PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson out game 3. To have surgery for broken bone

picnroll
05-12-2005, 10:02 AM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2058372)

Lands hard after hard foul by StackhouseAssociated Press
Mavs surge back, tie series with Suns 1-1

PHOENIX -- Phoenix guard Joe Johnson fractured a bone near his left eye when he was fouled on a layup with 19.7 seconds left in the first half of Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals between the Suns and the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night.

He was admitted to Good Samaritan Hospital and will undergo surgery on Thursday to repair the displaced bone. He will miss at least Game 3 Friday night in Dallas, the Suns said.

Johnson was fouled hard by Jerry Stackhouse and landed face-first on the America West Arena court. He was treated for several minutes, receiving six stitches to close a cut near his left eye. Referee Dick Bavetta belatedly called it a flagrant foul.

Johnson stayed in the game, looking like a boxer who had just lost a fight, and made one of the two free throws before leaving the game for good.

He was diagnosed with a mild concussion and a fractured orbital bone and was to remain hospitalized overnight. A CAT scan came back negative, the Suns said.

Johnson, a fourth-year guard, has not missed a game over the past three seasons.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Johnson was fouled hard by Jerry Stackhouse and landed face-first on the America West Arena court.

Oh my God! who wrote this??? ESPN?? Stack didn't even touch him! Fuck these media assholes.

DDS4
05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
The infraorbital bone fracture must be pretty severe to require surgery. Wonder what kind of fracture it was.

exstatic
05-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I think he might be missing more than game three. Sucks for Phoenix. They're already a pretty thin team, benchwise, and now one of them (probably QRich) will have to start. That probably means that they will need more minutes from Jackson than his gimpy knee should play.

picnroll
05-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Johnson matched up well with Finley and Stackhouse. That's a HUGE hit.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Oh my God! who wrote this??? ESPN?? Stack didn't even touch him! Fuck these media assholes.

Did they not call a foul on the play?
Did JJ not fall on the court?

I fail to see where the writer did something wrong.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 10:35 AM

Did you see the play? please watch it. This is a serious injury and if someone just reads this article and doesn't see the play will think: Damn that Stack, he's a fucking thug.

That's unfair, don't you think?

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 10:36 AM

I think the "fouled hard" part is what he is talking about.

sickdsm
05-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm sure the suns are glad however if anyone of there starters had to be out it was Johnson or Q and not any of the big three.

ladiesman
05-12-2005, 10:44 AM
That was a block, not a foul IMO. The kid just held on to the rim a little too long.

bonesinaz
05-12-2005, 10:52 AM
I think he might be missing more than game three. Sucks for Phoenix. They're already a pretty thin team, benchwise, and now one of them (probably QRich) will have to start. That probably means that they will need more minutes from Jackson than his gimpy knee should play.

You're right. He'll miss more time than one game. The swelling will take a while to go down and he will be on anti-inflammatories/pain killers. When he does return, he will have to wear facial/eye protection and that could change his game and shooting. I don't like JJ or the Suns, but I do feel bad for him/them.

boutons
05-12-2005, 10:59 AM
http://ect.downstate.edu/courseware/haonline/imgs/10000/0000/400/10497.jpg

http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/anatomy/atlasofanatomy/plate01/01skullfront.html

Was this the hit that Michael Corleone took from the crooked Irish NYC police capatain that gave Michael chronic sinus drainage problems? :)

bonesinaz
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
LOL, it may have been the same fracture.

The best anatomy illustrator IMO is Netter. But I don't think that the images are available online. The broken and dislocated bone is on the lateral aspect (outside) of the eye, just above the zygomatic arch (cheekbone).

JJ will have a headache for a long time.

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 11:20 AM
At least he didn't have his brains splattered on the court. That would have been bad.

baseline bum
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
No pic?

SouthernFried
05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2058372)

He was diagnosed with a mild concussion and a fractured orbital bone and was to remain hospitalized overnight. A CAT scan came back negative, the Suns said.

Johnson stayed in the game, looking like a boxer who had just lost a fight. .

Note to Ray Allen on how to be a man...

exstatic
05-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Note to Ray Allen on how to be a man...

I think it's too late at this point. He'd have to get rid of the dresses, makeup, and feminine products.

waly.mg
05-12-2005, 01:43 PM
What it had happened if Bruce Bowen had made a foul like that to Ray Allen? Probably Bruce Bowen would be in Prison

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 01:51 PM
What it had happened if Bruce Bowen had made a foul like that to Ray Allen? Probably Bruce Bowen would be in Prison

No fue una falta!!!

nkdlunch
05-12-2005, 02:02 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/nkdlunch/capt.jpg

Look at that... what a dirty play :rolleyes

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Well Stack knew the floor was hard, that's why he invented gravity!

CosmicCowboy
05-12-2005, 02:08 PM
no kidding...there was NO foul on that play at all...Refs blew the call...

adrienne
05-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Lol User...very thing I said when I read a Suns fan saying that Johnson fell because Stack hit him. I was under the impression that gravity had something to do with Johnson falling.

picnroll
05-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Ray says Bowen did it.

Useruser666
05-12-2005, 02:22 PM
"Bowen is up to his old tricks again. He couldn't get me in the game so he's trying to get Joe Johnson. I told the refs to watch him! *AHHHHHH!* Oh shit, I though I just saw Bruce over there in that shadow. Whewwww!" - Ray Allen

T Park
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Someone said its a good thing they lost THIS guy, I disagree.

Joe Johnson is one of the few on that team that plays defense, and also, he was consistently bring great games this whole year.

This is a HUGE blow to this team.

IMO, I wouldnt be suprised to see Dallas take games 3 and 4.