PDA

View Full Version : NBA Finals Week : Remembering the GOAT

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 01:42 PM
N5kBsJARrLc

Mavs_man_41
05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
watching that made me realize that one thing about jordan that's never talked about is his quickness...man had a BEASTLY first step..

Mavs_man_41
05-31-2010, 02:24 PM
oh and kobe even tries to mimic MJ's shooting style lmao

lefty
05-31-2010, 02:33 PM
oh and kobe even tries to mimic MJ's shooting style lmao
Kobe is a Jordan wannabe

A lame one if you ask me

Muser
05-31-2010, 02:33 PM
GOAT, people forget just how good he was.

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
MJ was a beast

One of the best, that's for sure

lefty
05-31-2010, 03:00 PM
MJ was a beast

So if MJ is one of the best

Where does that leave Kobe?

A good scrub?

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:00 PM
MJ was a beast

Right on cue, obnoxious Laker fan trying to downplay the greatest of all time because MJ did not wear a Laker uniform

lil_penny
05-31-2010, 03:14 PM
The g.o.a.t.

Fpoonsie
05-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Right on cue, obnoxious Laker fan trying to downplay the greatest of all time because MJ did not wear a Laker uniform

Right on cue, obnoxious Laker hater trying to downplay Kobe's accomplishments the same week his team makes the finals.

lefty
05-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Right on cue, obnoxious Laker hater trying to downplay Kobe's accomplishments the same week his team makes the finals.
Let's see how Kobe fares against a real defensive team

Fpoonsie
05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Let's see how Kobe fares against a real defensive team

Yeah. It should be hella fun to watch.

And, look, I hate the Lakers, too, but MH's insistence on this Kobe-bashing overkill actually makes me somehow dislike Dwyane...

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:22 PM

Michael Jordan won 6 Finals MVP's, the most in NBA history.

What does remembering Michael Jordan have to do with "downplaying kobe" ?

nothing. that's what.

Fpoonsie
05-31-2010, 03:23 PM
I just realized, however, that, due to the lack of Laker fan responses in this thread, I've been effectively trolled by one of the best.

Fuck.

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah. It should be hella fun to watch.

And, look, I hate the Lakers, too, but MH's insistence on this Kobe-bashing overkill actually makes me somehow dislike Dwyane...

You're an idiot.

I did not even say the word Kobe anywhere in this thread until you forced me to.

I can't even post a video about MJ during Finals week now or you are going to cry that I am somehow hating on a laker player?

get a grip.

Now, if remembering MJ makes you think badly about Kobe, what does that say about yourself? You may have those thoughts already.

Fpoonsie
05-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Michael Jordan won 6 Finals MVP's, the most in NBA history.

What does remembering Michael Jordan have to do with "downplaying kobe" ?

nothing. that's what.

I can't help myself...

Your history of anti-Kobe threads. The timeliness of this specific thread. A simple Laker fan comment that more or less agrees w/ your original premise, but that you can't help but shit on. Take your pick...

Bob Lanier
05-31-2010, 03:29 PM
lol retiring the number of another team's player

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:30 PM
I can't help myself...

Your history of anti-Kobe threads. The timeliness of this specific thread. A simple Laker fan comment that more or less agrees w/ your original premise, but that you can't help but shit on. Take your pick...

You seem to be very angry at me posting a thread to remember the greatest of all time. A man who dominated the NBA and won multiple championships and Finals MVP's.

Why? Are you jealous or something? yeah, Dirk can't be that good and the Mavericks are having a tough time getting even one championship, but what does that have to do with me?

No need to take it out on me

Bob Lanier
05-31-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/kareem-abdul-jabbar-sky-hook-over-jordan-16x20_2a772d5915bede332d61a9a88d82f26d.jpg I have my pick, but yours is certainly a valid one. :toast

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:31 PM
lol retiring the number of another team's player

to be honest, the league should have retired MJ's number.

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
I have my pick, but yours is certainly a valid one. :toast

Your pick is wrong. People much more experienced and smarter than you have all agreed MJ is the GOAT.

You can try to be the rebel and feel special if you want to, but it won't change the fact that MJ is GOAT.

That is all.

Bob Lanier
05-31-2010, 03:34 PM
to be honest, the league should have retired MJ's number.Oh, bullshit. Basketball is the easiest sport for one player to dominate, but the NBA putting all its eggs into the "superstar" basket rather than promoting the sport itself was one of the worst things it ever did. If one player can save or sink the entire league, the league isn't worth very much.

