PDA

View Full Version : Why not trade Duncan?

Vito Corleone
05-30-2010, 12:35 PM
Why is it no one has mentioned the possibility of trading Duncan?

Lets face it, this team needs to be blown up, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to end his career on a team destined for lottery land, so why not offer to trade him to any team he would like to go to? Miami can offer a couple good players and future picks for him. Who knows what we could get from the Lakers, maybe Bynum.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Because he is a legend who deserves to finish his career in SA

ffadicted
05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Obvious troll is obvious, try again later

Libri
05-30-2010, 12:45 PM
ibtl

ChuckD
05-30-2010, 12:48 PM
There is no indication that they are even remotely thinking of blowing up the team during the remainder of Duncan's contract extension. Ginobilli's extension was the sign of the front office's direction. It would also look like shit to ask Tim to leave money on the table ($11M/2yrs) and then dump him.

Vito Corleone
05-30-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm not saying dump him, as I'm pretty sure he has a no trade clause. I'm saying this team needs to be blown up, as they will never win another title as they are currently put together. Thus if we can't win with what we currently have and don't really have the prospect of getting better except through the draft then why not go ahead and do just that add more young players that will help 2 or 3 years down the road, but will do nothing for us now.

In which case we are asking Duncan to sacrifice the remaining years of his career just so we can win an extra 10 to 15 games a year.

I say the Spurs be straight with him and the fans and give him the option of finishing his career with a contender, I personally would rather see him contending for titles rather than getting kicked out of the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round.

spursfaninla
05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
sorry, but this is just stupid.

Blow up because you can't win a title? then 20+ of the teams every year should be blown up, because no one but the lakers and the top three east teams had a chance according to most.

Next, we are improving next year for sure:

1) Splitter
2) Hill and Blair will be better next year
3) trade RJ as an expiring for a piece that fits better
4) 20th pick

TIMMYD!
05-30-2010, 01:06 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/1z6wkft.jpg

Fabbs
05-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Lets face it, this team needs to be blown up, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to end his career on a team destined for lottery land, so why not offer to trade him to any team he would like to go to? Miami can offer a couple good players and future picks for him. Who knows what we could get from the Lakers, maybe Bynum.
It's not out of the question at all. But you're going to have to do much better then "Bynum". Who specifically do you have in mind on Miami?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153965&highlight=Celtics

CubanMustGo
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
http://techbuddha.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/double-facepalm.jpg

D-rob fan
05-30-2010, 01:53 PM

Ditto, even if keeping Duncan means sacrificing future championships. I would never trade championships for Duncan.

Robinson is a Spurs legend who spent his entire career here.
Duncan, Parker, Ginobili can follow suit.

4 of our 5 best players spent their entire career with the Spurs. That is amazing in itself. Gervin is the only exception with 1 NBA year in Chicago.

Even the lovable Sean Ellliot was with the Spurs all but one year.

Our best Spurs will always be known as Spurs.

Not like Shaq, Chamberlain, and Kareem who spent their careers in different cities.

easy7
05-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Why not just ask to move the team to Austin if you don't want Tim in San Antonio...

Mel_13
Lets face it, this team needs to be blown up

No it doesn't.

I'm not saying dump him, as I'm pretty sure he has a no trade clause.

No he doesn't.

With only minor improvements the Spurs have a decent chance of reaching the WCF. Blowing up the team just because they don't project as equal or superior to the Lakers makes no sense. With that logic you would have 3 or 4 contenders and 25 or more teams tanking.

dc_spursfan
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee66/animemecha/facepalm.jpg

Duncan has reached the level where it is utter disrespect to trade him just to blow up the team.

Agloco
05-30-2010, 02:06 PM

You don't consider player contracts and age before you post do you?

Bah, dumb question, very few people do.

Agloco
05-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I say the Spurs be straight with him and the fans and give him the option of finishing his career with a contender, I personally would rather see him contending for titles rather than getting kicked out of the playoffs in the 1st or 2nd round.

