PDA

View Full Version : Who ultimately believes....

TE
05-30-2010, 06:32 PM
that the league is rigged and its finals are predetermined?

Although arguments against this notion will arise due to the finals participants of 03 and 07 (both included the Spurs and a team that didn't garner high ratings), the league has been rigged so much IMO, that it is apparent of which team (s) the league wants to represent the finals. Any thoughts anyone?

D2Procon
05-30-2010, 06:54 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/k7wu9.gif

http://i49.tinypic.com/547z2g.gif

Ghazi
05-30-2010, 06:58 PM
'06 Finals were rigged

BRHornet45
05-30-2010, 07:18 PM
son this topic has been beaten into the ground ... obviously the NBA cannot determine the outcome of EVERY game or series, but they do their damnedest to push certain players and teams to victory. Whether it be extra free throws, bogus calls, etc. the NBA has a long history of attempting to rig games. They want as many games as possible to be played (preferably at least 6 games per series) because the more games played the more money for everyone. Expect to see Kobe living at the free throw line during the finals. When his shot is off (which is the majority of the time), the refs/NBA will make sure to help keep his scoring numbers in tact by sending him to the line 15-25 times. I expect him to average 15 free throws per game.

Kobe™
05-30-2010, 07:24 PM
The league isn't predetermined, though there are times where games are heavily biased for the home team / aggressor.

But in retrospect,
the championship/elite teams adjust and play on, while the losers complain and make excuses and accusations of "fixing".

BUMP
05-30-2010, 07:30 PM
The league is definitely not rigged. However, I think officials will slant their calls horribly to superstars.

Ex) You have Kobe and Joe Schmo is guarding him. Kobe drives, does 2 pumpfakes, Schmo doesn't move and keeps his hands straight up, Kobe shoots and misses so Schmo is whistled for a foul. The refs assume that Schmo can't stop Kobe without fouling. In this case, Schmo was actually Jared Dudley in game 1. I saw that specific play and rewound it a few times and quite frankly it was ridiculous.

Now i'll be the 1st to admit Kobe is the best player on the planet but this is strictly just what I see. I'm not complaining as I think Dirk gets a lot of these calls as well. It's pretty gay to see it happen.

Guys who I think get it the most

-Kobe
-Duncan
-Pierce
-Dirk
-Wade
-Gasol (only because he yells everytime anyone is near him)
-Durant

Don't really watch LeBron a lot to notice

TE
05-30-2010, 07:33 PM
This is the exact problem. If the refs give Kobe X amount of free throws just to get his points then where the fuck is the integrity. Just because he's a superstar doesn't mean he is in need to get these points. The same goes for Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Pau Gasol, to name a few players that are blatantly given calls. Seriously wtf is that?!!? The refs should just let the game play out the way it's suppose to and only make calls when obvious fouls are undertaken.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-30-2010, 07:34 PM
2002 WCF was rigged.

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
There is definitely some corrupt shit going on behind the scenes. I can just tell when I look at Stern.

TE
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
2002 WCF was rigged.

1 x 10^30

BRHornet45
05-30-2010, 07:54 PM
This is the exact problem. If the refs give Kobe X amount of free throws just to get his points then where the fuck is the integrity. Just because he's a superstar doesn't mean he is in need to get these points. The same goes for Tim Duncan, Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Pau Gasol, to name a few players that are blatantly given calls. Seriously wtf is that?!!? The refs should just let the game play out the way it's suppose to and only make calls when obvious fouls are undertaken.

son the almighty dollar is all that matters. Integrity went out the door a couple decades ago with the NBA. the word integrity should never be mentioned when talking about the NBA unless its about their lack of. hands down the most tarnished/shady professional sports league in the entire world.

thedong
05-30-2010, 07:58 PM
The Kings should have atleast won 1 ring.
Can't fault the Mavs for losing cause they lost 4 straight games, although game 4 and 5 were questionable.

