BRHornet45
05-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Lebron, Wade, and Amare in Milwaukee ... fear the mothafuckin deer sons

Shastafarian
05-30-2010, 12:30 AM
New Jersey

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 12:35 AM
A team that will regret the decision long before the end of the contract.

Given how the last decade has gone for the Knicks, NY seems a likely destination.

DJ Mbenga
05-30-2010, 02:52 AM
whoever that is, they will be fired before the season is over

ducks
05-30-2010, 08:55 PM
the problem is he was the 3 team leader in rebounding

how pathetic is that

and amare was motivated after all star break trying to get the max contract

thedong
05-30-2010, 09:10 PM
His bitch will max out his credit card

timvpimp
05-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Amare will stay with suns for another season, as he once promised. Genuinely he wants a max but it's not easy to get one this summer where there will be competitions against Wade, James, Bosh, Joe Johnson etc..., all of whom are considered better players. Amare just waits for another year then he will easily get an ideal contract next summer as the best guy in FA market, and guaranteed he'll get overpaid like how Brand got his deal back in the summer of 08.

JamStone
05-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I don't think D'Antoni would want to coach Amare again.

I can see Amare going to Miami and I think Miami want him. But I think there's a really good chance that Chicago goes after him if they strike out with LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

Shastafarian
05-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I really think New Jersey is the most likely destination. He probably wants to be top dog wherever he goes. Who else wants that AND would go to New Jersey? He'll go because they'll offer him a max contract and that's the only other thing he cares about.

Wade, LeBron, Bosh, and even Joe Johnson will turn NJ down. That leaves Amar'e as their main target.

Mel_13
03-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Posted on May 30, 2010:

Given how the last decade has gone for the Knicks, NY seems a likely destination.

Juggity
03-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Posted on May 30, 2010:

:lol clairvoyant

Kai
03-27-2012, 06:28 PM

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Scrub
03-27-2012, 06:40 PM

:clap

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Posted on May 30, 2010:
Amare 22 points, 70% shooting, 12 boards

Please, tell me more about how a back injury that caused Amare to miss 13 games means a contract that lasts 5 seasons, or 410 games was such a bad decision.

The Knicks would be so much better if they chose Hakeem Warrick, Josh Childress and Channing Frye instead of Amare like the Suns did. That decision worked out so well for them.

lol Spurfan
lol celebrating someone getting injured because it might validate their opinion

Pelicans78
04-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Knicks should figure out to succeed with Melo, Amare, and TC on the floor. I would isolate Melo with Amare on the perimeter, or let TC and Amare set screens for Melo. They're fine defensively as long as TC is on the floor, but they need to figure it out offensively. They did well today with Amare and Melo playing the 5 and 4.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I agree that it happened to work today but Amare and Melo at the 5 and 4 isn't a recipe for long term success. Laundry Fields is a big problem. People think :crygreat fuckin Stanford alumni who rebounds really well for a shooting guard:cry but they don't see how detrimental a shooting guard who can't shoot for shit is to their offense with the spacing all messed up. They need a shooting guard who can curl off screens and score without dominating the ball in the half court. They also need a PG who knows his role and can set everything up while also knocking down open shots.

I also think at this point Mike Woodson has earned a 2 year deal similar to the one Gentry got after the 2008-2009 season when he took over for Porter.

Axe Murderer
04-22-2012, 03:04 PM
i hate when people just predict that everything's gonna be a failure because they know said move won't be enough to win a title. Even if it improves the team they can just say "Ha! This team still didn't win a championship! What a terrible move! I was right all along!" Despite the fact that the Knicks are better now than before they got Amare

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:05 PM
I agree that it happened to work today but Amare and Melo at the 5 and 4 isn't a recipe for long term success. Laundry Fields is a big problem. People think :crygreat fuckin Stanford alumni who rebounds really well for a shooting guard:cry but they don't see how detrimental a shooting guard who can't shoot for shit is to their offense with the spacing all messed up. They need a shooting guard who can curl off screens and score without dominating the ball in the half court. They also need a PG who knows his role and can set everything up while also knocking down open shots.

I also think at this point Mike Woodson has earned a 2 year deal similar to the one Gentry got after the 2008-2009 season when he took over for Porter.

Lin fits the pg role for them quite well but yeah they need a SG, that may be their biggest problem on offense, aside from amare and melo both being ball dominant which will never change. perennial second round exit is that team's ceiling, instead of their current first round exit ceiling imho.

