Gentry should have brought Nash back with 5 and a half minutes left, and instead he leaves him on the bench until the 3:26 mark! In an elimination game. Insanity.

I can't defend Gentry's rotation decisions in this series. He hasn't earned that contract extension yet, next season there better be more accountability (especially on defense and rebounding) or he's out.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:55 PM
You think Amare getting 4 rebounds isn't a problem?
You think the Lakers getting offensive rebounds didn't equate into more points?

Which offensive rebounds were his fault? Odom's 5 were all on Frye, he was guarding Odom the entire game. Gasol did get 3 but that's what he gets pretty much every night offensive rebounding wise.

baseline bum
05-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Giving Amare a max deal sucks, but what are Phoenix's options? Run the pick and roll for Frye?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-29-2010, 11:56 PM
If Barbosa deserves his current contract, Amare sure as hell deserves a max contract.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:58 PM
He averaged 6 rebounds a game this series and 5.5 a game against Portland. Clearly when he has tall guys to contend with, he doesn't rebound. He's not worth a max deal. Maybe you should hope that Nash can convince Dirk to leave Dallas.

Shastafarian
05-29-2010, 11:58 PM
If Barbosa deserves his current contract, Amare sure as hell deserves a max contract.

He doesn't though. Why make another mistake and give Amare all that money for however many years he wants?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:00 AM
He averaged 6 rebounds a game this series and 5.5 a game against Portland. Clearly when he has tall guys to contend with, he doesn't rebound. He's not worth a max deal. Maybe you should hope that Nash can convince Dirk to leave Dallas.

He'd rebound if he played with a real center. Post AS break he averaged double figure rebounding with Lopez playing next to him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:02 AM
He doesn't though.

You've spent this entire thread scapegoating Amare for why the Suns lost. I'm assuming everyone else played well in your book since all you seem to talk about is Amare. It's almost gay your obsession with him.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Houston had several nice options in line to make a sign-n-trade run for Bosh. Then Bosh went and left them off his "preferred destination" list. My guess is they get back into things for Amare, who'd been linked their the last two trade deadlines (though not as strongly as to other destinations).

Houston can offer Hill, their 2010 1st (top-20) and one of the NY 1sts for Amare. Filler might be needed to make salaries work, since the Rockets aren't under the CAP. Jeffries might need to be thrown in, at which point, maybe another 1st is added.

Suns get a young PF and 1sts, Houston gets to run out a rotation of Brooks, Martin, Ariza, Amare, Ming, Lowry, Budinger, Battier, Hayes, Scola.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Houston can offer Hill, their 2010 1st (top-20) and one of the NY 1sts for Amare.

That trade would royally suck. It's ridiculous how high the standards people hold Amare to are. Whenever the Suns lose, it somehow has to do with him not grabbing enough rebounds. It has nothing to do with the atrocious SG and SF defense, or how much barbosa and hill suck, Amare not grabbing more rebounds is the root of all evil.

Shastafarian
05-30-2010, 12:07 AM
You've spent this entire thread scapegoating Amare for why the Suns lost.I have? Where did I say he's to blame for the loss?

I'm assuming everyone else played well in your book since all you seem to talk about is Amare. It's almost gay your obsession with him.All I talk about is Amare? :lol You do need to go get wasted. Check out the game thread. I basically only rip on Barbosa. I'm not talking about Barbosa now because he's not up for a new (max) contract.

Jeremy
05-30-2010, 12:08 AM
That trade would royally suck. It's ridiculous how high the standards people hold Amare to are. Whenever the Suns lose, it somehow has to do with him not grabbing enough rebounds. It has nothing to do with the atrocious SG and SF defense, or how much barbosa and hill suck, Amare not grabbing more rebounds is the root of all evil.

You used to be Amare's biggest critic a year ago--what happened?

JMarkJohns

Scola and a 1st or two is also possible, but Scola is a FA and would assume more money. At this point, I'd prefer to cut cost and gain young pieces and 1sts than postpone the future any longer.

It's not gonna happen, but I'd ask Nash if there's a contending team he'd like to play for. Not sure there's one beyond LA in need of a PG, and I know he's not going there.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
I'm still waiting to know what offensive rebounds other than Gasol's 3 Amare is responsible for.

Jeremy
05-30-2010, 12:10 AM
He'd rebound if he played with a real center. Post AS break he averaged double figure rebounding with Lopez playing next to him.

