PDA

View Full Version : Call it now... Spurs overconfident tonight?

TwoHandJam
05-12-2005, 09:47 AM
We all know our Spurs have stumbled in the past after having been up 2-0 in a series. Is this the year they learn from their mistakes, stay focused and take care of business at Key Arena?

This poster says aye! What say you?

sa_butta
05-12-2005, 09:49 AM
We all know our Spurs have stumbled in the past after having been up 2-0 in a series. Is this the year they learn from their mistakes, stay focused and take care of business at Key Arena?

This poster says aye! What say you?I think they know what to expect from them, and will be ready. We just have to be ready for the bullshit calls again tonight. I think we win in a closer game.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-12-2005, 10:01 AM
I think these are the Bizzaro Spurs.

1. Not depending on one star to win/lose.

2. Blowing away the competition in the first part of the season and tailing off late.

I think it's closer than it's been, but Spurs hold on for an 8-11 point victory.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:04 AM
The only way the Spurs can lose this game is if their offense completely shuts down again.

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2005, 10:11 AM
I think that Tim Duncan will still remember Tuesday night and go into Seattle and rip their hearts out tonight with a 40-20 game. I've never seen him show that much visible anger. Be afraid Seattle. be VERY afraid.

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2005, 10:21 AM
LMAO...Sonics FANS certainly aren't overconfident...the most active threads in their forum are ones bashing Spurs fans and free agency this summer...most of them want to blow up the team and rebuild...or trade for LeBron...:lol

TwoHandJam
05-12-2005, 11:22 AM
I think that Tim Duncan will still remember Tuesday night and go into Seattle and rip their hearts out tonight with a 40-20 game. I've never seen him show that much visible anger. Be afraid Seattle. be VERY afraid.
Yeah, that would be sweet alright. Gone are the days when Tim has to constantly put the team on his back because of all the support he has now. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to be treated to a 40/20 performance. We all know he still has it in him. :smokin

spurster
05-12-2005, 11:48 AM
With last year's Lakers series in mind, there will be no overconfidence. However, the Sonics will be fighting for their playoff lives, so I think the Sonics will win it tonite, and then the Spurs will crush them on Sunday.

exstatic
05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
most of them want to blow up the team and rebuild...

That shouldn't be difficult. They have eight FAs.

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2005, 11:57 AM
That shouldn't be difficult. They have eight FAs.

:lol...including their coach...looks like Mr. Coffee went "Paul Allen" and then lost interest when he realized he couldn't buy a championship...

they have one poster in there that keeps saying "LeBron says he wants to play for Nate McMillan"...:lol

yeahone
05-12-2005, 11:58 AM

This poster says aye! What say you?

not because we are up two and 0 i dont see any reason why we should lose focus, last year will be on the minds of the guys and i think that would be added motivation to stay focus and go and win atleast one game onthe road. denver and seattle is two different teams but the same intensity we showed against the nuggets is the same we should show against the sonics. :hat

spur219
05-12-2005, 11:59 AM
The Spurs will win tonight and not get overconfident. The Spurs know what they need to do and have been in this situation before. They cannot afford to get overconfident. They need to win and get through this series quick so they can rest because they will be doing a lot of running in the next series.

yeahone
05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
The only way the Spurs can lose this game is if their offense completely shuts down again.
i agree wit hyou on that one, we got to many expose wire for the sonics to handle. :spin

yeahone
05-12-2005, 12:16 PM

:lol :elephant

baseline bum
05-12-2005, 12:21 PM
I don't think Seattle is good enough to take a game from the Spurs. They bought into too much of their own hype after the Sac series, and now they're paying for their big mouths. There's no Shaq, Kobe, and Malone on Seattle. The Spurs win this one by 20+.

Jimcs50
05-12-2005, 12:29 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15548

3 votes for Sonics to win?

Sequ and Nikos, are you here already this afternnon?

:)

mookie2001
05-12-2005, 03:34 PM
the term overconfident is stupid
its like if you win, then you were correct in being overconfident and were just really confident and if you lose then you were overconfident in the true sense
its like the lame ass analyst who always pick the underdog, if theyre right then they seem like geniuses and if theyre wrong then they were just going on a limb and the team that was supossed to win did
im sick and tired of these lame ass basketball cliches our three stars do it all the time duncan because he hates talking and tries to be as boring as possible and manu and tony because they follow tim and have yet fully grasp the english language
i really do watch the game on mute for fear of hearing "all of sudden, its a ___point lead", after the trailing team has gone on a four point run, "complacent" used totally incorrectly to sound smart, and "he was TOO open" anytime a player takes his time and shoots an open shot
come original

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
the term overconfident is stupid
its like if you win, then you were correct in being overconfident and were just really confident and if you lose then you were overconfident in the true sense

Damn Confucius.... or maybe confused-you-is??

texbumTHElife
05-12-2005, 03:39 PM
I hope the Spurs are thinking about last year as much as you guys are. They need to be focused on the task at hand and not worry about the past. I think the Sonics get one at home because they will have that one awesome shooting night where everything goes in. Also because I have tickets to game 5 :)

ducks
05-12-2005, 04:35 PM
it helps suns lost last night
pop can tell that to them
see suns would big first game and got a big head and lost last night