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:06 PM
i hate when people just predict that everything's gonna be a failure because they know said move won't be enough to win a title. Even if it improves the team they can just say "Ha! This team still didn't win a championship! What a terrible move! I was right all along!" Despite the fact that the Knicks are better now than before they got Amare

when do you cease geophysical studies and return to south oklahoma?

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Lin fits the pg role for them quite well
I disagree. Lin was productive when Melo and Amare were injured so he got to dominate the ball and whore pick and rolls. Lin and Melo had horrible chemistry.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:07 PM
rofl calling Amare ball dominant when he's co-existed with a ball dominant PG most of his career

*Cue: I was just saying that to piss you off knowing it was retarded!

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
I disagree. Lin was productive when Melo and Amare were injured so he got to dominate the ball and whore pick and rolls. Lin and Melo had horrible chemistry.

melo has chemistry problems with a lot of players rofl. sorry that lin wants to make the smart play while melo's mind is on another stratosphere thinking of the n!gger play to make rofl rofl

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:09 PM
rofl calling Amare ball dominant when he's co-existed with a ball dominant PG most of his career

*Cue: I was just saying that to piss you off knowing it was retarded!

nash was ball dominant in a totally different way that he was always looking to set someone up. melo is now always looking to set amare up? didn't think so. their styles of play clash and you know it!

Axe Murderer
04-22-2012, 03:10 PM
when do you cease geophysical studies and return to south oklahoma?

idk

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Spurfan acts like the concept of "Giving ______ a max contract might not be the ideal scenario but its the best available scenario" is more difficult to grasp than geophysics. If the Knicks chose to give Amare a max contract over Lebron or some shit then it'd be a different story. Their choices were either A) give Amare the max and at least become relevant again so other players might want to come there or B) follow Mel_13 logic and make no significant moves during the off season that you've been throwing the kitchen sink at for years trying to clear cap space for.

Pelicans78
04-22-2012, 03:11 PM

That's true. They just need guys who can space the floor without getting in the way offensively.

Yeah, Lin isn't a good fit at all with them.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
melo has chemistry problems with a lot of players rofl. sorry that lin wants to make the smart play while melo's mind is on another stratosphere thinking of the n!gger play to make rofl rofl
rofl you and D'antoni should meet up and discuss how Lin should be the superstar and Melo should be the role player.

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
why couldn't lin be that pg? little chink just needs to learn his role and stop thinking he's the next asian sensation lol. work on his j and stop trying to be a creator.

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:13 PM
^but there is no cure for both amare and melo's stupid

Axe Murderer
04-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Spurfan acts like the concept of "Giving ______ a max contract might not be the ideal scenario but its the best available scenario" is more difficult to grasp than geophysics. If the Knicks chose to give Amare a max contract over Lebron or some shit then it'd be a different story. Their choices were either A) give Amare the max and at least become relevant again so other players might want to come there or B) follow Mel_13 logic and make no significant moves during the off season that you've been throwing the kitchen sink at for years trying to clear cap space for.

tbh the Spurs have been the luckiest franchise ever by being able to basically draft a championship team. That's why some of their fans don't realize that sitting there and fingering your butthole won't do you any good 99% of the time.

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:15 PM
tbh the Spurs have been the luckiest franchise ever by being able to basically draft a championship team. That's why some of their fans don't realize that sitting there and fingering your butthole won't do you any good 99% of the time.

it does me lots of good, frees up the shit and cures constipation

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:15 PM
nash was ball dominant in a totally different way that he was always looking to set someone up. melo is now always looking to set amare up? didn't think so. their styles of play clash and you know it!
The "their styles of play clash" argument has always been retarded. Lebron and Wade have styles of play that clash. Gasol, Bynum and Odom had styles of play that clashed. Ginobili and Parker had styles of play that clashed. The teams like the Suns that are always so focused on getting :crygreat fuckin role players:cry who compliment the one ball dominant player on the team are the teams that always fall short.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:17 PM
why couldn't lin be that pg?
Because he's incapable of being productive without dribbling the ball around in circles. Amare and Melo are both capable of scoring off a set play where they play off ball for most of it.

mavs>spurs
The "their styles of play clash" argument has always been retarded. Lebron and Wade have styles of play that clash. Gasol, Bynum and Odom had styles of play that clashed. Ginobili and Parker had styles of play that clashed. The teams like the Suns that are always so focused on getting :crygreat fuckin role players:cry who compliment the one ball dominant player on the team are the teams that always fall short.

those examples all "clashed" so much that it lead to both team success and individual success..can you say the same about amare and melo? is 17 and 7 off 47% shooting good numbers for amare? are the knicks playing to potential by being the 7th seed with 2 (former) superstars and a top defensive center?

