PDA

View Full Version : Take this for what's it worth but according to my sources Dirk phoned Nash after the

thedong
05-30-2010, 02:59 AM
-- game.

Could be a friendly call, but Dirk wants to wing a ring with Nash according to my sources.

I would gladly take a sign and trade of Dragic, Earl Clark, draft picks, and possibly J-Rich for a sign N trade. If it has to happen.

Dirk is pretty much a pimp'd out Channing Frye.

Pelicans78
05-30-2010, 03:05 AM
I don't think a Dirk/Nash combo will be good enough to make a title run unless they had a 3rd option in the perimeter who could provide alot of scoring.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Suns aren't trading Dragic.

BRHornet45
05-30-2010, 03:09 AM
son a Dirk/Nash combo = lottery bound

spurs10
05-30-2010, 03:14 AM
That's a phone call a few years too late.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 03:15 AM
If Dirk wants a Title and to play with Nash so badly, sign for the MLE for two seasons. He's tied to Nash for the remainder of Nash's career, and then free to sign another quality contract in 2012. This enables the Suns to keep Amare or trade him for a true C and starting SF.

Other than that, just stupid... and even that is unrealistic.

thedong
05-30-2010, 03:21 AM
dawg

Amare
Dirk
Grant Hill
J-Rich
Nash

= Killer

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 03:23 AM
= crappy defense/rebounding/no bench/no future

Stabbin' Cabin
05-30-2010, 03:29 AM
dawg

Amare
Dirk
Grant Hill
J-Rich
Nash

= Killer

And how the fuck would we keep Stoudemire and add Dirk? Not even feasible without giving away important pieces in a sign/trade. If Amare walks, we could sign Dirk outright- but that wouldn't help us one bit.

Dirk/Lopez would be a good tandem, but we'd instantly become a jumpshooting team with Lopez being the only interior presence. Dirk is a better defender, rebounder, overall player than Amare, but he wouldn't fit too well in our already offense-heavy system.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 03:34 AM
And how the fuck would we keep Stoudemire and add Dirk? Not even feasible without giving away important pieces in a sign/trade.

That was the proposal, at least, in opinion.

If Amare walks, we could sign Dirk outright

No they can't. They are over CAP and don't hold Bird rights to Dirk. It'll need to be a sign-n-trade for a big contract, or Dirk excepting the MLE. Neither is likely to happen.

If Dirk signs the MLE and Amare re-signs, then they can technically be on the same team, but this only adds to woes already shown, and doesn't address anything but the offensive inconsistency, and that the least of the concerns.

thedong
05-30-2010, 03:36 AM
yeah, Dirk would still come via sign and trade, he may not get a Max deal, but he'll gladly take 10-13 mil.

Again, you guys are not a defensive team anyways. Channing Frye got most of the burn besides Amare tonight.

Just imagine Dirk playing Frye's role.

thedong
05-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Nash, pick and roll with Amare and Dirk = killer.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 03:41 AM
Nash, pick and roll with Amare and Dirk = killer.

You need a bench. With no money to sign Frye or Amundson, and no Dragic, they have no bench. With no Dragic, Clark and picks, they have no future.

No defense, only slightly better rebounding = not enough to sacrifice the little future they have.

Stabbin' Cabin
05-30-2010, 03:42 AM
No they can't. They are over CAP and don't hold Bird rights to Dirk. It'll need to be a sign-n-trade for a big contract, or Dirk excepting the MLE. Neither is likely to happen.

I said "if Amare walks," which is likely (hopefully). We would have $43 mil committed salary, assuming Frye opts out as well. In such a case we could sign Dirk (or any other free agent) without having to do a sign/trade.

I'm talking about a team with Dirk and no Amare...which I think would go just about as far as the Suns did this year.

thedong
05-30-2010, 03:44 AM
hell no, ya'll are overrating Dragic, he is good but not Dirk good.
I'll give you the ''future'' part, but if Dirk says yes, Phoenix owes Nash, they need to do it.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 03:49 AM
I said "if Amare walks," which is likely (hopefully). We would have $43 mil committed salary, assuming Frye opts out as well. In such a case we could sign Dirk (or any other free agent) without having to do a sign/trade.

I'm talking about a team with Dirk and no Amare...which I think would go just about as far as the Suns did this year.

