PDA

View Full Version : Government Official accuses BP of bringing 300-400 workers for Obama visit, then left

MiamiHeat
05-30-2010, 12:43 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/28/gulf.oil.spill.bp/index.html

(CNN) -- A Gulf Coast official accused BP of shipping workers into Grand Isle, Louisiana, for President Barack Obama's visit to the oil-stricken area Friday and sending them away once the president left the region.

Early Friday morning, "a number of buses brought in approximately 300 to 400 workers that had been recruited all week," Jefferson Parish Councilman Chris Roberts told CNN's "Situation Room."

Roberts said the workers were offered $12 an hour to come out to the scene at Grand Isle and work in what he called a "dog and pony show."

But, when Obama departed, so did the workers, he said, adding that he's never seen more than 20 workers at the Grand Isle cleanup site since the effort started.

Roberts told CNN's Anderson Cooper the hundreds of workers who showed up early Friday wouldn't speak to local emergency management officials.

"The sheriff's office did manage to get one person to speak with them and that individual said they were hired yesterday and told to report to a staging area at 7:30 this morning," Roberts added. "It just doesn't add up."

ElNono
05-30-2010, 12:58 PM
It could have been worse for BP. If this was in Arizona, it could have cost them $25/$30 an hour...

jack sommerset
05-30-2010, 01:20 PM
Obama loves photo ops.

EmptyMan
05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Too bad they didn't give them doctor's coats, I hear that bumps up the hourly wage an extra $5 an hour.

Destro
05-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Obama loves photo ops.

i thought they were implying that BP was pulling a dog and pony show to fool Obama?

George Gervin's Afro
05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
i thought they were implying that BP was pulling a dog and pony show to fool Obama?

jack's not very bright so you have to excuse her

jack sommerset
05-31-2010, 04:36 PM

So they say.........

exstatic
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
So they say.........

Epic backtrack fail to cover for epic lack of understanding of the situation.

ElNono
05-31-2010, 05:22 PM
Epic backtrack fail to cover for epic lack of understanding of the situation.

:lol

Wild Cobra
06-01-2010, 01:04 PM
You know, I don't care what the truth of this matter is. We all know it is normal to "put on a show" for anyone important.

Fucking crybabies, making an issue of this.

ElNono
06-01-2010, 01:37 PM
You know, I don't care what the truth of this matter is.

Par for the course.

Wild Cobra
06-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Par for the course.
Why do you care that it is normal for anyone to put on a show?

This is a waste of space. We all know this to be human nature.

I would be surprised if they didn't. Then it might be worth talking about.

ElNono
06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Why do you care that it is normal for anyone to put on a show?

This is a waste of space. We all know this to be human nature.

I would be surprised if they didn't. Then it might be worth talking about.

I though you didn't care what the truth of the matter is.