Pelicans78

Amare was playing at a high level before he went to the Knicks and during his first season with the Knicks before the Melo trade. He was living up to his contract. They just need to figure out how to make Amare and Melo coexist offensively especially when TC is back.

They may just need to implement some sort of motion offense with passing the ball around and guys getting open with screens and curls instead of just having guys stand around on the court while Melo, Amare or even that prick Lin try to isolate one-on-one.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:18 PM
those examples all "clashed" so much that it lead to both team success and individual success..can you say the same about amare and melo? is 17 and 7 off 47% shooting good numbers for amare?
The jury is still out on what will happen with Amare and Melo, since they haven't had a fucktarded wop coach they've had plenty of team success. You're acting like it's a foregone conclusion the two won't be able to work it out.

And as far as individual success statistically, it didn't really. Wade's scoring this year is his lowest since his rookie year, Bynum was an inconsistent role player while Gasol was considered the #2 guy, and Parker or Ginobili put up much better stats when the other one is injured.

Axe Murderer
04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
:lol come to think of it, I can't think of any championship team that was just built through the draft other than the Spurs

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
there are some on this board (bump i believe) who believe that an nba coach is the most overrated, doesn't matter at all positions in pro sports. i'd like to see you guys work it out how d'antoni is responsible for all the knicks problems while coaches simultaneously don't have any effect at all.

Pelicans78
04-22-2012, 03:21 PM
The two can work out, but they're gonna need a coach who can help them work it out. D'Antoni had no interest in trying. But Melo has to adjust his game as well. Denver shouldn't have need Billups just to get out of the first round with Melo and Nene on the same team.

Pelicans78
04-22-2012, 03:22 PM
there are some on this board (bump i believe) who believe that an nba coach is the most overrated, doesn't matter at all positions in pro sports. i'd like to see you guys work it out how d'antoni is responsible for all the knicks problems while coaches simultaneously don't have any effect at all.

He wasn't responsible for all of the problems, but he wasn't part of the solution either. Knicks have had their best stretches when Amare and Melo both weren't on the floor together.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:26 PM
NBA coaches can have a much larger negative effect than they can a positive effect. Seeing that you agree with D'antoni's fucktarded logic regarding PG oriented offense trying to explain how D'antoni was responsible for the Knicks' problems by letting guys like Toney Douglas, Iman Shumpert and Lin chuck up way too many shots or dominate the ball way too much seems like an exercise in futility.

At the time of D'antoni's firing, the Knicks had the 2nd worst 3 point percentage in the league with the 2nd most 3 point attempts. Given that the coach during that span was the same coach who refused to show any interest in Rondo because Rondo couldn't chuck 3s, you'd be retarded to think that wasn't a stubborn coach trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Also, this stat makes it pretty stupid to pretend D'antoni wasn't the problem:

Record with D'antoni: 18-24
Record with Woodson: 16-6

I'm sure that's just coincidence though.

mavs>spurs
04-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Hold up. I'm not denying that D'antoni was a problem. I'm not a lin fan either, I've been one of his biggest haters back when everyone on this board was slobbing his knob. The proof is out there floating around all over spurstalk servers, look it up if you want. What I'm saying is that in THIS thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191889&highlight=coach+overrated+position

YOU all said that nba coaches were overrated and don't do anything at all, that it's a players league. But i see how you remembered that thread and pre-emptively covered your ass with "they can have a big negative effect, but not a positive effect! i was just saying they can't have a positive effect!"

:lmao

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:30 PM
They may just need to implement some sort of motion offense with passing the ball around and guys getting open with screens and curls instead of just having guys stand around on the court while Melo, Amare or even that prick Lin try to isolate one-on-one.
I agree, and god knows D'antoni was never gonna implement a motion offense that ran sets other than "PG runs a pick and roll with the PF or C while the other 3 players stand around and camp 25 feet from the basket"

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Hold up. I'm not denying that D'antoni was a problem. I'm not a lin fan either, I've been one of his biggest haters back when everyone on this board was slobbing his knob. The proof is out there floating around all over spurstalk servers, look it up if you want. What I'm saying is that in THIS thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191889&highlight=coach+overrated+position

YOU all said that nba coaches were overrated and don't do anything at all, that it's a players league. But i see how you remembered that thread and pre-emptively covered your ass with "they can have a big negative effect, but not a positive effect! i was just saying they can't have a positive effect!"

Way to own yourself, look at all of my posts in that thread:

Tbh baseball managers are less important than NBA head coaches

Baseball fags always say "http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smicry.gif managing a baseball game is extremely difficult http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smicry.gif" when it's not at all.