Gotcha... I'm tired. I missed something. Yes, if they rescind rights to Amare, or he signs elsewhere first, then yes, I get it. And agreed. Either way, this is a lateral move at best. It would take a miracle to get Dirk and keep Amare and Dragic/1sts, and I don't think Dirk signs the MLE.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 03:53 AM
hell no, ya'll are overrating Dragic, he is good but not Dirk good.
I'll give you the ''future'' part, but if Dirk says yes, Phoenix owes Nash, they need to do it.

Suns don't owe Nash anything. He re-signed with them, forfeiting his other options. He knew what they were and what they weren't. It sucks, for sure. If Dirk really wants to play alongside Nash and contend, his option is simple: take less money, allowing for Amare to return or fetch a nice package in sign-n-trade, and allow the Suns to keep much of its depth.

thedong
05-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Think about it, you're only losing Dragic and the 1st.
the sign and trade that I proposed, Dirk would still take a pay cut. But I don't think he'll take the MLE, sure he'll probably take a pay cut around the 10-12 mill area.

Clark didn't play in this series anyways, Robert Sarver just posted your 1st round draft pick on Phoenix.craigslist.org this year, asking price 1 million benjamin washingtons.

And You have to admit, Dirk pwns Dragic.

Basically you're only losing Dragic.

And this is coming from a Mavs fan who is still dreaming about Ghazi's Lebron masterplan.

DAF86
05-30-2010, 04:05 AM
dawg

Amare
Dirk
Grant Hill
J-Rich
Nash

= Killer

Not really.

thedong
05-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Yall are crazy if you think Frye, Amare, Hill, JRich, Nash is very good, but Dirk, Amare, Hill, JRich, and Nash aint killah bonnanzzzza.

Go fuck a goat!

DAF86
05-30-2010, 04:17 AM
Yall are crazy if you think Frye, Amare, Hill, JRich, Nash is very good, but Dirk, Amare, Hill, JRich, and Nash aint killah bonnanzzzza.

Go fuck a goat!

It's better, but not that much better. The Suns have enough offense, they need more defense. the 3 and 5 are the positions to improve IMO.

thedong
05-30-2010, 04:34 AM
You can't change that team from an offensive team to a defensive team imo.
It just doesnt work, they need to add more consistent offensive players.
Sometimes Dragic and Frye are great, but with Dirk, you know he's great every night.

Dirk was just dropping 30 on the Spurs on a regular basis.

TheRealCB
05-30-2010, 05:27 AM
son a Dirk/Nash combo = lottery bound

Just like a West/Paul son?:toast

mikeschy55
05-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Think about it, you're only losing Dragic and the 1st.
the sign and trade that I proposed, Dirk would still take a pay cut. But I don't think he'll take the MLE, sure he'll probably take a pay cut around the 10-12 mill area.

Clark didn't play in this series anyways, Robert Sarver just posted your 1st round draft pick on Phoenix.craigslist.org this year, asking price 1 million benjamin washingtons.

And You have to admit, Dirk pwns Dragic.

Basically you're only losing Dragic.

And this is coming from a Mavs fan who is still dreaming about Ghazi's Lebron masterplan.

Dirk equals 10 time All-NBA (ƒour times 1st team), ƒormer MVP, one oƒ the most eƒƒicient players oƒ all time (statistically), and a ƒirst ballot hall oƒ ƒamer.

He's promised $21 million this season, do you REALLY think he'd take a $10 million pay cut?

Also, Dirk doesn't rely on athleticism. He'll be great well into his 30's, he'd be looking ƒor a long term max deal with a shot at a ring.

TampaDude
05-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Dirk equals 10 time All-NBA (ƒour times 1st team), ƒormer MVP, one oƒ the most eƒƒicient players oƒ all time (statistically), and a ƒirst ballot hall oƒ ƒamer.

He's promised $21 million this season, do you REALLY think he'd take a $10 million pay cut?

Also, Dirk doesn't rely on athleticism. He'll be great well into his 30's, he'd be looking ƒor a long term max deal with a shot at a ring.

Something wrong with your "f" key??? :lol

dirk4mvp
05-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Not really.

Any one of those 5 players besides Grant Hill is > than Manu.