But you just said Lopez is not a real center.

Shastafarian
I'm still waiting to know what offensive rebounds other than Gasol's 3 Amare is responsible for.

Are you basing your judgments on him deserving a max deal on this one game?

Roddy Beaubois

You seem surprised that people criticize Amare 7-20, 4 rebound performance.

Im not putting this loss all on Amare. But his play was a big part in it.

Jeremy
05-30-2010, 12:11 AM
I put the loss on Gentry and Amare.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
Are you basing your judgments on him deserving a max deal on this one game?

No, I'm basing it off his post AS-break play.

DUNCANownsKOBE2

:lmao and not Tardbosa or Grant Hill?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Scola and a 1st or two is also possible, but Scola is a FA and would assume more money. At this point, I'd prefer to cut cost and gain young pieces and 1sts than postpone the future any longer.

It's not gonna happen, but I'd ask Nash if there's a contending team he'd like to play for. Not sure there's one beyond LA in need of a PG, and I know he's not going there.

You just wanna turn the team into a lottery team in full rebuilding mode right after this? I don't get it....

Oh, Gee!!
05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
how many alcoholic drinks will one consume until one drinks oneself into a question mark?

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 12:13 AM

I can't pull them off the top of my head. Point is, Amare did a terrible job rebounding tonight. Its like he only got them if they fell into his lap. With his athleticism he should be able to go get rebounds, not just have them come to him.

Jeremy
:lmao and not Tardbosa or Grant Hill?

Barbosa shouldn't have been in there/left in there. Gentry's fault.

lurker
It's ridiculous how high the standards people hold Amare to are.You realize Amar'e brought it all on himself with that stupid mouth of his, right? People just expect him to live up to what he claims he is.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:14 AM
You seem surprised that people criticize Amare 7-20, 4 rebound performance.

Im not putting this loss all on Amare. But his play was a big part in it.

Quit acting like you watched the game badfish, all you can do is read stats off the box score. You still have yet to answer my question as to what offensive rebounds outside of Gasol's 3 Amare is responsible for, probably because you didn't watch the game.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:15 AM
I can't pull them off the top of my head. Point is, Amare did a terrible job rebounding tonight.

:lmao you can't give me any examples of Amare's bad rebounding, but you can say he did a terrible job because you read the stat sheet.

Pero
05-30-2010, 12:15 AM

You could. And you could add Barbosa. And Nash fucked up when they had the chance to cut the lead to one or tie the game. And probably more.

But in the end, it was the great play of Artest and Fisher. And above all Kobe made some incredibly tough shots down the stretch. I'm pretty sure had he not made those the Lakers would've lost.

Koolaid_Man
05-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Barbosa sucks
Dragic is a stud
The Suns need a center
Barbosa sucks
Kobe is really good
Barbosa sucks
Barbosa sucks

Simply Fuck You Very Much!!! ohh and instead of calling you a SOB...just tell yo mama she's a bitch...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
GOD DAMMIT AMARE, KOBE DROPPED 37 POINTS!!! If you grabbed 10 rebounds instead of 4, he would have been lucky to get 10!

Roddy Beaubois
Quit acting like you watched the game badfish, all you can do is read stats off the box score. You still have yet to answer my question as to what offensive rebounds outside of Gasol's 3 Amare is responsible for, probably because you didn't watch the game.

I watched most of the game. I saw Frye doing a much better job rebounding than Amare. I saw the Lakers get key offensive boards down the stretch while Amare just stood there.

You seem to be getting tense. After the Mavs lost, I was not sober long. Follow my example.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:19 AM
I watched most of the game.

:lmao code for didn't watch much of it.

Pero
05-30-2010, 12:19 AM
You seem to be getting tense. After the Mavs lost, I was not sober long. Follow my example.

:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I saw the Lakers get key offensive boards down the stretch while Amare just stood there.

Yet you can't identify one Lakers offensive rebound that Amare was responsible for.

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 12:21 AM
:lmao code for didn't watch much of it.

I watched at least 75% of it, probably more. And the rebounds I saw Amare get were easy rebounds most anyone could pull down.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 12:23 AM
You just wanna turn the team into a lottery team in full rebuilding mode right after this? I don't get it....

You're relying on too many iffy variables to think they'll repeat this type of performance. They have some youngsters who can improve, but too many players are at their peak, and the ages of many of them could mean they are over.