What contender would be interested in a 34 year old with questionable knees, a lot of mileage and an enormous contract. The harsh reality is that Duncan isn't worth what his contract pays him anymore. Spurs fans will never admit that though.

ducks
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM

yeah loyalty wins titles

spurs were ready to let david robinson walk
not sure why you think trading duncan is out of the question

trading duncan and manu is not a bad idea if you think spurs have no shot the next 2 years
keep tp and get younger and good draft picks

Kindergarten Cop
05-30-2010, 02:17 PM
What contender would be interested in a 34 year old with questionable knees, a lot of mileage and an enormous contract. The harsh reality is that Duncan isn't worth what his contract pays him anymore. Spurs fans will never admit that though.

I don't necessarily think I'd word it that way.

I just think that he is worth FAR more to the Spurs than he could potentially be to any other team (especially considering his legacy and commitment to the team). No other team would be willing to give away what most fans (and likely the F.O.) would consider a "fair and reasonable" compensation via trade.

BTW, I agree with those that have stated that blowing up this team is not necessary. The Spurs are still a VERY solid team with potential to be great if the cards (Splitter, draft, etc.) fall right.

Fabbs
05-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Ditto, even if keeping Duncan means sacrificing future championships. I would never trade championships for Duncan.
The individual player is greater then the goal of a team championship?

While i respect your right to have that view, i completely disagree.

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 02:21 PM
yeah loyalty wins titles

spurs were ready to let david robinson walk
not sure why you think trading duncan is out of the question

trading duncan and manu is not a bad idea if you think spurs have no shot the next 2 years
keep tp and get younger and good draft picks

Never saw that coming.:wakeup

ducks
05-30-2010, 02:24 PM
tp is the youngest and still has upside
both duncan and manu are declining
spurs do not practice much so keeping duncan to teach blair and splitter is silly
better to pay david robinson to be a coach to coach a big man then the max to duncan to do that

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 02:27 PM
tp is the youngest and still has upside
both duncan and manu are declining
spurs do not practice much so keeping duncan to teach blair and splitter is silly
better to pay david robinson to be a coach to coach a big man then the max to duncan to do that

Thus has the greatest trade value.

CubanSucks
05-30-2010, 02:30 PM
If you're making the case that we need to trade Duncan to make the team better, all I've got to say is that I'd rather lose every year with Duncan than win championships without him. If you're making the case to trade him because "he deserves better" then you're a fucking douche.

Fabbs
05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Thus has the greatest trade value.
and yet are you going to get someone (or combo) that is better then Parker in a trade? Because if not, you've got the same arrangment as has been in place since summer 2007 and during the season of 2008 when Popovich was named Lord Poppycock, President of All Things Spurs Basketball.

5-10 playoff record since then including a 1st round exit and getting swept.
Can't spin that any other way Mel and Pro-Poppers.

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
and yet are you going to get someone (or combo) that is better then Parker in a trade? Because if not, you've got the same arrangment as has been in place since summer 2007 and during the season of 2008 when Popovich was named Lord Poppycock, President of All Things Spurs Basketball.

5-10 playoff record since then including a 1st round exit and getting swept.
Can't spin that any other way Mel and Pro-Poppers.

Complete non-sequitur fail. Wtf are you talking about?

Fabbs
05-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Complete non-sequitur fail. Wtf are you talking about?
Back up your nuttless claims then.
ducks suggested trading one or more of the Big 3 but preferably keeping Parker as he is the youngest. You said it should be Parker traded and not Duncan or GNob.

My response was to your response.
Bring a better game or STFU.

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 02:43 PM
Back up your nuttless claims then.
ducks suggested trading one or more of the Big 3. You said it should be Parker and not Duncan or GNob.

My response was to your response.
Bring a better game or STFU.

I said Parker has greater trade value than Duncan or Manu. He does. I didn't suggest that trading him is a good idea or that the Spurs could get equal value back in a trade.

Try to keep up.

Oh, :lol @ you telling anyone to up their game. Stick to photoshopping players in wedding dresses. Those threads are in your wheelhouse.