TE
05-30-2010, 08:12 PM
son the almighty dollar is all that matters. Integrity went out the door a couple decades ago with the NBA. the word integrity should never be mentioned when talking about the NBA unless its about their lack of. hands down the most tarnished/shady professional sports league in the entire world.

I have to admit. I honestly believe the Kings should have won in 2002. The Mavericks should have won in 2006. The Suns might should have won in 2007. I believe the Lakers, without benefiting from obvious biased officiating, would have won at least once earlier in the decade, not three times in a row.

balli
05-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I do. I only watch about 1/5th as much NBA ball as I did between the nineties and 08. In no small part because I feel the NBA is corrupt or so grossly incompetent that they appear so. Nevermind entire playoff series, I get infuriated when I see calls in regular season games that are so inexplicable that they defy any benefit of the doubt. Shit's so crooked sometimes that it's not even nuanced, just obviously fixed.

I didn't feel this way (strongly anyways) until about a year and a half ago. But the way the NBA promised transparency/etc after the Donaghy situation, and then in practice, got even more secretive and defensive, made me change my mind. And officiating has grown steadily more shady throughout the decade. I always thought the NBA was influenced to a small degree, now I feel it's influenced to the point of being straight up rigged.

scanry
05-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Can't fault the Mavs for losing cause they lost 4 straight games, although game 4 and 5 were questionable.

Game 4 was a blowout of epic propositions. Game 5 did smell of foul play.

BRHornet45
05-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I have to admit. I honestly believe the Kings should have won in 2002. The Mavericks should have won in 2006. The Suns might should have won in 2007. I believe the Lakers, without benefiting from obvious biased officiating, would have won at least once earlier in the decade, not three times in a row.

son the Kings without a doubt would have won that series ... no question about it.

however the Mavericks didn't stand a chance in hell. were there some bad calls during that series? of course! but it went both ways. regardless, the 06 finals isn't a good example at all because the Mavericks choked away 4 straight games. If it was only 1 or 2 games then sure they may have an argument, but 4 straight? gimme a break.

badfish22
05-30-2010, 08:28 PM

it was game 3 and 5. Wade had 25 FTA in game 5 :lol

TE
05-30-2010, 09:00 PM
son the Kings without a doubt would have won that series ... no question about it.

however the Mavericks didn't stand a chance in hell. were there some bad calls during that series? of course! but it went both ways. regardless, the 06 finals isn't a good example at all because the Mavericks choked away 4 straight games. If it was only 1 or 2 games then sure they may have an argument, but 4 straight? gimme a break.

Son what you haven't researched is the amount of times Dwayne Wade went to the free throw line, and I am pretty damn sure you haven't at least seen some of the game video. The calls made for Dwayne Wade seriously go beyond the laws of physics. Let me point something out to you 'son'.

Game One: 19 free throws were allotted to Miami while 26 were allotted to Dallas. The only reason why Dallas won this game was because Jason Terry was playing out of his mind and because Dirk made some timely shots to stave off a Miami Heat upset. Oh and must I not forget, Miami couldn't throw a fish into the ocean in the fourth quarter and Dwayne WASN'T given the calls he would receive in the latter part of this series. Miami shot poorly from free throw land (37%) and three point land (25%). That is why the Mavericks won game one.

Game Two: Maverick players stepped up and five players were in double figures. That's all that's left to be said on why the Mavs won. Let me just point out though that in this game, the free throw disparity benefited the Heat (32-28) with Wade receiving a superstar 14 FTA.

Game Three: Oh my how the bells toll. The mavericks were suppose to win this game but they choked undeniably. This coupled with that fact that Dwayne Wade continuously made drives to the basket only to get call after call after call after call (in all 18 FTA). Imagine giving a player that many FTA amid the fact that he is making ever timely shot, yeah give me a break. The Free Throw disparity here was 34 to 26 favoring of course the Heat.