They only "dial the right hitting or pitching" matchups to a certain extent. Aside from choosing a pinch hitter no more than a few times a game, they submit a lineup before the game and chew on sunflower seeds for the next 3 hours.

Ron Washington managed to be a successful manager while also being a coke head.

This is why I think being an NBA head coach is harder than an MLB manager. NBA head coaches have to make sure their players actually show up to the game sober and make sure they aren't hung over.

Another overrated job is when an NFL head coach has two beast coordinators so he doesn't have to do jack shit, Raheem Morris being the best example of this. All he did was scream African battle cries during the huddles and Tampa's front office eventually realized he wasn't doing anything to actually help.

So point out where I personally said NBA coaches are overrated and don't do anything at all :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:35 PM
But i see how you remembered that thread and pre-emptively covered your ass with "they can have a big negative effect, but not a positive effect! i was just saying they can't have a positive effect!"

:lmao the negative/positive effect thing had nothing to do with that thread, especially since I never said NBA coaches don't do anything. I was actually disagreeing with what BUMP and DD were saying in that thread.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:38 PM
lol pretending that this statement "NBA head coaches have to make sure their players actually show up to the game sober and make sure they aren't hung over" wasn't a sarcastic response implying that both positions basically do nothing :lmao
:lmao that's your comeback?

"Maybe your comment itself wasn't anything at all like what I accused you of saying, but it obviously had a sarcastic meaning to it which was what I was accusing you of saying!"

It wasn't sarcastic at all. Your arguments are getting desperate after discovering I never said that NBA coaches do nothing.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:39 PM
So point out where I personally said NBA coaches are overrated and don't do anything at all
Still waiting on this.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:42 PM
You didn't try to debate Bump's opinion in that thread at all. You went with the flow and made jokes like the making sure they don't show up hungover thing.

"True. He's another coach who does nothing but yell ENERGY! DEFENSE! While the perimeter players on his team are chucking up 3s and ignoring Dwight."

You continue to prove my point. If I thought every NBA coach does nothing, I wouldn't have felt the need to point out a specific coach who does nothing. It would be illogical.

I also find it funny the premise of your argument is a thread where BUMP DD and I were trying to simply make as many racial jokes as possible.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Still waiting on this.

Goran Dragic
Still waiting on this.

Goran Dragic
Still waiting on this.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Still waiting on this.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Still waiting on this.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:46 PM
He's another coach who does nothing

:rollin
yeah, because I just said Doc Rivers does nothing. You've changed your lane countless times. At first you claimed I said "All NBA coaches do nothing."

If I thought all NBA coaches do nothing, I wouldn't feel the need to bring up specific examples of certain coaches doing nothing. It'd be a given that I thought they did nothing.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Still waiting on this.
You can go ahead and admit that I never said all NBA coaches do nothing.

I'm expecting a "I was just intentionally acting retarded arguing with!" comment shortly.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 03:52 PM
:lol apologizing for your favorite monkey until the bitter end
:lol abandoning the argument with a random comment about me being an Amare fan

and :lol at the mid comparison. I'm a fan of an NBA player who millions of people are also a fan of, mid is a fan of some burned out old man :lmao

Axe Murderer
04-22-2012, 04:56 PM

that's not exactly what i said i saaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddd

i stated that the one exception is when you have a team of multiple all stars who are capable of winning a title, then you need to have the right coach. Other than that, it doesn't matter who's coaching your team. whoever the fuck is coaching the bobcats might as well just stay their for 20 years until they have multiple all stars.

take geophysics for example. Let's say two people are sent off to South America to to compete in the discovery of a rotting mookie under the ground. Each person has an advisor. if one of the explorers is a mass comm major he's gonna lose anyway so it doesn't matter who is advisor is. If they're both talented geophysicists, then the advisor can be helpful.

i.e. he can instruct them to collect their data either with a dipole-dipole array or wenner array. then he can tell them whether they should model it into a sounder program or em-34.

Goran Dragic
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM

Axe Murderer
04-22-2012, 05:02 PM
simple geology is easy until you have to get to the chemistry part of it :cry

Axe Murderer
04-22-2012, 05:05 PM
ps that analogy could be used for any team in any sport. no amount of coaching can save a shitty team.

I'm saying coaching in the NBA doesn't matter unless you're one of the 5 annual contending teams a year. Just because basketball is such a superstar dominated sport. If you don't have one, you might as well tell the players do to what they want and then take a nap on the bench.