PDA

View Full Version : Bynum got his knee drained

milkshakeballa
05-31-2010, 06:37 PM
today.

Look for him to surprise everyone and have a STRONG finals series.

12/8/2 for the big fella.

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 06:41 PM
Good, now 21 bynums will have no more excuses for bynum's shitty play in the finals and will have to join the rest of us in reality - bynum is a bum.

lefty
05-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Kobe drained his dick in Colorado in 2003.

Did he win the title in 2004?

No

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 06:55 PM

No

Son, if you're gonna make a bad rape joke, can you at least get the dates right? God bless sons.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-31-2010, 07:35 PM

No

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

God damn, that one liner was funny!

Ashy Larry
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
even I laughed at that one ..... classic

lefty
05-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Son, if you're gonna make a bad rape joke, can you at least get the dates right? God bless sons.
It was in 2003

After the Spurs eliminated the Lakers,, Kobe got depressed an shit

milkshakeballa
05-31-2010, 08:12 PM

No

SOOOO FUNNY WOW

America gonna tap algerias ass next month by 3 goals punk

thedong
05-31-2010, 08:14 PM

No

:lol

Bynum aint tappin that bitch rihanna no more?

lefty
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
SOOOO FUNNY WOW

America gonna tap algerias ass next month by 3 goals punk
We'll see :hat

DPG21920
05-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Dempsey, Dempsey, Dempsey

lefty
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
Dempsey, Dempsey, Dempsey
Yes I forgot that Demp was the new Rooney :lmao

Venti Quattro
05-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Just hoping for a good series defensively from the young fella.

DPG21920
05-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Yes I forgot that Demp was the new Rooney :lmao

Who said that?

More like the new McBride :hat

mogrovejo
05-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Now Algeria?

Am I the only white person in this entire board?

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Now Algeria?

Euro trash != white.

Kobayagi
05-31-2010, 08:49 PM

No, there's some fake slovenes here and we're gonna kick both asses at world cup - algerian and american. :downspin:
:hat

lefty
05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Who said that?

More like the new McBride :hat

lefty
05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
No, there's some fake slovenes here and we're gonna kick both asses at world cup - algerian and american. :downspin:
:depressed

pauls931
05-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I had my lizard drained about 20 minutes ago in preparation for posting here.

TheMACHINE
06-01-2010, 12:00 PM

No

is this really a one liner?! I think its a 3 liner. Lefty stepping up his game.

mogrovejo
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Euro trash != white.

Whites = Some Europeans + 2nd rate whites who descend from lower/working class individuals/religious freaks/expatriated criminals/jewish diaspora

TheManFromAcme
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Now Algeria?

Nope. Well sort of..

I am 1/2 Beaner and 1/2 German-Irish

Muser
06-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Now Algeria?

'Sup

hater
06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
good for him. How are his vagina bones holding up?

lefty
06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Now Algeria?

I'm white :lol

redzero
06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Bynum is going to explode for 8 and 8 on Wednesday.

lefty
06-01-2010, 03:07 PM

crc21209
06-01-2010, 03:10 PM

:lmao. If people think getting his knee drained is going to make a HUGE difference, they got another thing coming. It might be a temporary fix, but that knee isnt going to get a hell of a lot better...

TampaDude
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Bynum is going to explode for 8 and 8 on Thursday.

Baseline
06-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Do we need to be informed every time this guy is menstruating?

LnGrrrR
06-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Now Algeria?

Obviously, I am white. Half-Irish, half-German.

LnGrrrR
06-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Nope. Well sort of..

That's what my kid is. :D

The Gemini Method
06-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Regardles if the Lakers win the back-2-back title or not, the going hope is that we get at least one season of Bynum without any knee problems...however, that is looking as slim as anything at the moment.

The Gemini Method
06-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Nope. Well sort of..

1/2 Beaner and 1/2 Nazi-Mick

There, it goes with the climate of race relations this wonderful board is going through at the moment.

mogrovejo
06-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Bynum needs some serious long term work to correct the imbalances in his body and try to have some healthy seasons until the meniscus is gone.

For his case, draining the knee is just a placebo, the tear will be there, the pain and discomfort won't go anywhere.

milkshakeballa
06-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Bynum needs some serious long term work to correct the imbalances in his body and try to have some healthy seasons until the meniscus is gone.