Game Four: This was the first game in which the Heat built a big league only to ride their big poppa, Shaq, to a win. The Mavericks just plain stunk it up this game, but with the simultaneous thought that the Mavs had been screwed while screwing themselves from a back breaking 3-0 series lead, the mavs were sure to show their weak minded selfs to a loss. The Free Throw disparity again benefited the Heat 36 to 27.

Game Five: My oh my. My oh my. This game was for sure one of the most rigged games to be officiated in NBA history. Seriously. Let me just start off with the free throw disparity between both teams. The Heat shot 49 FREE THROWS while the Mavericks shot a mere 25. Dwayne Wade shot 25 free throws in this game, as much as the whole Maverick team. How in basketball god's name do you not see the reality of the conspiracy theory that the Mavs were fucked in this series. Again, let me point out the disparity in FTA's. 49-25, nuff said.

Game Six: Close out game. Dwayne Wade got 21 free throw attempts. While the whole Maverick Team allotted 23. In all, the Miami Heat again won the FTA category 37-23.

Series conclusion:

The Mavericks were screwed out of their misery. I understand and am for the notion to give the attacking aggressive player his share due, but seriously when you give a guy that many free throw attempts amid while he is playing at an unbelievably high level, it is obvious who the NBA wanted to win that year. Let me tell you in addition, that the majority of calls Dwayne Wade got were phantom and beyond human belief. Nothing more need be said other than....

For the last glaring statistic, the Heat won the Free Throw Attempt category
188-129. A 59 point difference. Wow.
:wow

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:05 PM
if you think the NBA is rigged then fine, you're entitled to your opinion. If you think it's rigged, yet continue to watch the product that's put out there, then you are a moron of epic proportions

silverblk mystix
05-30-2010, 09:05 PM
COLLUSION....nuff `sed

BadOdor
05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Nothing to see here, just the butt hurt faggots whining about stuff they're supposed to whine about.

TE
05-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Nothing to see here, just the butt hurt faggots whining about stuff they're supposed to whine about.

It's easy for you to say after you benefit from cheering on the team that receives on most nights the officiating benefit. STFU hypocrite and cheer for teams that get screwed, then you would begin to understand. Or better yet, become a real basketball fan and not some Laker junky. You would understand the hypocrisy you currently show in addition to the lack of integrity shown by the NBA.

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:16 PM
It's easy for you to say after you benefit from cheering on the team that receives on most nights the officiating benefit. STFU hypocrite and cheer for teams that get screwed, then you would begin to understand. Or better yet, become a real basketball fan and not some Laker junky. You would understand the hypocrisy you currently show in addition to the lack of integrity shown by the NBA.

if you think the NBA is rigged then fine, you're entitled to your opinion. If you think it's rigged, yet continue to watch the product that's put out there, then you are a moron of epic proportions

it's really quite simple...

TE
05-30-2010, 09:17 PM

Here we go again. I expect this from Laker fans. You guys are idiots of epic proportions. You wouldn't begin to feel for teams that DO NOT receive the treatment of say a mavs, suns, or kings because your team is a continous subject of benefit from phantom calls. Guess what sherlock? I watch the NBA because it's a hobby. Me entitled to my opinion gives me the right to judge how bad the officiating is. Yet I am no moron when it comes to watching games, even if its fixed. I am a fan of the game, not the officials. And its sad to see how bad the officiating is.

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Here we go again. I expect this from Laker fans. You guys are idiots of epic proportions. You wouldn't begin to feel for teams that DO NOT receive the treatment of say a mavs, suns, or kings because your team is a continous subject of benefit from phantom calls. Guess what sherlock? I watch the NBA because it's a hobby. Me entitled to my opinion gives me the right to judge how bad the officiating is. Yet I am no moron when it comes to watching games, even if its fixed. I am a fan of the game, not the officials. And its sad to see how bad the officiating is.