To keep this team, it'll require damn near MAX if not MAX for Amare, at least 25 million of the 36 MLE for Frye, another 2/3 per for Amundson. Hill will likely re-up.

They have Clark and Barbosa as their only truly expendable players from their core, and neither have much value. They have no 1sts, and will use up their MLE to re-sign their frontcourt, and thus have no money to get a quality SF.

I just don't see this team getting any better. Perhaps they try, then figure things out later, but that's only going to cost them money and delay the rebuild effort, which is already hurt by a lack of picks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:25 AM
You're relying on too many iffy variables to think they'll repeat this type of performance. They have some youngsters who can improve, but too many players are at their peak, and the ages of many of them could mean they are over.

To keep this team, it'll require damn near MAX if not MAX for Amare, at least 25 million of the 36 MLE for Frye, another 2/3 per for Amundson. Hill will likely re-up.

They have Clark and Barbosa as their only truly expendable players from their core, and neither have much value. They have no 1sts, and will use up their MLE to re-sign their frontcourt, and thus have no money to get a quality SF.

I just don't see this team getting any better. Perhaps they try, then figure things out later, but that's only going to cost them money and delay the rebuild effort, which is already hurt by a lack of picks.

They'll have cap room in 2011 and 2012. IMO they just let Frye, Amundson and Barbosa leave. None of them are huge contributors. Get a real center and a real backup SG, this team gets better at D and still almost as good on O with cap room to get better.

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 12:25 AM
GOD DAMMIT AMARE, KOBE DROPPED 37 POINTS!!! If you grabbed 10 rebounds instead of 4, he would have been lucky to get 10!

Fine. Lets all praise Amare and his flawless performance. He furiously pulled down 4 whole rebounds and shot a heroic 35%!

Blame who you want, but please spare Amare. That 7-0 beast went down fighting, leaving his heart and soul on the floor.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Fine. Lets all praise Amare and his flawless performance. He furiously pulled down 4 whole rebounds and shot a heroic 35%!

Blame who you want, but please spare Amare. That 7-0 beast went down fighting, leaving his heart and soul on the floor.

lol resorting to strawman argument's because you got owned. badfish. Worry about your annual first round exit team.

Shastafarian
05-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Go make friends with a bottle of scotch. Nothing good will come of you staying here. Only good can come of you getting wasted on scotch.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Go make friends with a bottle of scotch. Nothing good will come of you staying here. Only good can come of you getting wasted on scotch.

Party doesn't start till 30 minutes.

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 12:31 AM
lol resorting to strawman argument's because you got owned.

Shastafarian
05-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Party doesn't start till 30 minutes.

:toast

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 12:37 AM
They'll have cap room in 2011 and 2012. IMO they just let Frye, Amundson and Barbosa leave. None of them are huge contributors. Get a real center and a real backup SG, this team gets better at D and still almost as good on O with cap room to get better.

I think you underestimate the impact of having a player like Frye. He's inconsistent, but his ability to stretch the floor is worth a great deal. I don't know how the Suns get this C and backup SG. Like I said, they have precious few young pieces already, and can't afford to trade Dragic or Lopez. Clark has very little value on the market, and Barbosa practically none at the moment. With zero 1sts of value to really throw at an acquisition, I don't see Barbosa being involved in the deal for either. Maybe for the SG, but that's likely to require Clark and a future 1st. That's a tough package to give up for a conference contention and little else.

I'd love to hear what centers and shooting guards are available for what the Suns have to offer. I'm serious. If there's a way to remain contending, I'd love to do it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:39 AM
I think you underestimate the impact of having a player like Frye. He's inconsistent, but his ability to stretch the floor is worth a great deal. I don't know how the Suns get this C and backup SG. Like I said, they have precious few young pieces already, and can't afford to trade Dragic or Lopez. Clark has very little value on the market, and Barbosa practically none at the moment. With zero 1sts of value to really throw at an acquisition, I don't see Barbosa being involved in the deal for either. Maybe for the SG, but that's likely to require Clark and a future 1st. That's a tough package to give up for a conference contention and little else.

I'd love to hear what centers and shooting guards are available for what the Suns have to offer. I'm serious. If there's a way to remain contending, I'd love to do it.

