PDA

View Full Version : MDM>>>the beginning of the end.

Giuseppe
05-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Today is the 25th Anniversary of the Memorial Day Massacre. 25 years ago today, on Monday, May 27th, 1985, the Boston Celtics massacred the Los Angeles Lakers: 148-114 at Boston Gardens. Everybody, including a young Cubster, still in the prime of his Castleberry commissed to digging our graves.

One man though refused to go quietly into the good night. His name? Magic Johnson. He brought us all, the ones passed, the living and those to come---back from the edge of extinction. Six games and two weeks later---on a Sunday afternoon, June 9th, again on Massachusett's soil our misery came to an end, the diseased simian was slain, his thorax severed, and we walked in light for the very first time.

CBS in-game announcers Dick Stockton and Tommy Heinsohn stood tight lipped & livid as we rejoiced. Their witness of our deliverance.

- "I'm still 6'10, 240."

- Mitch Kupchak (coach Bertka shoulder-to-shoulder) - knee shackled--in tears--Boston, MA., June.9.1985

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Whats a castleberry

Giuseppe
05-31-2010, 08:21 PM
That's Culburn's last name.

BadOdor
05-31-2010, 08:31 PM
God bless you cubby. May Kobe deliver us to the promised land as Magic has done before him!

mogrovejo
05-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Just another glorious page in the annals of The Most Storied Franchise in the NBA. Too bad Larry Legend hurt his elbow in this game, it costed us another title.

I understand this kind of events is of supreme significance to a smaller ballclub like the Lakers though.

Giuseppe
05-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Yes, it's Kobe's moment. It's all there in front of him: vengeance, retribution, affirmation. Rarely does one have this perfect a moment.

Finish it.

Giuseppe
05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Too bad Larry Legend hurt his elbow in this game, it costed us another title.

Please.

You ain't talkin' to one of these Laker youngsters who were still riding round in their father's bean bag at the time. I was there, Mo. You fellows spent the playoffs spraining your ankles, limping around on one foot, writhing in pain (playing every minute) for two months before we came to you there in Boston.

But, before we did, Jabbar sat those young fucks down and implored them each & every one to not fall for the fake injury ploy, the plea for mercy whilst they took out the hidden blade.

He knew where the bear shit in the buckwheat.

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 08:52 PM
Just another glorious page in the annals of The Most Storied Franchise in the NBA. Too bad Larry Legend hurt his elbow in this game, it costed us another title.

I understand this kind of events is of supreme significance to a smaller ballclub like the Lakers though.

crucify em mogro, crucify em

Giuseppe
05-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Not the tree of woe, Ghazi..............I beseech you, old horse!