Bob Lanier
05-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Your pick is wrong. People much more experienced and smarter than you have all agreed MJ is the GOAT.

You can try to be the rebel and feel special if you want to, but it won't change the fact that MJ is GOAT.

That is all.
You're so much nicer in your HarlemHeat persona. Look, I dislike Kobe too, and you don't need to be an willingly-ignorant jackass to do so.

milkshakeballa
05-31-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/kareem-abdul-jabbar-sky-hook-over-jordan-16x20_2a772d5915bede332d61a9a88d82f26d.jpg I have my pick, but yours is certainly a valid one. :toast

:toast:toast:toast:toast

lefty
05-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Oh, bullshit. Basketball is the easiest sport for one player to dominate, but the NBA putting all its eggs into the "superstar" basket rather than promoting the sport itself was one of the worst things it ever did. If one player can save or sink the entire league, the league isn't worth very much.
:tu

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Oh, bullshit. Basketball is the easiest sport for one player to dominate, but the NBA putting all its eggs into the "superstar" basket rather than promoting the sport itself was one of the worst things it ever did. If one player can save or sink the entire league, the league isn't worth very much.

The players earn the salaries they do thanks to MJ. The league makes the money it does now thanks to MJ's popularity and excellence.

During MJ's heyday, the NBA was bigger than the MLB. The 1998 Finals was the first time in NBA history that it received more viewers than the World series.

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:40 PM
You're so much nicer in your HarlemHeat persona. Look, I dislike Kobe too, and you don't need to be an willingly-ignorant jackass to do so.

You're a fucking idiot if you think I even have 1 other account on this website.

I don't. HarlemHeat is a different person, and so is ChrisRichards. Maybe HarlemHeat = ChrisRichards, but it is not me

and don't detract from the subject. Kareem is not above MJ.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Kobe tearing it up post season on his way to #5 and it's ripping the OP's heart out. Gotta love it. :toast

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Bob Lanier
05-31-2010, 03:41 PM
The players earn the salaries they do thanks to MJ. The league makes the money it does now thanks to MJ's popularity and excellence.

During MJ's heyday, the NBA was bigger than the MLB. The 1998 Finals was the first time in NBA history that it received more viewers than the World series.
And what comes before "MJ"? Why not Ronaldo or Zidane?

Your post is a collection of half-truths. Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't. HarlemHeat is a different person, and so is ChrisRichards. Maybe HarlemHeat = ChrisRichards, but it is not me

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2010, 03:42 PM

Settle down heat.

I don't buy into the one guy being the greatest crap. Never have. MJ was one of the greatest. What's wrong with that statement?. Kobe is one of the greatest. Kareem was one of the greatest. West was one of the greatest. Russel was on of the greatest. Bird,magic, wilt, and so on.

You want to call him the GOAT? Go ahead.
Time, as we know it, hasn't expired just yet. For all you know there is this 14 year phenom kid playing hoops somewhere in suburbia who will become one of the greatest playing at a level MJ and Kobe could only wish for.

Careful with the GOAT comment.

lefty
05-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Kobe tearing it up post season on his way to #5 and it's ripping the OP's heart out. Gotta love it. :toast

# 5?

What #5 :lmao

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:43 PM

Actually, trolls came into this thread and changed the subject.

I just wanted to remember MJ.

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Settle down heat.

I don't buy into the one guy being the greatest crap. Never have. MJ was one of the greatest. What's wrong with that statement?. Kobe is one of the greatest. Kareem was one of the greatest. West was one of the greatest. Russel was on of the greatest. Bird,magic, wilt, and so on.

You want to call him the GOAT? Go ahead.
Time, as we know it, hasn't expired just yet. For all you know there is this 14 year phenom kid playing hoops somewhere in suburbia who will become one of the greatest playing at a level MJ and Kobe could only wish for.

Careful with the GOAT comment.

That's fine. If that 14 yr old surpasses MJ, then he is the GOAT.

Until now, to this point in time, it's MJ.

Bob Lanier
05-31-2010, 03:46 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/R75Z68Jtvpuzfap8Z4dUezlYo1_500.jpg
Why do lovers eventually start to look like each other?

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:47 PM
And what comes before "MJ"? Why not Ronaldo or Zidane?

