PDA

View Full Version : Hockey is gay

Ghazi
05-31-2010, 08:41 PM
Sons I am watching the Stanley Cup right now and while I'm not saying this is a pure luck sport... it just seems like it's hard to control the puck even for the best teams and a lot of goals can be accidental offense. Sons does anyone else get this vibe or am I just showing my ignorance of this gimmick sport?

lefty
05-31-2010, 08:49 PM
:lol

Hockey is unpredictable

Game 1 end with a 6-5 score

TOnight the game is tight

You have 2 big, defensive teams going against each other on a very slippery surface, so yeah it seems fucked up

Plus, you have different strategies depending on the offensive lines

For example, if you have a line with talented scorers/puck handlers, they are more likely to carry the puck into the opponent's zone
On the opposite, when the coach sends his grinder (usually less skilled) line, they (or their defencemen, depending on who has the puck) will dump the puck deep so the big grinders will forecheck the other team's defenceman to put pressure on them/force a turnover and create a scoring chance

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2010, 03:06 AM
u talkin about hockey or ice hockey? gettin a big lip from a hockey stick is not fun :(

ffadicted
06-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Hockey is so gay

lefty
06-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Hockey is so gay
XTQ7bf41oNA

dbreiden83080
06-01-2010, 03:10 PM
This sounds funny coming from an MMA fan but one thing that always had surprised me about Hockey is the acceptance of violent behavior on the ice and the need to dish out pay-back to a player that another feels wronged him. Like that Marty McSorley who busted Donald Brashear in the head with his stick and admitted he did it for pay-back of a previous incident. I just saw that HBO show The Broad Street Bullies talking about those Phillies teams that had guys who's goal was to basically go out there and start fights.. Obviously this does not go on as much today and there are immensely skilled players like Crosby..

lefty
06-01-2010, 03:13 PM
This sounds funny coming from an MMA fan but one thing that always had surprised me about Hockey is the acceptance of violent behavior on the ice and the need to dish out pay-back to a player that another feels wronged him. Like that Marty McSorley who busted Donald Brashear in the head with his stick and admitted he did it for pay-back of a previous incident. I just saw that HBO show The Broad Street Bullies talking about those Phillies teams that had guys who's goal was to basically go out there and start fights.. Obviously thisw does not on as much today and there are immesely skilled players like Crosby..
Actually it makes sense

MMA is fighting and is suposed to be about fighting

Muser
06-01-2010, 03:42 PM
I really don't like Hockey, if I want to watch a fight i'll watch MMA/Boxing.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I disagree--hockey is awesome to watch. I always look forward to watching the NHL and NBA playoffs in tandem.

Yeah, I get a lot of weird looks from my friends (mainly because I'm black and hockey is my 4th sport behind NBA, football, and NASCAR), but I don't care lol

lefty
06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I disagree--hockey is awesome to watch. I always look forward to watching the NHL and NBA playoffs in tandem.

Yeah, I get a lot of weird looks from my friends (mainly because I'm black and hockey is my 4th sport behind NBA, football, and NASCAR), but I don't care lol
Then you will like P.K Subban

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-05-2010, 12:20 AM
lol Hockey
lol MMgay

DarkReign
06-05-2010, 01:12 AM
.....and?

panic giraffe
06-10-2010, 06:29 PM
agreed.

they wear more pads then in gay football and skate on the same ice i'd take my kid to go see elmo on.

nhl owners could do themselves a favor and save on budget by firing all but one dude, have him play foosball in an arena and every now and then jab a guy.

symple19
06-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Hockey isn't my favorite sport, but it's about as far from "gay" as a sport can get. It's brutal, fast, and as emotional as any sport out there.