Fabbs
05-30-2010, 02:52 PM
I said Parker has greater trade value than Duncan or Manu.
And that's the extent of it?
Not really sure what's the point of your point then.

Other then you want to keep it all the same.
5-10 for the PollyAnna Poppers. Yah!

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 02:55 PM
And that's the extent of it?
Not really sure what's the point of your point then.

You really need to read the posts in the order they are posted.

Try to keep up.

Fabbs
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
You really need to read the posts in the order they are posted.

Try to keep up.
No, you do.
The thread is addressing trading (or not) of Duncan (and then others ) and making the team better.
Your little blurb on what you think about Parkers trade value is hardly "keeping up". My pointing out the Spurs playoff record since summer 2008 and the keeping of Popzit and lineups and stratagies are 5 wins and 10 losses. Relevant. :toast

rayray2k8
05-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Why not just kill yourself?

Mel_13
05-30-2010, 03:03 PM
No, you do.
The thread is addressing trading (or not) of Duncan (and then others ) and making the team better.
Your little blurb on what you think about Parkers trade value is hardly "keeping up". My pointing out the Spurs playoff record since summer 2008 and the keeping of Popzit and lineups and stratagies are 5 wins and 10 losses. Relevant. :toast

You'll never get that promotion from Village Idiot to Court Jester if you don't raise your game.

Try to keep up.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2010, 06:50 PM
The only way the Spurs should even think about trading Duncan is if he requests it.

And then they should nicely ask him where he would like to go and make it happen.

Mikesatx
05-30-2010, 08:49 PM

Robinson is a Spurs legend who spent his entire career here.
Duncan, Parker, Ginobili can follow suit.

4 of our 5 best players spent their entire career with the Spurs. That is amazing in itself. Gervin is the only exception with 1 NBA year in Chicago.

Even the lovable Sean Ellliot was with the Spurs all but one year.

Our best Spurs will always be known as Spurs.

Not like Shaq, Chamberlain, and Kareem who spent their careers in different cities.

As far as I'm concerned Duncan is our Joe Paterno. Duncan will know when the time is right to hang em up and when he does I hope he gets season tickets next to Big Dave.

TheSullyMonster
05-30-2010, 08:54 PM
What kind of player would we get for him, anyway?

Not worth it.

iManu
05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
This guy has more posts than me.

The whole "300" rule doesn't really mean much, but I try to respect it.

Though, I've been here longer than Damon Stoudemire.

iManu
05-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Actually, Finley and I arrived on about the same day.

duncan228
05-30-2010, 09:01 PM
The only way the Spurs should even think about trading Duncan is if he requests it.

And then they should nicely ask him where he would like to go and make it happen.

:tu Duncan has earned being treated with respect. He deserves to retire on his terms. I'm assuming that will be as a Spur.

Andy25
05-30-2010, 09:03 PM

http://regretfulmorning.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/TrollFace.png

Waps1980
05-30-2010, 09:52 PM
It is stupid to say the can't win a title with this team, cos all that is missing is someone like splitter.

Add Splitter and RJ will greatly improve as every Spur does in there second year.
I think that will spell title contender for sure.

slick'81
05-30-2010, 10:49 PM
if splitter is half as good as people are saying we draft a good player and get rid of rj for a better fit maybe just maybe we can compete in the 2nd round

Vito Corleone
05-31-2010, 01:14 AM
:tu Duncan has earned being treated with respect. He deserves to retire on his terms. I'm assuming that will be as a Spur.

I agree 100% but the Spurs need to rebuild, and he is going to have to accept that this team is over. We can continue to just say that the next two years are his fair well tour but that's a pretty long tour. By 2013 this team will be toast and we will be rebuilding for the next 4 or 5 seasons.

It is stupid to say the can't win a title with this team, cos all that is missing is someone like splitter.

Add Splitter and RJ will greatly improve as every Spur does in there second year.
I think that will spell title contender for sure.