Those aren't basketball players. Make some sense

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:47 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/R75Z68Jtvpuzfap8Z4dUezlYo1_500.jpg
Why do lovers eventually start to look like each other?

Defend your claim of Kareem, because you will lose.

As I said, many many men smarter and more experienced than you have already agreed on MJ as the GOAT.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Actually, trolls came into this thread and changed the subject.

I just wanted to remember MJ.

We all know your agenda Harlem/Chris/Miami...

You live to suck on MJ's cock and hate Kobe. So be it. That you need to convince everyone else is just pure comedy and watching you squirm because Kobe is having a great playoffs is pure icing.

I am loving every second of it. All at your expense! :lol:toast:lol:toast

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:50 PM
We all know your agenda Harlem/Chris/Miami...

KoriEllis already proved I am not those people, so off you go, dumbass.

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Chrisrichards just hating on the player's he's supposed to hate, nothing to see here.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 03:52 PM
KoriEllis already proved I am not those people, so off you go, dumbass.

uh huh.... sure she has... :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

TheManFromAcme
That's fine. If that 14 yr old surpasses MJ, then he is the GOAT.

Until now, to this point in time, it's MJ.

He's your GOAT. You can keep him.
I believe that the MJ's, Kobe's, Julius Erving's, Baylors, Ice-man of this league all deserve that recognition.

So what if Dr. J got only one NBA title. So what if the Ice Man never got one. Kobe with 4 right now and the countless of other talents that never even got to smell a championship.

GOAT label = much hype

Geez.

Your entering Tlong levels now.

Mavs_man_41
lol at kobe fan trying to put him in jordan's class. "they're both one of the greatest" lmfao :lmao

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Would MJ ever lose to teams led by Ben Wallace, KG, and Rajon Rondo in the Finals?

I don't think so.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 03:55 PM
Miami not able to pull out the ChrisR troll just yet as he has to change the sig AGAIN. This has got to be a record for bandwagons jumped on in a single season. Can it get any better?

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2010, 03:57 PM
lol at kobe fan trying to put him in jordan's class. "they're both one of the greatest" lmfao :lmao

:sleep

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Miami not able to pull out the ChrisR troll just yet as he has to change the sig AGAIN. This has got to be a record for bandwagons jumped on in a single season. Can it get any better?

^^ Easily the dumbest poster on SpursTalk.

:lol:lol

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2010, 03:58 PM
And the Mavericks claim to fame is....................

Mavs_man_41
05-31-2010, 04:01 PM
if we're going to class players together, then kobe and dirk are in the same class, as superstars. a very select few take it to the next level such as magic, bird, wilt, hakeem. and then there's michael, all by himself with his 6 finals mvps, which would have surely been 8 in a row if not for gambling. pure dominance.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 04:01 PM
^^ Easily the dumbest poster on SpursTalk.

WoW!!! Creative!

:blah

cobbler
05-31-2010, 04:02 PM
if we're going to class players together, then kobe and dirk are in the same class, as superstars. a very select few take it to the next level such as magic, bird, wilt, hakeem. and then there's michael, all by himself with his 6 finals mvps, which would have surely been 8 in a row if not for gambling. pure dominance.

...and Dirk has won?

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 04:04 PM
WoW!!! Creative!

Nah, it's just true. You are easily the dumbest.

There are trolls, and you aren't one of them. You are dead serious about the retarded claims you make.

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 04:06 PM
...and Dirk has won?

This thread isn't about Dirk or the Mavs, it's about Jordan being 6-0 in the Finals while Kobe's lost to a team led by Ben Wallace.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Nah, it's just true. You are easily the dumbest.

There are trolls, and you aren't one of them. You are dead serious about the retarded claims you make.

You are a complete and utter moron.

I'm dead serious about that. :toast

TheManFromAcme

Fair enough with your first comment but although I will admit MJ was fantastic, I don't put him in that much higher stratosphere like many do.

No denying Michaels accolades. The proof is in the hardware he owns. Problems is...you guys want to put him in GOD like status as if what he did was totally ground-breaking and alien. The Man was great. End of story.

15-20 years from now, someone, somewhere is going to do things with that round leather ball that will make MJ/KOBE/DR.J/ICEMAN look like Matt Bonner (no offense Spurs fan)

I stay firm. MJ is one of the greatest.

Mavs_man_41
kobe is good people..top 15 of all time. fans like you guys though are the reason for all this needless hate..