I'm saying keep the transition phase for another year and then make a splash in FA in 2011 or 2012. Blowing the team up would be stupid. Gortat is probably available at C, Rodney Carney at back SG.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 12:48 AM
I'm saying keep the transition phase for another year and then make a splash in FA in 2011 or 2012. Blowing the team up would be stupid. Gortat is probably available at C, Rodney Carney at back SG.

They need to trade Barbosa to Houston for Jeffries. Houston could lose Lowry, and Barbosa is more of a need than Jeffries for the Rockets if Lowry leaves. It might take a future 1st to do so, but it would clear CAP for 2011 and Jeffries is a solid defender to replace Amundson, though I'd hate to see PTD leave.

Gortat is interesting, but I don't see the Suns having the pieces to get him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:54 AM
They need to trade Barbosa period or if that doesn't work trap him in a grease fire.

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 01:12 AM
I think you underestimate the impact of having a player like Frye. He's inconsistent, but his ability to stretch the floor is worth a great deal.

It's a trap. Spending the bulk of the MLE on Frye would be a mistake.

Eventually, getting to the top in the NBA involves spending some time at the bottom unless you are the beneficiary of a trade that raises cries of collusion.

For Phoenix to stay near their current level they will have to keep Amare and pay him the max or very close to it. The Amare/Nash combo has been together for five years. Do you really believe that their best year is yet to come? Do you trust Amare to live up to a 6yr/120M contract?

Steve Kerr will need to answer those questions.

sook
05-30-2010, 01:27 AM
You're not going to give Nash props for playing like he did?

Few players have had to play the way he has. And you are being very unfair to him in this case DOK.

You should feel lucky you have such a guy, 1st ballot HOFer, and someone that cares more about his team than a fucking paycheck.

sook
05-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Barbosa sucks
Dragic is a stud
The Suns need a center
Barbosa sucks
Kobe is really good
Barbosa sucks
Barbosa sucks

NASH IS FUCKING AMAZING AND I WILL NEVER RAG ON HIM AGAIN!

fixed

baseline bum
05-30-2010, 01:33 AM
Eh, you gotta live with Barbosa one more year, and then he becomes a valuable expiring.

LnGrrrR
05-30-2010, 01:39 AM
fixed

He gave him props, though I think it was in another thread.

lurker
05-30-2010, 01:43 AM
They need to trade Barbosa period or if that doesn't work trap him in a grease fire.
I think the way I used to kill off my Sims would work. Ask him to go swimming and then take away the ladder.

You're not going to give Nash props for playing like he did?Does that surprise you? :lol

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 02:00 AM
It's a trap. Spending the bulk of the MLE on Frye would be a mistake.

Eventually, getting to the top in the NBA involves spending some time at the bottom unless you are the beneficiary of a trade that raises cries of collusion.

For Phoenix to stay near their current level they will have to keep Amare and pay him the max or very close to it. The Amare/Nash combo has been together for five years. Do you really believe that their best year is yet to come? Do you trust Amare to live up to a 6yr/120M contract?

Steve Kerr will need to answer those questions.

I understand everything you say. I'm the one arguing to let 'em all go to free up CAP and via sign-n-trade.

If the Suns decide to remain competitive, then they can't just let Frye go. He's crucial in what he does. Granted, all it is is chuck threes, but it helps Phoenix tremendously. I wouldn't want to spend any more than 5 years, 20 million, but I understand if they spend as much as 25 million to keep him (though I say 5 years, I simply mean 4 million is preferred, but 5 million is understandable). Anything more, is too much and will kill the Suns if longer term.

As far as answers to your questions, Nash/Amare have peaked, and no, Amare cannot live up to a MAX contract with his current skillset/mentality.

redzero
05-30-2010, 02:40 AM
fixed

"Amazing" is pushing it.

ezau
05-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Barbosa sucks
Dragic is a stud
The Suns need a center
Barbosa sucks
Kobe is really good
Barbosa sucks
Barbosa sucks

I feel really sorry for Nash. He will be one of the many great players who will never win a title their entire career. Though the Suns eliminated the Spurs, I really felt like this was the best chance that they'll ever have to win a title. Nash is fucking amazing, I need that guy's jersey

Killakobe81
05-30-2010, 04:55 AM

I agree with DOK here what type of great defense was Barbosa playing?

If im gonna go down for the season I want my 2time MVP playing ...
And if Dragic was hot Barbosa sits ...

pauls931
05-30-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm suprised DoK didn't die in a mexican knife fight before leaving the stadium... My thoughts.