Splitter is no silver bullet, he ain't going to be the 2nd coming of D-Rob, at best he might be as good as Gasol, but I see him as more of a soft Euro that can't play defense or board, and those are the things we really need right now.

if splitter is half as good as people are saying we draft a good player and get rid of rj for a better fit maybe just maybe we can compete in the 2nd round

Splitter is a upgrade on Bonner but he isn't the player that takes us to the next level like some in here want to believe.

DesignatedT
05-31-2010, 01:20 AM

:rolleyes

m33p0
05-31-2010, 05:10 AM
http://flywithbats.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/what_the_hell.jpg

jjvalerieD
05-31-2010, 09:14 AM

:clap YES!

Chubby_Love
05-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Didn't I ask this question a couple of weeks ago, and I was accused of being a troll? Well....I got my answer, and it should still be the same. Duncan should and he will retire a Spur.

pookenstein
05-31-2010, 11:06 AM

Why not commit suicide? Cause it's a stupid thing to do.:hang:nope

my2sons
05-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Ok, lets enjoy your little game...who are you going to trade tim duncan for with his 20+ million dollar contract......

blkroadrunners
05-31-2010, 10:08 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/sy0cvd.jpg

Vito Corleone
05-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Ok, lets enjoy your little game...who are you going to trade tim duncan for with his 20+ million dollar contract......

Does it really matter, it will be on his terms so more than likely expiring contracts and draft picks.

Rebuilding is rebuilding, what would happen is the Spurs would get real crappy real fast and they would be getting bad contracts back with the hope of getting cap space to offer free agents that likely won't want to join us until we start landing players in the draft.

So we suck badly for 2 or 3 seasons get a couple top notch players to go with Hill, Blair, and whoever is our 1st this season. In the same time we trade Parker and Manu for whatever we can get for them. And within 4 season we are back in the playoffs with a pretty solid unit.

TheSpursFNRule
05-31-2010, 11:07 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/1z6wkft.jpg

this!!!!

bus driver
06-01-2010, 12:33 PM

who invited this guy? :bang

Why So Serious
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
... wow some folks are just stupid and should be banned for such stupid ideas.

If you really want to give us TD for bynum i beg you to kindapp your GM and make the trade happen and us lakers will laugh at you.

Agloco
06-01-2010, 04:04 PM

Does it really matter, it will be on his terms so more than likely expiring contracts and draft picks.

Rebuilding is rebuilding, what would happen is the Spurs would get real crappy real fast and they would be getting bad contracts back with the hope of getting cap space to offer free agents that likely won't want to join us until we start landing players in the draft.

So we suck badly for 2 or 3 seasons get a couple top notch players to go with Hill, Blair, and whoever is our 1st this season. In the same time we trade Parker and Manu for whatever we can get for them. And within 4 season we are back in the playoffs with a pretty solid unit.

Damn,

This is so fail. I don't even know where to begin. :lmao

Whisky Dog
06-01-2010, 04:17 PM
You asked the wrong question. The question should be "Why not start construction on the Tim Duncan statue to put outside the ATT Center"

mathbzh
06-01-2010, 04:25 PM
A young talented team could be.
Don't you believe Duncan playing for Oklahoma City or Portland could have been a huge difference?

DesignatedT
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM

I hope this is a joke.

easjer
06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
This post = instant headache.

Leaving aside all Duncan has done for the team and the respect he deserves, look at the practical applications. There is no way a team will take on his contract with his playing problems in the post-season and give us the value back. We'd be taking on several sub-par players (and if you think Duncan is declining and sub-par, I'm not certain how replacing him with multiple sub-par players helps the situation) or a bloated contract.

I really don't see the point.

Agloco
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
A young talented team could be.
Don't you believe Duncan playing for Oklahoma City or Portland could have been a huge difference?

Experience wise there's no question. However......knowing what you know about Duncan's past 3 years:

Does OKC or POR take Duncans 22 mil per? Because that's the other part of this equation. Also, who do they lose to take that contract on? There's a reason those teams strive to stay around the 50-60 million mark in salary. Presti has done a masterful job thus far, but the piper is just around the corner so to speak.

