PDA

View Full Version : So when's Artest going to implode?

PGDynasty24
05-30-2010, 07:11 PM
That's all I heard when we acquired him. But he has been on great behavior and has been everything we hoped he would be when we signed him and let Ariza go

Gutter92
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
He had a great game 6, but did you see how he was totally ignoring PJ in game 5 after he took the shot and went to the bench? Phil was talking to him and he was just ignoring him and got up a few secs later...his 3pt shooting has been great too. Specially that shot with 22 secs left on the shotclock...if he didn't put back kobe's airball we'd be hearing about that dumb shot for a while...

namlook
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Phil knows how to manage unique personalities like Artest.

Roddy Beaubois
05-30-2010, 07:19 PM

Like ones that keep an ignore list?

IronMexican
05-30-2010, 07:20 PM
>Implying the Magic and mavs were going to meet in the Finals

JamStone
05-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Don't tempt fate by asking this before the worst possible time for him to implode.

D2Procon
05-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Wow seriously? An ignore list? Can you add me there too please?

namlook
05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow seriously? An ignore list? Can you add me there too please?

Not yet. Patience my young grasshopper.

JMarkJohns
05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Don't tempt fate by asking this before the worst possible time for him to implode.

Yeah... It's not like he's never been called for technical or flagrant fouls against Paul Pierce or anything.

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 08:50 PM
>Implying the Magic and mavs were going to meet in the Finals
+10 for the Joy Division album in your sig...one of the most underrated bands of alltime:toast

eyeh8u
05-30-2010, 08:52 PM
in the offseason he will be charged for murder

Venti Quattro
05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
in the offseason he will be charged for murder
of paul pierce

eyeh8u
05-30-2010, 08:56 PM
of paul pierce

my guess is going to be a stabbing

Venti Quattro
05-30-2010, 08:57 PM
my guess is going to be a stabbing

on the court

lil_penny
05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Uncle ron ron!!!

eyeh8u
05-30-2010, 09:05 PM
on the court

i wouldnt be surprised if artest was that mentally defective to stab a person to death on live tv

DeadlyDynasty
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if artest was that mentally defective to stab a person to death on live tv

i'll take that swap...pierce out for the series due to being dead, and ron-ron gets the chair...that only improves the Lakers' chances :toast

Venti Quattro
05-30-2010, 09:21 PM
artest will stick to pierce like a dagger in the heart

mystargtr34
05-30-2010, 09:32 PM
He hasnt imploded (credit to him), but he has been anything but 'great' or 'what the Lakers wanted'. I think they thought they were getting a guy who could be bit more of factor offensively, and i dont think they anticipated he had lost so much in terms of his defense, namely speed and quickness.

I think they regret their decision to let Ariza go... but its not like Artest is a deadweight like a Radman or Walton.

eyeh8u
05-30-2010, 09:36 PM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5637/popsandsoftime.jpg

Giuseppe
05-30-2010, 10:10 PM
He hasnt imploded (credit to him), but he has been anything but 'great' or 'what the Lakers wanted'. I think they thought they were getting a guy who could be bit more of factor offensively, and i dont think they anticipated he had lost so much in terms of his defense, namely speed and quickness.

I think they regret their decision to let Ariza go... but its not like Artest is a deadweight like a Radman or Walton.

:rolleyes

IronMexican
05-30-2010, 10:24 PM
+10 for the Joy Division album in your sig...one of the most underrated bands of alltime:toast

:toast

Kamala
05-30-2010, 11:08 PM
By the fourth quarter of game 2.:toast

The Franchise
05-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Someone please quote this. I guarantee he is going to do something boneheaded to cause the Lakers to lose one of these games in the finals.

4>0rings
05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
If he didn't have that put back and LA lost the game, he would of.

LakeShow
05-31-2010, 12:03 AM

:rolleyes

I like this matching up with Pierce a lot better than I do Ariza. He's too strong for Ariza, he'll just back him down all game, Artest is not having that! Artest will be the difference. Book it!

Flux451
05-31-2010, 12:10 AM
bows will be a flyin

TheMACHINE
05-31-2010, 12:38 AM

lol...this post has fail all over it.