Barbosa Sucks.
Amare didn't give it his all. He missed numerous passes not paying attention.
Dragic, now battle tested. No longer Tragic.
Dudley, cool, smooth...
Grant Hill, while not offensive juggernaut did what he could with kobe.
Jrich - stud with knack for f'ing up at the worst possible time.
Frye - not horrible, but not mentally tough enough for the road
Amundsun - all hustle, forever a scrub
Lopez - low minutes, like him going forward
Gentry - wish he was able to be coach a few years earlier, f's up rotations though
Nash - did what he could do, even tried playing defense. Hats off.
Collison - given enough pt could be proven to be worse than barbosa

I'm probably forgetting a couple... Either way I pray Amare will stay. If not, then they need to sign some serious talent after nash leaves.

Great season suns, way to turn it around after that meltdown in the mid-season.

Giuseppe
05-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Amare quits in half the games and Paul wants to max him out.:rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 09:50 AM
You're not going to give Nash props for playing like he did?

Few players have had to play the way he has. And you are being very unfair to him in this case DOK.

You should feel lucky you have such a guy, 1st ballot HOFer, and someone that cares more about his team than a fucking paycheck.

Nash played well last night but it's not like he had an EXTREMELY good game. I've given the guy props, I'm not gonna constantly slob his knob because the Suns almost made the finals rather than didn't come close to making the finals.

lol terrorist sympathizer

Muser
05-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Props to Phoenix and everyone to do with the Franchise, they went from Lottery team to WCF in one season.

BUMP
05-30-2010, 10:14 AM
This was a really strange series in the fact that there really wasn't a scapegoat or someone who cost the series for Phoenix. Everyone played pretty well, its just the Mamba couldn't be stopped

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree the biggest reason Phoenix lost was because LA was better but Barbosa shouldn't have touched the court the entire series, let alone play in an elimination game.

pauls931
05-30-2010, 10:26 AM
I agree the biggest reason Phoenix lost was because LA was better but Barbosa shouldn't have touched the court the entire series, let alone play in an elimination game.

This is what makes gentry different and perhaps key in Dragic developing. you can play like shit and he still wont give up on you. but barbosa was the wrong guy to play. he is quick but also a chucker.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
This is what makes gentry different and perhaps key in Dragic developing. you can play like shit and he still wont give up on you. but barbosa was the wrong guy to play. he is quick but also a chucker.

Barbosa has gotten to comfortable in Phoenix and that's on Gentry for being too nice to him. Dragic has a great work ethic and doesn't need a coach to be on his ass. As long as Barbosa is on a team with a coach that lets him go 3-9, he's not gonna change at all.

21_Blessings
05-30-2010, 10:43 AM
The Suns bench was the reason they climbed back into the game. Barbosa was apart of that run.

The loss had everything to do with Kobe and Ron going off and nothing to do with Gentry.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 10:44 AM
The Suns bench was the reason they climbed back into game.

Yeah, but that was in spite of Barbosa being on the court.

kobyz
05-30-2010, 11:45 AM
the refs were not letting the Lakers to lose like they doing for years, like when the lead drop to 3 and the Lakers victory was in danger the refs come with BS offensive foul call on Amare.
refs afraid from the Lakers, they wants them to win, it's like this for more then 10 years that i know.

hitmanyr2k
05-30-2010, 12:12 PM

Agreed. Amare is the 2nd coming of Carlos Boozer...a soft, jumpshooting, low IQ player. The only difference is as soft as Boozer is he would NEVER get 4 fuckin rebounds in two HUGE playoff games back to back. That's just ridiculous. I'll laugh my ass off if they give Amare a max contract. If that's the best effort he can put out in a contract year I can't wait to see his output when he gets his money :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:16 PM
lol comparing Amare to Boozer
lol John Paxson
lol one of the shittiest GM's in basketball
lol a franchise known for disloyalty

pauls931
05-30-2010, 12:17 PM
the refs were not letting the Lakers to lose like they doing for years, like when the lead drop to 3 and the Lakers victory was in danger the refs come with BS offensive foul call on Amare.
refs afraid from the Lakers, they wants them to win, it's like this for more then 10 years that i know.

If there's one play I'll bitch on, that's it. Gasol flopped big time to prevent amare from catching and spinning off him for a layup or dunk. That late in a playoff game 98% of the time, the refs will swallow their whistle. That play changed the momentum of the game.