You see, those are the questions that fans usually don't entertain. Basketball is a business. If you grasp that first, then most transactions that take place around the league will begin to make more sense (the Gasol deal nonwithstanding...)

Also, we were talking about sending Timmy to a team that's a contender NOW. Not in 3-4 years. i.e Cleveand, Boston, Orlando, LA, etc.

my2sons
06-01-2010, 10:17 PM
This post = instant headache.

Leaving aside all Duncan has done for the team and the respect he deserves, look at the practical applications. There is no way a team will take on his contract with his playing problems in the post-season and give us the value back. We'd be taking on several sub-par players (and if you think Duncan is declining and sub-par, I'm not certain how replacing him with multiple sub-par players helps the situation) or a bloated contract.

I really don't see the point.

again to the point of why I asked who he would trade timmy for...I for one agree with the person who stated when will we build the statue of timmy, i'd throw in ice and david with a small statue of silas as he was my first original favorite spur....

ezzizle
06-01-2010, 10:24 PM

what if Blair and his knees explode more the Greg Oden?

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 03:14 AM
what if Blair and his knees explode more the Greg Oden?

It's always a possibility, that's the scary thing. His value right now could be pretty high. If the spurs were to make some big trade this off-season or something he could be a nice piece to add to get some quality guys in return. It's just hard to see him having a long NBA career. I love the kid though.

Man In Black
06-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Some of you people need to be Godfathered Vito Corleone style for stupidity. Quack, wiseguy, and Not So fab...y'all need horse heads in your bed.

Pop has been Vice-President of Basketball Operations since 1994 Fabbs. Learn something before you say something.

Fabbs
06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Some of you people need to be Godfathered Vito Corleone style for stupidity. Quack, wiseguy, and Not So fab...y'all need horse heads in your bed.

Pop has been Vice-President of Basketball Operations since 1994 Fabbs. Learn something before you say something.
PopApologist,
He was promoted to President in 2008.
Learn something before you say something?

dbestpro
06-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Sigh...... Okay, let's look at the last time we traded an icon and how well that worked. George Gervin was traded to Chicago for F David Greenwood in 1985. It was 5 years before the team had a winning record again.

I would rather try the transition theory than the blow it up theory, which has never worked for a quick turn around. Ask Chicago and Boston if you need further proof.

jermaine
06-02-2010, 10:21 AM

I'll be 1st to say I'm not a big Duncan fan, but its only a few people who just should never put on another jersey! Duncan being a main 1. Kobe is another, & how odd did Karl (house nigga) Malone looked in a LA uniform!?! I said Duncan was soft but I wouldn't trade his ass. Duncan as a 3rd option is still good.

Fabbs
06-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Even for the posters who think the good and success of the overall team should come ahead the individual(s), Duncs trade value seems much too low now to get a good return.

Something like Dunks for Durant will no way happen now. Presti when a Spurs is one who helped provide some of the players from which Popped was able to coatail.

DesignatedT
06-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Even for the posters who think the good and success of the overall team should come ahead the individual(s), Duncs trade value seems much too low now to get a good return.

Something like Dunks for Durant will no way happen now. Presti when a Spurs is one who helped provide some of the players from which Popped was able to coatail.

you continue to amaze me with your stupidity.

Supreme_Being
06-02-2010, 12:32 PM

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/128874496505848355.jpg

Fabbs
06-02-2010, 01:13 PM

you continue to amaze me with your stupidity.
Coming from you i'll take that as a compliment.
You'll be in attendance no doubt.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153451&highlight=PollyAnna

Man In Black
06-02-2010, 01:20 PM
PopApologist,
He was promoted to President in 2008.
Learn something before you say something?

IF you really knew anything about Spurs basketball, then you would know that Pop has had the same job since 1994. While the title has changed, it didn't change his job nor give him even more responsibilities.

I'm just trying to decode if you hate Pop more than Ducks hates Ginobili.
As of right now, it's pretty even.

Fabbs
06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
IF you really knew anything about Spurs basketball, then you would know that Pop has had the same job since 1994. While the title has changed, it didn't change his job nor give him even more responsibilities.

