PDA

View Full Version : Suns exposed, Mavs beat them playing mediocre

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Like I've been saying all along, the Suns are not title contenders. The Mavs didn't even play a great game and still beat phoenix at home. Only Finley had an incredible game, everyone else played so-so. The adjustments they made were enough to beat these Suns. They focused their defense on Nash and threw random defenders on Amare as well as alternating between double teaming him and not. They slowed their offense down and did a lot of post-up plays. And they contested every Richardson 3. They also made Marion play defense all game long. That's all they had to worry about because their bench sucks.

I also thought Dirk played horrible and made a lot of mistakes. He shouldnt even criticize anyone, he's been playing like shit all througout the playoffs. I'm not sure what the Suns can come back with if Dallas keeps their strategy. Let's see if Suns coach deserves to be COY

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-12-2005, 09:26 AM
True, but Dirk is the star of that team. It's his job to let people know that he expects more from them (some do it in other ways).

Also, he did hit the last shot.

Warlord23
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
Like I've been saying all along, the Suns are not title contenders. The Mavs didn't even play a great game and still beat phoenix at home. Only Finley had an incredible game, everyone else played so-so. The adjustments they made were enough to beat these Suns.

Dude, Damp had more points than Amare at one point in the first quarter. He may not get that many in all the remaining games combined. Finley has hot-shooting games like that once a week .. let's see how many games he hits 80% from 3 point land .. in game 1 he shot 1 for 5.

And I'm not sold on the adjustments yet. None of the Suns starters shot well, and one of them played half a game ... and they still went for 106 points. The Mavs shot 50% from the field and 46% from 3-pt range .. I don't think that's par for the course ... they shot well, defended well, and won by 2. I say Suns in 6 or 7, depending on when Joe comes back.

exstatic
05-12-2005, 09:57 AM
None of the Suns starters shot well...

That's because Dallas got back on defense. The Sun's half court offense is average, at best.

Dallas shot 50% because they took it into the paint, instead of settling for jumpers.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:07 AM
True, but Dirk is the star of that team. It's his job to let people know that he expects more from them (some do it in other ways).

Also, he did hit the last shot.

Yes he did hit it. If he hadn't he would be to blame for the loss.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Didn't the Spurs lose to the 7-seed at home?

wildbill2u
05-12-2005, 11:42 AM
The Sun's half court offense is average, at best.

Man, I don't know about that. Nash runs their pick and roll like it is diagrammed on a blackboard. His passes are exactly right for the pick man to catch, even the more difficult bounce passes. IMHO he's the best since Stockton and Stoudemaire may make us forget ol' what's his name before he's through.

I wish our guards could do the pick and roll with Tim half as well. Of course, Tim isn't as athletic as Amare and that may be part of the problem.

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Half of all of you guys in here including timvp and Kori picked Phoenix to win this series, so I hardly think Phoenix has been "exposed." They lost a close game(2 pts) after they lost their 3rd best scorer in 2nd Q to injury.

I think Phoenix will make a series out of this, but w/o Joe, it will be tough, as they are virtually only 6 deep now and will be somewhat fatigued by the time they play SA in WCFs if the win it here.

SA can beat either team.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm not saying the Suns are not a great team. I mean for those who think the Suns are favorites to win the title, that has been "exposed"