Giuseppe
05-30-2010, 12:21 PM
This was a really strange series in the fact that there really wasn't a scapegoat or someone who cost the series for Phoenix.

Please.

Amare quit in the first two games and last night, but, Media had the hair shirt cut & tailored not for him, but, for Artest. :lol But, that stubborn looney tune wouldn't abide. It was like when that layup by that Lee kid for Orlando didn't go in last June. Christ, next morn they still wrote the articles like it had. :lol

After Artest's layup one didn't hear about the layup, just his dunderhead shot afore it and Ron working out at midnite and being late the next morning to practice. One more chance to lynch this n word. He even went along with his own comeuppance when he took umbrage at Nashs' guarantee of a Game Six victory. Media was gonna roast this n word.

Uh, uh, he left the Suns, and the white man Nash, dead in the ground, first 12 minutes.

Just like that.

hitmanyr2k
05-30-2010, 12:27 PM
lol comparing Amare to Boozer

Boozer and Amare are both undersized and soft as hell
Boozer and Amare have no post game and can only shoot jumpers
Boozer and Amare depend on their star PGs to spoon-feed them
Boozer and Amare are mental midgets and you can depend on them to make mistakes at crucial times.

Can you dispute any of that? :lol

The only difference between the two players is Boozer would at least hit the boards harder and give more effort...especially in a fuckin contract year :lol Four rebounds man!! FOUR!! In consecutive HUGE playoff games. You want to give a max contract to a PF who does that?

pauls931
05-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Amare goes at the hoop 1000x what boozer does. Boozer does that turn around high arching shot 99% of the time. Amare attacks most of the time but I admit LA's bigs probably intimidated him to where he settled for more jumpers than he should.

But you have to think in the back of Amare's mind... 'Will I end up like Shawn if I leave?'

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Boozer and Amare are both undersized and soft as hell
Boozer and Amare have no post game and can only shoot jumpers
Boozer and Amare depend on their star PGs to spoon-feed them
Boozer and Amare are mental midgets and you can depend on them to make mistakes at crucial times.

Can you dispute any of that? :lol

The only difference between the two players is Boozer would at least hit the boards harder and give more effort...especially in a fuckin contract year :lol Four rebounds man!! FOUR!! In consecutive HUGE playoff games. You want to give a max contract to a PF who does that?

Amare scored 30 points the one game Nash was injured this year, it's a myth he needs Nash to spoon feed him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:33 PM

No, I think they should bring John Paxson in as GM so he can draft the next Marcus Fizer.

bostonguy
05-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Amare scored 30 points the one game Nash was injured this year, it's a myth he needs Nash to spoon feed him.

DOK how you holding up dawg?

21_Blessings
05-30-2010, 12:35 PM
If there's one play I'll bitch on, that's it. Gasol flopped big time to prevent amare from catching and spinning off him for a layup or dunk. That late in a playoff game 98% of the time, the refs will swallow their whistle. That play changed the momentum of the game.

:lmao Phoenix + 50 at the fucking charity stripe

That was an offensive foul by definition and the fact that Pau ended up on the ground it had to be called.

It's no where near as dumb as the call Phoenix got with like .7 seconds in the 4th in one of the previous games. Or the non-call on the Gasol dunk in game 5 :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:35 PM
DOK how you holding up dawg?

I'm fine, I just hate these faggot Bulls and Spurs fans who think they know everything there is to know about the Suns because they bandwagoned them for 6 games when they played the Lakers.

pauls931
05-30-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm fine, I just hate these faggot Bulls and Spurs fans who think they know everything there is to know about the Suns because they bandwagoned them for 6 games when they played the Lakers.

I admit, I got annoyed by this too. They'd criticize everything the suns did wrong as if the Spurs or Mavericks would do better. I think a good new rule is if your team is out and you bitch about another team your bandwagonning, instant pink.

hitmanyr2k
05-30-2010, 12:40 PM

Yippee...that ONE game was probably against the Clippers. Everything I said about the guy is true and the comparison to Boozer is a valid one.

In fact I think I'm actually insulting Boozer by putting Amare on his level :lol :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Yippee...that ONE game was probably against the Clippers.