For his case, draining the knee is just a placebo, the tear will be there, the pain and discomfort won't go anywhere.

I'm sorry but did I give you permission to post in my thread?

TinTin
06-02-2010, 06:26 AM

:lmao

cobbler
06-02-2010, 07:04 AM

Take an ortho workshop did ya? :lmao

Lukor
06-02-2010, 11:29 AM
It's scary to think how good the Lakers could be if Bynum was healthy for a whole season. That seems unlikely though, his knee just can't take wear and tear of the NBA and he's only 21 or so. I wonder if he even lasts until he's 30.

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Take an ortho workshop did ya? :lmao

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

lefty
06-02-2010, 12:03 PM
No change in Bynum's drained knee

Email (http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5240613&title=Bynum%5C%27s%20knee%20shows%20no%20progress% 20after%20draining&id=5240613)
Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=5240613&type=story)
Comments (http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5240613)142 (http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5240613)

By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive (http://search.espn.go.com/dave-mcmenamin/)
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Andrew Bynum (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2748) spoke to reporters after practice Tuesday while wearing his complete Lakers home uniform for promo spots for the Finals. But his outlook a day after having 2½ fluid ounces drained from his right knee Monday, or "a couple syringes worth" as the Los Angeles starting center put it, wasn't quite as bright as his crisp yellow jersey.
"It feels about the same, to be honest," Bynum said about his right knee that has a slight tear of the meniscus that will require surgery to repair it in the offseason. "The procedure was good. I think I just need to fight through it until we get the surgery done. This is the last hurrah; this is the last show, so I'm ready to give everything."

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/2748.jpg (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2748) Andrew Bynum (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2748)

#17 C
Los Angeles Lakers

2010 STATS

GM65
PPG15.0
RPG8.3
APG1.0
FG%.570
FT%.739

Bynum said the procedure has alleviated pressure from his hamstring tendon and his iliotibial band, the muscles that run along the outer portion of the leg.
"We're concerned but we're not troubled by it," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said.
The 22-year old who averaged career highs in points (15.0) and rebounds (8.3) during the regular season did not practice Tuesday, using the time for a therapy regimen that includes icing, electro stimulation and wearing a compression boot that fits all the way up the leg and is used to pump swelling out.
"I'm excited to go into tomorrow's practice to kind of get my rhythm back and get some conditioning back," Bynum said about the one practice he planned on participating in before Game 1 on Thursday. "I'm ready to start. The sooner we start, the better it is for me. Rest wise, I don't think it's going to do too much more. I kind of want the day to come."

More on the Lakers

http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/nba/med/trans/lal.gifFor more news and notes on the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky brothers. Blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/)

Bynum, who is averaging 9.1 points and 7.7 points in 24.2 minutes per game in the postseason, will face up against Kendrick Perkins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2018) of the Boston Celtics (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=bos) in the championship round. Perkins is averaging just 5.6 points and 6.4 rebounds in the playoffs.
Weighing in at 280 pounds, Perkins has the girth to combat with the 289-pound Bynum, but not the growth. The Celtics center is just 6-10 as compared to the 7-foot Bynum.
"With the height difference, I'll be able to use my left and right hook," Bynum said. "When I was watching the tape, that's what I was looking at, looking at footwork. I just got to take my time. He's a strong dude, so he'll be definitely pushing against you, at the same time, if I give him a bump, he won't be able to jump."
Dave McMenamin covers the Lakers for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

Giuseppe
06-02-2010, 12:10 PM
It's propaganda put out by Phil & Black, their PR guy.

21_Blessings
06-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Yeah no changes in his knee. It'll be like 2 1/2 ounces of fluid they extracted from it was never there.

TheMACHINE
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
It's propaganda put out by Phil & Black, their PR guy.

i agree...he is downplaying. I bet he feels really good after getting his knee drain and will go all out.

9 and 9 bitches!

21_Blessings
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Boston is fucked :lol

The Gemini Method
06-02-2010, 12:17 PM
9 and 9 for the Finals MVP@!!@@#@

duncan228
06-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Updated.

Bynum’s knee refills with fluid after procedure (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nbafinals-lakers)
By Beth Harris

Four years into his NBA career, Andrew Bynum is still trying to make it through his first full postseason.