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 04:13 PM
lol dirk

Mavs_man_41
05-31-2010, 04:13 PM
and it's doubtful that anyone will ever top MJ, Acme

and if/when that day ever comes, he will be the GOAT

TheManFromAcme
05-31-2010, 04:17 PM
and it's doubtful that anyone will ever top MJ, Acme

and if/when that day ever comes, he will be the GOAT

your stretching, but at least you've got substance to your logic Mavs-man.

"ever" is a loaded word but you've got some points. :toast

cobbler
05-31-2010, 04:19 PM
This thread isn't about Dirk or the Mavs, it's about Jordan being 6-0 in the Finals while Kobe's lost to a team led by Ben Wallace.

You can have all the mvp's, finals mvp's, and any other accolades you desire. I want the championships. As for 2004, you tip your hat to the winners, and move on. Something you and Harlem/Chris/Miami seem to have trouble doing. I am happy to live in the present as my team is in the finals and our star players is ripping it up. No BS obsessive post can change that either and that you guys are so bothered by it. Well, that is just the best news of all! :toast

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm not bothered, I'm just sayin...

Ben Wallace?

KG?

Rajon Rondo?

MJ ain't havin none of that.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm not bothered, I'm just sayin...

Ben Wallace?

KG?

Rajon Rondo?

MJ ain't havin none of that.

Well I stand in awe of your hindsight and hypotheticals. :toast

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 04:25 PM
You are a complete and utter moron.

I'm dead serious about that. :toast

You are dead serious about the most retarded shit people have ever read on this forum.

No surprise :lol

cobbler
05-31-2010, 04:27 PM
You are dead serious about the most retarded shit people have ever read on this forum.

No surprise :lol

Yes.... I already said it... I am dead serious you are a moron. I thought even you could grasp that. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Blackjack
05-31-2010, 04:29 PM
http://www.vilaszoo.org/uploads/images/54021_goat.jpg

WTF, ya need a reminder!?!

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes.... I already said it... I am dead serious you are a moron. I thought even you could grasp that. Hmmmmmmmmm.

:lol:lol:lol now he repeats himself

wonder what your IQ is, we could all have a good laugh

cobbler
05-31-2010, 04:32 PM
:lol:lol:lol now he repeats himself

wonder what your IQ is, we could all have a good laugh

Now were at the IQ game? Awwwwww

What's next? My daddy has a better job than your daddy?

Don't you have another bandwagon to be jumping on? Ohhh wait, there are none left. :lol

MiamiHeat
05-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Now were at the IQ game? Awwwwww

What's next? My daddy has a better job than your daddy?

Don't you have another bandwagon to be jumping on? Ohhh wait, there are none left. :lol

:lol:lol Dumbest poster on ST.

cobbler
05-31-2010, 05:02 PM
:lol:lol Dumbest poster on ST.

Ouuuuch

:lol

Agloco
05-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Great video, made even better by the fact that it starts out with defensive highlights. IMO one of the main reasons he's the GOAT. People forget exactly how good a defender he was.

Agloco
05-31-2010, 05:36 PM

Yeah but Lakerfan will always remind you that Dirk lost to D-Whistle and his band of Merry Men.

Booharv
05-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Are there any forums for intelligent basketball discussion anywhere? I'm not making a smartass comment, I'm seriously asking.

ezau
05-31-2010, 10:28 PM
Fair enough with your first comment but although I will admit MJ was fantastic, I don't put him in that much higher stratosphere like many do.

No denying Michaels accolades. The proof is in the hardware he owns. Problems is...you guys want to put him in GOD like status as if what he did was totally ground-breaking and alien. The Man was great. End of story.

15-20 years from now, someone, somewhere is going to do things with that round leather ball that will make MJ/KOBE/DR.J/ICEMAN look like Matt Bonner (no offense Spurs fan)

I stay firm. MJ is one of the greatest.

Agree with you.

Smooth Criminal
05-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Dirk=Kobe...:lmao

:lmao

:lmao

Killakobe81
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM

MJ was the GOAT ... so far ...
who knows maybe Lebron passes him someday?
right not doubt it ...

BUt I never get those that hate on Kobe or Lebron for mimicing Jordan ... most guys who played or watched ball in the 90's did ...

Why would you not wanna be like the best? Wasnt the Gatorade "be like mike" campaign capture that accurately.