It was actually against the Thunder, a good defensive team. Just goes to show how much you don't know about the Suns.

hitmanyr2k
05-30-2010, 12:42 PM

I watched Amare's punk ass against the Blazers too. And he couldn't rebound for SHIT in that series either. He's SOFT man. Just admit it. He's no PF. He's just an over-sized 2 guard. That's what he plays like the majority of the time.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:43 PM
I watched Amare's punk ass against the Blazers too. And he couldn't rebound for SHIT in that series either. He's SOFT man. Just admit it. He's no PF. He's just an over-sized 2 guard. That's what he plays like the majority of the time.

Funny how you're neglecting to mention him against the Spurs. As soft as he is, your shit ass Bulls team could use him to help them get out of the 1st round since they've only done it once since MJ retired.

pauls931
05-30-2010, 12:44 PM
:lmao Phoenix + 50 at the fucking charity stripe

That was an offensive foul by definition and the fact that Pau ended up on the ground it had to be called.

It's no where near as dumb as the call Phoenix got with like .7 seconds in the 4th in one of the previous games. Or the non-call on the Gasol dunk in game 5 :rolleyes

Suns got FTs because the lakers were using the formula for rattling the suns, playing physical. LA was fouling.

hitmanyr2k
05-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Funny how you're neglecting to mention him against the Spurs. As soft as he is, your shit ass Bulls team could use him to help them get out of the 1st round since they've only done it once since MJ retired.

He had a couple of good games against the Spurs. So? The Spurs were beaten more by the Suns bench than Amare :lol

And HOLY SHIT!! How does a PF in a contract year only average 6 boards in the playoffs? I knew he was a poor rebounder but goddamn :lol :lol I can't believe Suns fans are defending this kind of mediocrity.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:49 PM
He had a couple of good games against the Spurs. So? The Spurs were beaten more by the Suns bench than Amare :lol

And HOLY SHIT!! How does a PF in a contract year only average 6 boards in the playoffs? I knew he was a poor rebounder but goddamn :lol :lol I can't believe Suns fans are defending this kind of mediocrity.

I can't believe you defend a team that can't get out of the first round. It must suck even more that you have to pretend to be a Suns fan right now.

hitmanyr2k
05-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I can't believe you defend a team that can't get out of the first round. It must suck even more that you have to pretend to be a Suns fan right now.

Hey, as long as my team doesn't go out and waste free agent money on a power-less forward I'll survive :lol Derrick Rose's star is rising and many free agents are looking at Chicago so our future is looking a hell of a lot better than the aging Phoenix Suns right now :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Hey, as long as my team doesn't go out and waste free agent money on a power-less forward I'll survive :lol Derrick Rose's star is rising and many free agents are looking at Chicago so our future is looking a hell of a lot better than the aging Phoenix Suns right now :toast

Sorry but free agents don't like teams known for disloyalty.

BadOdor
05-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Dok, you need to let go of amare's nuts. He is a soft, no D playing bitch who isn't even close to deserving max money. I have no idea why you're sucking his cock so much, while you were busy shitting on nash so much - the reason your team has made it so far. Face it, amare = boozer.

sook
05-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Nash played well last night but it's not like he had an EXTREMELY good game. I've given the guy props, I'm not gonna constantly slob his knob because the Suns almost made the finals rather than didn't come close to making the finals.

lol terrorist sympathizer
how am a i terrorist sympathizer?

I am nuetral, if anything I don't support the state Israel, which invokes terror all the time.

sook
05-30-2010, 01:08 PM
ok...i would still pick amare a million times over boozer. Its just nuts to say otherwise.

sook
05-30-2010, 01:10 PM
amare has god given talent but he has times when he just doesn't give ashit and you want to kick him off the court.

Boozer is like that all the time when it isn't a contract year. And he is a small stubby PF that should really start using proactive.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Dok, you need to let go of amare's nuts. He is a soft, no D playing bitch who isn't even close to deserving max money. I have no idea why you're sucking his cock so much, while you were busy shitting on nash so much - the reason your team has made it so far. Face it, amare = boozer.

He is a naturally shitty rebounder, but given the right supporting cast, he can still be a key piece on a championship team. The problem is he's expected to be a franchise player, something he clearly isn't.

And Amare does not equal Boozer, Amare is a way better offensive player and doesn't miss 30 games every year. He also isn't a lying sac of sub-human shit that people hate.

TampaDude
05-30-2010, 01:58 PM
He also isn't a lying sac of sub-human shit that people hate.

Oh, you mean he's not Sasha Vujacic??? :lmao

Smooth Criminal
05-30-2010, 02:26 PM
The Brazillian Blur used to be good right? Like a few years ago?