If you truly believe that the fix is in, and you watch it anyway...then you obviously need to find a new hobby. Too bad you weren't alive in the 50s/60s...there was a game show called 21 that was rigged...you would've loved it.

ginobili's bald spot
05-30-2010, 09:24 PM

So you are a fan of a fixed game? :lol Well then I guess the NBA is doing their job.

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
So you are a fan of a fixed game? :lol Well then I guess the NBA is doing their job.

yeah I'm trying to see where he's going with this, cause right now he's just basically calling himself an idiot :lol

v2freak
05-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Here's what I think: if someday the technology for robots to replace refs existed and these robots never made a mistake, the NBA would not use them. Ever. Referees and "human error" are the ultimate catch-all excuse. Heck, even when I was in school growing up, "human error" was always in my science reports as a possible confound.

I would also like to point out that spreading a boring series from 4-5 games may mean less attendance each game but potentially more overall sales, and the only personnel the NBA would have to pay more would be the refs and score keepers and such that work the games.

Like others have said, I suspect the league tries to affect which way the wind blows but it doesn't always work out.

TE
05-30-2010, 09:34 PM

You are quite the Laker fan for misunderstanding, and miscomprehension. No offense but some of you Laker fans are just plain stupid. You guys can't read something to understand it, but I guess thats nothing relatively new to yall. Especially given the fact that everything is given to you.

What I implied to say is that I am a fan of the game. Within this thread I propose my concern for how the game is officiated. I never said I was a fan of 'fixed' games. I am a fan of clean good officiated basketball. Something that has been missing since the early 90's.

silverblk mystix
05-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Look, here is something to think about;

If a police dept is allowed to police themselves....how corrupt would they be?

Whenever there are charges of police brutality, corruption or some other impropriety---what happens?

First, there is usually a police dept investigation---and what do they usually find?
That the officers were only doing their job, that there was NO illicit activity---nothing to see here,etc....

Next---IF---the public DEMANDS it----there is some kind of a third party--or gov't---or IMPARTIAL investigation---where they invariably find.....

that the DIRT comes out, followed by a trial, hearings, ----and IF LUCKY----JUSTICE.

NOW,

concerning the NBA, allegations, Donaghy, gambling, disgruntled fans of teams that may have been screwed,etc....

what happens?

STERN---conducts HIS OWN investigation....calls Donaghy a rogue ref----NOTHING ILLEGAL ---happening---just drop it already.

END OF STORY---NO PROPER INVESTIGATION---NOTHING!

So, draw your own conclusions...one day we will have enough and the NBA will be just like wrestling, santa claus and the easter bunny...

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Look, here is something to think about;

If a police dept is allowed to police themselves....how corrupt would they be?

Whenever there are charges of police brutality, corruption or some other impropriety---what happens?

First, there is usually a police dept investigation---and what do they usually find?
That the officers were only doing their job, that there was NO illicit activity---nothing to see here,etc....

Next---IF---the public DEMANDS it----there is some kind of a third party--or gov't---or IMPARTIAL investigation---where they invariably find.....

that the DIRT comes out, followed by a trial, hearings, ----and IF LUCKY----JUSTICE.

NOW,

concerning the NBA, allegations, Donaghy, gambling, disgruntled fans of teams that may have been screwed,etc....

what happens?

STERN---conducts HIS OWN investigation....calls Donaghy a rogue ref----NOTHING ILLEGAL ---happening---just drop it already.

END OF STORY---NO PROPER INVESTIGATION---NOTHING!

So, draw your own conclusions...one day we will have enough and the NBA will be just like wrestling, santa claus and the easter bunny...

