PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism?

TE
05-31-2010, 04:45 PM
How much of a threat is terrorism today? Do you think there will be attacks in the near future?

Thoughts and informative, thorough responses are welcome.

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Well, Israel is the #1 exporter of terrorism worldwide. Those of us that live in the states don't have to worry about it then.

My condolences to any Arab posters we have here that may be victimized by Israeli terrorism in the near future.

Don't worry though, big brother Iran gotcho back nigga :huddle:

Shastafarian
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM

Iran's gonna shit themselves when Israel takes out their reactors

lol nuclear power

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Israel was supposed to take out Iran in 2007, 2008, 2009, etc.

lol empty bluffs

ElNono
05-31-2010, 04:53 PM
I think it's a real threat and as such, there will be more to come in the future.
Now, you can choose to live scared by the thought, or simply live your file accepting the world is not always a safe place.

TE
05-31-2010, 04:55 PM
I think it's a real threat and as such, there will be more to come in the future.
Now, you can choose to live scared by the thought, or simply live your file accepting the world is not always a safe place.

If you begin to live in a world that is fully devoid of the existence of terrorism, then you my friend are living a life of delusion. Scary Thought.

boutons_deux
05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
America never was under a serious threat of significant terrorism. WTC interrupted NYC life not for very long, never mind America.

America's insane, incompetent overreaction to WTC has cost America much more in lives and taxpayer wealth than the WTC attack.

America's most terrorist threat is from within, the Wall St Banksters, capitalists, corporations, conservative scam-job "philosophy" conspiracy to suck the wealth and dreams out of Americans.

ChumpDumper
05-31-2010, 06:51 PM
We're lucky that most would-be terrorist are incompetent.

Stringer_Bell
05-31-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure our policy is making less terrorists, it's probably creating more. We should have hunkered down our ports and border crossings instead of battle fatiguing our forces and pissing off more people. But that's just IMHO.

If ever there are real terrorists here again, they won't stop or give up information if they are caught. They're real fucking bad dudes, we should kill them and not waste time or resources.

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure our policy is making less terrorists, it's probably creating more. We should have hunkered down our ports and border crossings instead of battle fatiguing our forces and pissing off more people. But that's just IMHO.

If ever there are real terrorists here again, they won't stop or give up information if they are caught. They're real fucking bad dudes, we should kill them and not waste time or resources.

Correct, and yet a majority of Americans fell for the "War on Terrorism" Propaganda machine to justify American imperialism :lol

Even the war in Afghanistan didn't have a primary objective of fighting terrorism.

It was all about geopolitics and oil.

boutons_deux
05-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Israel's murder of aid workers will certainly recruit more terrrorists against Israel and their eternal-no-conditions supporter USA/AIPAC.

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Israel's murder of aid workers will certainly recruit more terrrorists against Israel and their eternal-no-conditions supporter USA/AIPAC.

Yep.

Their actions create terrorism, and then when terrorists strike, they act as victims.

'Tis an endless, vicious cycle.

We need more peaceful nations in this world, like Iran.

EmptyMan
05-31-2010, 11:19 PM
It's a simple numbers game. Terrorist attacks are inevitable.

It's not nearly as big of a threat as when all of these retarded kids in their retarded sandbox all get a hold of nukes and continue their retarded drama.

DarrinS
06-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Well, Israel is the #1 exporter of terrorism worldwide. Those of us that live in the states don't have to worry about it then.

My condolences to any Arab posters we have here that may be victimized by Israeli terrorism in the near future.

You're an idiot.

boutons_deux
06-01-2010, 09:03 AM
"Its still a large threat today"

American kill WAY MORE Americans every year than terrorists ever have or ever will.

Fuck it, the MEDICAL PROFESSION kills more Americans every year with almost no punishment than terrorists ever will.

DarrinS
06-01-2010, 09:50 AM

American kill WAY MORE Americans every year than terrorists ever have or ever will.

Fuck it, the MEDICAL PROFESSION kills more Americans every year with almost no punishment than terrorists ever will.

God, you're a stupid fuck.

boutons_deux
06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
"God, you're a stupid fuck."

check the annual death stats for "avoidable medical errors",

and check the stats for "annual homicides"

... you stupid fuck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-01-2010, 11:26 AM
you're an idiot.

+1

Nbadan
06-01-2010, 05:29 PM
How much of a threat is terrorism today? Do you think there will be attacks in the near future?

Thoughts and informative, thorough responses are welcome.

Terrorism has always existed....and will always exist.

Terrorism can be a major threat, but by in large terror attacks are horrific in order to cause, well, terror, but also to maximize exposure..

Of course, there will be attacks in the future.

Nbadan
06-01-2010, 05:33 PM
....I don't worry about being killed and hurt by terrorists though....I have a much better chance of dieing from eating bad food, a high-speed blow out on the interstate, or developing cancer...

TE
06-02-2010, 02:57 AM
....I don't worry about being killed and hurt by terrorists though....I have a much better chance of dieing from eating bad food, a high-speed blow out on the interstate, or developing cancer...

Those are normal ways of dying. I use the word 'normal' loosely here. But when a person is killed by terrorism, more lives are lost ( varies with the Method of Terrorism Attack), and simply, someone is killed in the name of someone else. In a nutshell, it's a bad bad bad way to die. And it's not fair.

You can't compare dying because one chocked with dying because one was innocently involved in a cowardly terrorist attack. Simple.

TE
06-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Its still a large threat today. Add into the fact that youth are getting radicalized by the misinterpreation of the Curran and that people think Jihad means terrorism when it means "struggle".

The Curran never says to harm innocent civilians. It says Fight back against the military if your land is being attacked or in danger. What terrorists do is a farce and asinine to go along with the childish mindset.

The problem though is that the intelligence agencies are causing some of the problem as well. Their inability to effectively share information and intelligence they recieve with other agencies only damages our ability to prevent terrorist attacks. For instance, if the CIA gets information on how a certain terrorist is entering the states, they will be extremely reluctant in sharing the information with the NSA or DNI due to the fact there is interagency disputes and dislike for one another due to the fact that at the end of the year the agencies that are providing the most intelligence get a plethora and influx of resources to help with their work while the others dont. Add to the fact that the analyst or collector that retrieves the information wants to impress their higher-up or superior in order to further their career and status, you have just as much problems within the United States intelligence sector as you do with terrorism coming from the outside.

And yes, this is a legit and real problem that the intelligence sector deals with.

Good answer. I whole heartedly agree.

RandomGuy
06-02-2010, 12:20 PM

More people die in two months in the US in car accidents than in all the terrorist attacks put together, 39,000+ dead last year ALONE.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811291.PDF

The big threat of the future is WMD's not some jackass with a suicide vest or an Ak-47.

After 9-11 what planeload of Westerners would ever allow themselves to be hijacked again? Hmm? Flight 93 was pretty much the template of what happens when people know that the hijackers are doing.

Quite frankly I am hoping that the Al Qaeda types keep focusing on passenger jets instead of doing something smart like shifting tactics and getting a bit more creative. Lets hope they stay myopic.

Here is an interesting scenario: Dump a few gallons of oil from an overpass in any major US city during rush hour, then line up 19 guys with assault rifles and body armor every couple of hundred yards on the access roads to shoot anything that moves in the resulting traffic jam.

How would we defend against THAT? (yes, concealed handguns offer some defense)

boutons_deux
06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
New docs linked to death spike in July

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-06/uoc--ndl060210.php