MiamiHeat
05-30-2010, 03:21 PM
why the fuck would Dirk do a sign N trade?

to be nice to the Mavs? because PHX has salary cap issues or more money? lol

if Dirk was able to, he should just sign straight up with PHX and let PHX keep all their assets so they have a better chance to ring.

MiamiHeat
05-30-2010, 03:23 PM
You need a bench. With no money to sign Frye or Amundson, and no Dragic, they have no bench. With no Dragic, Clark and picks, they have no future.

No defense, only slightly better rebounding = not enough to sacrifice the little future they have.

Lakers have no bench to speak of and look at them.

If the starting 5 is good enough......

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Lakers have no bench to speak of and look at them.

If the starting 5 is good enough......

Like I said, if he signs for the MLE for two seasons, fine...

Nash, Dragic
Richardson, Barbosa (though I expect him to be traded for nothing very soon)
Hill, Dudley
Dirk, Clark
Amare, Lopez

That's decent enough to give it a try, seeing that you get a better player for the price of Frye and Amundson.

But if they have to do a sign-n-trade, like you pointed out in your previous post, losing Dragic/Clark would be devastating, as their offense is only marginally better, and without their bench, Suns aren't nearly as good.

Suns can't really be too much more offensively efficient. So adding Dirk doesn't increase their wins by too many, especially since they get only slightly better on the boards and stay about equal on defense.

lefty
05-30-2010, 04:03 PM
" I know how you feel, Steve "

namlook
05-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Suns aren't trading Dragic.

Suns would trade Dragic in a deal for Dirk in a heartbeat.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 04:28 PM

Go fuck a goat!

No one ever said Frye Amare Hill Jrich and Nash is good, all Sunfan is saying in this thread is it's not worth giving away their future to slightly improve the team. Since it's clear Frye and Amare are opting out and GHill isn't, the Suns will have roughly 13,000,000 in cap room entering the off season. I'd be open to Dirk if all three of these following things actually happened to fullfill a pipe dream scenario:

Dirk agrees to take a discount and sign for 13,000,000 regardless of the team he's been on his entire career probably willing to give him the max (20,000,000). That sounds likely (not really)
Suns guarantee Amare the contract he wants if he agrees to wait till after they sign Dirk since they have bird rights to him and can resign him to the max regardless of the salary cap. Oh, and he has to agree to wait on that, which is far fetched to say the least.
Sarver has to be willing to balloon his payroll with a team that will suck at defense and be a darkhorse contender.

Dirk/Lopez/Collins
Amare/Clark
Hill/Dudley
J-Rich/anyone but Barbosa
Nash/Dragic

yeah, I guess that's technically possible, but I wouldn't deem it likely.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
No one ever said Frye Amare Hill Jrich and Nash is good, all Sunfan is saying in this thread is it's not worth giving away their future to slightly improve the team. Since it's clear Frye and Amare are opting out and GHill isn't, the Suns will have roughly 13,000,000 in cap room entering the off season. I'd be open to Dirk if all three of these following things actually happened to fullfill a pipe dream scenario:

Dirk agrees to take a discount and sign for 13,000,000 regardless of the team he's been on his entire career probably willing to give him the max (20,000,000). That sounds likely (not really)
Suns guarantee Amare the contract he wants if he agrees to wait till after they sign Dirk since they have bird rights to him and can resign him to the max regardless of the salary cap. Oh, and he has to agree to wait on that, which is far fetched to say the least.
Sarver has to be willing to balloon his payroll with a team that will suck at defense and be a darkhorse contender.

Dirk/Lopez/Collins
Amare/Clark
Hill/Dudley
J-Rich/anyone but Barbosa
Nash/Dragic

yeah, I guess that's technically possible, but I wouldn't deem it likely.

I guess after this Lebron signs for the MLE.

Dirk/Lopez/Collins
Amare/Clark
Lebron/Dudley
J-Rich/Hill
Nash/Dragic

mogrovejo
05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Why are you replying to yourself?

This:

isn't technically possible.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Why are you replying to yourself?

This:

isn't technically possible.

I've always been unsure about how bird rights work so I'm not gonna argue here. Just to confirm what you're saying, it's not legal for a team that has cap room to sign another player AND THEN go over the cap resigning a player who they have bird rights to? This has seriously been something that I never knew for sure so I'm not surprised. I hope your right because it makes my joke scenario impossible.