How ironic that a Spur fan brings up Donaghy...I'm surprised you guys haven't erected a statue of him in front of the AT&T Center

v2freak
05-30-2010, 09:43 PM
I think the plans for the statue have been set in motion, DeadlyDynasty. Hopefully we can put a statue of the Lakers right next to the statue of Donaghy and make it into a water fountain so that it looks like Donaghy is pissing on the Lakers. That's how it happened right? Donaghy screwed the Lakers over?

silverblk mystix
05-30-2010, 09:45 PM
How ironic that a Spur fan brings up Donaghy...I'm surprised you guys haven't erected a statue of him in front of the AT&T Center

don't know what you are implying with donaghy...

but to clarify---no-one is saying that donaghy is a beacon of truth---

but his allegations, for example, rang a bell to millions of fans that watched that lakers/kings debacle---

and the point is that----maybe donaghy is a dirtbag/corrupt/rogue ref---

but if that is true....

why NOT bring in an impartial body to conduct a proper investigation to clear the integrity/suspicions of the NBA?

Why allow those suspicions to mount?

Is there something to hide?

If this was someone's civil rights being violated by a state or federal agency---would the public just accept that the state or federal agency conducted its OWN investigation and declared themselves innocent?

Why is this different?

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I think the plans for the statue have been set in motion, DeadlyDynasty. Hopefully we can put a statue of the Lakers right next to the statue of Donaghy and make it into a water fountain so that it looks like Donaghy is pissing on the Lakers. That's how it happened right? Donaghy screwed the Lakers over?

nope, he never did, but the 2007 Suns might have a gripe:lol

silverblk mystix
05-30-2010, 09:48 PM
nope, he never did, but the 2007 Suns might have a gripe:lol

then, IMO ---that would be fine ...

IF a proper investigation determined that the spurs should NOT have beaten the suns---I for one would like to know---

would ANY lakers fans want to know and accept the truth of the 2002 kings/lakers series?

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:50 PM
don't know what you are implying with donaghy...

but to clarify---no-one is saying that donaghy is a beacon of truth---

but his allegations, for example, rang a bell to millions of fans that watched that lakers/kings debacle---

and the point is that----maybe donaghy is a dirtbag/corrupt/rogue ref---

but if that is true....

why NOT bring in an impartial body to conduct a proper investigation to clear the integrity/suspicions of the NBA?

Why allow those suspicions to mount?

Is there something to hide?

If this was someone's civil rights being violated by a state or federal agency---would the public just accept that the state or federal agency conducted its OWN investigation and declared themselves innocent?

Why is this different?

dude if the NBA or somebody else wants to mandate that a 3rd party "investigate" your accusations, then fine...i'm all for it. I really couldn't care less either way b/c I don't live and die with every bounce of the ball in a game that has no effect on my life. Case in point, the steroid fiasco in baseball is completely overblown...who really gives a fuck?

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:55 PM
then, IMO ---that would be fine ...

IF a proper investigation determined that the spurs should NOT have beaten the suns---I for one would like to know---

would ANY lakers fans want to know and accept the truth of the 2002 kings/lakers series?

Here's what people don't understand about that series and just about life in general...there's 2 sides to every story. If you truly wanted a thorough investigation into that series, than you'd find that the Lakers got hosed at the end of game 5, but all anyone remembers is Kobe burying his elbow in Bibby's grill at the end of game 6. One bad officiated game deserves another. Not only that, Sacto had a Game 7 on their home floor(the same floor where they had the best home record in the league that year), but the refs somehow caused the Kings to go 16-30 from the FT line in a close-out game. That is why people who whine about that series get no sympathy from me. The right team won, case closed

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Let us not forget that the 2002 Kings were probably the cryingest buncha bitches ever assembled--and this was the case way before that series. The team was full of floppers (Divac), whiners (Bibby, Divac, et al), and notorious choke artists (Webber, Peja, and Christie). You're gonna sit here and tell me that group were true champions? Seriously? LMFAO...please, tell me another

IronMexican
05-30-2010, 11:09 PM

:tu

sabar
05-31-2010, 02:44 AM
If the NBA is rigged than each title San Antonio gets should count as 10. In a similar vein, LA, MJ, Boston titles should count as like a half. This clearly makes the Spurs the best team in NBA history since they had to play 5v8 each game.