The oft-injured Los Angeles Lakers center went through a limited practice Wednesday for the first time since having his balky right knee drained on Monday.

“It didn’t really help,” he said. “As soon as I drained it, about 12 hours later all the fluid came back.”

As a result, the swelling that has plagued Bynum isn’t any better, either. His big black knee brace remains a constant companion, as does the pain in his knee.

“It’s going to be there when I come down from jumping, push off laterally, missed shot, trying to go get a rebound after the fact,” he said. “The muscle is kind of shutting down because of the swelling, so it’s tough to jump and do everything at your maximum level.”

Still, Bynum is determined to try, especially because he was helpless to stop the Boston Celtics’ pummeling of the Lakers in the NBA finals two years ago. He was hurt and only along for the bus ride back to the hotel after the Celtics won the title on their home court.

Bynum will get a chance to help his teammates avenge that stinging defeat starting Thursday night when the Lakers host the Celtics in Game 1 of the finals.

“He’s going to give everything he’s got again just like he’s been doing,” fellow 7-footer Pau Gasol said.

Bynum had to content himself with watching from the bench Wednesday as the Lakers scrimmaged, his heavily wrapped right leg stretched out in front of him. Even then, he wasn’t paying total attention while chatting with shooting coach Craig Hodges. Coach Phil Jackson took notice.

“Saw that Drew?” he asked.

Bynum admitted he hadn’t seen the play, so Luke Walton walked over and filled him in. Later, Bynum left the floor to seek treatment on his knee while his teammates practiced free throws. He said he doesn’t plan to have his knee drained again.

He’s playing with a small tear in his meniscus that was discovered during the opening round against Oklahoma City. He’s started all 16 of the Lakers’ playoff games, averaging 9.1 points and 7.7 rebounds but playing only 24 minutes per game. He’s sat out most recent practices after series wins against Utah and Phoenix.

Bynum is trying to get by until he can have knee surgery after the finals. It will be his third major knee surgery since becoming the youngest player ever drafted four years ago.

“His knee is tore up, man,” teammate Shannon Brown said. “I watch him and when he does show the pain, I kind of feel sorry a little bit. But I understand what he’s doing and why he’s doing it. Kudos, and I hope he doesn’t mess it up even worse trying to help us win the championship.”

Bynum missed the entire 2008 postseason after going up for a rebound in a game and coming down on teammate Lamar Odom’s foot.

“When I saw it happening, it was kind of surreal to me. I was just part of the crowd really,” he said.

In January 2009, Bynum tore the MCL in his right knee and missed 32 games. He returned just as the regular season was ending, giving him barely any time to prepare for the playoffs.

Still, he earned his first NBA championship ring when the Lakers beat Orlando in the finals despite being limited by the same awkward brace on his knee that he wears now.

“Players tend to be healthy once the finals start no matter what their injury status is, and you know that,” Boston coach Doc Rivers said. “We’re viewing him as 100 percent and a factor in this series.”

The Lakers want Bynum focused more on defense than offense, using his size to fend off Rajon Rondo’s flashy drives to the basket and tangle with Kendrick Perkins in the post.

“It’s going to be a tough challenge for me, but it’s one that I’m ready to accept,” Bynum said. “I want to be effective, I want to help my team, I don’t want to miss anymore time.”

Rooster Fish
06-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I'll help drain anything else that needs be, him and Sasha. Yum...

21_Blessings
06-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Bynum’s knee refills with fluid after procedure
By Beth Harris

:rolleyes Beth Harris

From Lakers practice

Bynum said some swelling has returned to his knee after being drained. This not unexpected. Still slightly better than before.

djohn2oo8
06-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Bynum is reaching Yao/Oden territory, at only 22

21_Blessings
06-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Not really. Bynum actually plays in the playoffs while those two losers watch from their couch.

djohn2oo8
06-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Not really. Bynum actually plays in the playoffs while those two losers watch from their couch.

60 million dollars for the garbage man, but that's ok though, Yao might be Mr. BrittleMcBrittle, but Bynum with no passion for the game, only for some small pocketchange for 60 mil

21_Blessings
06-02-2010, 06:03 PM
4th in team win shares yeah sure garbage man.:lol Whatever you say bro. Houston Rocket basketball :lmao

Goran Dragic
06-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Why is Rocketfan talking so much shit these days? I don't get it.