Findog
05-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Barbosa sucks
Dragic is a stud
The Suns need a center
Barbosa sucks
Kobe is really good
Barbosa sucks
Barbosa sucks

You forgot:

* Suns would've beaten the Lakers if Earl Clark had played more
* Suns should've let Nash aka "The Canadian Cancer" walk last summer so they could've won 37 games this year and get the 9th pick in the draft instead.
* Suns never should've traded Shaq last summer - he averaged an 18/9 last year. Suns were definitely worse off this year without Shaq.

Findog
05-30-2010, 04:55 PM

Nash is the Canadian Cancer apparently. Amare, on the other hand, deserves a pass because he went into BEAST mode for 3 months for a contract push. Let's all remember this next December when he's going through the motions and putting up 21/7.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Findog, I've given Nash props multiple times for shitting on me this season, but it doesn't change what happened last season. I'm glad to see it was only a 1 year thing, but going off last season I had every right to be pissed at him. Last year, Shaq was the best player on the Suns, plain and simple. I'm more than glad I was wrong about the decision the team made, but my opinions were by no means irrational. I also don't get how he could have walked last summer, the team had an option on him for this season that they picked up.

PS - Earl Clark could have certainly helped against LA if he had been getting consistent PT all season. He has the length and athleticism to guard Kobe or Odom better than anyone else did.

21_Blessings
05-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Hmm Dampier or Steve Nash. Hmmmm which one would I rather have?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Now that I'm watching this game over again, I could care less if Amare stays/leaves. His disengaged demeanor the 1st 3 quarters had everything to do with a lack of ball movement and touches (once he was in with the 2nd unit in the 4th and was getting touches, he was focused), but it's ridiculous how someone who thinks he deserves a max contract falls apart whenever his teammates do. If the whole team was sucking I'd be fine with him being no different, but in the 1st quarter when Phoenix scored 34 points, he had no excuse for the shit defense he played just because he wasn't getting touches. I'd still prefer to keep him since he does have a good chemistry with the young guys on the team (Dudley, Dragic, Lopez) and can succeed in the right scenario, but if Kerr and Sarver think it'll be easier to go with more cap flexibility and if it'll be tough on Nash to end his career on a team trying to build around Amare and force feed him so he stays focused, I fully support them letting him leave.

pauls931
05-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Now that I'm watching this game over again, I could care less if Amare stays/leaves. His disengaged demeanor the 1st 3 quarters had everything to do with a lack of ball movement and touches (once he was in with the 2nd unit in the 4th and was getting touches, he was focused), but it's ridiculous how someone who thinks he deserves a max contract falls apart whenever his teammates do. If the whole team was sucking I'd be fine with him being no different, but in the 1st quarter when Phoenix scored 34 points, he had no excuse for the shit defense he played just because he wasn't getting touches. I'd still prefer to keep him since he does have a good chemistry with the young guys on the team (Dudley, Dragic, Lopez) and can succeed in the right scenario, but if Kerr and Sarver think it'll be easier to go with more cap flexibility and if it'll be tough on Nash to end his career on a team trying to build around Amare and force feed him so he stays focused, I fully support them letting him leave.

You noticed that too? I saw him bobble at least 3 great passes from Nash and Dragic, the type of plays someone not having their head in the game would have. I didn't notice his shortcomings on D so much.

But even that horrible pass by Barbosa that he recovered, the effort he made was just barely good enough to recover the ball when any serious effort would have easily retrieved it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 06:18 PM
The problem is he stops expecting the ball, moving without the ball and stops looking for the ball if he goes like 2 possessions without touching it, regardless of whether or not his team scored. This also leads to a lack of focus on defense. By no means did the team do a good job getting him the ball in good spots or make an effort to get him touches in the slightest, but chances are if he was a better leader who his coaches and teammates respected there would have been the concerted effort to get him the ball.

sook
05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
i would totally give phoenix anything other than brooks for Nash, hell maybe even brooks if 7 '6" piece of shit can stay healthy because whether you like it or not ...he is the 2nd smartest player in the league after kobe. Maybe smarter, but with less talent

A guy wrecking at that sort of age is no joke. Steve Nash revolutionized the suns upon his arrival.

sook
05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
o fuck. I just realized I was repping the suns in my avatar and sig! :lol

sorry but kaytie is there to stay :)