Of course, no conspiracy nut/NBA fan will agree to this (well maybe 0 title team fans, they have nothing to lose).

One day NBA fan will just realize that the refs are terrible because of the superstar treatment. All these crappy whiny teams have no star worthy of phantom fouls so they cry about the NBA being rigged. Notice all these Bulls and Hornets fans crying? LOL.

baseline bum
05-31-2010, 02:56 AM

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000896575/YouHitTheNailOnTheHead_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Kamnik
05-31-2010, 03:32 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000896575/YouHitTheNailOnTheHead_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

:lol

Exactly so...

Whoever thinks that the league is rigged and still watches it and even posts here is a complete moron.

We all know some superstars get some special treatment but that doesn't make the league rigged. And even the special treatment is somewhat understandable. Officials are also human and probably ex players; it is understandable they like/dislike certain players.

And with the game as fast as it is, it is understandable they miss a lot of calls; but in the 99% of the times the best team wins.

v2freak
05-31-2010, 03:57 AM
Let us not forget that the 2002 Kings were probably the cryingest buncha bitches ever assembled--and this was the case way before that series. The team was full of floppers (Divac), whiners (Bibby, Divac, et al), and notorious choke artists (Webber, Peja, and Christie). You're gonna sit here and tell me that group were true champions? Seriously? LMFAO...please, tell me another

I'm not totally sure how this disproves what Donaghy is claiming. Also, your claim that "one badly-officiated game deserves another" presumes the games are officiated equally badly.

Also, lol at the people who think quitting something cold turkey is common place and easy. Even if some people think the NBA is rigged, maybe they are in the process of quitting or cutting down. Some of them may not even think the NBA is totally rigged, but even if they do think that, they shouldn't post their thoughts on the matter? The only thing that annoys me are the posters who don't have anything substantial to say and resort to calling people morons.

Oh wait, I don't like it when people do that, I guess I shouldn't visit SpursTalk anymore? As Lakaluva pointed out, it's being overrun by obnoxious fans but it's still a chill place to hang out and do some leisure reading on a variety of topics.

ginobili's bald spot
05-31-2010, 03:58 AM
:lol

Exactly so...

Whoever thinks that the league is rigged and still watches it and even posts here is a complete moron.

Yup. The sad thing is that this should really go without saying. But I guess it doesn't when you are dealing with complete morons.

D2Procon
05-31-2010, 06:41 AM

I continue to watch it for the same reason people watch WWE. Its called entertainment and quite franlkly I am entertained when I see a genius like Stern pull off one of the most unthinkables.

pauls931
05-31-2010, 06:47 AM
I do believe in HCA giving teams a slight edge in calls, but I think most manipulation occurs behind the scenes with owners/teams such as when trades/deals are made that are not disclosed to all teams. Guess it's the owner's part of the game...

XFactor
05-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Just wondering, for all you conspiracy theorists out there, its always 'David Stern' taking over, 'David Stern' manipulating games, 'David Stern' doing what he wants. Has it ever occurred to guys that maybe the league officials aren't involved but that the players are involved? After all, they have direct control over the game and looking how stubborn, selfish, and immature some of these players are, could they be influenced by an outside party perhaps paying them extra to lose a game on purpose etc.?

TampaDude
05-31-2010, 07:11 AM
If you think the NBA is rigged then fine, you're entitled to your opinion. If you think it's rigged, yet continue to watch the product that's put out there, then you are a moron of epic proportions.