Factor offensively? Lakers got him strictly for defensive purposes.

Regret thier decision? In case you dont now it, the Lakers are about to start thier first game in the Finals next week. Whats there to regret?

:lol

bostonguy
05-31-2010, 12:41 AM
This is where we will finally see Artest's true impact. This is a series where he will be really needed. He has the strength to match Pierce.

Giuseppe
05-31-2010, 05:34 AM
If he didn't have that put back and LA lost the game, he would of.

:lol And the glorious bastard couldn't make a layup to save his life in the prior 100 games. Not that nite though.

What's best though, 4>? The Suns, vaporizing that Spur's ass afore Artest took 'em to the woodshed.

TampaDude
05-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Someone please quote this. I guarantee he is going to do something boneheaded to cause the Lakers to lose one of these games in the Finals.

:lol

angelbelow
05-31-2010, 01:04 PM
youre fucking horrible, leave this type of shit to lava.

Fabbs
05-31-2010, 01:29 PM
He had a great game 6, but did you see how he was totally ignoring PJ in game 5 after he took the shot and went to the bench? Phil was talking to him and he was just ignoring him and got up a few secs later...his 3pt shooting has been great too. Specially that shot with 22 secs left on the shotclock...if he didn't put back kobe's airball we'd be hearing about that dumb shot for a while...
This is where Phoenix, and specifically Jason Richardsons lame failed box out put the stopgap on fullon Artest implosion.

As you mentioned what happened, if Richardson does the slightest of boxing out and Phx prevailed in OT, i have no doubt Implosion Artest 2010 would have come the next game. Instead he looked like he just had a good therapy session and some excellent lithium.

21_Blessings
05-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Perkins is more likely to implode to be honest

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 03:24 PM
lol @ Bynum being the 4th best center in the Finals.

4>0rings
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
:lol And the glorious bastard couldn't make a layup to save his life in the prior 100 games. Not that nite though.

What's best though, 4>? The Suns, vaporizing that Spur's ass afore Artest took 'em to the woodshed.We talkin' home town rings, crotch rot. Which your team, the Suns, have none.

SomeCallMeTim
05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
This is where we will finally see Artest's true impact. This is a series where he will be really needed. He has the strength to match Pierce.

He was needed vs. OKC and did a great job... he gave Durant fits.

Pierce is a different story, likely easier in some ways, more difficult in others. One thing I'd expect is that Ron won't be able to get in Pierce's head like he seemed to Durant's. I'm not talking about trash talk, I'm talking about where Durant started to rush even his open looks because Artest was so dogged about getting back into plays when screened off or switched. I wouldn't expect Pierce to be missing his open looks so much.

SomeCallMeTim
05-31-2010, 07:30 PM
This is where Phoenix, and specifically Jason Richardsons lame failed box out put the stopgap on fullon Artest implosion.

As you mentioned what happened, if Richardson does the slightest of boxing out and Phx prevailed in OT, i have no doubt Implosion Artest 2010 would have come the next game. Instead he looked like he just had a good therapy session and some excellent lithium.

As much as I'd like to disagree with you, I can't say your alternate scenario wouldn't have been impossible. Didn't like that 3-pointer he took (it was the first really dumb shot I can remember him taking in a long while... maybe all year). Didn't like his reaction to Phil's criticism. I think he earned a lot of slack with his great attitude, hustle, and 98% sticking to the script this year, but still... his less recent history suggests that long-term he'll have a relapse.

Instead, what happened happened and he turned from potential goat to definite hero and instead the lingering "how dumb was that?" moment from the series is Sasha lighting a fire under Dragic and the Suns with his dumb elbow to the chops move.

Ashy Larry
05-31-2010, 07:44 PM
hell, since that Detroit incident, Ron has been cool ...... should expect him to be cool during the finals as well. Won't have to worry about Pierce being guarded by Walton and Vlad Rad.

DAF86
06-07-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking that right about now.

hater
06-07-2010, 03:23 PM
good thing he didn't injure himself this time after drinking himself to sleep

DAF86
06-13-2010, 09:42 PM
So predictable.