And I responded to myself because I wanted to prove how stupid the notion of the Suns keep Amare, Nash and J-Rich while getting Dirk.

mogrovejo
05-30-2010, 04:46 PM
I've always been unsure about how bird rights work so I'm not gonna argue here. Just to confirm what you're saying, it's not legal for a team that has cap room to sign another player AND THEN go over the cap resigning a player who they have bird rights to? This has seriously been something that I never knew for sure so I'm not surprised. I hope your right because it makes my joke scenario impossible.

And I responded to myself because I wanted to prove how stupid the notion of the Suns keep Amare, Nash and J-Rich while getting Dirk.

It's the cap holds - to create those $13 millions needed to sign Dirk, the Suns would need to renounce to Stoudemire's rights, meaning they wouldn't be able to sign him with the Bird exception later on.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Questions #29 to #33

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-30-2010, 04:53 PM
OK thank you that makes sense now. It always seemed weird that a team with cap room could wait to resign a player who they had bird rights to and fill up their cap room in the mean time.

Just to clarify, since Amare's contract would still count on their payroll, they're still technically over the salary cap and would get a MLE?

Findog
05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Dear original poster,

Please go back to dallasbasketball.com, your "contributions" are not necessary here.

thedong
05-30-2010, 05:25 PM
STFU findawg, just cause I am not a homer Mavs fan like your sorry ass don't mean I gotta leave. You in the other hand is the perfect fit for that trash hole they call DB.com. Maybe you can suck Mike Fisher a.k.a Cuban's puppet's dick while you're it?

Ghazi
05-30-2010, 05:30 PM
No Mavs fan on Mavs fan hate. please!

pauls931
05-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Almost seems like they need amare to walk and sign dirk, then get a defensive dark horse.

thedong
05-30-2010, 05:33 PM
This all a ''what if'' scenario, as a true Mavericks fan, I open to the possibility of Dirk leaving as much as I am to Lebron coming.

If you're a Suns fan, if Amare decides to jump shit, I am sorry but might as well rebuild, cause you aint winning a championship anytime soon.

angrydude
05-30-2010, 06:30 PM
I think Dirk should go to the suns and Amare to the Mavericks. That'll make both teams better. lol.

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Not really.

*enter nazi, stage left*

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 06:37 PM
If you're a Suns fan,

But you aren't. So quit acting like you are and get with the Lebron schtick.

:tu

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 06:39 PM
I think Dirk should go to the suns and Amare to the Mavericks. That'll make both teams better. lol.

Why would our team, who lacks scoring in the worst way, get better with substituting Amare with Dirk? Go back to clutchfans please or post better.

Jacob1983
05-31-2010, 02:11 AM
A team with Dirk and Amare would be unstoppable and awesome to watch.

Findog
05-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Dirk is pretty much a pimp'd out Channing Frye.

Yeah, Frye is nothing but a role player and spot-up three-point shooter who can't create his own shot, whereas Dirk is one of the most efficient scorers in the game, doesn't take very many three-pointers anymore, is a top ten player, and creates almost all of his offense from the elbow and mid-post. And he's 100X fucking better than Channing Frye. So, yeah, in other words, he's a "pimp'd out Channing Frye."

What a fucking dipshit you are.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
A team with Dirk and Amare would be unstoppable and awesome to watch.

Not in my book. Dirk is better than Amare, and when Amare doesn't touch the ball on every possession he starts to zone out and think about doing crack with his mom, so what would happen would be Dirk scoring points and then the guy Amare is supposed to be guarding having a wide open layup to answer Dirk's shot.

Findog
05-31-2010, 12:54 PM
STFU findawg, just cause I am not a homer Mavs fan like your sorry ass don't mean I gotta leave.

You're a 15 year old girl who knows nothing about basketball, aka "Dirk is a pimp'd out Channing Frye." I'm sorry, but I don't like weak takes, and you have nothing to offer but weak takes.

If I were a homer, I'd never visit Spurstalk, since the Mavs are pretty much a laughingstock around here.

Findog
05-31-2010, 12:56 PM

No Mavs fan would want to claim a faggot like the original poster. It's not about being a homer, since the Mavs are a very flawed team and their best player is not without his warts. It's about not being a fucking dipshit. As far as the OP goes, she's an embarrassment to our fanbase.