I'm just trying to decode if you hate Pop more than Ducks hates Ginobili.
As of right now, it's pretty even.
How was he "promoted" yet stayed the same?
PT Barnum Promotions?
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/office_movement_080715.html
"Gregg Popovich has been promoted to president of Spurs basketball as well as continuing as the team’s head coach."

Decoder: Do you love losing seasons more then Michael Finley? Matt Bonner?

mathbzh
06-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Experience wise there's no question. However......knowing what you know about Duncan's past 3 years:

Does OKC or POR take Duncans 22 mil per? Because that's the other part of this equation. Also, who do they lose to take that contract on? There's a reason those teams strive to stay around the 50-60 million mark in salary. Presti has done a masterful job thus far, but the piper is just around the corner so to speak.

You see, those are the questions that fans usually don't entertain. Basketball is a business. If you grasp that first, then most transactions that take place around the league will begin to make more sense (the Gasol deal nonwithstanding...)

Also, we were talking about sending Timmy to a team that's a contender NOW. Not in 3-4 years. i.e Cleveand, Boston, Orlando, LA, etc.

Mostly I agree with you. Moreover I want Duncan to retire as a Spurs.

But, If you do something like Duncan for Camby/Oden/Webster... Portland could look like a contender right now.

sabar
06-02-2010, 04:05 PM
How was he "promoted" yet stayed the same?
PT Barnum Promotions?
http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/office_movement_080715.html
"Gregg Popovich has been promoted to president of Spurs basketball as well as continuing as the team’s head coach."

Decoder: Do you love losing seasons more then Michael Finley? Matt Bonner?

Surely you are not oblivious to symbolic promotions in the world of business.

Pop isn't going to leave the team for a long time. Should find something else to hate, tbh. RC, Holt, they LOVE Pop. Why would they ever fire him? He'll retire as coach eventually but he'll still be there as president for many years.

ynh
06-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm not a huge Spurs fan (I am a fan though because they are my cousins favorite team and because I spend some time every year in Laredo and go to a game or two) but I sure as hell never want to see Duncan in any uniform other than a Spurs uni.

ynh
06-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Though he would look good in Red, White, and Blue ;)

Man In Black
06-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Okay after a long plane flight, this is how it goes fab only in your own mind. Pop's job hasn't changed as Executive VP to President of Basketball Ops. I say that because as VP, he has ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS, been in charge of all things Basketball when it comes to the Spurs. It's like Bill Gates. He's no longer CEO of Microsoft, but is now known as Chief Architect. But everyone knows, Bill is still the power. It should be pretty obvious but I guess you needed an explanation, so I gave you one.
Also, you make it seem like the status quo for the other power teams are set. Far from it. We're about to see if an old Boston team with an infusion of youth can take down a slightly younger LAL team with some injury issues and a fairly weak bench. If you looked at the contracts of those 2 teams in particular, they ain't all that. Spurs have to make some moves but the drastic changes that you and some other people call for will only bring 1 thing, the death knell of the Spurs and possible re-location to another city far,far, away.

Mal
06-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Really, 4 pages about such shit ?

Slydragon
06-03-2010, 06:34 AM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Slydrag0n/Random%20stuff/1210713378103.gif

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Slydrag0n/Random%20stuff/1210137149835.gif

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Slydrag0n/Random%20stuff/gtfo.gif

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Slydrag0n/Random%20stuff/albundygif.gif

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Slydrag0n/Random%20stuff/GTFO_Jungle.gif

rascal
06-03-2010, 11:07 AM
sorry, but this is just stupid.

Blow up because you can't win a title? then 20+ of the teams every year should be blown up, because no one but the lakers and the top three east teams had a chance according to most.

Next, we are improving next year for sure:

1) Splitter
3) trade RJ as an expiring for a piece that fits better
4) 20th pick

Spurs may not be better next year. Manu and Duncan will be older, 20th pick may not work out, Splitter may not come, injuries can occur, too many ? to make any claims about being better or even being worse.