^ this

TampaDude
05-31-2010, 07:18 AM
Oh, yeah...one more thing...if the NBA were truly rigged, then there is NFW a "boring" small-market team like the Spurs would have won 4 titles in 9 years. No Spurs fan should ever believe the NBA is rigged. Have there been some shitty calls/non-calls by certain referees (yeah, Joey, I'm talking about you) over the years? Sure there have...but it's a long way from that to "the NBA is rigged".

silverblk mystix
05-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Oh, yeah...one more thing...if the NBA were truly rigged, then there is NFW a "boring" small-market team like the Spurs would have won 4 titles in 9 years. No Spurs fan should ever believe the NBA is rigged. Have there been some shitty calls/non-calls by certain referees (yeah, Joey, I'm talking about you) over the years? Sure there have...but it's a long way from that to "the NBA is rigged".

it is not as simple as the nba just being rigged...

I am saying that when there are serious allegations, accusations and generally a lot of suspicions---

then THAT is when it becomes time to clear the air---to investigate and to review how the climate has become so tainted---that fans are regularly having these debates.

Back to the police analogy;

Say---for example---that the LAPD is constantly being accused or implicated in illicit activity---what happens?

Well, if lucky---SOMEONE cares enough to make questions,inquiries to FIND OUT---if there is something there and usually---where there is smoke there is fire....

so, in time, somekind of investigation or study takes place and ---if enough dirt is found---then investigations,etc... begin to get more intensive.

Back to the NBA;

If there has been allegations---and there has---

then it should be time to AT LEAST---have some kind of impartial panel or agency---look in to things...have refs under a mocroscope---bring newly trained refs into the league---investigate the donaghy phone calls made to other refs before games,etc

and all this should be done ----TO THE NBA FANS SATISFACTION----

NOT only to STERNS satisfaction.

lefty
05-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, it's hard to blame the referees or Stern for the 2010 playoffs

Nobody was going to beat L.A in the West, and the Celtics deserved their wins against Orlando and Cleveland

TampaDude
05-31-2010, 09:03 AM
it is not as simple as the nba just being rigged...

I am saying that when there are serious allegations, accusations and generally a lot of suspicions---

then THAT is when it becomes time to clear the air---to investigate and to review how the climate has become so tainted---that fans are regularly having these debates.

Back to the police analogy;

Say---for example---that the LAPD is constantly being accused or implicated in illicit activity---what happens?

Well, if lucky---SOMEONE cares enough to make questions,inquiries to FIND OUT---if there is something there and usually---where there is smoke there is fire....

so, in time, somekind of investigation or study takes place and ---if enough dirt is found---then investigations,etc... begin to get more intensive.

Back to the NBA;

If there has been allegations---and there has---

then it should be time to AT LEAST---have some kind of impartial panel or agency---look in to things...have refs under a mocroscope---bring newly trained refs into the league---investigate the donaghy phone calls made to other refs before games,etc

and all this should be done ----TO THE NBA FANS SATISFACTION----

NOT only to STERNS satisfaction.

You assume most people actually care about possible systemic issues with the refs in the NBA. Maybe most people just don't give a shit.

dav4463
05-31-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't think it is rigged, but it is nearly impossible for a team other than the Celtics and Lakers to get superstar players (Garnett, Allen, Gasol) from other teams without giving up anything of value.

Other teams have to do it through the draft and shrewd trades that involve both teams giving up something.

When the Lakers and Celtics aren't quite good enough; they get to steal other team's best players.

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think it is rigged, but it is nearly impossible for a team other than the Celtics and Lakers to get superstar players (Garnett, Allen, Gasol) from other teams without giving up anything of value.

Other teams have to do it through the draft and shrewd trades that involve both teams giving up something.

When the Lakers and Celtics aren't quite good enough; they get to steal other team's best players.

What did the spurs have to give to get Dick?

D2Procon
05-31-2010, 09:08 PM
:downspin:

silverblk mystix
05-31-2010, 09:19 PM
What did the spurs have to give to get Dick?

Bowen---and the spurs defense was never the same.

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 09:22 PM

Bowen was done. Anything else?

JJ Hickson
05-31-2010, 09:38 PM

:lol You mean the guy who retired after the trade?