AND is it Kobe's fault his imitation of MJ's is the closest we have seen?

Some of you haters are so dense ...if some young guy 10years from now imitates Kobe I could not care less ...

TheMACHINE
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
who cares if Kobe isnt Jordan...

Just be happy that we're watching someone that's even close to Jordan...if Kobe wasnt around, we'll just be watching one dimensional super stars...ZzZzZZz

TheManFromAcme
06-01-2010, 12:09 PM

Just be happy that we're watching someone that's even close to Jordan...if Kobe wasnt around, we'll just be watching one dimensional super stars...ZzZzZZz

:tu

true that

lefty
06-01-2010, 12:12 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

narmerguy
06-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Great video, made even better by the fact that it starts out with defensive highlights. IMO one of the main reasons he's the GOAT. People forget exactly how good a defender he was.

This, imo, is the key. He put up those insane highlights often while locking down his man.

TampaDude
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Michael Jordan is the GOAT, no question...too bad he took time off...it should've been an 8-peat for the Bulls.

Ashy Larry
06-01-2010, 04:53 PM
So if MJ is one of the best

Where does that leave Kobe?

A good scrub?

Just leaves Kobe as second greatest SG of all time ...... damn sure nothing to be ashamed of

MiamiHeat
06-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Just leaves Kobe as second greatest SG of all time ...... damn sure nothing to be ashamed of

I'm not convinced he is the 2nd best SG of all time. Kobe's scoring total is due to games played and years in the NBA. Look at the games played. A product of entering the NBA at 18, something the NBA never liked doing back then.

Jerry West (led the Lakers to NINE nba finals) and George Gervin can both lay claim to that too.

TheManFromAcme
06-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Michael Jordan is the GOAT, no question...too bad he took time off...it should've been an 8-peat for the Bulls.

:nope

Houston was going to win those championships Jordan or not, in my opinion.
Cool thing is that we will never know.

TampaDude
06-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Anything is possible...

MiamiHeat
06-02-2010, 01:44 AM

during the 90s, it was universally accepted that Hakeem would be ringless if MJ never retired.

We can argue because it's hypotheticals, but really, nobody was going to touch MJ. His 2nd 3-peat proved that.

Venti Quattro
06-02-2010, 02:06 AM
If Jordan played the Rox finals/chips era, I'm sure that his Bulls wouldn't have choked like Orlando did. Let's leave it at that. Don't know much about the Rox-Knicks series.

ezau
06-02-2010, 05:50 AM

Agree with this. As great as Jordan was, Olajuwon was playing like a man possessed from 94-95. Nobody was going to touch Hakeem during that time

scanry
06-02-2010, 06:18 AM
Agree with this. As great as Jordan was, Olajuwon was playing like a man possessed from 94-95. Nobody was going to touch Hakeem during that time

I'm not so sure about 94 though. The Bulls would've finished them of in 5 to probably 6 max. The 95 Rockets on the other hand would've won it in 6.

TheManFromAcme
06-02-2010, 06:31 AM
during the 90s, it was universally accepted that Hakeem would be ringless if MJ never retired.

We can argue because it's hypotheticals, but really, nobody was going to touch MJ. His 2nd 3-peat proved that.

Univeral acceptance or not, it's still a hypothetical

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I got a reminder of the Suns pumping your ass 4-0. You want it, turdhound?

z0sa
06-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I got a reminder of the Suns pumping your ass 4-0. You want it, turdhound?

:lmao why is Culburn so butthurt about the Spurs losing to the Suns?

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 02:25 PM
:lmao why is Culburn so butthurt about the Spurs losing to the Suns?

I didn't sleep at all till Artest pulled JRich's pants down Game 5.

tee, hee.

You coulda saved me a lot of consternation if you: A. hadn't got skunked. and B. beat the Suns.

z0sa
06-11-2010, 02:48 PM
I didn't sleep at all till Artest pulled JRich's pants down Game 5.

tee, hee.

You coulda saved me a lot of consternation if you: A. hadn't got skunked. and B. beat the Suns.

Who cares? Spurfan wise, I mean? We beat the Suns on the way to three titles. We beat them 4 out of 6 times in a decade. Little bro finally grew up and beat us in the race, such is life.

Giuseppe
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
are you a kobe fan or a laker fan? you shouldn't take such offense of you're the latter, this was only directed at kobe fanboys. does that describe you to a "T" or something?

I was just checkin' assholes.